Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just finished case 3. I must agree with DodgeDusk's assessment. That really was holy. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Well, as much as I'd like to claim otherwise... Yeah, Hinata's a fair bit better than Kumagera. Meh.

I still don't see why you benched Godtaka instead of giving him Hana's deployment slot, when he would've just been more or less the same as Hana statwise but with lances and far better skills

Holy fuck indeed.

Hinata is so buff because he's had to carry the Idiot Squad for most of the game.

Oh, you misunderstand: when I said he "fell", he literally fell. And never got back up.

Spoiler

He died.

Spoiler

I'm sorry, Ruben.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

She had to feed him somehow.

But did she have to?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well.

Someone's glad he stopped playing Fates Trails when he did now.

...How in the world did I make that typo...?

I like how you pretend you’re not a weeb yet know what happened in this anime funny moment™ without me saying it.

My man.

Maybe that's why my recommendations work on you and nobody else. Turns out we're the two contrarians of this thread, you and I.

B-but I can’t be a contrarian, I think Three Houses good and Trails in the Sky good.

Well, maybe the former doesn’t count because Three Houses doesn’t actually get discussed a lot here other than being passively mentioned.

Corpse Party was originally an RPGMaker horror game. A "genre", if you want to call it that, that I've always been rather fond of. Nothing cozier than watching a playthrough of an RPGMaker horror game on Youtube.

Unless it’s Omori, then there’s nothing cozier than playing it yourself.

I remember the Ao Oni craze of the RPGMaker Horror genre, hahaha.

I've played quite a couple of them before. Ib, Mad Father, Misao, Nira Oni. Surprisingly, since horror games aren't exactly my cup of tea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Holy fuck indeed.

I'll have more words about it later in the GAA thread.

Hinata is so buff because he's had to carry the Idiot Squad for most of the game.

I like how he still doesn't have as much strength as Kumagera

Well, to be fair, the only thing better than one buff oni chieftain is two buff oni chieftains. I'd say keep Kuma around. Especially since for some undiscernible reason he seems to have hidden Paragon or something. Seriously, his exp gains are insane, does anyone know why that is?

Oh, you misunderstand: when I said he "fell", he literally fell. And never got back up.

Please tell me it's not what I think it is.

Hide contents

He died.

Hide contents

I'm sorry, Ruben.

How utterly disappointing. You did what all the boring people did. You sacrificed him in chapter 10 because that's what all the boring people say you must do. Oh, and what's this I see? Royals? Yes, royals! All of the royals! You're using all of the royals, because you're boring, DodgeDusk! You're boring like all the rest according to my standards! I look upon you with great disdain!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like how you pretend you’re not a weeb yet know what happened in this anime funny moment™ without me saying it.

Don't give me that, Sooks. It's an extremely easy guess, especially after reading some of the other posts talking about the moment.

B-but I can’t be a contrarian, I think Three Houses good and Trails in the Sky good.

Yes, well, the rest of it adds up. Exceptions, not the rule, Sooks.

Well, maybe the former doesn’t count because Three Houses doesn’t actually get discussed a lot here other than being passively mentioned.

Probably because it's not worth discussing it instead of an actually good game like Conquest.

Nah, but in all seriousness - and this is something that a lot of the game's fans agree about - Three Houses is not a game with good replay value. The routes are extremely similar and having to redo the whole 12 chapters worth of monastery grind gets old really quick. Most people only play it once. Even the most hardcore fans tended to just do one playthrough of all four routes in a row (how they were able to endure that is beyond me) and leave it at that.

I'd surmise the reason it's not talked about as much 'round these parts is that people just aren't replaying it. Especially when you compare it to Conquest, a game that is generally well liked here and that is so replayable that even the thread's replaying naysayer has replayed it countless times. It's only natural that that one would be discussed far more often.

Unless it’s Omori, then there’s nothing cozier than playing it yourself.

It is quite the cozy game. No weird shenanigans going on there, no sir.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember the Ao Oni craze of the RPGMaker Horror genre, hahaha.

That was one of the oldies. There's so many versions of that one, I don't even know if its development has ended or is still going to this day!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was one of the oldies. There's so many versions of that one, I don't even know if its development has ended or is still going to this day!

