• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Missed this, but how so you define "best"?

Fun.

pre-Berseria Tales is not fun to play imo.

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

While Spider-verse May knew, we never saw her discovering his secret identidy, her reservations about the matter, how she reacted when she found out (if she accepted at first, if she resisted and had to be convinced, etc.). Also, Spider-Verse is not about that Peter.

PS4 May only found out a little before she died.

I did say it was two recent examples (also PS4 May implies she knew for longer). I'm sure there's other examples in the series' history.

My point is, I don't think Aunt May would ever actually be opposed to Peter being Spider-Man. Concerned? Sure. But opposed just doesn't make any sense.

Consequences must have a lasting impact for them to be felt.

Oh I agree. But last for how long? How long the consequences need to last for them to achieve a lasting impact is a case-by-case basis. 

Acting, cinematography, soundtrack, etc. The script might have problems, but it's the most faithful portrayal of Spidey. It's not perfect, yes, but it's the best we got.

The script is why TASM2 is considered by most to be the worst one. This isn't a Kaiju movie where you can get away with a stupid-ass script as long as it looks good and fun.

Even if this is the most faithful Spidey (I disagree on that for reasons I've already gone over), it's hard to love that when the writing is just very, very bad.

But luckily people are re-examining the movies and realizing their value. They are Pokémon Gen V of the Spider-Man movies.

Nah, I'd compare it to the Prequels where everyone unanimously agreed they were dogshit but then new movies came out and some people didn't like those new movies so they decided to revise history and say the old movies were actually good just to shit on the new ones.

Not saying everyone is like this of course but you'd be surprised at how some of the arguments feel like.

Edited by Armagon

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good old title screen, as cheery as last time.

Why wouldn't it be cheery? This is Omori we're talking about.

Eh, I’ll finish the game eventually.

Never doubted it.

Hide contents

No game, no! I want to know what Aubrey was gonna say to Sunny! Don’t have them be interrupted and have her go nevermind, he’s moving away!

Spoiler

I prefer to think she was just about to ask him to keep in touch and remain friends and that's that. But that's mostly because I think Aubrey's obviously already in a relationship with Kim. I mean, c'mon. Who keeps a framed picture of herself and her "friend" at her bedside? Especially someone like Aubrey. And Kim went running to Sunny's house at the first sign of trouble, even though Aubrey seemed to currently hate Sunny and Kel. That says to me they talked about intimate things regarding Aubrey's past, and that Kim understands Aubrey well enough to be able to tell that she still cares about them. So yeah tl;dr they're totes a couple and you cannot convince me otherwise, thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Anyway, yeah, I guess I just kinda engaged in the fiery art of shipping for Omori of all things. That's about the most I'm willing to do, honestly. Some folks have a pairing for everyone, but I humbly believe everyone else is not really in a place to be in a relationship. I mean, neither is Aubrey, she's got a whole assortment of issues of her own, but... Well, Kim's not part of the original group, so I feel it makes more sense. I don't think any of the members of that group should be dating, really.

...Why did I go on a shipping rant? It was a completely innocuous comment...

12 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Awful. 48% chance to hit with her most accurate tome, and she died in one hit without external skills/pair-up.

The better Niles, everyone.

12 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

If I can, I'll kill, uh, Leo with him. Endgame Leo.

Best of luck to you! I wish you every success.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I have a feeling I should remember it’s in the toy box. Not that I have any clue what it is.

Spoiler

Hmm... Nah, it's probably not important.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fun.

pre-Berseria Tales is not fun to play imo.

If you cant combo in Vesperia, your playing it wrong. Especially the original version.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, had plenty of fun with Symphonia and Abyss myself.

Abyss had the FoF system i actually really enjoyed, it was a cool idea, just poorly implemented overall.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

YAY! Have Fun!!!

Thanks.

--------

Nice touch. Even if we didn't get the better box art as the main cover for the West, the reversible cover included with Arise is nice. Wish Scarlet Nexus had done the same.

Arthur whacked a dude in chapter 1-2 and crippled him. He had a dark mace.

Okay, Berwick's capture system may be kinda stinky, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel super good when that kind of thing happens. Hell yeah, Erzheimer's gonna love that.

At any rate, that's chapter 1 done. Used all the units available, easily. This trend should continue through chapter 2 and maybe 3, and then it's going to start becoming an issue.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

Hey, Omori, game. I don’t know if anyone has told you this yet but

gIXsvQs.jpg

this isn’t funny. At least the other punches in the guy were expected, what is this for!?

