• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It's a video of combo-chaining through Another Force (a gimmick that lets the party relentlessly attack the enemy, but it's a bar that depletes, but your attacks refill it). Basically using Yuri is a good way for it. As shown in the video by pretty much reaching the damage display cap of total damage. Since he can help keep up the combo going. Eventually it will end since the cooldown for the unit actions will get larger and larger, but with the correct characters, you can make it last for quite some time.

Gambler gotten, only took me one try against the particular card player. Boss fight which followed was won with relative ease -albeit in part b/c I wanted to see how much of a hassle Gambler was and checked the Internet, and it mentioned the boss fight and tips for it. Probably won't seriously use this asterisk, because the risks outweigh the rewards, and it looks like it'll quickly burn through my cash. Still good to have it though and I'll grind up it later.

Final boss of the chapter sent me a game over. Being able to OHKO anyone with any attack and negate the effects of the defense command was bearable, all I had to do was keep reviving. It being drained of 2/3rds of its health and only then using a target-all attack twice in a row? Yeah, not so bearable. Nor being able to use said target-all attack when countering magic, something I hadn't seen the entirety of the rest of the fight. Retooling my two Black & White Mages to Bards with White Mage subclass to apply the defense buff to the max, managed to avoid OHKOs 90% of the time, and made 2xCrescent Moon just about survivable for everyone. Pressure Point has become my primary source of damage, it's not the fastest, but bypassing the enemy's Def stat makes it strong. Since I learned the immediately useful stuff from Thief for Seth and Adelle (getting double steals and rare steals will come later), I sent them Berserker to learn its good commands, despite seeing their Spd halved, which I will probably regret over sticking to Thief or Monk, but I'll bear with it for now to diversify their movesets.

Sounds like Chapter 2 ought to have more magical asterisks, which I'll take since this chapter was three physical ones, one supportive, and one that's a literal gamble. Although I'd take Ninja and Charioteer and resurrect my quad-katana-wielding electrified def-ignoring critical-hitting god that Tiz was in Bravely Second.

---

All the Tales talk makes me want to replay Graces, if only because I liked the Artes & CC system there. Or Xillia to see Jude's side of things. And yet, I sank enough time into both games despite not finishing Graces. (Maybe it would've been better had Xillia shown you both perspectives at once, letting you choose which to see first at certain moments, there aren't enough divergences to really justify two runs.) But JRPGs are lengthy ventures, and replays of them are rare for me.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All the Tales talk makes me want to replay Graces, if only because I liked the Artes & CC system there. Or Xillia to see Jude's side of things. And yet, I sank enough time into both games despite not finishing Graces. (Maybe it would've been better had Xillia shown you both perspectives at once, letting you choose which to see first at certain moments, there aren't enough divergences to really justify two runs.) But JRPGs are lengthy ventures, and replays of them are rare for me.

How about trying this RPG called Another Eden... has Tales content so it counts, right? 

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How about trying this RPG called Another Eden... has Tales content so it counts, right? 

I do have access to mobile devices obviously, but I'd rather wait until that much-desired that laptop rolls around, since it won't run on a Mac.

If I was willing to settle on silver/white over grey/black, I could have said laptop in a week. But, I'm so very bored with light colors.

Also, if Eden wants to rep Persona, give me Tatsuya.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do have access to mobile devices obviously, but I'd rather wait until that much-desired that laptop rolls around, since it won't run on a Mac.

If I was willing to settle on silver/white over grey/black, I could have said laptop in a week. But, I'm so very bored with light colors.

Also, if Eden wants to rep Persona, give me Tatsuya.

It's F2P. It has Gacha, but it plays more like an RPG. No Stamina System or the like, for starters.

Or is the laptop thing not about having the money for both?

I was definitely overreacting in my previous post, that boss fight was actually really fun. The problem was that I missed a chest with septium vein in it, which made it impossible for me to get earth wall (well, I could have with scent but I missed that one too), which makes the fight actually fun. I mean, I’m not saying you need earth wall to win… but you kind of do? You have Greil sphere but even with the solar band you won’t be able to use it often enough considering just how powerful the boss is. I didn’t even need to copy a strategy from online once I found out I could have gotten septum vein. My strategy was just to have Kevin spam earth wall (and use greil sphere when he could), have Ries spam la tear, have Tita wreak havoc after getting a strength boost from Julia’s attack orders and have Julia spam shadow spear when she didn’t need to be using attack orders since the boss was slightly weak to time. It worked quite well. I was definitely wrong about that boss, it was tons of fun after I got earth wall. I will honor Julia for her service by… benching her. Because beating that boss got me a crystal thing, and this one contained Joshua!