The main one? I think it's done, yes. v6.23 was the last. Whether more based-on games have released I've stopped checking.

Not just versions, they've adapted the thing into other media, including a movie of all things.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll have more words about it later in the GAA thread.

I like how he still doesn't have as much strength as Kumagera

Well, to be fair, the only thing better than one buff oni chieftain is two buff oni chieftains. I'd say keep Kuma around. Especially since for some undiscernible reason he seems to have hidden Paragon or something. Seriously, his exp gains are insane, does anyone know why that is?

Please tell me it's not what I think it is.

How utterly disappointing. You did what all the boring people did. You sacrificed him in chapter 10 because that's what all the boring people say you must do. Oh, and what's this I see? Royals? Yes, royals! All of the royals! You're using all of the royals, because you're boring, DodgeDusk! You're boring like all the rest according to my standards! I look upon you with great disdain!

His internal level is lower than that of a 20/1 promoted unit. Like Camilla (though I don't think as low as her's).

He died in Chapter 12 actually, but yes. But it's fine, for my meme units this run are Blacksmith!Hinata and Oni Cheiftain!Hayato.

32 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Questioning Rufina is tantamount to becoming a heretic in the eyes of the Church, Sooks. Do you want to be branded as a heretic?

Well, Kevin seems to… lose his composure at the idea of heretics. And no one wants to be on the receiving end of that.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, well, the rest of it adds up. Exceptions, not the rule, Sooks.

All I said was that I don’t like funny anime moments™.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The main one? I think it's done, yes. v6.23 was the last. Whether more based-on games have released I've stopped checking.

Not just versions, they've adapted the thing into other media, including a movie of all things.

It's fascinating how much it took off, considering it's... honestly not that amazing. The art was mediocre, the story was pretty scarce and the atmosphere was better done by its contemporaries. Among the oldies, I'd say stuff like Ib, the Witch's House, Mad Father, Misao and Yume Nikki, to name a few, far surpass it. So why did this one take off so hard?

I just checked my facts via Google, and turns out I was completely off. Those aren't its contemporaries at all. They all came out between 2011 and 2012, the golden age of the genre, as it were. Ao Oni is as old as 2004. So I guess we've found our answer as to how its popularity took off: Seniority.

6 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

His internal level is lower than that of a 20/1 promoted unit. Like Camilla (though I don't think as low as her's).

So I've heard. Though I've never been able to find a place to check the internal levels of all the units, so I've no idea where people have gotten this information.

He died in Chapter 12 actually, but yes. But it's fine, for my meme units this run are Blacksmith!Hinata and Oni Cheiftain!Hayato.

Well... Fine, I'll give you that one. But why is it that every single time, everyone finds an excuse not to use capturable units? When will you folks see the light!? My arguments couldn't be any more solid! Just look at my signature, for crying out loud!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

All I said was that I don’t like funny anime moments™.

And considering everyone else seems to love them, I'd say that makes you a contrarian.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It's been 20 years since the GameCube released today. Praise be to the purple lunchbox!

I still have mine, and most of the games I played back then.

Spoiler

Just throwing out a music salute to the ancient era.😄

---

And, despite having 11 hours on the game so far, I've continued to unintentionally grind and drag along in Chapter 1 of BDII. I'm approaching mastery (barring any hidden 13th or even 14th job levels) of Black Mage and White Mage with one character each. I've almost mastered Monk on two characters as well, which is proving to be the best of the few physical classes I have at the moment, the only thing for which it lacks is any form of attack capable of hitting multiple targets. I can see it holding up at the end of the game without issue. 

The Bard class I obtained is nearly identical to Performer, a dedicated party-buff class, it seems rather weak, and I don't think I can appreciate its boosts this early into the game, it would've been better coming later when the numbers are bigger. Beastmaster is the one new job so , but a "captured monsters" mechanic seems gimmicky. Mow Down does give it a physical attack that can hit all enemies, but costing MP means I'd want to grind for the day/night MP restoration abilities from White/Black Mage to use them worry free. Looks like Thief is the next class to rob from this evil Russian-accented empire looming in the background, it might be good, given I remember it being useful in BD1 & BS.

