Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps you could post images of potted plants. Or something.

He could play Omori. His reactions would make him quite memorable. 😈

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's something

https://i.imgur.com/crN6yGI.jpeghttps://i.imgur.com/b4Bcuhz.jpeg

Ah, yes. Ghost "I don't read hentai anymore" 06, ladies and gentlemen.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Recall what?

Let us not forget, 06, the time you tried to pass off a certain implement of the male anatomy concealed underneath an inconspicuous cone of ice cream. It was truly a devious plan, but you could not fool me.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree with this idea. 06, get to it.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yes. Ghost "I don't read hentai anymore" 06, ladies and gentlemen.

Ruben, it's not just because a Japanese work explores sexuality and human relationships that it's a hentai. And yes, I lied.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let us not forget, 06, the time you tried to pass off a certain implement of the male anatomy concealed underneath an inconspicuous cone of ice cream. It was truly a devious plan, but you could not fool me.

It was just an ice cream, I swear!

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I agree with this idea. 06, get to it.

Only if you guys play a game I recommend too. The ratio of recommendations is already unbalanced.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> Intend to continue writing.

> Actually ends up deleting a couple sentences.

Welp.

Writing has to be 40% figuring out the best ordering of words, sentences, paragraphs, scenes.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

Writing has to be 40% figuring out the best ordering of words, sentences, paragraphs, scenes.

Haha, well, it's not like I've actually done it quite often. Though yeah, I'm not actually scrapping most of them, just figured they'd fit best later on.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruben, it's not just because a Japanese work explores sexuality and human relationships that it's a hentai.

Perhaps not, but the particular Japanese work exploring sexuality and human relationships that you were reading and, uh, enjoying, was a hentai. Most certainly.

And yes, I lied.

It was obvious.

It was just an ice cream, I swear!

You still cannot fool me!

Only if you guys play a game I recommend too. The ratio of recommendations is already unbalanced.

06, I tremble to even ask what sort of abominable monstrosity you would recommend to me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Sky 3rd’s opening is really good. Well, story and music wise, the writers and composers don’t seem to have lost their touch in between games. Gameplay wise, though, it was kinda bad because each fight had 2-4 guys who did massive damage to my one single party member, making AoE arts (or the AoE craft) my only real option for offense because otherwise you cannot get rid of all them quick enough while also not dying, because you need to focus on healing too, which costs EP as well. This is all fine, but the game gives you… 2 EP charges for this section. That’s just not enough resources, the only reason I was able to win the last fight was because the last enemy for some reason decided to move the 2 tiles it was away from me to right next to me instead of attacking for… some reason. But I’m guessing nightmare mode will get better once I get more stuff. Hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

06, I tremble to even ask what sort of abominable monstrosity you would recommend to me.

I could not have said it better.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Can I cash in the fact that I played AC Odyssey since it’s a game that you like and we can call it even?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can I cash in the fact that I played AC Odyssey since it’s a game that you like and we can call it even?

Crap, I have no such escape.

...Maybe I can make good on my promise to watch one episode of... I think it was Fate Zero? Was that the name? It was months ago now that I said I'd watch one episode, but then something came up.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Crap, I have no such escape.

...Maybe I can make good on my promise to watch one episode of... I think it was Fate Zero? Was that the name? It was months ago now that I said I'd watch one episode, but then something came up.

Thank you for your sacrifice in advance.

Started Bravely Default 2. Just to check and see if the game worked within the refundable period. Switch ran low on juice after the first boss battle so I stopped there. Remarks:

