Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So I tried to find out what was up with that School Days thing, but now I have many, many more questions than answers. How the heck..?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So… go with Noble Dwarf it is? Arcane warrior sounds too good, maybe it’s better to go with someone who can’t use it just in case the temptation ever strikes.

Only characters with the mage origin can use magic. Human Noble, Dalish Elf Warrior and Rogue and dwarves can't. The game asks which class you want before you can choose race/origin. If you choose Mage, then you'll only have one origin (although you can choose between human or elf).

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But then again, I guess it’s if I do play the game. Seems interesting, so I won’t completely disregard it, though I’ll want to look into the gameplay more.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I tried to find out what was up with that School Days thing, but now I have many, many more questions than answers. How the heck..?

If you only knew how bad things are...

https://i.redd.it/r79z9xrjwa151.jpg

Oh, I didn’t even see anything about the boat originally. I got it now though.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

But this I definitely didn’t see anything about. What…?

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Crusader Kings: "Pft, amateur."

It's impossible to do this in CK2. Women younger than 16 can't get pregnant and your ruler will die before your bastard great-grandchild comes of age.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But this I definitely didn’t see anything about. What…?

It's a part of the Overflow universe family tree. School Days is part of it, and a bunch of characters are actually related.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By strange, do you mean the contents/topics or the phrasing of the conversations?

The conversations. Like having the guys having a conversation while using the bathroom, and Asbel in the ending asking if anyone has any toilet paper even though everyone else left already. Like, really? Is that supposed to be funny?

23 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's impossible to do this in CK2. Women younger than 16 can't get pregnant and your ruler will die before your bastard great-grandchild comes of age.

If the man has high Health bonus, it's actually doable.

Assuming he was also 16 for the first time. Then he'd be 16 when he becomes a father, 33 a grandfather, and 50 a great-grandfather, and 67 when said great-grandchild comes of age. Living that long isn't that hard in CK2. The pic has two more generations, so 84 next, and the last at 100. Again, if you have lots of Health bonuses, it's totally doable.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So yeah, luck out with a natural high Health stat, luck out getting Strong genetic trait, use focuses to get stuff like Brawny, Family or Hunting focuses, write books that grant Health, get lucky with gaining Health boosting pets or constantly get hunting dogs from Hunting focus, etc.

If you feel like cheating it a little, get a Magnificent Gardens Great Work and build the Fountain the Youth. Yes, that Fountain of Youth. Removes 2 years of age every 10 that passes. Also artifacts like the Holy Grail.

Of course, the CK RNG is more infamous than FE's. So even with Health over the roof you can still die in your forties over... anything.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You can use the healing water and monuments can be used to heal.

Yeah I know, that’s why I said the water is the best character so far.

I was talking about the very first segment with Kevin on the Lusitania.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So yeah, luck out with a natural high Health stat, luck out getting Strong genetic trait, use focuses to get stuff like Brawny, Family or Hunting focuses, write books that grant Health, get lucky with gaining Health boosting pets or constantly get hunting dogs from Hunting focus, etc.

If you feel like cheating it a little, get a Magnificent Gardens Great Work and build the Fountain the Youth. Yes, that Fountain of Youth. Removes 2 years of age every 10 that passes. Also artifacts like the Holy Grail.

Of course, the CK RNG is more infamous than FE's. So even with Health over the roof you can still die in your forties over... anything.

https://i.redd.it/6yza2evtuvf21.png

It's a good thing that after centuries of trying to eugenic my way to greatness...

LdTGUQl.png

I got the big three on the character that I'll not control until EUIV. Much less worries in that game's RNG... somewhat.

'Evening, all! How's everyone/what did I miss?

Also, isn't that game Sooks and Ruben are trying out on Gamepass? (What's it called, again?)

Edited by Benice

Soon, soon...

SLI4Uij.png

But... I might hold on from continuing my Mega Campaign for a long time. I only started with CKII since development for it finally reached its end. So I might wait for EUIV to do the same. At least once I do that I can do them and Victoria II back-to-back. Then move to HoI IV once that too is done with.

Then Stellaris as we venture forth into the final frontier! ... but I don't have Stellaris yet.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a good thing that after centuries of trying to eugenic my way to greatness...

LdTGUQl.png

I got the big three on the character that I'll not control until EUIV. Much less worries in that game's RNG... somewhat.

>these borders

Vomit-chan | Know Your Meme

Yeah, little I could do there. I'm Hispania.

They also have landlocked land in Africa, but since it's only one province away from the coastline, and I have the Exclave Limit-Naval game rule, they'll keep it even through succession. That's also why they still have that piece in Slavonia, since the Danube helps keeping it under the Naval limit.

Okay, so September 13. The day in commemoration to the Niños Heroes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niños_Héroes

As I mentioned yesterday, the Battle of Chapultepec took place around these days, when the San Patricios were executed upon its climax. But the battle itself also holds significance in our country's history. In those years, Chapultepec Castle was functioning as the Military Academy. Thus, when the American forces were already getting close to the capital and thus the castle, the place was still full of cadets, all aged 12 to 19 years old. Despite most of them being evacuated prior to the battle, quite a few number opted to stay and fight, in addition to some of the graduates, most also not even having turned 20 yet. By the 13th it was clear the castle was lost, and thus the order to retreat was signaled. Now, this is where things start to turn more into myth than historical fact. The most prominent was that six of the cadets refused to retreat when the order was given, and thus stayed and fought to the bitter end.

In the years after the war the six cadets were romanticized as martyrs who defended their country bravely up to the very end. Various legends sprout as a result, the most famous being how one of them wrapped himself with the Mexican flag and jumped off the Castle, which is located atop a forestry hill, in an effort to prevent it from being taken by the invading forces. Regardless, the cadets' deaths left its mark in the country's history, and thus the 13th, the day they died, is a day in commemoration to them and the battle they lost their lives in.

9 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Nope, I haven't watched it in it's entirety, only skipped to the ending, as the anime is a boring bastardization of the VN.

Damnit, 06, I do not believe you! There's no way that you haven't--

9 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Which I read.

Ahhhh, there we go. The balance has been restored.

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Only characters with the mage origin can use magic.

But... I like magic!

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I like how it just says "son," because the son doesn't matter to anyone.

Also, what the absolute fuck.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I never watched it myself but I later found out that the anime's ending is actually the bad ending of the visual novel it's based on.

Why they chose to adapt the bad ending, I have no idea but it made for some memes.

The anime is largely considered to be dumb and bad and filled with nothing but unlikeable characters that are impossible to root for. Even those who enjoy the original VN don't like it, as 06 proved in his response to me yesterday. Nobody would've watched it and it would've sunk into obscurity in no time at all... If it wasn't for the ending. To this day, people still remember the ending. People watched the anime solely because of the ending. The ending is what saved the anime from being buried underneath the waves of bland romance animes that are all the same boring thing.

If anything, I have to give my regards to the anime's creators. They made something that is widely viewed as bad and ugly and yet it still managed to latch on to some recognition by virtue of having the weirdest, most out-of-left-field ending imaginable. Not too shabby!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't believe I just gagged on cake.

Hey, don't feel too bad. I occassionally gag on my own friggin' saliva. I have no idea how I do it, it just happens sometimes.