Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Solaire is depressed now and has disappeared

Probably better than the alternative for Solaire. I am guessing you got the Sunlight Maggot before he could, as if he managed to reach it first he would have been overjoyed by it, and considered it his sun, but...he would then try to kill you, and probably die in the attempt. At least in his more depressive form he will survive to the end, and even be there to aid you in the final fight of the game.

Siegfreid is depressed now I think,

I am guessing you mean Siegmeyer. In Lost Izalith, did you kill all the cone-bodied monstrosities before talking to him? Did you rescue his daughter from the gold crystal golem?

Bed of Chaos wasn't as much of a tosspot as everyone said it was

Ughh...can't stand that boss fight myself.

And I must say, the crystal caves are visually great, but otherwise AUGHRTFHBJNUIOUGYHB. The archives were really fun, though.

Yeah, the invisible pathways are stressful to deal with (although Prism Stones do help), and one of those crystals is kinda bs with how you can falloff what looks like a perfectly walkable section of it...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Probably better than the alternative for Solaire. I am guessing you got the Sunlight Maggot before he could, as if he managed to reach it first he would have been overjoyed by it, and considered it his sun, but...he would then try to kill you, and probably die in the attempt. At least in his more depressive form he will survive to the end, and even be there to aid you in the final fight of the game.

Ah.

Dark Souls: Where the good ending is depression.

I am guessing you mean Siegmeyer. In Lost Izalith, did you kill all the cone-bodied monstrosities before talking to him?

Ayup. Fell into a pit, then all of them fell into a hole while trying to attack me. He then gave me a ring, though.

Did you rescue his daughter from the gold crystal golem?

...Oh.

Haven't seen any of those yet...

Ughh...can't stand that boss fight myself.

I mean, I didn't like it, but the run to it was only ~40 seconds using the big hallway, and not much really slows you down or stops you on the way there as opposed to something like Bell Gargoyles, where a somewhat dangerous group of foes who are rather dangerous are stopping you.

...Not saying that I didn't like the Bell Gargoyles, quite the opposite, I just think that Bed of Chaos's Trial-and-Error gameplay could have been a lot worse. I think I'll find Seath to be much worse, since the run is both long and dangerous, and those clams he spawns during the fight make dealing with his huge AoE attacks really tricky, since he doesn't seem to get rid of them, unlike Nito, who does ressurect 'em, but also constantly gets them out of your way or obstructs them. (I actually ended up beating Nito by going to one side to pull all the skeletons in, then running around to the other side of the rock and behind Nito so that all the skeletons got stuck in him.)

Yeah, the invisible pathways are stressful to deal with (although Prism Stones do help), and one of those crystals is kinda bs with how you can falloff what looks like a perfectly walkable section of it...

I also have a tendency to clip through rocks as well. I once got Gump stuck in a circle of rocks, before she got launched into a giant pit. It was really funny. Aside from losing 6 humanity, but eh, I'd have lost 'em sooner or later anyways. Plus, I can always attack rats or skeleton babies with the Covetous Gold Serpent ring. Neither of those should have humanity, actually...

As for ending...I think I will choose not to link the flame, but I also don't think I'll slap Gwynevere and Gwyndolin.

Spoiler

I keep being told to succeed Gwyn...And since what Gwyn did was force the course of nature to progress, I think I succeed him by ending the age of fire as opposed to continuing it. I'm not dead-set on this yet, since I have to think through the connotations of this choice, such as what the Dark will actually do and whether it just means that Kaathe will eat us all, but my current choice is that. Plus, the dragons still exist after the war, and according to Dohmall, there's still an eternal dragon/cult surrounding it. Wait, does that mean that linking the flame is the Fire Emblem ending?! Gwyn as lord for FE17 confirmed.

The old world doesn't have to crumble entirely when a new one commences, I don't think.

Plus, I'm not a particularly destructive fellow, aside from my strategies in FE so I don't know if I have the heart to end more things than necessary. We can host the Olympics in Anor Londo this way as well.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Ayup. Fell into a pit, then all of them fell into a hole while trying to attack me. He then gave me a ring, though.

Oh well, it could be worse, as he has a chance of dying in that pit, but also could be better if has 50+% health when he takes them down with you. Did the same thing on my first run to be fair.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

...Oh.

