Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well it's less that i was questioning morality and more that i was thinking a lot of Tales protags can be criticized the same way FE protags are criticized. Tales and Fire Emblem both have too many of those "goody two-shoes" protags that just kinda blur together so whenever one shows up who isn't, they stand out more by that simple fact along.

This I get. Although maybe sorta kinda things are getting better? I thought things were for FE, but now I question it. And if 3H's leads are new to FE, it's not to Dynasty Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xeno protags generally have good morality but I wouldn't say at all that they blend together. Although we are comparing a series with only seven (eight if you count Torna) installments (three of which have the same protags) vs two franchises who both are well into the double-digits in installments with several protagonists at this point. 

Size matters, I getcha. But is sameness with personality, better than identical silence?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Too bad his game sucks.

As does the rest of the series pre-Berseria lol lmao gottem.

QPzjKJ8.png

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although maybe sorta kinda things are getting better?

Hard to say. Like FE does at least throw a different kind of protag to break up the "goody two shoes" every few games. 

Nice.

@Eltosian Kadath, I've just finished the Crown of the Sunken king. Low-key... Kinda a miserable experience overall, but Sinh was a really good boss to cap it off. Got 'im on my second go, even! The DLC had a few decent moments, but the hidden bonfires are major bruh moments, and the run from the first to second area was painful.

Sinh's theme is also hands-down my favorite in the game so far, so I hope that the other DLC areas feature some nice tunes.

Furthermore, I finally realized how to Powerstance, and good lord, I love it. I'm currently using Magic Zwei+ Drakewing Greatsword (Fire), and it's really nice to just lop away at everything. Hopefully Elden Ring has it as well!

I plan to do the Ivory King DLC next.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Nice.

@Eltosian Kadath, I've just finished the Crown of the Sunken king. Low-key... Kinda a miserable experience overall,

How well did you handle the co-op area and the gank squad boss at the end of it (where there are three human enemies, one in Havel set, one in Alva, and the archer)?

Sinh was a really good boss to cap it off.

I found his weapon breaking mechanics obnoxious to deal with, but otherwise a fun fight. The DLC tends to get praised for its bosses...

Furthermore, I finally realized how to Powerstance, and good lord, I love it. I'm currently using Magic Zwei+ Drakewing Greatsword (Fire), and it's really nice to just lop away at everything. Hopefully Elden Ring has it as well!

Nice, I never did much with dual wielding (usually either two handing, or doing a bit of magic in one, and weapon in the other), but it is an interesting addition. As far as I know its a DS2 only mechanic (although I have heard that DS3's paired weapons can do some similar things)

Man, I wish Divine Decree was in a good FE game.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

@Saint Rubenio I went down all three paths and then I had to fight the “witches”, then I had to leave the whale, but you told me to play that entire section at once so I went back to where the picnic basket was to save but actually the game made me go through this super long Humphrey boss fight instead of letting me save and after that I got to leave, so with no save point in sight I got the last two hangman kegs and completed the puzzle, so the game showed a cutscene of Basil’s house, then let me leave down a hole. I got to swim while a disembodied voice gave plot ramblings and then the game let me leave and go save in the playground.

I didn’t listen to the plot ramblings as much as I really should have, because I just really, really wanted to save. They all went in one ear and went out the other. There was definitely something important in there, wasn’t there? Something about how Omori’s friends always die and come back to life because it’s all a dream, but Mari and Basil will always realize the truth and something something will Omori repeat the cycle or break it? The end. Do I need to know anything else?

Anyway, I got it done. So yeah.

Haha... Well, that's okay. The lack of save had me sweating bullets too. Sure, losing a battle allows you to restart there, you don't have to go to the latest save, but it's still never pleasant to know you haven't saved for a while. And yeah, I feel you got the gist of it.

Spoiler

Well, from here on it's the final stretch. Once you go to Basil's house, there'll be no turning back.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’ve been fighting overworld encounters on my way to places.

I don’t like doing it, but I've been doing it. Not a lot though.

Ah, all right.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, from here on it's the final stretch. Once you go to Basil's house, there'll be no turning back.

Spoiler

The end, huh? Well instead of going on the wiki, I’ve got to ask…

How do I complete the weeping willow side quest? The one who you have to read jokes to in the lake in Pyrefly Forest. I haven’t found any she likes.

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

The end, huh? Well instead of going on the wiki, I’ve got to ask…

How do I complete the weeping willow side quest? The one who you have to read jokes to in the lake in Pyrefly Forest. I haven’t found any she likes.

