Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Eh, my ideal FE game would be a return to RD's multiple army format

Don't do the exact same thing, of course, but I loved seeing a war from multiple perspectives

It felt epic and grand

Not to mention the gameplay is peak

I like a mix of the old and new, honestly

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They said Lot was not likely to amount to anything.

Then he saved my LP.

Never say never, my friend.

I must git gud for my beloved Yakuza 0! I must get you to the next plot twist, or I will have failed as a Yakuza fan!

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure but future installments get worse and worse. And the gameplay? KH 1 and 2 were peak gameplay. Thats been on a massive decline.

I was talking more about the story.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"X is good but it's worse than other games in the series"

Then why don't they literally just say that? Saying "x good but not a good y thing" is so roundabout then.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, if you've forgotten to water those tulips the entire game,

Not the entire game. At least once, but I’ve definitely watered them at least twice, I really don’t know.

Also, I went back to the flowers in the Humphrey save file and a lot of them were already dead. Like, plot-dead and can’t be watered, including most of the tulips. I didn’t know it started happening then, but I actually can’t water them in any of my save files, so yeah.

There’s only one way to find out if I got it. Looks like I’m finishing the game tomorrow, hopefully, probably.

But, at this point it's probably too late to stop you from wasting an hour of your time.

Humphrey doesn’t take that long…

okay, maybe you have a point.

Just... Please don't reset the entire game just for that. Pretty please? Do you give me that much? I have to go sleep now, so please don't make me wake up to "okay Ruben I am starting over because Sooks%"

Er… tell me this is a joke and not actually what you think of me. Yikes… the Sooks% is not worth 30 hours of boredom and wasted time. It’s not even a collectible or an achievement, it’s a bonus scene.

I haven’t even been going for the Sooks% in this game… (I’ve already locked myself out of a bit of side content). My feelings, Ruben, my feelings!

Hah! Yeah, that's a great point, actually. What was I thinking. I almost implied Awakening is better than like, Banner Saga. Pffft!

I don’t know if you’re referring to your response to me trying to explain why “it’s a good game because it’s in x series but it’s not a good game within the series” is actually okay, but that’s not actually what I meant. I mean, just because you like a series and think that its core makes all of the games in it good to some degree does not mean you’re saying you like every game in that series more than any other game from any other series.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nah, I'd like to keep my emotions.

Too much depression just makes me not want to see it.

I forgot to respond to this, so it’s fun double posting time.

That’s fair, actually. I respect that. But I can already see your eternal rival positing the clip from The Room, where the funny guy goes cheep cheep.

This is by far the rawest design in all of Metroid. We don't even have a name for this guy yet, he's just unofficially been referred to as the Chozo General. But it doesn't matter. He's raw as fuck.

I wish they hadn't shown it though. I check game news every day, so I was bound to see it plastered somewhere. But, barring reports of it being too hard, I intend to get Dread, and I would've preferred being kept in the dark to be surprised by seeing it for the first time ingame.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

And as stated in Prime Chozo Lore:

"...And so we leave it now (Tallon IV), pristine, a testament to the mortal forms we no longer need. We have drawn the veils of time and space aside, and are withdrawing beyond the illusion. But we will never forget this, the most sacred of our homes. And we will remain ever watchful."

-Although, who is say all Chozo embarked on the Path of Sephirot? Some staying behind is feasible.

Rococo is a style of art that was popularized post-Renaissance iirc.

Correct. French in origin, from whence it spread to the rest of Europe. Considered a decadent outgrowth of Baroque, which was the first major art movement to follow the Renaissance and the Reformation. (The Reformation caused the art world to hit a snag. As austere Protestantism shrank the religious art market, and Catholicism turned down the exuberance for a while in response to Protestant accusations of corruption. The genital-uncovered nudity of Renaissance art even in churches was possible b/c nobody seriously challenged Catholicism.)

For a famed Rococo painting:

1024px-Joean_Honor%C3%A9_Fragonard_-_The

"The Swing"

Please stare at the face of the young man in the lower left corner. And then draw a line to what his eyes are looking at.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But I can already see your eternal rival positing the clip from The Room, where the funny guy goes cheep cheep.

Ruben explaining why someone should play the depression game

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please stare at the face of the young man in the lower left corner. And then draw a line to what his eyes are looking at.

Yep, my art history professor brought attention to that lmao.

He loved pointing out the funny things in famous paintings.

The Happy Accidents of the Swing indeed.

Fun fact, from the era and country that painting is from, the woman is actually going commando. Other than those stockings, there's... nothing else under those layers of petticoat and the chemise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The canopy is decidedly pretty, I must agree with this lad. The warm sunlight filtering through the emerald blanket is a delightful sight indeed.

So the fight against Ballsack in Arise is like, a weird difficulty spike. You basically cannot take any hits, he hits like a behemoth even on the easiest difficulty setting.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

sure, but the gameplay isnt any less guilty for being on a decline. 

Well I have no horse in that race.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well I have no horse in that race.

I can say that I have enough experience to fairly judge poor gameplay decisions killing a games gameplay potential can be a real downer. Its just... Sad to see what its been reduced to, lmao

Watched the last of the lengthy translation vids on FFVII I saw. Turns out one term that has bothered me because of how jarring it sounds yet important it is, was "bunshin" in Japanese all along. Which directly is "split body", but can mean "clone", or "lackey" in general. Multiple meanings ranging from sci-fi genetics & old-fashioned ninjutsu, to incompetent employees you send to catch that electric rodent time and again. This explains what I see as a poor contextual choice, and also the challenge of picking something better. Honestly, it looks like they should've ditched the Japanese phrase altogether and come up with something looks at the context and tries to come up with a clearer term for the complicated subject matter. But I can't conceive of what it'd be The Stigmatized"?.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

His name will be ballsack. That is what I will call him.

Ah yes, "Bal", which can be alternatively spelled: Baal, Bael, Bel, Beel, El, Il, Ila, Ilah. Or rather, these are all derivatives of the same root phrase in the long lost primal Semitic language, from which all ancient and modern Semitic languages derive. The definitions of Baal et al. are: "owner", "master", "lord", or "god". It could refer to humans in the past, but that isn't relevant in modern video games at all.

To variants of this word can be attached a variety of additions, Beelzebub, Balberith, Belial to name several demons. Elohim and Allah, is/are one/two not very demonic being(s), with this ancient phrase in their name(s). In addition, it shows up in a few Semitic names that have become normalized in English, such as Gabriel and Michael, and Elizabeth. Michael literally translating as "Who is like lord/God?". 

Not all uses of "Bal" in English are necessarily derived from the Semitic. Baldr and Balor, a Norse god and a Celtic demon, have names which are purely coincidental.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well done!

I must say, Frozen Eleum Loyce has been great so far! Got the complex level design that DS1 had, and it isn't too enemy-spammy yet!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I must say, Frozen Eleum Loyce has been great so far! Got the complex level design that DS1 had, and it isn't too enemy-spammy yet!

Did you try to fight the invisible boss, or did you have the common sense to explore first (and hopefully find the item that lets you see the invisible...)?

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Did you try to fight the invisible boss, or did you have the common sense to explore first (and hopefully find the item that lets you see the invisible...)?

I might try to fight it just for funsies, but I think I'm just gonna take the normie route.