Haven't seen any of those yet...

It should be in that area between the Duke's Archie and the crystal cave.

There is another one that has captured a character key to the DLC (well it was DLC in the original, but should be included in remaster) in a cave behind the lake with the hydra in darkroot basin...

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, I didn't like it, but the run to it was only ~40 seconds using the big hallway, and not much really slows you down or stops you on the way there as opposed to something like Bell Gargoyles, where a somewhat dangerous group of foes who are rather dangerous are stopping you.

...Not saying that I didn't like the Bell Gargoyles, quite the opposite, I just think that Bed of Chaos's Trial-and-Error gameplay could have been a lot worse.

This kinda makes me wonder what you will think about the somewhat controversial choice made in DS2 where if you kill enemies enough times they stop coming back (unless you are part of the challenge rock covenant, but that is a discussion for another game...)

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think I'll find Seath to be much worse, since the run is both long and dangerous, and those clams he spawns during the fight make dealing with his huge AoE attacks really tricky, since he doesn't seem to get rid of them, unlike Nito, who does ressurect 'em, but also constantly gets them out of your way or obstructs them. (I actually ended up beating Nito by going to one side to pull all the skeletons in, then running around to the other side of the rock and behind Nito so that all the skeletons got stuck in him.)

? I don't remember him summoning anything. Did some of the clams from in front of the boss room sneak in? If so you should be able to kill them all before entering to not have to deal with that. I will also note that cutting off his tail is a pain if you go for it, as only the middle tail counts, and you have to hit it far enough from the base to count as a tail hit.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Plus, the dragons still exist after the war, and according to Dohmall, there's still an eternal dragon/cult surrounding it.

I am guessing you missed the secret and majestic area that is Ash Lake then. In the Blight Town Swamp there is a pathway past two illusory walls that leads to the Great Hollow, and at the bottom of that there is Ash Lake, and at the back of it is you can find the covenant of the Path of the Dragon...

Can't sleep tonight. Not sure exactly why, but I think I need to work out more to exhaust myself, or do other stuff. Why is it that you can't feel good during exercise, only after? That is what continually puts me off from promises to sweat daily, I need instant gratification.

And it turns out it doesn't take very much news-watching to start sending me back into the doldrums. I'm not there yet, but even a moderate interruption from a news hiatus is having more effects than I thought it would. Back to calmly saying "the world is doomed" but not watching it's day-by-day demise then.

Time to pass time wasting it on the Internet until the sleep fatigue reaches the point where I do fall asleep then.🥱

7 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Ludin is an asshole.

We'll come back to this in the future.

7 hours ago, Maof06 said:

at least I told him that that green suited him.

Why does nobody ever tell him he looks like a frog? He has the best response to that!

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Rook is a badass

That he is, that he is.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

I fucked up

I fucked up so badly

Uh oh... Well, hope you tell us more about that when you come back 

AMr43CA.jpg

These little buggers are so friggin' adorable! I want one as a pet.
I think I'll name this one... Jean-Luc. XD

Also, @Shrimperor, I've discovered that Tornado Sword is, like, THE best skill for gathering stuff. Gone are the days of painstakingly lining up a jump just right to get to harder to reach gathering points that are higher up. Now I have an attack to do it for me. Hehe!

Hmm... gather materials at specific points to craft stuff with them, eh? And different materials have different rarity...
This is beginning to sound an awful lot like an Atelier game, isn't it?
Atelier Adol - Castaways on the Isle of Seiren
xD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

don’t know why you thought I would spend hours on the snake boss, that was quite eas

I didn't think that tho. I thought you were stuck on him not will be stuck on him xD

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

These little buggers are so friggin' adorable! I want one as a pet.

Wait until that one quest xD

think I'll name this one... Jean-Luc. XD

Haha

Atelier Adol - Castaways on the Isle of Seiren

Atelier Adol & Dana - Secrets of the past and present

XD

No joke tho, the only old Ys to not get a remake yet, Ys 5, suppossedly has some kind of Alchemy system

We still need a remake and the canon version of it...

