Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If you cant combo in Vesperia, your playing it wrong. Especially the original version.

I didn't actually play Vesperia.

But given that pre-Berseria Tales all do the LMBS system which I find incredible awkward, I doubt I'd actually enjoy it. Berseria's shift to a more traditional ARPG and Arise's evolution of that is the main reason I'm finally able to enjoy these games......even if it's at the cost of those who prefer LMBS.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice touch. Even if we didn't get the better box art as the main cover for the West, the reversible cover included with Arise is nice.

TFW I didn't get a reversible cover.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

btw @Armagon, and anyone else interested in playing DS1, I wouldn't be able to co-op (or invade) with y'all unless you played the Switch port of the game-Cross-console matching doesn't work, unfortunately. Not that it's anything that important, but in case you wanted to make part of the game easier.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't actually play Vesperia.

But given that pre-Berseria Tales all do the LMBS system which I find incredible awkward, I doubt I'd actually enjoy it. Berseria's shift to a more traditional ARPG and Arise's evolution of that is the main reason I'm finally able to enjoy these games......even if it's at the cost of those who prefer LMBS.

...you haven't seen some of the comboes OG Yuri could pull off, did you?

I know his MA can deal an ABSURD amount of damage with a relatively simple setup. (provided you remember the skill setup and artes needed)

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

btw @Armagon, and anyone else interested in playing DS1, I wouldn't be able to co-op (or invade) with y'all unless you played the Switch port of the game-Cross-console matching doesn't work, unfortunately. Not that it's anything that important, but in case you wanted to make part of the game easier.

I see.

I don't know when I'd play DS1 tho. Probably a ways off.

But I'll keep it in mind.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...you haven't seen some of the comboes OG Yuri could pull off, did you?

I know his MA can deal an ABSURD amount of damage with a relatively simple setup. (provided you remember the skill setup and artes needed)

I mean......if I don't enjoy the combat system then the combos don't really matter that much, now do they?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

see.

I don't know when I'd play DS1 tho. Probably a ways off.

But I'll keep it in mind.

Ye, just wanted to let you know in case you don't like it that much or are finding an area hard and need a hand.

(There's also a Discord server I'm that's partially dedicated to matchmaking for jolly Co-operation, so I could send you there if you'd rather play in the decidedly prettier PS4 version.)

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean......if I don't enjoy the combat system then the combos don't really matter that much, now do they?

well... Thats what I thought about Berseria, and after giving it a thoughrough playing, i appreciated it much more. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But seriously tho

Arise OST slaps

Miles above usual Tales medicore ost

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

^^^

bangers all around

Sakuraba's always been a capable composer if the Baten Kaitos games are anything to go by. It's just that Namco appearently wanted him to keep to a specific style which is why Tales' OSTs usually suck.

Arise having the first good OST in the series has been long overdue.

That one Underground Sewer theme was so good

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

E_CrcdeXEAEd94r?format=jpg&name=large

please shoot me

tbf that's a Versperia remix which they have remixed like 3 times so far or something

The finale of Omori really is true kino, Ruben was right.

Not that I’ve started playing yet, I just got back, but I thought about it like the entire time I was gone lol.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

So where are you? Exactly.

Spoiler

Last thing that happened was walking into Basil’s room to try and save him where I had to fight him because he was being swallowed by the black monster thing again.

That's fine, this is the point where I said it was okay to stop actually. Just a shame I'll be asleep when you come back to finish, most likely.

You’ll just be reading my thoughts/reactions a couple hours late is all.

Spoiler

...well, since chances are I'll be asleep when you return, no, you don't need to find a toy box. To proceed, you mustn't leave Basil's house. That's all I'll say for now.

Spoiler

There’s gotta be something about that darn toy box!

Also, yeah, I didn’t choose to leave Basil’s house, I loaded an old save.