It’s so satisfying to see the conclusion of his character arc. He’s so nice now. And his new design fits this really well, although it lead to his full character art on the status screen being… unfortunate. The art just looks so dumb, everyone gets these cool and expressive poses and then you have Joshua just kinda standing there with a dopey expression.. Oh well, you can’t win ‘em all. I mean Julia is cool and all, but I only get 4 slots and 2 of them are forced anyway. I will definitely have lots of trouble deciding who to use later in the game because Estelle, Joshua and Kloe will all be vying for those two slots as well as

Spoiler

Renne and Richard, depending on how relevant to this game’s plot they are (because of so few slots I like to use whichever characters I feel are the most relevant to the plot, though since this is nightmare I might not have that option). And that didn’t really effect my choices in the last two games since, due to FC’s structure, all of the characters were about as equally relevant and that carried over to SC with the exception of Kevin being a bit more important than the rest of the characters you could chose to take along, hence me bringing him to the finale. In this game, though, I have the protagonists of the last game as well as Kevin now being the protagonist and this Ries chick who is definitely really important somehow, plus Renne who was important in the last game and Richard who was important in the first game. We’ll see when I get there, though.

And Joshua has over 1000 ATS once I give him all the ATS boosting stuff I have, just Joshua being Joshua.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:
Because in this i am a purist: wired headphones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wireless headphones.

But like, why? Does it really make a huge difference?

Edited by Sooks

ストーリーカスカス急展開でついていけない。
加えてオープニングから専門用語の応酬、応酬、応酬…
もっと共通言語で伝える努力をした方がいいと思います。意味不明な物は魅力的である必要がある事も理解して欲しい。中身の無いストーリーに意味の無い専門用語の付加価値を付けて更に興味を遠ざけている。

評判の戦闘システムこれも何年前から開発してたらこうなるんですか?20年前?って出来に思う。
ps2のスターオーシャン3の戦闘
これを何となく思い出した。当時はこれで良かったが今は20年後である(笑)
迫力は無いし、カメラワーク微妙、地上で切るか飛んで切るか、切り上げるか切り下げるか
この猿でも出来るシステムが流行るなら日本のゲーマーは終わってる。
ただ猿はゲームをすることは無いんです。

だからこんなチープなハリボテゲームの化けの皮なんかすぐ剥がれる。
露骨な課金煽りもその片鱗で製作者の口座に直接入金させようかの如くDLC!DLC!と画面に出て来る。中途半端なゲーム作って全力で課金煽りしてるからダメ
中身の無い殺し合いするゲームになりたいんですか?それならストーリー全部無しにして課金で強くなれるオンラインテイルズにしましょうよ。ゲーム会社なのに中途半端ですよゲーム。やる気無いならゲーム事業畳んで欲しい
売り方だけ一丁前で本当滑稽
このゲームが売れようが売れまいが世間でどう評価されようが
バンナムのゲームはもう2度とやらない
金儲け頑張って下さい。

...?

I can't keep up with the rapid development of the story.
In addition to that, from the opening, there was a lot of jargon exchanged, exchanged, exchanged...
I think you should make more of an effort to communicate in a common language. I also hope you understand that something that doesn't make sense needs to be attractive. It's a story with no substance, and the added value of meaningless jargon is further alienating interest.

The battle system, which has been getting a lot of praise, was developed how long ago? It's like a 20-year-old game.
The battle system of Star Ocean 3 on ps2
It reminded me of Star Ocean 3 on ps2. It was fine then, but now it's 20 years later.
It's not powerful, the camerawork is subtle, and it's all about cutting on the ground or flying, cutting up or cutting down.
If this system that even a monkey can play is popular, Japanese gamers are finished.
But monkeys don't play games.