By the way @Saint Rubenio now that I’m looking through my Omori screenshots, I recall you saying that giving money to the homeless guy in the park who doesn’t give you the watch does nothing. Well, ackshually,

t076Ygr.jpg

UGmwHsy.jpg

GJWYcmO.jpg

He doubles the amount of money you give him. Unfortunately, he does this on the last day, when you’ll probably have essentially no use for it other than buying first aid kids for the recyclepath, I guess, but it’s the thought that counts, right?

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I prefer to think she was just about to ask him to keep in touch and remain friends and that's that.

Yeah, it was almost certainly that. I just wanted to see it.

The better Niles, everyone.

That’s just for Haitaka, though.

Spoiler

But that's mostly because I think Aubrey's obviously already in a relationship with Kim. I mean, c'mon. Who keeps a framed picture of herself and her "friend" at her bedside? Especially someone like Aubrey. And Kim went running to Sunny's house at the first sign of trouble, even though Aubrey seemed to currently hate Sunny and Kel. That says to me they talked about intimate things regarding Aubrey's past, and that Kim understands Aubrey well enough to be able to tell that she still cares about them. So yeah tl;dr they're totes a couple and you cannot convince me otherwise, thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Spoiler

Mehhhhhhh that is kind of, really a stretch. I’ll give you the thing about the bedside pictures, but her going to Sunny is definitely a stretch, she already had the entire gang there and that didn’t work, and Sunny and company are the only other people we know she was good friends with at one point. That combined with the fact that Aubrey had had an emotional day about her past friends and all the stuff that happened then, Kim running to said old friends for help doesn’t seem like it really has to mean they talk about intimate stuff, plus Aubrey has her moment of self realization at the stump in front of the treehouse later that day, where she talks about how she was pushing everyone away and not the other way around, and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense if she already told Kim that, considering it was a spontaneous Aubrey running out of the treehouse deal. But even then, it’s not completely unheard of for people to talk about feelings and stuff with their mates. Which really leaves just the pictures, so I wouldn’t count on that being the case.

Spoiler

Anyway, yeah, I guess I just kinda engaged in the fiery art of shipping for Omori of all things. That's about the most I'm willing to do, honestly. Some folks have a pairing for everyone, but I humbly believe everyone else is not really in a place to be in a relationship. I mean, neither is Aubrey, she's got a whole assortment of issues of her own, but... Well, Kim's not part of the original group, so I feel it makes more sense. I don't think any of the members of that group should be dating, really.

Spoiler

You know, in the beginning I fully expected something to happen or have happened between Aubrey and Kel, because in these types of animoo RPGs (I still don’t think it’s anime, but just to further my point) the guy and gal who are always at each other’s throats practically always end up together. Like, always. Then the game very heavily implied that Aubrey was interested in Omori, in dream land. But since dreamland seems to be heavily based off of when they were kids, well… however, we have to take into account that this is Sunny’s dream. Which means either Sunny wanted Aubrey to be interested in him or Aubrey told him she was at some point, since this is supposed to be an ideal world aka the way things were in the past (but in fantasy RPG land). And it’s very lightly sort of but not really implied that Aubrey sees herself and Omori in some sort of relationship, and considering this this is supposed to be based off of the past, well… just some food for thought. But they were like 12 and now they have to be around 16ish at the bare minimum because Hero is 2 years older and in college, and of course there’s what happened with Mari and what happened to everyone’s friendships as a result. So I think it’s likely they just sort of grew apart with grief, and now that it’s been so many years and they were 12(ish) at the time, I highly doubt Aubrey wants a relationship, at least with how things are now. So I don’t ship them, but I think there was probably something going on there at one point.

Hey wait, what do you mean none of the members of the group should be dating? Mari and Hero, Ruben! Mari and Hero!

...Why did I go on a shipping rant? It was a completely innocuous comment...

Internet.txt

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Hey, Omori, game. I don’t know if anyone has told you this yet but

gIXsvQs.jpg

this isn’t funny. At least the other punches in the guy were expected, what is this for!?

Hah!

Did you forget what game you were playing so easily?

Spoiler

By the way @Saint Rubenio now that I’m looking through my Omori screenshots, I recall you saying that giving money to the homeless guy in the park who doesn’t give you the watch does nothing. Well, ackshually,

t076Ygr.jpg

UGmwHsy.jpg

GJWYcmO.jpg

He doubles the amount of money you give him. Unfortunately, he does this on the last day, when you’ll probably have essentially no use for it other than buying first aid kids for the recyclepath, I guess, but it’s the thought that counts, right?

Oh, shit.

I had no idea. This game has too much hidden stuff in it.

That’s just for Haitaka, though.

Niles can reclass to dark mage and be better than Orochi. He's just plain better than her. Speed is important and hit issues are exceedingly easy to patch up.