Reading that Platinum Games has been wanting to show off Bayo 3, but aren't allowed to, implying "Ninten-no!", makes me ponder if IS and Monolith are operating under a rule of silence. And yet, this is the company that is dragging out BotW2.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

rise having the first good OST in the series has been long overdue.

I on the other hand have a great deal of Symphonia's OST still lodged in my memory. And in this case, unlike other ones permanently planted in my head, this one I haven't listened to over the years. Both Baten Kaitos soundtracks, Final Fantasies IV and VI, the officially translated SRW OG soundtracks, original Paper Mario and TTYD, Advance Wars, FEs 7-10, Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxies, also occupy some of those "never checking out" suites in my skull.

Subsequent Tales haven't been as fortunate. Likely because all of the above were childhood games of mine, and other Tales were not, which has made cherish Symphonia's OST more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wait, what? That’s it? That’s the end? I mean, don’t get me wrong, that was all incredible, but I would have put that fade to black a little later.

@Saint Rubenio

ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE OMORI PLOT SPOILERS, LIKE RUINS THE ENTIRE PLOT IF YOU READ THEM TIER SPOILERS

Well okay, maybe it’s not that big, it wouldn’t ruin the plot, but all of you should absolutely experience this for yourself.

Spoiler

The ending I got started with Omori in the hospital, surrounded by flowers because I got the universally loved achievement, meaning I got every flower from every NPC that I could. After leaving the room, I eventually came across a hallway where dreamland Hero, Kel and Aubrey walked one way and dreamland Basil (the shadow version) walked another. I followed dreamland shadow Basil to the bottom of that direction, where actual Basil stood outside of a door, so I opened that one. When Sunny went in, Aubrey, Kel and Hero were standing at Basil’s bedside and the screen cut to Sunny, then went black while saying “I have something to tell you” and that was it. That was the ending. The credits rolled, and after that a little cutscene played that showed Sunny with the eye monster behind him, smiling at Basil, who had the tentacle shadow monster thing behind him on his pillow. Basil smiled back and then it disappeared. Was that the bonus scene for watering the flowers? I mean it involved Basil and came after the credits. Anyway, that was the ending. So was that the best one? It seemed good, at least, but considering the cut to black I can’t imagine it getting any better than that.

That whole section was incredible. I can’t really say a lot about any specific part, because I would really just say “it’s good” in a longer way. My favorite part was walking around and getting the photos that showed what really happened to Mari, that section was phenomenal in every sense of the word. The fight against Omori was really good too.

Also Ruben, you madman, I don’t know if you remember, but way back when I was considering playing the game after around the 5th time you mentioned the time you stayed up until 2 am playing it, I said I read a spoiler for the game and that it was that the main character pushed his sister down the stairs and she died from her injuries, but I was a little shaky on who specifically was involved (I was sure on the stairs part) because I read two different spoilers. That was the big spoiler reveal of the plot, and I read it before ever touching the game. I asked if that spoiler was a big deal, and after you dodging the question twice you said it was wrong and that she killed herself. The crazy part is that I believed you! You’d think I would have learned not to do that… but anyway, yeah, looking back that was awesome, so thanks.

Looking at my achievements I have one called “One more day…” that says “reach the good ending” so I guess I got the best ending? Maybe possibly?

Oh also, now that I feel kind of a little certain that I got the best ending, what was that choice you were talking about that you said I had a high chance of messing up? Prepare for a lot more Omori questions when you respond to this, by the way. I’m curious about like every alternate path.

Edited by Sooks

I have to finish those first chapters to upload before the 15th... and I've basically procrastinated this past two days. Got almost 1500 words in what would be two chapters over at Writing.com. And now I'm debating if to add a segment or not because it could be a bit padding... maybe, but at least to me it would feel so since I kinda want to not write too much before reaching the crux of what the story is meant to be about.

Ah... decisions... might write that segment anyway, then decide if to include it at Writing.com...

Edited by Acacia Sgt