That's why the skin of such a cheap and boring game will be peeled off soon.
The blatant incentive to charge is just one example. DLC!
Do you want to become a game where people kill each other without any content? If that's the case, why don't you just leave the storyline out of it and make it an online Tales game where you can get stronger by paying for it? You're a game company, but your games are half-baked. If you're not going to do it, I want you to shut down your game business.
I don't care if this game sells or not.
I don't care if this game sells well or not, or how it's received by the public.
I'll never play another BANNAM game again.
Please do your best to make money.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or is the laptop thing not about having the money for both?

I'd never spend money on any kind of gatcha, and I know AE is free to play.

It's purely a concern for laptop quality. A gaming laptop is at least $800 USD, but why settle for a configuration of: Intel i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 1650 GPU, and 256 GB of space? "Cheap" is still expensive. Gaming computers are going to age, and I'd like something that'd last a good deal of years to come, despite not being interested in any games that'd be super-demanding. Thus, I want above bare minimum specs, albeit still within a medium price range, and I'm excluding certain websites as possible vendors. And once I get it, SRW30 will be somewhere in the first ~5 games I purchase on Steam.

Also, I don't have a smartphone and share the tablets with family. I'd rather not hog them too much. So tossing it on my planned PC would be better.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It has begun.

Backlash against Tales of Arise?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

...?

Tales of Arise JP reviews.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Backlash against Tales of Arise?

Yes. This fanbase will become a shitshow from now on.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, Ghost_06_ said:

I can't wait until the oldies start saying the story and the cast suck and turn against the newbies who discovered the franchise through Arise. Always happens.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd never spend money on any kind of gatcha, and I know AE is free to play.

It's purely a concern for laptop quality. A gaming laptop is at least $800 USD, but why settle for a configuration of: Intel i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 1650 GPU, and 256 GB of space? "Cheap" is still expensive. Gaming computers are going to age, and I'd like something that'd last a good deal of years to come, despite not being interested in any games that'd be super-demanding. Thus, I want above bare minimum specs, albeit still within a medium price range, and I'm excluding certain websites as possible vendors. And once I get it, SRW30 will be somewhere in the first ~5 games I purchase on Steam.

Also, I don't have a smartphone and share the tablets with family. I'd rather not hog them too much. So tossing it on my planned PC would be better.

I see. Haha, I was starting to think you were referring to lack of a phone.

Oh yes, I can get that. My laptop is also becoming quite lacking as of late, but well, I'm currently stuck with no money I can use to buy a newer better one. And my job hunting prospects are still coming quite dry. That said, I already have the money set aside for SRW 30, hehe. I could buy it... but since it's mostly in cash, I need the opportunity to either print a receipt to pay through a local store, or move my money to my bank account.

Well, good luck in your PC hunting endeavors.

I think there are android emulators for Mac. Or you think it's not up in specs for one?

総合
体験版はプレイしてませんが、実況動画を見て愕然としました。体験版と製品版の内容の差が詐欺なみに酷いです。
ここまで体験版をプレイしてなくて良かったと感じたゲームは他にありません。

物語
とにかく暗い。テンポも悪く、PTはかつてないほどギッスギスPT。切磋琢磨と言えば聞こえはいいかもしれませんが、そんなレベルではないです。

グラフィック
20年前のポリゴンでも使ってるのかな?レベルで張りぼてです。こんなに中途半端な3Dにする位なら素直に全シーンアニメーションの方が素晴らしい出来だったと思います。

戦闘
アクションが苦手なので、難易度は1番低くしてプレイ。コンボは繋げやすく、ザコ敵位ならば苦労せず爽快感もある仕上がり。ただし、他キャラへのプレイ指示がほぼ出せないので連携感はあまりありません。

システム
ファンがとにかくうるさく壊れないか心配になるレベルです。
キャラが休憩する為の焚き火はMMOでしたっけ??ってレベルでキャラのスキンアイテム(課金アイテム)を勧められます。
キー配置(戦闘用のキーコンフィグは変更できます)も最悪で、指が覚えるまで何度も何度も押し間違えました。

個人的にはテイルズ史上最悪の出来でした。
こんな状態のテイルズシリーズが今後発売されるなら、もう二度とテイルズシリーズは買いません。本当に残念でなりません。

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It’d be nice if fans of anything could be happy with something for, idk, five minutes. Maybe longer?

