• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The differences are fairly significant. And I'd say it's harder, because the gold economy shrunk more than the unit prices. As a result, unit spam feels much more difficult, which makes defending and advancing harder for me. There is also a lack of a true replacement for the Tank line, which was the undisputed vanguard of the typical land army. Knights and Golems tried to be Cheap Tank and Expensive Tank replacements, but Golems are really pricey, and Knights get stabbed by Pikemen (which was true IRL).

The economy impact was definitely the thing I noticed at first glance. Despite being kinda pikemen heavy myself, I till have to consider what it is I'm working with throughout.

Then again, my niece kinda got into going for Golems and it worked fine enough for her on lowest difficutly.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Also, this is a thing now.

Him, Sonic, who else is confirmed at this rate?

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Still the worst part

Araki, you hack

a2dTmnb.png

I am confused. By all of it.

Pokemon Presents has happened. Was it any good?

Spoiler

The first 6 or so minutes are all mobile titles or Unite, so skipping.

And yeah, in motion I am concerned about the look of the remakes already. The slowdown when the pokemon came out of the ball, the looks of the towns as they moved about. And then they had to do it. They brought back pokemon following you around. IT'S BEEN HOW LONG AND IT TOOK A NOT-GAMEFREAK DEV TO DO IT? I am concerned by the fact I might be interested because of this. The in battle models are actually pretty solid and it disappoints me that they went with the chibi models for walking the world, especially since they advertise trainer customisation. Though they actually showed off the contests, Underground and it looks about as I expected (but yes, the twirling still is as poor as you'd expect from Pokemon), barring what looks like new miniature dungeons you can access and fight rare enough pokemon (Including Munchlax without honey). Then there's Galactic shown, with the theme kinda unrecognisable. And with that and shots of the legendaries we're done with the trailer with a date of Nov 19. Was that announced before? There's nothing much in the talking points after the trailer either, so after a point or two I'll move on.

Reading into it the Platinum-added pokemon are available through the mini dungeons (called Hideaways), so excuse me while I give a half whoop for them actually giving us them even if it'll be awkward for nuzlocking purposes. And there's also a chance the Nat Dex won't be available too (Ugh). Guess there's still the Battle Frontier and other QoL things to ask about though, so no guarantees yet.

Next is Legends Arceus, where we see a bunch of shots of pokemon just out and about, with the areas looking a little worse than BotW (Good news, the framerates on pokemon weren't as low this time). Then there's a shot of a Stantler evo-looking thing, before we see a bit of the main town, some of the characters and more footage in action, including a montage of catching, combat and a dumb looking Growlithe alt (And a cool looking animation for the actual catching, it has a firework now), more shots of exploration, including in the air and on the water on new Braviary and Bascuiln alts/evos?. No idea of if the only ones that can be ridden are them and the Stantler evo, but after that there's a lightning storm and some pokemon get angry (you can tell by their eyes being red), with them directly attacking trainers (Amazing how durable the player is to survive a Thunder from Luxray). There's apparently styles from particular pokemon, one more montage including a team around a player, them a 2D bit at the end just to look nice and show the box art (And of course Pikachu's on the boxart. boo.)

Sinnoh's called Hisui now, apparently Team Galactic stole their logo from elsewhere (The Galaxy team), we start in Jubilife (There may be other locals. Interesting). It looks like you'll go between different areas to take on missions, so it's less akin to BotW and more like Monster Hunter after all. Apparently it turns out the pokemon will try to avoid the tall grass because of you being there (How the turn tables). Pokemon battles are more like Continuous turn battles now, so faster pokemon can get multiple turns, there's styles which alter attack strength and speed, which affect the amount of turns you can have. The Dex has a variety of goals now, really trying to make more out of it I suppose. The new evos include Wrydeer (Stantler's evo tied to there), Basculegion (with a pretty metal explanation that it's poassessed by the spirits of Basculin that dies swimming upstream), alongside the Hisuian Growlithe and Braviary (Confirmed Psychic/Flying).   It's confirmed for January 28th 2022.

TL:DW: I might be a bit interested. I am concerned. Have to see what more we learn from here, but at least BDSP has the Platinum Pokemon and they added pokemon following again.

I never thought I'd live to see the day JoJolion ended. I didn't think Evangelion 3.0+1.0 would be released in English any time soon either, or Metroid Dread for that matter, so this year is certainly full of surprises.

No context Ace Attorney

B4A03X1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Him, Sonic, who else is confirmed at this rate?

If you're talking about guests, there's also Tails and Beat from Jet Set Radio. Hopefully ChuChu Rocket will get representation, come on Sega.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Maybe I'll try it next time I play Ocarina.

I reccomend it highly! Fair warning, in Dodongo's Cavern, there is a situation where you can easily force a hardlock!

Radiant Dawn HM with enemy ranges patched in is great. What isn't great is how Micaiah can die to generic enemies in one hit in the second chapter. Why is everyone not named Sothe or Nolan (and now Aran, I guess) made of paper. ;_;

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I reccomend it highly! Fair warning, in Dodongo's Cavern, there is a situation where you can easily force a hardlock!

Wait, what situation? I luckily missed it, I guess.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I am confused. By all of it.

The fans are confused too. Araki ignored a bunch of plot points in order to rush the ending. In a mystery story no less. The second part of Jojolion is the worst of the series smh. At least there are some funny moments.

LEDB8AA.pngSSoXG8x.png

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Reading into it the Platinum-added pokemon are available through the mini dungeons (called Hideaways), so excuse me while I give a half whoop for them actually giving us them even if it'll be awkward for nuzlocking purposes.

>limiting pokémon to side dungeons

This game is going to be a disgrace.

