Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

do you remember how long Sky 3rd was btw? Idk when you played it.

Uhhhh it's like 25 hours.

But i know you'll go for Sooks% so it might take you longer. Or not, it's not as bulky as Sky FC and SC when it comes to side content.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhh it's like 25 hours.

Ooh, that’s good. Though I’ll need an extra 20 hours for getting wrecked, since I’ll be playing on nightmare mode.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But i know you'll go for Sooks% so it might take you longer. Or not, it's not as bulky as Sky FC and SC when it comes to side content.

No, I don’t go for Sooks% with these games because I know I would need a guide for at least some of it since I know there’s no way I could get everything, but the story causes so many time limits for when you can do basically everything or points when certain content become unavailable, so I would probably end up spoiling myself with a guide. And the story is the best part of these games so far, so I definitely don’t want that to happen.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ancient cistern

This one's one of my favorites!

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

sand ship

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

fire sanctuary

Ooh, you're nearly getting to my very favorite dungeon in the franchise, though! It's a bit of a weird one, so I hope you like it.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dayni’s back,

Hooray!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Based. Loved them all.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ooh, you're nearly getting to my very favorite dungeon in the franchise, though! It's a bit of a weird one, so I hope you like it.

Is it the final dungeon? I feel like there’s only one dungeon left at this point since, after I get to the Lanayru gorge and do the stuff there, I’ll have all 20 hearts.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ooh, that’s good. Though I’ll need an extra 20 hours for getting wrecked, since I’ll be playing on nightmare mode.

No, I don’t go for Sooks% with these games because I know I would need a guide for at least some of it since I know there’s no way I could get everything, but the story causes so many time limits for when you can do basically everything or points when certain content become unavailable, so I would probably end up spoiling myself with a guide. And the story is the best part of these games so far, so I definitely don’t want that to happen.

If there's any Trails game you can feasibly go for Sooks%, it's 3rd. 3rd doesn't actually have sidequests, all of the side-content is exclusively limited to the various Doors you'll be coming across (and actually, the Doors are more important than the main plot imo).

Trails in general becomes easier to manage with it's side content from here on out, due to how the plot is structured. In Zero and onwards, you basically decide to advance the plot.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it the final dungeon?

Yup. If you're doing Sooks%, getting the Absurdly Sturdy shield may take a while. If you need help, I do have two pieces of advice that will probably make your life a lot easier.

(Also, btw, the game ends after you beat the final boss, and that boss IS added to the challenge that you do to get the Absurdly Sturdy Shield. It's up to you if you do that or not, though)

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Based. Loved them all.

Yeah, I adore basically every temple in this game. Skyview's the only one I'm actually neutral on, since it's a fairly standard first temple for a Zelda game, but still pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yup. If you're doing Sooks%, getting the Absurdly Sturdy shield may take a while. If you need help, I do have two pieces of advice that will probably make your life a lot easier.

The Hylian Shield from the boss rush with the thunder dragon, yeah.

I hope it doesn’t take a while, I need to get a piece of heart from that as well. Although you don’t need to do as well for the peace of heart.

(Also, btw, the game ends after you beat the final boss, and that boss IS added to the challenge that you do to get the Absurdly Sturdy Shield. It's up to you if you do that or not, though)

The final boss is included in the boss rush before the final boss? That’s stupid.

Still, though, the Sooks% doesn’t falter.

At the very least, since I’m doing Sooks%, I should have 20 hearts to get the shield with.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If there's any Trails game you can feasibly go for Sooks%, it's 3rd. 3rd doesn't actually have sidequests, all of the side-content is exclusively limited to the various Doors you'll be coming across (and actually, the Doors are more important than the main plot imo).

Trails in general becomes easier to manage with it's side content from here on out, due to how the plot is structured. In Zero and onwards, you basically decide to advance the plot.

Is that actually it? Just these door things? Well, I’ll do all the ones I come across, of course. Are they easy to miss?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that actually it? Just these door things? Well, I’ll do all the ones I come across, of course. Are they easy to miss?

Well it depends on how you define missing. If by easy to miss you just mean not coming across them, there's a good chance you might miss Star Door 15, as it requires you to go through the optional endgame grinding dungeon and fighting all the bosses there. If you don't, it won't show up.

If by missing you mean not opening them, there's a chance you might miss the requirements.

At any rate, you want to view all the Moon and Star Doors. They are vital for what comes after 3rd so if you miss them in the game, be sure to look them up on YouTube. The Sun Doors, on the other hand, are mainly mini-games and they don't matter much. One unlock Josette's S-Craft but lol. The other introduces you to two Calvardian characters who are gonna show up in Kuro but nothing of them that's in Sky 3rd is really relevant.