Cycle never stops, I suppose.

It's always like this: company decides to change the formula so as not to become stale and attract new players --------> players who were already used to the old ways are pissed off at the new direction and want the series that they liked it back --------> newbies who became interested in the franchise for the changes want the series to continue to follow this path --------> these two groups want to kill each other.

This is especially bad in long-running franchises like Fire Emblem, but it also happens when the franchise is as new as it was in the case of Resident Evil 4.

At least translate the reviews before posting them.

Overall
I didn't play the demo version, but I was shocked when I saw the live video. The difference in content between the demo and the full version is as bad as a scam.
I'm glad I didn't play the demo version, because I don't think I've ever played a game that made me feel that way.

The story
The story is dark. The tempo is slow, the PT is more grueling than ever, and the friendly competition may sound good, but it's not even close.

Graphics
Are they using polygons from 20 years ago? It's all a bit tacky. I think it would have been better to have animated all the scenes instead of using such half-baked 3D.

Combat
I'm not very good at action, so I played the game with the difficulty level set to the lowest. The combos are easy to connect, and if you're up against small enemies, you won't have any trouble and you'll feel exhilarated. However, since you can't give play orders to other characters, there isn't much of a sense of coordination.

System
The fans are so noisy that I'm worried they'll break.
There are no bonfires for your character to take a break. You'll be asked to buy skin items for your character.
The key layout (you can change the key configuration for combat) is also terrible, and I had to press the wrong keys over and over again until my fingers learned.

Personally, this was the worst Tales game ever.
If this is the state of the Tales series in the future, I will never buy another Tales series again. It's a real shame.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

At least translate the reviews before posting them.

But if I do that, how will they know where the reviews are coming from? /s

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think there are android emulators for Mac. Or you think it's not up in specs for one?

Not gonna bother with that. Too complicated. I'll wait, I can wait.

25 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yes. This fanbase will become a shitshow from now on.

Ehhhhh it'll join the club. Can't be as bad as Smash or Sonic. As long as the cycle of self-destruction is kept to words and nothing more, humanity will be fine. Video games fortunately should not see it escalated to 🔫 🔥💣☢️ .

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's always like this: company decides to change the formula so as not to become stale and attract new players --------> players who were already used to the old ways are pissed off at the new direction and want the series that they liked it back --------> newbies who became interested in the franchise for the changes want the series to continue to follow this path --------> these two groups want to kill each other.

>Until the older party accepts that change is inevitable in existence, and that suffering is caused by attachment to what people desire to be permanent. Surrender one's attachments and move on in the moment of one's existence.🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️☸️ (Wait, there isn't a pagoda or stupa emoji? Religious flop.)

Well, maybe the elders won't come to Buddhist conclusions. But, as people move on in life, most will eventually hopefully see a bigger picture and simply move on from petty obsessions. At the least, they'll be able to cling to the good memories of old. I think that had to have happened with a bunch of Kagacolytes, GBAdvocates and Telliusupremacists when Awakening and Fates rolled around.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

But if I do that, how will they know where the reviews are coming from? /s

Just say "Harsh Japanese reviews of Arise, translated", or something.

If change is inevitable, then inevitably we'll just return to the same point with enough time.

Like the humble Gespenst that kept evolving into the perfect form. Upon reaching its XN-Geist form, considered the pinnacle of its evolution and its perfect form, it evolved one more time... back to the humble Gespenst.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

If change is inevitable, then inevitably we'll just return to the same point with enough time.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like the humble Gespenst that kept evolving into the perfect form. Upon reaching its XN-Geist form, it evolved one more time... back to the humble Gespenst.

As anyone who truly understands evolution knows, there is no "pinnacle" of evolution. Evolution is fittest adaptation to the given conditions, therefore, so as long as the world shall change, evolution shall continue. Lasting attachment to what one ever is, is foolishness. One must be willing to see their limbs severed one by one and be reborn as a five-eyed monster if it comes it to.

And then I looked up what XN Geist looks like, only to later discover Banpresto had later created the very similar looking XN-L in The Great Battle 2, and used it for Moon Dwellers's final boss. Leaves me curious if Gilliam said anything about it. I should check. I don't think I'd particularly want XN-Geist rebuilt now.