Hide contents

Mehhhhhhh that is kind of, really a stretch. I’ll give you the thing about the bedside pictures, but her going to Sunny is definitely a stretch, she already had the entire gang there and that didn’t work, and Sunny and company are the only other people we know she was good friends with at one point. That combined with the fact that Aubrey had had an emotional day about her past friends and all the stuff that happened then, Kim running to said old friends for help doesn’t seem like it really has to mean they talk about intimate stuff, plus Aubrey has her moment of self realization at the stump in front of the treehouse later that day, where she talks about how she was pushing everyone away and not the other way around, and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense if she already told Kim that, considering it was a spontaneous Aubrey running out of the treehouse deal. But even then, it’s not completely unheard of for people to talk about feelings and stuff with their mates. Which really leaves just the pictures, so I wouldn’t count on that being the case.

Spoiler

Well... Yeah. Fair points.

Eh. In any case, Omori isn't a game about romance. There are some implications here and there, but there's very little focus put into any of it outside of Sunny's crush on Aubrey, which isn't even implied to be reciprocated.

Hide contents

You know, in the beginning I fully expected something to happen or have happened between Aubrey and Kel, because in these types of animoo RPGs (I still don’t think it’s anime, but just to further my point) the guy and gal who are always at each other’s throats practically always end up together. Like, always. Then the game very heavily implied that Aubrey was interested in Omori, in dream land. But since dreamland seems to be heavily based off of when they were kids, well… however, we have to take into account that this is Sunny’s dream. Which means either Sunny wanted Aubrey to be interested in him or Aubrey told him she was at some point, since this is supposed to be an ideal world aka the way things were in the past (but in fantasy RPG land). And it’s very lightly sort of but not really implied that Aubrey sees herself and Omori in some sort of relationship, and considering this this is supposed to be based off of the past, well… just some food for thought. But they were like 12 and now they have to be around 16ish at the bare minimum because Hero is 2 years older and in college, and of course there’s what happened with Mari and what happened to everyone’s friendships as a result. So I think it’s likely they just sort of grew apart with grief, and now that it’s been so many years and they were 12(ish) at the time, I highly doubt Aubrey wants a relationship, at least with how things are now. So I don’t ship them, but I think there was probably something going on there at one point.

Spoiler

Yeah, this is all quite reasonable. Really, as I said above, the only romance kinda thing that the game makes clear is that Sunny crushes hard on Aubrey. That's it. Everything else is very ambiguous implications.

Seriously though that framed picture is too much I'll die on this hill

Internet.txt

But I'm supposed to be better than this

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What possible reason could you have to play it when Platinum exists?

Because it's the only acceptable mainline game that I haven't finished yet, all because I skipped straight to Platinum back in 2010. Yes, I'm one of those guys who needs to play all games in order to consider a "true fan". Yes, I deserve all of this.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Well... Yeah. Fair points.

Eh. In any case, Omori isn't a game about romance. There are some implications here and there, but there's very little focus put into any of it outside of Sunny's crush on Aubrey, which isn't even implied to be reciprocated.

Hide contents

Yeah, this is all quite reasonable. Really, as I said above, the only romance kinda thing that the game makes clear is that Sunny crushes hard on Aubrey. That's it. Everything else is very ambiguous implications.

Seriously though that framed picture is too much I'll die on this hill

Spoiler

What do you mean Sunny has an obvious crush on Aubrey and it’s unclear if it’s reciprocated? If anything, it’s the other way around, at least to me. Didn’t you ever use Aubrey’s “look at Omori” follow up?

But I'm supposed to be better than this

Aren’t we all?

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Because it's the only acceptable mainline game that I haven't finished yet, all because I skipped straight to Platinum back in 2010. Yes, I'm one of those guys who needs to play all games in order to consider a "true fan". Yes, I deserve all of this.

But you just said it sucks.

Spoiler

Oooohhhh Basil is so dead, isn’t he?

This is probably not related, but now that I think about it, I completely forgot about the toy box. But I don’t know where there is a toy box in the real world, so was I supposed to do something there?

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

What do you mean Sunny has an obvious crush on Aubrey and it’s unclear if it’s reciprocated? If anything, it’s the other way around, at least to me. Didn’t you ever use Aubrey’s “look at Omori” follow up?

Spoiler

That's in Sunny's fantasies, though. If Aubrey is hopelessly in love with the Sunny lookalike in Sunny's imagination world, whose crush does that indicate?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Oooohhhh Basil is so dead, isn’t he?

Spoiler

Well...

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you just said it sucks.

Still miles better than Sword and Shield.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

That's in Sunny's fantasies, though. If Aubrey is hopelessly in love with the Sunny lookalike in Sunny's imagination world, whose crush does that indicate?

