Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'd care about the Dual Club and Dracoshield myself.

I care more about the fact that I lived.

That was fucking hellish. I'm relieved that I don't care about the cast's survival due to the nature of the challenge. I cannot imagine trying that deathless... At least the rainbow sage map has separate, smaller rooms, so I get to breathe.

Incidentally, I noticed a ninja with Seal Speed. I'm torn between the Life or Death samurai and the Counter diviner for my second pick, but that guy needs to be on my team. Sealing speed is huge.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Though you did get Yaoi, so there's that.

Hah! Well, you said it, not me.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know I did.

I just find it a little funny's all.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, I noticed a ninja with Seal Speed. I'm torn between the Life or Death samurai and the Counter diviner for my second pick, but that guy needs to be on my team. Sealing speed is huge.

The samurai can probably get it with a slight detour to Master of Arms late on, so Counter Diviner has the more unique skill. The Life and Death is great for PP units that's for sure.

Oh God, I think this Layton puzzle is trying to make me decypher a SMS. Damnit, I'm not big on acronyms! The fuck is a GECY? I paid three hint coins and all it told me was "yeah it's an acronym, what you're still stuck? Look at the nearest keyboard"! Useless fucking hints, I want a refund!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You’ve probably decided by now, but I would go life and death samurai because counter on a diviner will very likely be useless, since it only works on attacks at one range while tome users always have 1-2 range (unless there’s some exception I’m forgetting about) but 1-2 range physical weapons are not super common among the enemy, so they’ll likely end up eating physical attacks at 1 range much more often and diviner + physical attacks = dead.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This actually gives me an idea, in case it hasn’t crossed your mind, since Corrin and Niles are both allowed, you could S-rank them so they each get buffs if they ever need it.

Although Corrin is a monk, right? Hmm.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, I think this Layton puzzle is trying to make me decypher a SMS. Damnit, I'm not big on acronyms! The fuck is a GECY? I paid three hint coins and all it told me was "yeah it's an acronym, what you're still stuck? Look at the nearest keyboard"! Useless fucking hints, I want a refund!

But you posted about it, so you’ve solved the puzzle now, right?

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I know I did.

I just find it a little funny's all.

Hey, it was my first thought as well, haha.

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The samurai can probably get it with a slight detour to Master of Arms late on, so Counter Diviner has the more unique skill. The Life and Death is great for PP units that's for sure.

We've got to factor in availability here, though. Samurai can get it later, sure, but capturing this one means getting it right now.

Just now, Sooks said:

You’ve probably decided by now

No, actually, I've called it a night. Chapter 10 is enough.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You’ve probably decided by now, but I would go life and death samurai because counter on a diviner will very likely be useless, since it only works on attacks at one range while tome users always have 1-2 range (unless there’s some exception I’m forgetting about) but 1-2 range physical weapons are not super common among the enemy, so they’ll likely end up eating physical attacks at 1 range much more often and diviner + physical attacks = dead.

This is true. There are also counter archers and miracle diviners that I considered. Hmmm... So many interesting enemies. If only I could keep winged shield, I'd know what my choice would be...

This actually gives me an idea, in case it hasn’t crossed your mind, since Corrin and Niles are both allowed, you could S-rank them so they each get buffs if they ever need it.

True, I can do that, but if they give each other bigger buffs that separates them from the generics.

...Then again, I can't think of any other run where screwing Niles would be a viable option, so...

Although Corrin is a monk, right? Hmm.

Yeop.

But you posted about it, so you’ve solved the puzzle now, right?

Unfortunately, even the sacred ritual has failed me. I cannot for the life of me figure out what "my girlfriend" could possibly have meant by sending me a slab of chocolate with the words GECY NW on it. Like, the puzzle's description and the hints keep suggesting at her being a tech wiz, so I figured it's either an acronym or your typical slip of the finger typo. The latter does suggest "NW" could be "ME", since the M and the E are right next to the N and the W, respectively. But GECY is just beyond me.

I guess this goes to show what a poor boyfriend I'd make if I actually had a girlfriend in real life, doesn't it... I can't even understand a message left on chocolate. Then again, if this was real life I'd probably have eaten it before I bothered to wonder what the deal with the letters was.

Unfortunately, even the sacred ritual has failed me. I cannot for the life of me figure out what "my girlfriend" could possibly have meant by sending me a slab of chocolate with the words GECY NW on it. Like, the puzzle's description and the hints keep suggesting at her being a tech wiz, so I figured it's either an acronym or your typical slip of the finger typo. The latter does suggest "NW" could be "ME", since the M and the E are right next to the N and the W, respectively. But GECY is just beyond me.

NW isn't a compass direction then? Is there anything in the game that could be related to GECY?

Thinking about raising the player characters HP base from 20,000/30,000 to around double that and increasing enemy damage output to match. 

Trails the 3rd, obviously.

This makes it so the player can take more than two hits across the board, and that way the enemy damage cant be put down to pretty much nothing eventually.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

NW isn't a compass direction then?

Nope. The answer requires I input two words, and the max letters I can fit there is five. It's a message to be decrypted, I just can't figure out how.

Is there anything in the game that could be related to GECY?

Nah, the puzzles are self contained, you don't need to be up to speed with the Layton lore to be able to solve them or anything.

All I know is that the chocolates say GECY NW and that my girlfriend is apparently a technophile who usually communicates digitally. That's all I got to work with.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is true. There are also counter archers and miracle diviners that I considered. Hmmm... So many interesting enemies. If only I could keep winged shield, I'd know what my choice would be...

Counter archers sound fun, a miracle diviner just sounds like something that’s only good when the enemy has it.

Enemies lose winged shield when you capture them?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Then again, I can't think of any other run where screwing Niles would be a viable option, so...

