• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

They activate on initiation. So if Camilla can attack someone on enemy phase, she'll get the +5 Speed and +20(?) Defence on intiation.

I understand the concept, but it just feels like there are better choices for an enemy that doesn't move, maybe that's just me.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, if you plan wrong and can't finish her off in player phase she can initiate on you. And then she gets the bonus.

Also that's Sol not armored blow

That's a good point, although it seems unlikely. 

Yeah i noticed that was Solar and not Armored Blow. Why tf do they all look the exact same!?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You really really need lightning and/or a very strong Bolt Axe user so you can finish off the Stoneborn.

Why the bolt axe in particular? It seems like a really mediocre option to me. Axe users aren't exactly known for their magic, and the stoneborns cannot be doubled. My only option is Kumagera with 15 magic, but he deals like 11 damage to them. As for lightning, Niles doesn't have enough magic to one-round a stoneborn. I invariably need someone to whack them with the blessed lance or a shining bow, and then either I use a dragon vein or the first attacker dies because there's three stoneborns in range at any given time. And I don't have enough veins in this difficulty.

I have no idea what to do. Did I fuck up with my team comp yet again? I know half my team is captured bosses, but at some point the claim "everyone is viable in Conquest" has to hold up. I really want to believe this doesn't have to be Royal Emblem.

...Bah, to hell with it, I'll do it later. Fuga's Wild Ride was also daunting at first glance and then I figured it out. It's just a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

although it seems unlikely

not really that Unlikely. Especially with the pair up you need to plan really well.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why the bolt axe in particular? It seems like a really mediocre option to me. Axe users aren't exactly known for their magic

yeah if you had a Axe magic user...

Which is usually either Elise or Corncob. As for why Bolt Axe it's iirc the highest Magical MT weapon aside from Dstone+.

Hmm

Do you have a Magic corncob that can use Dstone+? S/he might be able to oneshot stoneborn.

Otherwise maybe Magic Kana Dstone+?

I really want to believe this doesn't have to be Royal Emblem.

i mean didn't you play like 3 runs without Royals? Sure not Lunatic, but doable.

@Eltosian Kadath did do a Royal less pair up less run, maybe he can help?

I'll do it later

yeah take a break and try to think about how you plan the dragon veins. 

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not really that Unlikely. Especially with the pair up you need to plan really well.

Curious, how much damage would Ryoma be dealing to her initiating combat on his own with a pair up bot?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, how much damage would Ryoma be dealing to her initiating combat on his own with a pair up bot?

~26 x 2

But she also one shots him lol (Because Ryoma has Life and Death). Although i doubt she can hit him if Ryoma initiates thanks to Duelist blow

Also her pair up has Life and Death on a Magic unit...which will one shot Ryoma as well

Just now, Shrimperor said:

~26 x 2

But she also one shots him lol (Because Ryoma has Life and Death). Although i doubt she can hit him if Ryoma initiates thanks to Duelist blow

Also her pair up has Life and Death on a Magic unit...which will one shot Ryoma as well

Just initiate combat and have Azura dance him out of range. Simple enough to avoid any problems whatsoever against a unit that can't move.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Just initiate combat and have Azura dance him out of range. Simple enough to avoid any problems whatsoever against a unit that can't move.

I mean, yeah, but you can'T dance everyone on same turn. I don't even has access to Shelter which means no double dance.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I mean, yeah, but you can'T dance everyone on same turn. I don't even has access to Shelter which means no double dance.

Why is anyone not named Ryoma attacking anyways? XD

We all joked about Ridley's unexplained return but little did we know, it would actually be Kraid who would be returning.

Anyways I'm repeating myself but this game looks so fucking good. And I'm loving how fast movement and attacks are.

Can't wait.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

w44Lyra.png

Severa pls

Fair and balanced gameplay.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah if you had a Axe magic user...

Which is usually either Elise or Corncob. As for why Bolt Axe it's iirc the highest Magical MT weapon aside from Dstone+.

I knew it. It's always that fucking dipshit ruining everything. If I had extra deployment slots I'd kill her.

Hmm

Do you have a Magic corncob that can use Dstone+?

Nope.

Otherwise maybe Magic Kana Dstone+?

Nope.

...Haha I'm fucked aren't I--

i mean didn't you play like 3 runs without Royals? Sure not Lunatic, but doable.

Two, and let's not forget one of them was a failure.

yeah take a break and try to think about how you plan the dragon veins. 

I mean, the dragon veins are there to let me kill the stoneborn safely. The problem is that I have no means to one-round them and not nearly enough veins to get to the end safely.

