Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_4120.png

...Is this a Yakuza 4 reference?

Why'd they have to reference the meme game out of all of them?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why'd they have to reference the meme game out of all of them?

This is a game where Phoniex Wright can team up with Goro Majima to take down Mechon from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Everything goes my friend.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a game where Phoniex Wright can team up with Goro Majima to take down Mechon from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Everything goes my friend.

...If there is a Rubber Bullets comment made by Kiryu or Majima, I will be 100% certain that the ping-pong thing was a Y4 reference.

EDIT: Ooh, I could nab an Xbox Series S for reasonably cheap. Even less than my switch. Hm... Wonder if I can scrap together enough change.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

If there is a Rubber Bullets comment made by Kiryu or Majima, I will be 100% certain that the ping-pong thing was a Y4 reference.

I haven't seen anything of the sort in their battle convos but I'll let you know.

As for the actual context, Kiryu and the Mishimas were playing ping-pong inside Shinra Org's flying truck thing.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't seen anything of the sort in their battle convos but I'll let you know.

Thanks!

As for the actual context, Kiryu and the Mishimas were playing ping-pong inside Shinra Org's flying truck thing.

Well, Yakuza 4 introduced a really, really weird ping-pong minigame. You might ask how a ping-pong minigame can be weird, but they sure as heck did it.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

From memory: PxZ2's storyline is a complete mess. 

This is not the kind of game you'd play for that tho.

The """"""""story""""""" is just an excuse to get all these characters together. It's like a crossover Musou in that sense.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I know its mostly for the refernces and the jokes, but still, i kinda prefer actual development somewhere.

Again, this isn't the game for that, given it's nature.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is not the kind of game you'd play for that tho.

The """"""""story""""""" is just an excuse to get all these characters together. It's like a crossover Musou in that sense.

Again, this isn't the game for that, given it's nature.

Yeah, thats largely the reason I only ran through it once as well.

Its difficult for me to overlook that. Maybe its just me.

Screenshot_4166.png

sigh

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, thats largely the reason I only ran through it once as well.

Its difficult for me to overlook that. Maybe its just me.

Yeah, i'm totally fine with things just being dumb fun. Not everything needs to have a story or whatever.

Important Fire Emblem villains when you defeat them: "I must retreat"

Metal Face:

Screenshot_4174.png

43 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I fucked up

I fucked up so badly

What happened, if you don't mind telling?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ayo @Benice did you know there's a Yakuza zombie game?

I did, in fact! It's where Majima has his gun from, I think.

It's well-known for having some fantastic character interactions, some of Majima's best moments, and for the gameplay being very bad. Apparently, the aiming controls ain't very good to begin with, and, well...

The poor old PS3 had simply couldn't handle it.

@Shrimperor, I don’t know why you thought I would spend hours on the snake boss, that was quite easy. Only took me two tries. So unless there’s another optional snake boss this chapter, I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I fucked up

I fucked up so badly

What happened?

Screenshot_4197.png

That is a big fat lie and we all know it.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

The poor old PS3 had simply couldn't handle it.

Ooof.

But seeing the video made me realize that the chapter that the Yakuza duo join is directly taken from Dead Souls then. I just thought it was Resident Evil because zombies and the fact that the RE duo joined the prior chapter.

But seeing the video made me realize that the chapter that the Yakuza duo join is directly taken from Dead Souls then.

Kiryu uses a gun as well?

Something I like about the Xenoblade content in PXZ2 is that Fiora and Metal Face finally get to interact in this game. I always thought it was a missed opportunity that they never got to truly confront each other again after the opening incident.

Screenshot_4204.png

Screenshot_4205.png

Screenshot_4206.png

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kiryu uses a gun as well?

Yes

Screenshot_4207.png

For one of their moves anyway.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Something I like about the Xenoblade content in PXZ2 is that Fiora and Metal Face finally get to interact in this game. I always thought it was a missed opportunity that they never got to truly confront each other again after the opening incident.

Now that you mention it, you're right. They really didn't get to interact again huh.

I have spent less time making the same amount of progress in PxZ2 compared to PxZ1 (both games have the same amount of chapters so it's an easy metric of comparison). The quality of the improvements here is honestly monumental guys.

@Eltosian Kadath

Solaire is depressed now and has disappeared, Reah is dead I think, Siegmeyer is depressed now I think, the Bed of Chaos wasn't as much of a tosspot as everyone said it was, and I'm headed to the final Lord Soul, up in the Duke's Archives. Also, I thought that Frampt had died, but he was just sleeping. He must have slept through Kaathe's seminar as well, hence why he didn't tell me anything about it.

And I must say, the crystal caves are visually great, but otherwise AUGHRTFHBJNUIOUGYHB. The archives were really fun, though.

And Seath is going to take me a really, really long time.

As for attacking the gods... Still haven't committed to going one way or another.

Edited by Benice