Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

cLOKKCg.png

game literally calling me a scrub for choosing BR lol

Good luck, have fun and use Setsuna.

...Hey, unrelated, and it may sound like typical Ruben trying to find an excuse to hate Three Houses, but I've been wondering for a while now. You claim that Conquest has the best gameplay in the series and that you like it so much that it's one of the very few games you replay. So how come Three Houses is your favorite FE? Is the story really that much of an upside that it beats the best gameplay in the series? Not trying to start an argument or anything, I'm just curious. I can't recall if you ever talked about it.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Heirs of Fate is legit good. Even Story and Character wise

No kidding. This map is just straight up better than Takumi's Fun Castle, even though it's a rout. I'll take a fucking rout over that shitshow of a boss fight at the end of that hellish map.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is the story really that much of an upside that it beats the best gameplay in the series?

Yeah, basically. While i do think Conquest gameplay is leagues ahead above 3H, and as you say one of the few games (not just FE) i ever replay (and the only one i ever replayed so many times), The game is an ''incompete'' package so to say due to how bad i think of the Story & Characters. While i usually don't put those over gameplay, and i still rate conquest a 9/10 despite me hating Story & Characters so much, but Story & Characters are still part of the enjoyment, and Fates fails there completely imo.

Even before 3H i put RD above Conquest. While Conquest has undoubtly the better gameplay, RD's (and 3H) gameplay i still like alot (not as much as CQ, but you get the point), and they come with Story & Characters i enjoy aloooooooot.

Gameplay to me is undoubtly much more important than the rest, doesn't mean i want the rest to be a shitshow.

Conquest with a semi decent-ish Story & Cast would be no doubt my fav. FE

Edited by Shrimperor

Nooooooo

You were doing so well... You morons, stop that! Being blind idiots is supposed to be your dads' job!

Anyway, I've been thinking since I started Heirs of Fate, and I've decided that I'm going to save the generics only challenge for another run. I'll restart and play lunatic with a regular cast.

Also, I find it pretty hilarious how you can't find mods for Fates in the usual places. Normally you go to FEUniverse, or this forum's fan creations section. For Fates, you go to... Gamebanana, of all places. Huh. I thought that was mostly a place for PC games... Also, installing mods for this game seems like a handful. I wonder if it'll be worth the trouble...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, basically. While i do think Conquest gameplay is leagues ahead above 3H, and as you say one of the few games (not just FE) i ever replay (and the only one i ever replayed so many times), The game is an ''incompete'' package so to say due to how bad i think of the Story & Characters. While i usually don't put those over gameplay, and i still rate conquest a 9/10 despite me hating Story & Characters so much, but Story & Characters are still part of the enjoyment, and Fates fails there completely imo.

Even before 3H i put RD above Conquest. While Conquest has undoubtly the better gameplay, RD's (and 3H) gameplay i still like alot (not as much as CQ, but you get the point), and they come with Story & Characters i enjoy.

Gameplay to me is undoublty much more important than the rest, doesn't mean i want the rest to be a shitshow.

Conquest with a semi decent-ish Story & Cast would be no doubt my fav. FE

I see. Well, differing view points, I suppose. From my point of view, the story fans are evil the plot in these games only matters on a first run, and not much at that. It's the gameplay that elevates a FE game above the rest, in my humble opinion, and the story, no matter how good, only serves as a neat bonus at best. In these games, mind. There are some games I value for their story. Just... not FE.

Anyway, thanks for the thorough answer. It's a perfectly understandable opinion. I suppose I didn't see it because the idea of 3H's gameplay being enjoyable is kinda incomprehensible to me, haha.

I don’t even remember the prep themes until I start listening to them and I’m like “oh yeah”. I know people like Conquest’s, but it was always meh to me.

...this reminds of FE7...

zzz

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From my point of view, the story fans are evil the plot in these games only matters on a first run, and not much at that.

While true, you are talking someone who doesn't really replay games much, hence i really don't find ''replayability'' that important.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

The first forge I made was an Iron Sword for Edward called Suicune. I am a genius.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm counting it.

You monster.

https://images2.imgbox.com/f9/3f/Ft570gWr_o.gif

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Also, I don't know if I'm willing to spend £100+ on the Rean Schwarzer figure (this is before shipping). It looks so good though...

Dew it.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the plot in these games only matters on a first run, and not much at that.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While true, you are talking someone who doesn't really replay games much,

I share these two thoughts, so it looks like I'm a middle ground.