Edit: nothing is perma-miss before the obvious point of no return.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The final boss is included in the boss rush before the final boss? That’s stupid.

Nonononono, this isn't Jump Force, which accidentally included the twist villain as a playable for half the game.

After you beat the game, you can pick it up from the point right before the final boss, but they're added to the Boss Rush, apparently. I don't know what the reward for beating them is, though.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nonononono, this isn't Jump Force, which accidentally included the twist villain as a playable for half the game.

After you beat the game, you can pick it up from the point right before the final boss, but they're added to the Boss Rush, apparently. I don't know what the reward for beating them is, though.

Ohhh. Ohhhhh. Much better.

Wait, what’s Jump Force? It sounds like it’s just Three Houses.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well it depends on how you define missing. If by easy to miss you just mean not coming across them, there's a good chance you might miss Star Door 15, as it requires you to go through the optional endgame grinding dungeon and fighting all the bosses there. If you don't, it won't show up.

If by missing you mean not opening them, there's a chance you might miss the requirements.

At any rate, you want to view all the Moon and Star Doors. They are vital for what comes after 3rd so if you miss them in the game, be sure to look them up on YouTube. The Sun Doors, on the other hand, are mainly mini-games and they don't matter much. One unlock Josette's S-Craft but lol. The other introduces you to two Calvardian characters who are gonna show up in Kuro but nothing of them that's in Sky 3rd is really relevant.

Edit: nothing is perma-miss before the obvious point of no return.

If nothing is perma miss then I should be good, since I can just use a guide before the obvious point of no return, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what’s Jump Force?

I haven't played it, but it looks like it's glorious.

(The thing I was referring to is at 25:19, which I've timestamped here.)

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The other introduces you to two Calvardian characters who are gonna show up in Kuro but nothing of them that's in Sky 3rd is really relevant.

Didn’t respond to this directly, but they set up two characters and then did nothing with them for seven games? That’s an interesting choice.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Didn’t respond to this directly, but they set up two characters and then did nothing with them for seven games? That’s an interesting choice.

It's less that and more of they were just background characters that showed up in in-game books and now that mini-game Sky 3rd. They're just making their proper debut in Kuro but they'll likely just be supporting characters like Nial and Dorothy.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

they'll likely just be supporting characters like Nial and Dorothy.

No Armagon, Dorothy is definitely the grandmaster, what do you mean?

Random thought that came to me, looking at the Hinoka and Camilla pirate duo: Anne Boney and Mary Read.

Took more than enough time for that, haha.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-02-at-12-10-34-PM.pn

facts xD

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

how long is Sky 3rd?

~80 hours here!

But...

I did a blind Nightmare 100% run and achieved it. The only game i ever got all achievements in XD

Also play on Nightmare. It has the best gameplay in the series with the best Boss fights!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

How can it be Dorothy when it's clearly Gilbert?

Sieg_(Sky_FC).png

On 8/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, DragonFlames said:

Samurai Warriors 5 (which already came out a few days ago

I've been playing it. Despite its issues its pretty good. I think it easily blows Samurai Warriors 4 out of the water though that's not very hard since I wasn't fond of SW4. 

For some reason I dreamed that I tried playing Trails again, except in my dream "Trails" was an action RPG, and then after I killed an inn owner NPC twice a really hard boss that looked like Gendo Ikari appeared and I don't remember anything else.

I don't think there's any significance to this dream, just thought I'd say it. Maybe it's telling me to play Ys? Well, not any time soon, I've other games to play. Like Revelation. Everyone hates Revelation. But who cares about everyone. Everyone is always wrong. Unlike me. I am right. Me! No one else!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. As grateful as I am for fan translations, fangames can't escape a certain air about them. Although a great deal of unpaid effort may be poured into them that is worth respecting, the lack of legitimacy makes them less alluring to me. 

Meanwhile me: "Every FE fangame I've ever played is better than half the official games."

"Even the one about promises and divine lightning that everyone likes laughing at."

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

All the Fates talk here has really gotten me in a Conquest mood… but I want to continue with the Trails in the Sky trilogy as well. Gah… Conquest or Sky 3rd? Decisions, decisions…

Well, I should probably finish Skyward Sword first, since I’m so close. But after that, I don’t know. Conquest or Sky 3rd…

No. Omori.

...Nah, just messin' with ya, you do what you want. Maybe you could do a generics only run of Conquest, and finally discover the greatness of Haitaka for yourself.