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Then again, my niece kinda got into going for Golems and it worked fine enough for her on lowest difficutly.

Which might not be the best indicator of what works, not to be harsh whatsoever on a child. Admittedly, I had to turn down the difficulty to Normal once they updated in options for it, since IIRC the pre-difficulty-selector difficulty for the campaign was afterwards labeled as "Hard".

57 minutes ago, Dayni said:

alongside the Hisuian Growlithe

hisuian-growlithe.original.jpg

I've been apathetic to Pokemon for a decade or more now, but this is so cute! I want to hug my IRL furry little friend seeing this, except they dislike being grabbed, so I'll respect their right to social distancing.

And the adorableness of Growlithe is undermined by the writer of the article I read the news in pointing out that Stantler has a big caboose, I never noticed that before and never needed to.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you're talking about guests, there's also Tails and Beat from Jet Set Radio. Hopefully ChuChu Rocket will get representation, come on Sega.

Well, I did recall seeing Tails, but not Beat (who is not the first Beat I'd think of).

Who would you expect to get in besides?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

What.

Is that just an issue with the 3DS version?

20 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

>limiting pokémon to side dungeons

This game is going to be a disgrace.

I know, I find it silly they have it in the underground rather than altering the route encounters, but they're actually adding these pokemon which can be caught in the base game rather than leaving us with the 150 in the original DP, which was also a mess.

I'm trying to get what you mean here.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which might not be the best indicator of what works, not to be harsh whatsoever on a child. Admittedly, I had to turn down the difficulty to Normal once they updated in options for it, since IIRC the pre-difficulty-selector difficulty for the campaign was afterwards labeled as "Hard".

Hard's the difficulty they treat as the default in the base campaign, I can't pretend I'm getting A ranks in all the maps but I've made do when I play it. I think that's what they were working off of from what I've read of it.

Well @Benice, you can take solace in the fact that you aren't the only guy here to be called in to work on a day that was supposed to be off.

Yeah, i had tomorrow off but not anymore. But i get more money in the end so i suppose i win either way.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I probably should get back to MM, but I will admit a concern with how the time mechanics work.

The time-limit in Majora's Mask is not a huge issue. It looks scary but the Song of Reverse Time slows it down to the point where unless you're just bad at Zelda games, you should have more than enough time to complete one dugenon per cycle.

Don't bother on getting the side-stuff (well except maybe the sword upgrades) until you've done all four temples tho.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, the water shrine comparison was more in a "this is the closest FE gets to this problem I have with AW" vein.

Water shrine wasn't really an issue when i was able to Thanos Snap almost everything there. Also the fact that i warp skipped it.

Now Fire Shrine. *Shudders*.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

hisuian-growlithe.original.jpg

Now i can only imagine the majesty of Hisuian Archanine.

Hmmm. I wonder if there's any reason as to why ancient Sinnoh is known as Hisui? Not in-game but something that just makes sense with the Japanese language.

Okay, I've been gone a while. Time for another attempt of Conquest chapter 10.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, he said thanks for being cool, here’s a cool item and then died.

It's a pretty sweet moment from him. Shame about what happens afterwards...

3 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I thought you had to kill her if you sided with Rugga.

Spoiler

You beat them up, but they don't die. Yrsa and Ludin, if he's still alive, rejoin near the beginning of TBS3. They're cool like that.

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Radiant Dawn HM with enemy ranges patched in is great. What isn't great is how Micaiah can die to generic enemies in one hit in the second chapter. Why is everyone not named Sothe or Nolan (and now Aran, I guess) made of paper. ;_;

I was tempted to do this at one point. I also patched the part 4 rout maps into kill bosses, got rid of the shitty game over conditions from the earlier chapters and restored the weapon triangle. I never got around to playing it because I remembered how bored I was with parts 3 and 4 and just sort of... couldn't bring myself to start. Whoops.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm. I wonder if there's any reason as to why ancient Sinnoh is known as Hisui? Not in-game but something that just makes sense with the Japanese language.

Hisui means Jade. In Japan, there are jade deposits in the Kamuikotan mountain region of Hokkaido. Aka what Mt. Coronet represents in the games.

Maybe there's a connection there.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Its only the GCN version so nevermind. Xd

But like what is the actual hard lock? I’m just curious what they could have possibly done, it feels like it would be difficult to do that in a Zelda game while making it easy (or like, something someone would realistically do) to trigger.

Edited by Sooks

YES

I WON

AHAHAHAHA, WHO'S THE MAN NOW!?

I mean, sure, Elise, Effie, Felicia and Beruka suffered tragic accidents and I missed the two lower villages, but on the other hand, Saburo the samurai with quick draw got a good level, and I welcome Daisuke the oni savage with lunge and Yayoi the sky knight to the team. Who cares about all those scrubs?

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But like what is the actual hard lock? I’m just curious what they could have possibly done, it feels like it would be difficult to do that in a Zelda game while making it easy (or like, something someone would realistically do) to trigger.

If you recall, there is a room with some things you push to get to a ladder to climb, and step on a switch to open a door in the original version. Well. In MQ, to open the door, you need to slay every enemy in the room. But if you kill them all, and quickly grab onto the ladder before the door opens: Link always turns towards an opening door via event, but he cant while climbing a ladder, thus the hardlock happens. 

Edited by lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YES

I WON

AHAHAHAHA, WHO'S THE MAN NOW!?

I mean, sure, Elise, Effie, Felicia and Beruka suffered tragic accidents and I missed the two lower villages, but on the other hand, Saburo the samurai with quick draw got a good level, and I welcome Daisuke the oni savage with lunge and Yayoi the sky knight to the team. Who cares about all those scrubs?

I'd care about the Dual Club and Dracoshield myself.

Though you did get Yaoi, so there's that.