Edited by Ghost_06_

Oh. Well, that was... so much easier than that one tutorial I found made it out to be. I just dropped the mod folders in Citra's designated mod folder. Hah! For all its weirdness, modding Citra is some of the easiest modding I've seen in a while. Not bad!

I've had this post in the backburner for like an hour now. Completely lost track of time installing mods and shit. Oof.

At any rate, Gay Fates, promoted textures and weapon icons are in the sack. Now the Corrinsexuals have more supports, Soleil can marry women, weapons have cute icons and my units retain their colors when they promote so my heart doesn't break upon promoting Haitaka.

I mean, sure, the extra supports are written by fans, but... Let's be real here, they can't be much worse than IntSys's own supports, right? I just checked one of my existing save files and it seems only men can marry other men now, every other S support is just gone, poof. But I'm assuming that's just a glitch with existing save files (the mod's thread does warn such things might happen) and when I start a new game everyone will be bi. Either that or the mod's name is supposed to be taken literally lol, but somehow I think they'd at least allow women to marry other women if that was the case. So my money's on it being a glitch.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One day I'll misread Fun Castle as Fan Castle, mark my words.

Oh so that's how the air currents in Fuga's castle came to be...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t even remember the prep themes until I start listening to them and I’m like “oh yeah”. I know people like Conquest’s, but it was always meh to me.

I love Fates's soundtrack, but the prep themes in general... Definitely not the best. Definitely not Shadow Dragon's.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

While true, you are talking someone who doesn't really replay games much, hence i really don't count that as a big thing

Fair enough.

Ya know

i wanna see Kaga and the Conquest team working on a game together some day lol

will never happen, but imagine

Oh God, Takumi's Fun Castle with Kaga's meddling.

I kinda want to see it, but I also kinda wanna keep my mental health.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

I share these two thoughts, so it looks like I'm a middle ground.

So you're Revelation.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, Takumi's Fun Castle with Kaga's meddling.

I kinda want to see it, but I also kinda wanna keep my mental health.

“The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavors, to crush him utterly in his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existance. From that no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory"’

- Commissar Rubenio 

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, sure, the extra supports are written by fans, but... Let's be real here, they can't be much worse than IntSys's own supports, right?

well it might be bad, but nothing is worse than their balance! 

One more mod. I have installed Good Guy Garon. Supposedly, this mod tries its best to fix Conquest's story by making the character appears less like morons and turning Garon into a character as grey as his skin, as opposed to the funniest man in the world. I will let you guys know if it succeeds... After I beat Heirs of Fate, of course. I have two more maps of that left. I think I'll leave them for tomorrow.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One more mod. I have installed Good Guy Garon. Supposedly, this mod tries its best to fix Conquest's story by making the character appears less like morons and turning Garon into a character as grey as his skin, as opposed to the funniest man in the world. I will let you guys know if it succeeds... After I beat Heirs of Fate, of course. I have two more maps of that left. I think I'll leave them for tomorrow.

Ryoma's sudoku is still retarded.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Making fun of the devs for their poor balance, really.

Ah. Well, I'd say everyone in Conquest is viable, but I suppose it kinda is dumb that something like Camilla exists. Not that I would know. I've never used Camilla. And now that I have a mod that lets me engage in gay shipping, I have even less use for her. I can bench her safely and marry two dudes instead. Now ain't that a sweet deal.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ryoma's sudoku is still retarded.

Hah! I mean, I'm not expecting the mod to turn Conquest into the greatest story in the history of fiction. Just, y'know... Less funny? Wait why the hell would I want that

Aijthz11 o

I may've gone a bit overboard with the mods. Now this is the ultimate Fates experience.

Oh hey by the way @Sooks I believe you were complaining about shader glitches? I don't know how much this will help, but this mod fixes the weird ghost shaders. Perhaps it'll help with the other glitches you were experiencing. It also increased the game's performance on my end, which is a nice sideeffect. You don't even need to mod the game with files at all, there's a cheat code that serves the same function. Somehow.

I look forward to starting my new run tomorrow.

Oh actually, I just realized, the shaders "fix" doesn't fix the shaders, it just straight up removes them. Pfft. It does some weirdness to Vallite troops too, so I think I'll get rid of it.

...i miss Conquest.

Hey, nobody said it was as amazing as Conquest. I think it's good. Just good. It's the worst Fates campaign, in my humble opinion, but it's good because Fates is good.