Seriously though, do yourself a favor and get Haitaka next time you play Conquest. If nothing else, Haitaka. He may be a bit of a pain to capture, but he's such a wonderful unit. He even has a personal, Seal Defense! Might as well be personal, since nobody else can get it other than generic spear masters and Corrin.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

I am back! What did I miss?

Also, Dayni's been gone for a good long while... Hope he's OK.

Was it just a coincidence that you happened to wonder about Dayni the same day he returned?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fang character-wise is my favorite.

No matter how I feel about the game as a whole I agree with this.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They'll also have to preserve the old, exploitable AI I think, since I can't see some AW1 campaign fights being very winnable without the GBA stupidity. 

I've heard. Imagine WayForward making those maps even harder.

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Paused too. Got 2 badges and lost 2 Pokémon, Ruben the Pansage and Derrick the Vivillon.

Lucario + Power-Up Punch = OP.

RIP.

Lucario is a very solid choice in X/Y, especially with the free Mega.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haaaaaa, so, by some mistaken/blunder/neglect/carelessness from my part from apparently months ago, I got kicked out of the government program since it was my second run through it out of the two allowed. So, my apprenticeship is also over, the very day it began.

Current and perpetual mood: pre-timeskip Marianne

Ah fuck.

These limits tend to be argued as an way to prevent abuse, but that doesn't really help for those who are constantly finding themselves out of work.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

I am back! What did I miss?

Also, Dayni's been gone for a good long while... Hope he's OK.

Shoulder Tap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hello there. Things are still fairly busy to be honest, so might show signs of dipping.

Thank you, @Shrimperor, @Saint Rubenio, @lightcosmo, @Interdimensional Observer, @Sooks, @Armagon, @Maof06!
Your support means a lot!

I'll be sticking around to annoy you guys a while longer! xD

Also, welcome back @Dayni! Glad you're around again!
And @Maof06
, that cat picture was really adorable! Thanks for that, haha!
Is that your cat?

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I've been playing it. Despite its issues its pretty good. I think it easily blows Samurai Warriors 4 out of the water though that's not very hard since I wasn't fond of SW4. 

Oh, nice!
I actually liked SW4, but this is great to hear!

---

So, I continued playing Ys: Memories of Celceta for a bit, and I got my (so far) favorite character back!
P8kQBSC.jpg

She's basically cheese mode against bosses, but frankly, I don't care. XD
The game gives me the option to play as her, and I will play as her! Even if it completely destroys any and all challenge the bosses could pose (on Normal, anyway, and against the bosses I've fought with her so far. Might change later, but we'll see). That's on Falcom for making her OP! She's matching her namesake, at least. XD
Not that I mind, because I'm having a blast playing as her!

Also, I am convinced whoever was responsible for designing her looked at Dynasty Warriors' Wang Yuanji and said "yeah, this is cool, let's do that!"... only that Wang Yuanji tends to be OP even by Musou standards (once you've gotten used to her, at least), so making a slightly less huge-ranged version of her moveset for an ARPG like Ys results in something that is terrifyingly strong. XD
Though let's be real here: Ys and Warriors games do have a LOT in common in terms of their combat systems. Really the only thing Ys needs is hundreds of enemies on the screen at once. An Ys Warriors would thus probably be one of the easiest games to make, because they really wouldn't have to change a lot about the characters' movesets.

On another note: See this fellow?
oZLM5Rp.jpg

The second he showed up, I said "this guy's a villain" even though he was being very friendly and polite, and even helped out during one sidequest.
And what do you think happened just a few gameplay hours later?

Spoiler

Something that made me go "Did someone pick up the phone? Because I called it!" of course!

And we also got Ys VI references, which is neat!
6bv6Riq.jpgMMJn37x.jpg

Also, also, this Calilica girl is a gem.
PJMacMr.jpgezVQBbL.jpg
DbPHxgj.jpg

lol

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It seems like it's telling you to play Kuro

Googling Kuro leads to "Pizzeria siciliana Kuro."

Soooo what you're saying is, I need a Sicilian pizza right about now. Well, wouldn't say no to that!

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes!

Unbenannt.png

Oh, that Kuro.

Hmm, I dunno... what is the state of chins in this universe? Are there any beards at all? You know how much of a dealbreaker that is for me.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be sticking around to annoy you guys a while longer! xD

Annoy us our whole lifes we don't mind!

Because you aren't an annoyance 😉

n Normal

And on Nightmare, too xD

She's probably the most op Ys character xD

Calilica girl is a gem

Hammer lolis can very easily be best xD

And we also got Ys VI references

you haven't seen anything yet

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm, I dunno... what is the state of chins in this universe? Are there any beards at all? You know how much of a dealbreaker that is for me.

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Kuro-no-Kiseki_2021

Edited by Shrimperor