• OST has a familiar sounding, although the new asterisk boss theme has nothing on That Person's Name Is.
  • The decision to replace the old defined turn order system with a freer one based on speed is questionable. Things feel more chaotic now. It wouldn't be this way if I could see the turn order, but nope, you can't.
  • Graphically, the game is a little weird. There is something retro to it, akin to the sprites of SNES FF but in 3D, but it's also like Bravely failed to realize it was not longer a portable franchise.
  • I kinda wish random encounters returned, as strange a request as that sounds. Visible enemies are usually better, but here, the developers didn't realize that after an encounter, all visible enemies within a certain radius should vanish to give the player a reprieve. The lack of this means there have been too many fights so far.
  • Fortunately, the game gives you a guest character for the prologue segment that makes fights almost impossible to lose. Also, Freelancer has two JP Up abilities late on its leveling list, which are bound to be useful, so JP earned in the base job will pay off later.
  • Spells are automatically acquired with when leveling a job, no more buying them. Despite still being the prologue, I've already acquired Fira, the JP gain rate might be a bit too fast.
  • Equipment weight looks to be a limiter. The stat costs of overburdening the characters will add up fast.
  • None of the four characters has made much of an impression yet. Elvis's has been the strongest. The game has only begun however, I'll give it time.
  • I don't get why they let the player name Seth. It's just gonna be awkward b/c voice acting means his name will never ever be said.
  • I have faith that the game will give me some excellent class mix & match later, which is what I'm looking to have fun with.
    • While I know it won't matter, Elvis & Gloria will be the magical characters, and Seth and Adele will go physical, as the game naturally nudges you towards. I'll see if I can find a job with a midriff for Seth.😄

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

September 12, a day of Memorialization of the Saint Patrick's Battalion. Buckle up for this is a long one.

Thanks for the history lesson! I don't mind it.🙂

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I forgot how text heavy these games are…

How is Ries pronounced anyway, Trails teeheers? 

Pretty sure it's "ree-ess".

Edited by DodgeDusk

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga did Trails first.

But Trails probably did it better—

Actually, maybe not. This Ries woman has only had like 10 minutes of screen time but I don’t like what I’ve seen so far. I actually don’t like the other new character either, and Kevin, who is returning from the last game (and the main character of this one, it looks like), has not had a very… balanced, portrayal so far.

But it’s the beginning of the game, and this game is Trails, so I trust that it will get better.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Actually, maybe not. This Ries woman has only had like 10 minutes of screen time but I don’t like what I’ve seen so far. I actually don’t like the other new character either, and Kevin, who is returning from the last game (and the main character of this one, it looks like), has not had a very… balanced, portrayal so far.

But it’s the beginning of the game, and this game is Trails, so I trust that it will get better.

Thats a pretty promising first impression! Xd

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hershey did Kaga first!😛

And like Kaga, it's loved by some, but hated by others claiming "if I try this, it'll kill me".

So fun story. I didn't get this joke, so I googled Hershey. I didn't find anything there either, so I moved on. A while later however,ads for Hershey products showed up in the Youtube app, including one for Reese's.

So uh... Thanks, exceedingly intrusive and alarmingly quick advertisement algorythm?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Trails probably did it better—

Ahhh not to worry. I'm sure in 40 or 50 hours it'll become kino.

From what you guys talk about, of course it would, since it's pre-Rean Trails or so.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks for the history lesson! I don't mind it.🙂

Well, better than nothing I'd say, hehe.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very funny Ruben. But FC spent its first 30 minutes world building and setting up the main characters’ relationship, SC spent its first 30 minutes showing us what happened directly after FC’s massive cliffhanger ending before cutting to after the 2 month (iirc) gap in between games and then showing us how Estelle has changed. Sky 3rd spent its first 30 minutes… showing how awesome/powerful/wonderful Kevin is?

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So fun story. I didn't get this joke, so I googled Hershey. I didn't find anything there either, so I moved on. A while later however,ads for Hershey products showed up in the Youtube app, including one for Reese's.

So uh... Thanks, exceedingly intrusive and alarmingly quick advertisement algorythm?

Sorry you're not familiar with mass-produced Pennsylvania-originated United States chocolate treats! -Or maybe that's for the better.

Chocolate and groundnut allergies alike are common enough that it came to mind.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Contrariwise, there is the game I heard of called World End's Club. Wherein reviewers said "play the demo, and then don't buy the full game". Because the segment of the game covered by the demo, is precisely all of the game worth anyone's time. It is all downhill afterwards, despite having two independently solid writers collaborate on the story.