Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Thing is, these reinforcements are suppossed to come much later, but since i triggered Severa early due to her 12 Mov, all the reinforcements that should come a bit later are coming now along other reinforcements.

It's why i have been retrying so much trying to find the optimal way not to get swarmed. In 'Vanilla' Conquest you got 3 Dragon veins outside Setsuna's range you can use before she triggers reinforcements, here i only have one such DV

Oof...

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I think you might be confusing flair for speed. Which admittedly, the game does lack the flair of some abilities. Screw Attack and Speed Booster do look better in Super and the GBA games (i miss the afterimage visual effect of the Speed Booster)

But with everything that's been shown off, i have a hard time believing that Samus isn't fast. Dash attacks, counters that carry your momentum, sliding into Morph Ball, an actual double jump (better at trajectory than the High-Jump Boots), that new teleport dash and wall-jumping with the Speed Booster, i honestly have a really hard time seeing where you're coming from tbh. All of these are movement options that Samus didn't have before or if she did, they've been upgraded. 

And since Nintendo confirmed a while ago that sequence breaking is available for those who want to do it, i have a feeling Dread will have an extremely active speedrunning scene, even among Metroid games.

Remeber when I said that I am awful at explaining? That hasnt changed. Xd

I dunno, to me the GBA game just runs faster 

Okay, I need to tweak my strategy. It's fucking impossible to kill Hana and her troops in one turn, and if I don't I die horribly.

Jesus, this is so annoying. This is an easy chapter, goddamnit. If I'm suffering this much with this map, I have zero chance of getting past Takumi.

All right. As it turns out, the answer to escape my cycle of shittery was to have Edsel and Asuka swap sides. With a magician on the west side, Hana's goons fell much easier.

Gotta say, I find it hilarious how the generic adventurer has higher magic than aptitude Nina and is thus a better shining archer. Even without the spirit dust I gave him he'd still have better magic. Not to mention his double seal skills, of course. Fates generics are the best.

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Remeber when I said that I am awful at explaining? That hasnt changed. Xd

I dunno, to me the GBA game just runs faster 

I guess we'll just have to wait until we actually have the game in our hands.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nh8obHA.png

Tis done

Now I imagine Ch.25 will be easier because you'll be 1v1'ing Xander and not Ryoma.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now I imagine Ch.25 will be easier because you'll be 1v1'ing Xander and not Ryoma.

while that's true, i also want the chests

No Entrap

No Freezee

No Shurikenbreaker

No Shelter (Although i could get Sophie just for that)

I atleast really need the money

If all else fails i will just cheese, but i really really need the money

Edited by Shrimperor

Okay, I found the problem after looking at Shrimpy’s screenshot. I did not have a dedicated games folder for Citra, so I had no menu. I fixed that and followed Ruben’s instructions, so the shaders should be fixed. This is an outdoor map, and last attempt there were issues, so if I get through it with none then maybe it worked.

But the issues are also pretty fickle, so who knows?

Aaand there we go. Once I made that one change to my initial formation, I beat it second try. It really doesn't pay to be stubborn. Even managed to kill Sakura. Excellent.

So what's next?

Gktwklzr o

...Ahah... Ahhh...

Layton time.

Just now, Sooks said:

Okay, I found the problem after looking at Shrimpy’s screenshot. I did not have a dedicated games folder for Citra, so I had no menu. I fixed that and followed Ruben’s instructions, so the shaders should be fixed. This is an outdoor map, and last attempt there were issues, so if I get through it with none then maybe it worked.

But the issues are also pretty fickle, so who knows?

Yeah, if the issues are related to the shaders, it's possible they'll be fixed, but since I didn't experience them myself, I have no idea. Only way to find out is to try it out for yourself. Do let us know!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I atleast really need the money

If all else fails i will just cheese, but i really really need the money

Are we playing the same game? I don't think on any playthrough that I ever found myself out of cash on CQ. Although, I didn't spend for new weapons very often, what the characters themselves bring and what baddies/chests provide was usually enough for me. I think I bought a Beastkiller once, maybe a Hammer, but that's it.

-Although you are playing with Hoshidan replacement, so maybe that is killing your coffers.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Gktwklzr o

...Ahah... Ahhh...

Rallyman, Rallyman, 

will rallybot, whatever he can!

Just watch him inspire

it'll send your stats higher.

Foes will run in fear

wherever, he cheers!

For he is Rallyman,

with the winning plan!

Rallyman!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao

See that generic? That's another great generic you miss out on because of your hatred for Niles.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rallyman, Rallyman, 

will rallybot, whatever he can!

Just watch him inspire

it'll send your stats higher.

Foes will run in fear

wherever, he cheers!

For he is Rallyman,

with the winning plan!

Rallyman!

Eehhh he's pretty epic, but my favorite's still Haitaka. That man must have a beastly case of Stockholm syndrome, because he's putting in more work than the people who voluntarily joined the army.

Slmbjhsy o

Like, seriously, it's ridiculous. He's my best Haitaka so far. I don't know what I'd do without him.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

don't think on any playthrough that I ever found myself out of cash on CQ

I am usually short on cash in CQ. Although this time extra though because Hoshidan weapons and the fact that Hoshidan paralogues don't give any rewards aside from EXP.

Nohrian paralogues are not only much better gameplay wise, but also give much better loot, which saves money for me ofc.

No such luck this time

Edited by Shrimperor

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaand there we go. Once I made that one change to my initial formation, I beat it second try. It really doesn't pay to be stubborn. Even managed to kill Sakura. Excellent.

So what's next?

Gktwklzr o

...Ahah... Ahhh...

What’s the green rally? I know the others are strength, defense and resistance, but I can’t recall that one.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s the green rally? I know the others are strength, defense and resistance, but I can’t recall that one.

Speed. He gives all the essentials, he's that cool.

But has he been doing it since chapter 10? I think not. Haitaka rallied defense when no one else could. He's the true hero of this story!

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've been mulling it over: Would Rally Move or Rally Spectrum work better for Rallyman if you were to allow yourself access to the DLC?

...You can get rally move in one of the DLCs?

Holy shit, Fates's DLC rewards are utterly insane...!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You can get rally move in one of the DLCs?

Dark Flier gives you access to Rally MoV and super nerfed version of Galeforce

Edited by Shrimperor