Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also the battle theme is literally The Valedictory Elegy 2. Yes i know, Motoi Sakuraba and all but like

It's literally the sequel lmao.

As the the biggest fan of The Valedictory Elegy here, who has it imprinted in their soul. Maybe I'm tone deaf, that's entirely possible, but I'm not hearing it. Individual notes maybe, but the not the entire work. The three seconds of 0:39--41 resonate as being the VE. I'm trying to think of the rest of the BK soundtracks to see if anything else is at all similar, but nothing springs to mind.

The violin heaviness... maybe more reminiscent of Eternal Sonata to me?

-But none of these have the Spanish spiciness of the Arise track. Nor does the Valedictory Elegy has which more of a... "electronic" vibe with a denser, heavier violin. Both of the BK games' osts aren't as lightweight and free-flowing as the Iberian beats heard here with Arise. 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is hardly a requirement, otherwise even the Raimi trilogy would be bad.

Perspective of an uneducated filthy casual, who saw the first Spiderman movie a long long long long time ago and has learned very very very little about the hero since, the requirements of the franchise are: human with spider powers, youthful hero who isn't perfect with room to develop, New York b/c great for slinging around. That's it. That is almost certainly too reductionist, but it's at the opposite end of the spectrum from a fan who insists on a whole host details as found in a particular movie or set of movies are the rather stringent requirements.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

eh?

They do tho?

When I accepted the first quest for the cooking pot, the marker lead me to the guy who gave the quest.

Maybe I just didn't set it as the primary objective but I didn't see any options to do so.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Didnt you read the absurdly confusing tutorial? You gotta hit an enemies weakness and continue a combo to get BG in Berseria. Getting Kills also grants you BG.

No I know how it works, it just never felt reliable and made fights last longer than they should.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Individual notes maybe, but the not the entire work.

It's different enough, sure, but I feel like I could see the resemblance at the start of the track.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perspective of an uneducated filthy casual, who saw the first Spiderman movie a long long long long time ago and has learned very very very little about the hero since, the requirements of the franchise are: human with spider powers, youthful hero who isn't perfect with room to develop, New York b/c great for slinging around. That's it. That is almost certainly too reductionist,

Honestly, on a foundational note, this is it. The whole idea about Spider-Man is that anybody could've been Spider-Man and that's why there's so many Spdier-Men and Women. Someone else picking up the superhero mantle isn't new but it's happened the most with Spider-Man out of anybody else.

If you want to get into  character specifics, then you start looking at who's behind the mask. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Completely unrelated fun fact: Walter’s son is named Walter Jr. so there actually is a Danger Jr.

Oh yeah, I'm aware. Isn't there some meme with him and breakfast for some reason...?

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey Ruben, guess what.

You made me Obi-Wan.

Dang it. I was hoping you wouldn't realize.

Also I loaded the beginning of the video you posted and I didn’t realize Obi-Wan just casually strolls towards Anakin while watching Padme die, Jesus Christ.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Absolute concern for a person you care about included, apparently.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

@Saint Rubenio tell me the game isn’t making me cut open a cat right now. I could barely even stab Sunny, absolutely not, I refuse to do this, there must be another way.

Edit: HAH, YES! The game let me open up the menu in that room, when I could stab Sunny, and it took him back to the black space when I did that, and the door is gone so I presumably still have the key! HAH! I win! I am so smart and good. The cat is not cut open now.

Edit 2: Basil NOOOOOOO—

Spoiler

Kudos, Sooks. I did not realize you could escape by stabbing Omori until it was too late.

It physically hurt to do it. I was so distraught that when I found the option to stab, it didn't even hit me I could've escaped at any moment. My brain didn't register it, I just wanted out at that point.

And yes, BASIL NOOOOO is like, the theme song of Blackspace.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is hardly a requirement, otherwise even the Raimi trilogy would be bad.

No, it's not a requirement, but it's what I prefer. The reason I think Insomniac's take on the character is so good is because they portrayed him in a way that was faithful to the comics' version of Peter Parker while telling their own story.

In the first place, the comics are not infallible. So wanting everything to be faithful to the comics when the comics can have their own issues would just cause even more issues. You're allowed to change stuff from the comics for whatever adaptation you're working on. Thor is more accurate to the comics in his first two movies. But those two movies are kinda boring so when he became more comedic in Ragnarok, it was for the better. Iron Man went from a character people didn't really care about to one of the most popular superheroes because of his portrayal by RDJ.

I mean, sure, but I think diverging from the source material so much that your version of the character doesn't really retain much of what made the original so charming or appealing isn't a good idea.

That's just my take on it.

Tom is a good actor, and he's one of the most entertaining characters to watch in his movies, but I don't think he captures the spirit of the IP well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been thinking how I could spice up my next run of Berwick Saga, and I thought a fun challenge might be that I can only deploy each unit once per chapter. Either that or I can't deploy any units in two maps in a row. I'm not sure if there's enough units to feasibly pull the former off for a good chunk of the game. Just, a little something that makes me use as many units as possible, see how that goes. I usually do use more units than I absolutely have to, since it's very possible in this game, but it would be fun to see if I can use the entire cast at once.

Seems like an interesting challenge! Gotta get those maximum happiness points.

Alternatively, I just started a run of Berwick Redux, a silly and dumb rebalance patch I've seen floating around. It's pretty neat so far, though I know that the big changes come later. I can send the patch and changelog if you'd like. I'm doing this as a more casual playthrough though, considering my last two runs were Ranked and Minimum Recruitment.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, it's not a requirement, but it's what I prefer.

Fair enough. For me, what matters if it's good or not. Like I agree Insomniac's Spider-Man is good but it's not because I think it's being faithful or anything.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

mean, sure, but I think diverging from the source material so much that your version of the character doesn't really retain much of what made the original so charming or appealing isn't a good idea.