Spoiler

But Sunny dreams of things being the way they were, hence Mari being alive, everyone being 12 and acting like they did back then. Also, Omori/Sunny doesn’t really have control over these dreams considering what happens with Basil and then black space. Plus Omori acts completely oblivious to Aubrey’s feelings, so if this is Sunny’s fantasy why aren’t they in a clear relationship?

Hide contents

Well...

Please tell me I haven’t locked myself into a bad ending. That’s what I wanna hear. But if I am it was that toy box, wasn’t it?

This segment in the house is really really cool, at least.

Edited by Sooks

Spoiler

I finally got back to the real world, but the toy box key isn’t in my inventory. Noo… I thought that would be later… where is there a toy box??? Where??? Welp, that’s almost certainly a reset, but on the 0.1% chance I haven’t missed anything I’ll keep going, maybe I’ll realize where the toy box was.

The game let me outside to walk around, but forced me into Sunny’s house where I could no longer leave, but could get a steak knife off the counter and could go to sleep. I am going to try to “save” Basil instead, however.

Everything makes sense now. Including that spoiler I saw before I started the game.

Whenever I look at everyone sleeping, after the narration talking about them as people, it ends with “you will miss them.” No…

Edited by Sooks

What a weird map chapter 2-main has been in this run. I managed to capture Tarrevan and Valentin, Ward of all people beat up Maham for his weeds, and we got to Bengriton as soon as turn 10. Unfortunately, Zalius survived. I sent Dean after him, because even on my sixth run I still haven't learned my lesson. Predictably, Dean got bodied and spent the rest of the map running for his life, until he dived into the safety of Elbert's provoke range.

Then Zalius got hit by a 50% arrow from Sylvis but dodged an 80% from the patched up Dean. Which only goes to prove to me that Dean is a scrub and Sylvis is the best forever. Bye bye broadsword.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

But Sunny dreams of things being the way they were, hence Mari being alive, everyone being 12 and acting like they did back then. Also, Omori/Sunny doesn’t really have control over these dreams considering what happens with Basil and then black space. Plus Omori acts completely oblivious to Aubrey’s feelings, so if this is Sunny’s fantasy why aren’t they in a clear relationship?

Spoiler

I mean, sure, it's possible Aubrey did have a crush on Sunny way back when and it isn't just Sunny's wishful thinking that he was cool enough to have a girl crush on him even though he's completely oblivious to her. Not unlike a harem protagonist, actually, which is a well known manner of escapism fantasy. See how it all adds up?

Aubrey being the way she is in Sunny's fantasy makes it clear that Sunny has a crush on her. It's unclear whether or not she did have a crush on him back then as well. Could go both ways. Either way, however, after Sunny disappeared for four years and all the psychological trauma she went through, there's no way Aubrey feels the same way anymore. Or at the very least, there's no way such feelings could be reignited in the couple of hours they've spent mending their friendship so far.

Please tell me I haven’t locked myself into a bad ending. That’s what I wanna hear. But if I am it was that toy box, wasn’t it?

This segment in the house is really really cool, at least.

Of course it is.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I finally got back to the real world, but the toy box key isn’t in my inventory. Noo… I thought that would be later… where is there a toy box??? Where??? Welp, that’s almost certainly a reset, but on the 0.1% chance I haven’t missed anything I’ll keep going, maybe I’ll realize where the toy box was.

The game let me outside to walk around, but forced me into Sunny’s house where I could no longer leave, but could get a steak knife off the counter and could go to sleep. I am going to try to “save” Basil instead, however.

...What?

Okay, hold up a moment, I'm lost now. What exactly has happened? In detail, please.

EDIT: Never mind, for a moment I forgot that happens at this point. Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm unlost, don't mind me.

EDIT 2: At this point you're keeping multiple saves, right? You're not being reckless again, are you? Please tell me you're being cautious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Considering the day, it's not surprising always seeing this same thing popping up in this other forum site I frequent.

Someone vehemently denying the CIA's role in the Pinochet coup despite all the evidence of the contrary; and they're not even American...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT 2: At this point you're keeping multiple saves, right? You're not being reckless again, are you? Please tell me you're being cautious.

Yes, I have saves.

It was the toy box, wasn’t it?

Also, remember how I was supposed to do this all at once? Well… real life calls. Oops.

Edited by Sooks

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, I have saves.

Good.

It was the toy box, wasn’t it?

Spoiler

So where are you? Exactly.

...well, since chances are I'll be asleep when you return, no, you don't need to find a toy box. To proceed, you mustn't leave Basil's house. That's all I'll say for now.

Also, remember how I was supposed to do this all at once? Well… real life calls. Oops.

That's fine, this is the point where I said it was okay to stop actually. Just a shame I'll be asleep when you come back to finish, most likely.

Edited by Saint Rubenio