Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So is it Xmas +1? Boxing/St. Stephen's day?

Oh happy patron saint of Hungary! (Uh, he is, right? Gotta be to have a crown named after him.)

To figure out the meaning of Ymas, you must first calculate the true meaning of Xmas. 🤓

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am liking how the game shows you what the common people had to deal with after Cloud and friends blew up the reactor.

In the original version of VII, this did come up eventually, I forget when exactly. It was done mostly to make Barret think about the wider effects his revenge-fueled actions against Shinra. Ruining the lives of innocents who just so happen to live under Shinra's overlordship, is not good even if Evil Capitalism ruined things first.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But if people really enjoy the original story... They can play the original? It is a concious choice after all.

BUT THE ORIGINAL. IS. HIDEOUS!

With a rubbish translation, and gameplay that IMO could use refinement.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

For being marketed as a remake, it's more of a reimagining or reboot. Sometimes you do just want a modern touch. Expanded content maybe to merit it, but not like, outright changing the plot.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Its beautiful what do you mean? They have SQUARE body parts! Lmao

And the translation is amazing as ****. Haha.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Its beautiful what do you mean? They have SQUARE body parts! Lmao

And the translation is amazing as ****. Haha.

Don't listen to him. This guy are sick.

When someone asks you why you think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the greatest game ever made

zR53yzc.jpg

ApKoVXh.jpg

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well there was no way to please everyone, not accepting that fact would have been silly. But if people really enjoy the original story... They can play the original? It is a concious choice after all.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In response to these, video game technology advances very quickly, so video games can benefit more from faithful remakes than movies and other forms of media. For example, the Rebuild of Evangelion movies started as a 1:1 remake of Neon Genesis Evangelion with better animation, but diverged significantly by the end of the second. The later movies doing their own thing is more justifiable since the series is still perfectly watchable nowadays. King Kong has been remade twice to take advantage of advances in filmmaking. The 2005 remake is modern enough that it really doesn't need to be remade again, so the following Kong film did something completely new with the concept. With something you 'watch' instead of 'play', in some cases you'd think "Why would I watch this version when the original is perfectly good already?" AKA Disney live action remake syndrome.

Final Fantasy VII, while still playable and enjoyable today, is archaic by modern standards, so it would benefit from a remake that stayed true to the original. It might have been better if FFVIIR was promoted as a reboot sequel sea-boot prequel reimagining that messed with the timeline, but I'm sure the future games will be nothing like FFVII's plot anyway. Aerith probably won't die and maybe Cloud and Sephiroth will become friends by the end.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

VII has an over hyped story anyways. Lmao

BXM9gbm.png

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am liking how the game shows you what the common people had to deal with after Cloud and friends blew up the reactor.

Let's not forget that the remake transferred the fault to Shinra and removed the blood on the hands of the protagonists.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm sure the future games will be nothing like FFVII's plot anyway. Aerith probably won't die and maybe Cloud and Sephiroth will become friends by the end.

Fm5b8sg.png

I’ve just resorted to straight up using a guide for side content in the real life segments in Omori because looking around for stuff is that boring.

…ah, Christ, I came across a spoiler. Oh well, it’s nothing major and could mean a ton of different things.

Saving in FF7R be like

Save_Pok%C3%A9mon_Platinum.png

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But if people really enjoy the original story... They can play the original? It is a concious choice after all.

The problem with that is that the original hasn't aged very well. So it's not really fair to say "oh just play the original" when the original has a ton of it's own issues due to the time it came out.

Anyways I'll say something nice about the story of 7R now. I am liking the expanded characterization of the main cast.

Also side note but I recently found out you can plug your headphones into the PS4 controller. Wish I knew that when I was playing through Spider-Man PS4 and 13 Sentinels.

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You mean the battle with Sephiroth? 

Yeah the final battle of 7R feels like it's the final battle of the story as whole.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

When someone asks you why you think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the greatest game ever made

zR53yzc.jpg

ApKoVXh.jpg

So true!

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Aerith probably won't die

Instead it's gonna be the original plot point of Tifa dying.

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Let's not forget that the remake transferred the fault to Shinra and removed the blood on the hands of the protagonists.

Tbf that is a thing Shinra would do. They are willing to go far enough to literally crush a city in order to stamp out Avalanche.....except the remake let's everyone evacuate in time and Avalanche lives (except Jessie for some reason).

It's still a big change to do. Specially when you consider that it aligns with Barret basically acting like Old AVALANCE, as shown with Before Crisis. Throughout VII he's meant to change out of that attitude.

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should be timestamped to that line.😛

Stumbled on this in the past hour, because I wanted to see exactly how bad the translation is. It's not a museum of terrible lines going through every strand of text, but I am finding it fascinatingly educational in a mostly useless information way. I have to get back to watching more of this.

https://i.redd.it/xvf1c3qbx5m71.jpg

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Instead it's gonna be the original plot point of Tifa dying.

No!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf that is a thing Shinra would do. They are willing to go far enough to literally crush a city in order to stamp out Avalanche.....

The problem with this is that they removed a lot of the nuance of the original. They are terrorists.

In a post 9/11 world, that's a bad rep word to assign to the protagonists. I could understand if that had to go...

Then again, SE is releasing that Project something that is meant to be a more faithful adaptation of the entire compilation, including Before Crisis, so perhaps not all is lost.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

No!

I want that to happen because i think it'd be pretty funny tbh.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The problem with this is that they removed a lot of the nuance of the original. They are terrorists.

True.

Like i said, i'm honestly not really here for the plot. I'll be pleased with what i like but this honestly gonna be like the only FF game i'm gonna play.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, SE is releasing that Project something that is meant to be a more faithful adaptation of the entire compilation, including Before Crisis, so perhaps not all is lost.

Yeah, the mobile game remake.

.....which has gacha.

Okay, time to travel through Georgetown. Like most other city ruins area, it's just to pass through. This one at least has a couple more buildings to go into than other places, even if they too are nothing more than just explore and loot. It also has going for it that it's a hub, connecting quite the number of places, including the wasteland itself. So I'll spent quite a few time here before heading to Pennsylvania Avenue.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I want that to happen because i think it'd be pretty funny tbh.

Really? I thought it was always Aerith the one meant to die, even when she, Cloud, and Barret were the only party members planned at first.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, the mobile game remake.

.....which has gacha.

Depends on what type of gacha they're aiming for.

Alright, this section is completed. Now it’s back to the White Space I go.

Man, this game’s plot and characters are so, so good.

Spoiler

It looks like the room every party member but Omori is usually in is empty, as well as the playground. Interesting. That’ll be something to look at next time, because I’m tired and I still have homework to do.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The problem with that is that the original hasn't aged very well. So it's not really fair to say "oh just play the original" when the original has a ton of it's own issues due to the time it came out

Can someone really argue "its the greatest game ever made!" And "it hasnt aged very well!" 

At the same time? That sounds silly.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Its that era. Have you seen FFT's translation? 

That game has a thousand + errors from translation.