Holy shit, I didn't even find that one in my run. There's so much hidden stuff in this game, I swear. Okay, give me a moment...

Spoiler

Apparently only Hero can tell jokes, but I assume you've already figured that out.

Seems like the only joke that will make her laugh is the construction joke, found in the Underwater Highway. So yeah. If you haven't found that one, go find it now. Then as a reward she gives you a weapon for Hero that is completely useless because Humphrey was the final conventional enemy in the game. But hey, Sooks% and stuff.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not brainless, just plain shounen I take it. Not that I've ever actually read/watched shounen stuff.

I was just laughing at the fact that most of the other characters go out of their ways to tell Lloyd how dumb he is, it's actually pretty funny after a while.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Pn5aoUn.jpg

NICE! Have a great time with that one!

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, I didn't even find that one in my run.

What did you think the jokebook was for?

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Apparently only Hero can tell jokes, but I assume you've already figured that out.

Seems like the only joke that will make her laugh is the construction joke, found in the Underwater Highway. So yeah. If you haven't found that one, go find it now. Then as a reward she gives you a weapon for Hero that is completely useless because Humphrey was the final conventional enemy in the game. But hey, Sooks% and stuff.

Spoiler

Well, if it’s in the underwater highway you were probably supposed to get it before Humphrey. Do you know where in the highway it is specifically?

Huh, so there’s no more actual normals battles? Interesting.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What did you think the jokebook was for?

I completely forgot it existed.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Well, if it’s in the underwater highway you were probably supposed to get it before Humphrey. Do you know where in the highway it is specifically?

Huh, so there’s no more actual normals battles? Interesting.

Spoiler

Sorry, I don't know exactly where. Apparently it's close to Pluto's fast travel station thingy, but I know nothing more specific.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Welp, it's another one of those days. *sigh*
I fucking hate my life...

Everyone has days like that sometimes. Hang in there, man. Play something fun to keep your mind occupied.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Welp, it's another one of those days. *sigh*
I fucking hate my life...

Hey, hang in there. It’s tough sometimes, but it’ll get better, like always.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, I don't know exactly where. Apparently it's close to Pluto's fast travel station thingy, but I know nothing more specific.

I’ll look there (when I get back home half a day later) and see what I can find, thanks.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What's up man?

Feeling inadequate in all respects, mostly.
But especially in being a good friend. I'm a complete failure at being supportive when someone close to me has trouble. I just feel like I never find the right words to say to help, and it makes me feel so useless... and it makes me wonder why anyone would even bother keeping me around, when I can't even do simple things like that.
And I despise it. I despise feeling useless. I despise myself for basically abandoning someone close to me in need, just because I don't know what to say or do. And when I do say or do something, I always fear I'm just making it worse instead of better.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone has days like that sometimes. Hang in there, man. Play something fun to keep your mind occupied.

Thanks, I will try.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, hang in there. It’s tough sometimes, but it’ll get better, like always.

Thanks, I hope so.

Spoiler

NNGRJMQ.jpg

Kaga confirmed

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Enjoy!~

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

NICE! Have a great time with that one!

tyty!

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But especially in being a good friend. I'm a complete failure at being supportive when someone close to me has trouble. I just feel like I never find the right words to say to help, and it makes me feel so useless... and it makes me wonder why anyone would even bother keeping me around, when I can't even do simple things like that.

Don't beat yourself over it. Everyone has times like these.

What's more important imo is trying to make up for those mistakes!

IMG_20210910_085748.jpg?width=216&height

Well there it is. I get paid today anyways and the Financial Aid refund of this term gets sent out starting next Wednesday and i got like $600+ there so yeah, this is good. Got it for $10 cheaper anyway because Walmart is based like that.

Now comes this part

Screenshot_5949.png

See, playing three JRPGs at once is gonna be kinda cringe on my free time so imma put Mr. Cloud Strife on hold for now. But i will say that i'm actually liking 7R more than what i've played of the OG. Both gameplay-wise and character-wise. Story-wise, it flip-flops between decent and Nomura lol.

I won't play it yet tho, i'll let it take it's sweet hour to install on the PS4 but i gotta leave to go to work soon.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I despise it. I despise feeling useless. I despise myself for basically abandoning someone close to me in need, just because I don't know what to say or do. And when I do say or do something, I always fear I'm just making it worse instead of better.

I 1000% relate to this. You're not alone my friend, I too sometimes struggle with what to say to my friends when it comes to serious stuff like this.

Edited by Armagon