Yeah, exactly.

Well, as male Corrin anyway.

All I know is that the chocolates say GECY NW and that my girlfriend is apparently a technophile who usually communicates digitally. That's all I got to work with.

Do you have one of those screenshots of the puzzle itself?

And is fine five letters per word or five letters across the entire answer?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Counter archers sound fun, a miracle diviner just sounds like something that’s only good when the enemy has it.

Duly noted. I do need an archer, since I reclassed Niles to dark mage because I'm funny like that. Ahh, how annoying that I only have two prison cells...

Enemies lose winged shield when you capture them?

Yes, I believe it's one of those really funny skills that Fates just takes away from you, like Inescapable End or whatever.

Do you have one of those screenshots of the puzzle itself?

Xkv14lvy o

That's the face I've been making since I started on this puzzle

And is fine five letters per word or five letters across the entire answer?

Pajxl27j o

Two boxes, one for each word. Five letters max. My guess is the message is as long as the one on the chocolate, I just have to figure out what the pattern is.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Xkv14lvy oPajxl27j o

Two boxes, one for each word. Five letters max. My guess is the message is as long as the one on the chocolate, I just have to figure out what the pattern is.

Only E unbitten? Is that a hint?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xkv14lvy o

That's the face I've been making since I started on this puzzle

Pajxl27j o

Hmm, yeah, that is tricky, I’m really not quite sure what the answer could be—

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Only E unbitten? Is that a hint?

Oh my god Dayni, you’re a genius!

Ruben said before that one of the hints was talking about looking at a keyboard, and he thought that NW meant ME because the keys for those letters are close to each other. M and E are both to the right of N and W, and the bites in each of them are to the right.

G has a bite at the top, and the key above G is T. E is unbitten, so just use E. C and Y are both bitten to the left, and the keys to the left of C and Y are are X and T respectively. And as said above, NW translates to ME.

“Text me” Is that the answer?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm, yeah, that is tricky, I’m really not quite sure what the answer could be—

Ruben said before that one of the hints was talking about looking at a keyboard, and he thought that NW meant ME because the keys for those letters are close to each other. M and E are both to the right of N and W, and the bites in each of them are to the right.

G has a bite at the top, and the key above G is T. E is unbitten, so just use E. C and Y are both bitten to the left, and the keys to the left of C and Y are are X and T respectively. And as said above, NW translates to ME.

Oh my fucking god, it is.

@Dayni you are officially smarter than me.

...Jesus, though, this game. I'll find one puzzle that has me stumped for ages and makes me go play Conquest lunatic for an easier experience, and then I'll just breeze through the next six and feel like a genius. I love it, it's great.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Genius? Not quite. I was uncertain about the typos being the answer, especially considering that the older mobile phones of course had a different keyboard system. I wanted to try and figure out if GCY were the consonants in a word (for some reason I thought without using E at the time) with NW in the other, but that just kept drawing blanks. I decided to look up after that and of course that all clicked, especially with Rubenio having half landed on the answer. I obviously figured E being unbitten mattered before, but I was thinking in the wrong directions.

I'd say the main reason I couldn't get over the technophile was thinking Layton was some Sherlock period piece and forgetting this game came out when texting on smartphones was more relevant than I thought it was. Luddite that I am apparently.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my fucking god, it is.

...Jesus, though, this game. I'll find one puzzle that has me stumped for ages and makes me go play Conquest lunatic for an easier experience, and then I'll just breeze through the next six and feel like a genius. I love it, it's great.

I wish I had made the full connection, but again, I couldn't get over that sentence out of a game I thought was set when the telephone barely existed. And of course if it was texting, considering when it came out I would have been using a phone with dialpads, so it didn't work for me in that way either. This puzzle definitely would have driven me up the wall too. Though maybe it'd have been easier if I was on a puzzle kick too, though maybe the hints would have also added up if I'd seen them, but that's beside the point.

Trust me, no matter how smart people think I am, I can find a way to consider myself kinda stupid.

Disregard all praise, everyone.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey that’s a funny way of spelling Sooks. I actually did the logic! My ego, Ruben, my ego!

What do you mean I just combined someone’s observation with someone else’s logic/idea?That just means I’m… good at patterns or something!

Edited by Sooks

Hey that’s a funny way of spelling Sooks. I actually did the logic! My ego, Ruben, my ego!

What do you mean I just combined someone’s observation with someone else’s logic? That just means I’m… good at patterns or something!

Hey, pattern recognition is a positive contribution!

E9G-vOcWUAEiRDA?format=jpg&name=large

I love her already

Demo first impressions are really positive. Tbf, the only other Tales game I've played was Abyss, so I don't have another point of reference for how the series has changed. But if the full game is as good as the demo was, it'll be a banger.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

E9G-vOcWUAEiRDA?format=jpg&name=large

I love her already

Demo first impressions are really positive. Tbf, the only other Tales game I've played was Abyss, so I don't have another point of reference for how the series has changed. But if the full game is as good as the demo was, it'll be a banger.

I'm not like, a Tales expert but honestly, Arise doesn't feel like a Tales game. But, as someone who only likes one game in the series, i mean this in a good way.

I haven't actually played the demo yet because i don't know if i'd get it at launch or not.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Demo first impressions are really positive

*cries in no pc demo*

Yeah game lookin real good, but without a demo i can play i don't think i will risk a day 1 purchase

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Trust me, no matter how smart people think I am, I can find a way to consider myself kinda stupid.

Disregard all praise, everyone.

You still noticed something that neither of us did.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*cries in no pc demo*

Yeah game lookin real good, but without a demo i can play i don't think i will risk a day 1 purchase

RIP, but understandable.

They did the same thing for Scarlet Nexus. Makes no sense.