...Ohh, this is gonna be a mess...

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Why is anyone not named Ryoma attacking anyways? XD

Because this is Conquest and anyone who looks at Ryoma funny and has WTA over him kills him

this isn't BR lol

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Because this is Conquest and anyone who looks at Ryoma funny and has WTA over him kills him

this isn't BR lol

Well that's why i said in the case of non moving bosses, you can kinda abuse them as long as Azura hasn't kicked the bucket.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fair and balanced gameplay.

modding moment.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, the dragon veins are there to let me kill the stoneborn safely. The problem is that I have no means to one-round them and not nearly enough veins to get to the end safely.

...Ohh, this is gonna be a mess...

ok, try to think differently.

Instead of using the dragon veins to kill, use them to escape the Stoneborn. Try to run if you can't kill them. Freeze them and stay out of their range. 

Your objective is to escape, not to kill. Might be harder to do due to lower DVs amount on Lunatic, but shouldn't be impossible

Well that's why i said in the case of non moving bosses, you can kinda abuse them as long as Azura hasn't kicked the bucket.

Not when the map pressures you to finish fast. The turn i attack the boss i should finish the map because you will be sorrounded by then.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not when the map pressures you to finish fast. The turn i attack the boss i should finish the map because you will be sorrounded by then.

Ah, i see, your pretty much skipping the map, see i was considering actually going through it.

Ah, i see, your pretty much skipping the map

no i am not.

But the map has alot of reinforcements. Punishes turtling really hard.

No need to LTC, but you shouldn't turtle

Edited by Shrimperor

no i am not.

But the map has alot of reinforcements. Punishes turtling really hard.

No need to LTC, but you shouldn't turtle

Alrighty, that makes sense. I almost always play FE slow, but that's just me. *shrug*

Is something that much different in Chapter 24's difficulty with regards to the reinforcements, playable units/weapons, and Nohrian named enemies? I don't recall having any trouble on my initial Lunatic go at it; Camilla zips around like a champ and is the clear MVP (for reference: I don't typically use kids or do any sort of reclassing, so Camilla is generally my only flier that can proc Dragon Veins. I find she's phenomenal in Chapter 21 too). I imagine it'll be very similar this time, just with Hinoka instead of Camilla (and maybe flying Takumi).

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Is something that much different in Chapter 24's difficulty with regards to the reinforcements, playable units/weapons, and Nohrian named enemies? I don't recall having any trouble on my initial Lunatic go at it; Camilla zips around like a champ and is the clear MVP (for reference: I don't typically use kids or do any sort of reclassing, so Camilla is generally my only flier that can proc Dragon Veins. I find she's phenomenal in Chapter 21 too). I imagine it'll be very similar this time, just with Hinoka instead of Camilla (and maybe flying Takumi).

The Difference: Hinoka so weak she hit the bench xD

I have a few fliers with me, but nothing Camilla level, and Severa with 12 MoV triggers reinforcements that usually happen a bit later into the map quite a while earlier.

If i let any flier trigger Dragon Veins Severa will just snipe them with her 12 MoV

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hinoka is in the same league as Camilla?

In the Conquest patch Shrimp and I are playing, you play with the Birthright characters. Hinoka comes in Chapter 10 as a Level 1 Falcon Knight--and I assume with the same internal level as Camilla does in the base game. I imagine she's not as good as Camilla (which is not slight to her, since Camilla is the clear best unit in Conquest), but fundamentally she should still be very sound.

I have a few fliers with me, but nothing Camilla level, and Severa with 12 MoV triggers reinforcements that usually happen a bit later into the map quite a while earlier.

If i let any flier trigger Dragon Veins Severa will just snipe them with her 12 MoV

Now this? This is cruel. And I love it.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

In the Conquest patch Shrimp and I are playing, you play with the Birthright characters. Hinoka comes in Chapter 10 as a Level 1 Falcon Knight--and I assume with the same internal level as Camilla does in the base game. I imagine she's not as good as Camilla (which is not slight to her, since Camilla is the clear best unit in Conquest), but fundamentally she should still be very sound.

But she comes with her growth rate/base stats as well, right?

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We all joked about Ridley's unexplained return but little did we know, it would actually be Kraid who would be returning.

His last game was Zero Mission if you don't mind counting remakes, so I'm good with this.😄

Not saying I really like Kraid, but as I said before, he has been around as long as Ridley, but never developed the same notoriety. Partly b/c size.

Now what we really need is a fight where Kraid is in front of you, and Ridley is above you. Should be "fun", and maybe taxing on the console's performance.