Maybe I should turn up the difficulty from Normal now, but I'd think that'd make grunts too durable. That, and with limited class options still, the boss fights wouldn't be so fun.

RadFish's new game is coming along nicely. CrossCode took like nine years, this one will probably take half because experince+some reused assets, but i'm kinda amazed at how quickly they've gotten to this state. I remember when they were still just setting up an environment.

Gameplay looks to be the natural evolution of what CrossCode did (though i don't think it will have a focus on dungeon puzzles based on what i'm seeing from the projectile attack).

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow... Tales of Zestiria runs at 10 FPS... Thats just sad. 

What are you playing on that it runs at 10 FPS? Cause it did not run that low when i played it for a bit.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's been 20 years since the GameCube released today. Praise be to the purple lunchbox!

I still have mine, and most of the games I played back then.

Reveal hidden contents

Just throwing out a music salute to the ancient era.😄

🥳

Happy 20th to Ninty's best console.

Spoiler

Some of my favorites as well.

--------

Don't know when I'll play it, but couldn't pass up Vesperia for $12. As if I needed another JRPG in my backlog.

I had wanted to explore the series more after Arise anyway, so there's that.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Speaking of Tales and GameCube:

Spoiler

EJSvkgMWoAAqcP3.jpg

I think my platinum GC is the better color compared to this. Whose idea was it to paint a console with toothpaste?

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Happy 20th to Ninty's best console.

I think I'll have to concur. So many good memories.☺️

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't know when I'll play it, but couldn't pass up Vesperia for $12. As if I needed another JRPG in my backlog.

It happens, oh how I know it does.

Good luck whenever you get to it! It was the next Tales not Tempest and Innocence (both of which I see have fan translations, although Innocence R -the Vita overhaul of the DS original- has only begun to be fanslated) after Abyss, so things should be fairly similar in gameplay. 

Good ol' Gamecube. I never had one, but I did have a Wii, so I was able to play my share of Gamecube games. It was all right, but I find I personally made the most memories on the GBA, myself. Well, Nintendo PC's equivalent of a GBA, but it's really the same thing.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good luck whenever you get to it! It was the next Tales not Tempest and Innocence (both of which I see have fan translations, although Innocence R -the Vita overhaul of the DS original- has only begun to be fanslated) after Abyss, so things should be fairly similar in gameplay. 

Thanks. Good to know.

----------

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

What are you playing on that it runs at 10 FPS? Cause it did not run that low when i played it for a bit.

Its not on my end, its the games internal specs. Anything that moves around in the background moves at 10 FPS. Its a fact, not a mechanical issue on my side. I guess they thought it couldnt run 30, lmao.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Never got a Gamecube myself. There was a time I only had NGC games with my Wii, before getting actual Wii games, heh.

How about this one?:

1f64c7_df659fc6b49548bbb71722cc3c32c394~

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was all right, but I find I personally made the most memories on the GBA, myself. Well, Nintendo PC's equivalent of a GBA, but it's really the same thing.

That was as much of the memories as the GC for me. Childhood was purple-blue for me, along with a sizable dose of 64 black, 8/16 darker grey, portable yellow, and touching, e-motional white & grey.

I never really played much GameCube outside of emulation. But that's because I grew up with the Wii and 3DS.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Its not on my end, its the games internal specs. Anything that moves around in the background moves at 10 FPS. Its a fact, not a mechanical issue on my side. I guess they thought it couldnt run 30, lmao.

I deadass never noticed.

Tales of Arise bros, don't open this until after you've gotten to at least the start of the fifth castle (big spoilers)

Spoiler

Valter, i mean, Volhron kidnapping Shionne is when the game shows you that Alphen sucks without her. Not character-wise, i mean gameplay. Never realized how much this man is carried by the Blazing Sword until Shionne gets taken away. Also Dohalim is not as good as a healer as she is (at the very least, i haven't unlocked his heal AoE yet).

Thankfully Shionne comes back at the start of the castle so it's not like you spend too much time without her. I did basically blitz up to that moment tho so now i'm going back and doing other stuff. Not that i have much to do, i'm locked to this region until i'm done with whatever it is i need to do.