The sword Adol has at the very beginning before losing it dueto ship crash ™️ is from Ys 5

All right, Red Herring man is beat. Only took me two tries this morning, it went super well. I just exploited his AI oversight to my advantage and stayed close to him so he wouldn't use the slowmo thing, and then he died.

...or not, because he pulled a Hubert. That fight was so pointless... But eh, I had fun, so it's all right.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait until that one quest xD

That doesn't sound foreboding at all! xD

Guess the peeps in that volcano village in Ys 2 were right to chuck their Pikkards into the lava to cook them.
At least that's what I headcanon'd when watching that... xD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atelier Adol & Dana - Secrets of the past and present

On that note, I wonder if/when Dana becomes playable. Right now, her only presence has been in dreams/flashbacks.
... If she and Adol meet, that's gonna be awkward.
Adol: "Hey, I saw you in my dreams!"
Dogi: "Dang, pal! Putting on the moves immediately? Nice one!"
Adol: "Th-that's not what I meant!"
Meanwhile Dana just stands there, looking confused

XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No joke tho, the only old Ys to not get a remake yet, Ys 5, suppossedly has some kind of Alchemy system

Oooh! Nice!
I was actually gonna play that one after I finish 8!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The sword Adol has at the very beginning before losing it dueto ship crash ™️ is from Ys 5

Then that fits even more with my plans! Was wondering what that sword was all about! It looked too important.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I was actually gonna play that one after I finish 8!

I suggest waiting for the remake like all of us since og Ys 5 is really... bad and got uncanonized by new games.

Also no english tl afaik

Edited by Shrimperor

I suggest waiting for the remake like all of us since og Ys 5 is really... bad

... Somehow, that makes me more curious to play it. xD

and got uncanonized by new games.

ydjhWFT.jpg

*Ys 8 nervously sweating*
XD

But if that is the case, then it makes the fact that this sword got sunk into the ocean, never to be seen again (presumably) downright symbolic. XD

Also no english tl afaik

The SNES version has one!
I couldn't play the PS2 version, even if I wanted to, and that one doesn't have a translation, but the SNES version does. Which is why that version is what I'll be playing.
So... that's gonna be fun. Maybe. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

*Ys 8 nervously sweating*
XD

But if that is the case, then it makes the fact that this sword got sunk into the ocean, never to be seen again (presumably) downright symbolic. XD

Well, not the whole game, but some of the events there haha

That Adol was in Xandria is still canon due to Isios blade, but the current events of Ys 5 aren't

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, not the whole game, but some of the events there haha

That Adol was in Xandria is still canon due to Isios blade, but the current events of Ys 5 aren't

Oh, I see!
... Then I will be able to make a whole bunch of "this never happened" jokes. XD

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, I see!
... Then I will be able to make a whole bunch of "this never happened" jokes. XD

Haha

Ys 3 and 4 before they got their remakes were the same, although unlike Ys 5 these games are loved and many love on of the og Ys 4 games over canon Ys 4

Canon Ys 3 is Oath in Felghana. Og one was a sidescroller like Zelda 2

Canon Ys 4 is Memories of Celceta. Originally there were 2 Ys 4 games from different developers, both which got uncanonized by modern Ys and Celceta being a thing. In one of them Adol ends up with Ys 2 Apple girl.

Curtent Ys Timeline is like this iirc:

Ys Origin (canon: 3rd route) -700years-> Ys 1/2 -> Ys 4 (canon: Celceta) -> Ys 3 (canon: Felghana) -> Ys 5 (no canon game yet) -> Ys 8 -> Ys 6 -> Ys 7 -> Ys 9

Kondo said he wants to do Ys 10 next i think, but he also did say they wanna remake Ys 5 and add alot of stuff they cut from their original plan

Although i can see why they are hesitant to remake 5. It almost killed the series...

Edited by Shrimperor

Oh, shit, and now I'm fighting me... for some reason!

Well, that was easy. Pfft! Barely took me four tries to beat her. And then she made the pose and died. Absolutely hilarious, I love this game.

5 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Beaten all of modes of Kirby Superstar today.

I hate to say it, but there bosses I couldn't even beat after more than a half dozen of attempts.

Oh, don't feel too bad. I've spent literal hours on some of the bosses in the game I'm playing right now.

Edited by Saint Rubenio