I also agree here (again, see Snyder's version of Superman and Batman). Not every change is good but not every change is bad either. Change in of itself is fine, what matters is what you do.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I'm aware. Isn't there some meme with him and breakfast for some reason...?

Is there?

Apparently the internet noticed that he eats breakfast in a lot of his scenes and found that absolutely hilarious. The more you know.

Hide contents

Kudos, Sooks. I did not realize you could escape by stabbing Omori until it was too late.

It physically hurt to do it. I was so distraught that when I found the option to stab, it didn't even hit me I could've escaped at any moment. My brain didn't register it, I just wanted out at that point.

Spoiler

So… what happened when you did it?

Spoiler

And yes, BASIL NOOOOO is like, the theme song of Blackspace.

Spoiler

I was initially going to edit my post to say which event I was talking about specifically, but then it happened again, and again, and again, and again.

Have I made any choices that affect the ending yet? I’m nervous for the ending. The last thing I did in the plot was put all the photos back in the album in Aubrey’s house and Hero was like “we should visit Basil!”. I’m doing side content in the town right now though.

14 minutes ago, Spara said:

Seems like an interesting challenge! Gotta get those maximum happiness points.

I don't know how many units I'll even be able to promote like this lol. Adel's required favoritism isn't going to happen if I can only deploy him in one map per chapter, for one.

Alternatively, I just started a run of Berwick Redux, a silly and dumb rebalance patch I've seen floating around. It's pretty neat so far, though I know that the big changes come later. I can send the patch and changelog if you'd like. I'm doing this as a more casual playthrough though, considering my last two runs were Ranked and Minimum Recruitment.

Ahh yes, I heard of that one. It sounds... Ehhh? It's like the myriads of FE6 rebalance patches, except it's on a game that I like just fine the way it is, so... Meh. Didn't really pique my interest that much.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is there?

Apparently the internet noticed that he eats breakfast in a lot of his scenes and found that absolutely hilarious. The more you know.

I mean, when do internet memes ever make sense?

Hide contents

So… what happened when you did it?

Hide contents

I was initially going to edit my post to say which event I was talking about specifically, but then it happened again, and again, and again, and again.

Have I made any choices that affect the ending yet? I’m nervous for the ending. The last thing I did in the plot was put all the photos back in the album in Aubrey’s house and Hero was like “we should visit Basil!”. I’m doing side content in the town right now though.

Spoiler

The game forces you to interact with Mewo a whole bunch of times as it tells you that she looks confused, scared and begins to try to escape. Then you cut it open, and... Nothing happens.

That's when it's supposed to dawn on you that you could've escaped at any time. But I was so hurt I couldn't even lol.

Spoiler

You can get your first bad ending in Basil's house.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh yes, I heard of that one. It sounds... Ehhh? It's like the myriads of FE6 rebalance patches, except it's on a game that I like just fine the way it is, so... Meh. Didn't really pique my interest that much.

It's got some funny memes and changes, which is the biggest reason I'm playing it, lol. I want to have Derrick assassinate all of the Razite Cardinals, and this is the only way to do it. But yeah, that's fair.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

It's got some funny memes and changes, which is the biggest reason I'm playing it, lol. I want to have Derrick assassinate all of the Razite Cardinals, and this is the only way to do it. But yeah, that's fair.

Hey now, it's possible to kill cardinals with Derrick in vanilla, must I post the video again?

It does sound like the kind of thing that would be fun to spice up a playthrough. But I've got a different way for this run.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey now, it's possible to kill cardinals with Derrick in vanilla, must I post the video again?

Does that video including him getting past the first half of 12-main though?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...okay, fine, I'll bite. What does Redux do with Derrick?

I'll just copy/paste his patch note:

Derrick:
        Is now Jesus. Terrain penalties are for mortals. (All traversible terrain now costs 1 movement)

Serenes isn’t letting me quote.

@Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

Huh… you can a bad ending at Basil’s house?  Interesting. I was more concerned if there were any choices in Black Space because… well, I don’t need to tell you how Black Space is. Anyway thanks.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

I'll just copy/paste his patch note:

Derrick:
        Is now Jesus. Terrain penalties are for mortals. (All traversible terrain now costs 1 movement)

Ahahahahaha

Actually, that's really all he needs, isn't it? He's a legit asset with his huge defense, only problem is the fact that there's maps where he straight up cannot move lol.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Serenes isn’t letting me quote.

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Huh… you can a bad ending at Basil’s house?  Interesting. I was more concerned if there were any choices in Black Space because… well, I don’t need to tell you how Black Space is. Anyway thanks.

Spoiler

Good luck.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Sooks said:

I’m fighting the Recyclepath right now.

I can’t win.

I didn't find that either.

Spoiler

The most interesting thing about that is the real world tagging pictured. Beyond that, just a regular fight, nothing too remarkable.

No I know how it works, it just never felt reliable and made fights last longer than they should.

Tbh, if you were playing as Velvet, this should be a non issue. She gets BG like it's candy.

Well the title screen is certainly different…

And it looks like it’s physically impossible to beat the recyclepath with no healing items without getting extremely lucky with Aubrey’s home run or the enemy AI. Why they though it was a good idea not to let you leave the dungeon once you enter is beyond me…

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well the title screen is certainly different…

Best title screen, right?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And it looks like it’s physically impossible to beat the recyclepath with no healing items without getting extremely lucky with Aubrey’s home run or the enemy AI. Why they though it was a good idea not to let you leave the dungeon once you enter is beyond me…

I dunno, it's just an irrelevant easter egg super boss. Nothing more to it. Most people don't even see it on a first run.

...you're not softlocked, right?