Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Haha, true. But my point is that change always has the chance of meaning reversion to a previous state. Just like how the XN-Geist deemed that its best next path was to return to being the original Gespenst. So, nothing says Tales won't find the need to go back to its roots, so to speak. Where it's now the newbies finding enjoyment of stuff like the LMBS system, with the 'veterans' crying the battle system is being changed.

Change is inevitable, but sometimes it's a cycle.

Just like how St. Petersburg was renamed Petrograd, then Leningrad, then back to St. Petersburg.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

September 15, the arrest of Viceroy José de Iturrigaray.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_de_Iturrigaray

The Napoleonic takeover of Spain in 1808 had sent its colonial empire in turmoil. Several Juntas were appointed as makeshift governance. With the motherland conquered, many wondered what would be the next course of action. Some still pledged loyalty to the deposed regime, but others... others began to consider if perhaps the time was to part ways with it.

For Mexico, or rather New Spain, it was no different. Many men, chiefly the Criollos, began to consider that perhaps the time had come for the Viceroyalty to embrace the fact that Spain was in no shape to rule over them, and thus, it was best to seek autonomy, become a full-fledged country of its own. They wanted the current Viceroy, Iturrigaray, to become the leader of said nation. The Viceroy found appeal with the idea, and helped plan to make this possible. The Audiencia Real, however, was still quite loyal to the deposed King of Spain, Fernando VII, and thus saw this movement as a threat and began to make plans of their own with the other loyalists. Thus the day of September 15 1808 they made their move and arrested the Viceroy. They tried to paint him as a heretic and that he laundered money, in an effort to make his arrest legitimate. Most of the other movement heads were imprisoned. Iturrigaray was sent back to Spain to stand trial, was deemed non guilty but still had to pay a large fine. He still lost the position, as the Audiencia appointed a loyalist as replacement.

The desire of Independence rose and died in the same year... but the idea had already sprouted once. It would be only a matter of time before it would do so again. And again it did, two years later...

Thus, the events of that 15th of September were the peak of an independence movement that became the prelude of what was to come in the 1810's...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Everyone's celebrating this but i just wish the Pro Controller had built-in headphone jack.

Because in this i am a purist: wired headphones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wireless headphones.

I mean, I get it. It would be nice to have a jack for when the Switch is docked (how rarely I do that is irrelevant), but at least bluetooth finally exists.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

September 15, the arrest of Viceroy José de Iturrigaray.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_de_Iturrigaray

The Napoleonic takeover of Spain in 1808 had sent its colonial empire in turmoil. Several Juntas were appointed as makeshift governance. With the motherland conquered, many wondered what would be the next course of action. Some still pledged loyalty to the deposed regime, but others... others began to consider if perhaps the time was to part ways with it.

For Mexico, or rather New Spain, it was no different. Many men, chiefly the Criollos, began to consider that perhaps the time had come for the Viceroyalty to embrace the fact that Spain was in no shape to rule over them, and thus, it was best to seek autonomy, become a full-fledged country of its own. They wanted the current Viceroy, Iturrigaray, to become the leader of said nation. The Viceroy found appeal with the idea, and helped plan to make this possible. The Audiencia Real, however, was still quite loyal to the deposed King of Spain, Fernando VII, and thus saw this movement as a threat and began to make plans of their own with the other loyalists. Thus the day of September 15 1808 they made their move and arrested the Viceroy. They tried to paint him as a heretic and that he laundered money, in an effort to make his arrest legitimate. Most of the other movement heads were imprisoned. Iturrigaray was sent back to Spain to stand trial, was deemed non guilty but still had to pay a large fine. He still lost the position, as the Audiencia appointed a loyalist as replacement.

The desire of Independence rose and died in the same year... but the idea had already sprouted once. It would be only a matter of time before it would do so again. And again it did, two years later...

Thus, the events of that 15th of September were the peak of an independence movement that became the prelude of what was to come in the 1810's...

So the date was the quelling of the plans to establish a nation led by the Viceroy. Failed movements can tend to have appeal of their own and something like this which might have done so with little violence (at least from what I've briefly read) are notable for that. Is this movement seen positively from a historical perspective, or am I seeing too little here?

Also, I'm going to a housing event. No, this is not Three Houses related. I'm off.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Play Xenoblade.

Make me.

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

cat

I like how everyone's talking about this Tales of Arise game and then there's you just randomly sharing a lewd.

Classic 06.

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's always like this: company decides to change the formula so as not to become stale and attract new players --------> players who were already used to the old ways are pissed off at the new direction and want the series that they liked it back --------> newbies who became interested in the franchise for the changes want the series to continue to follow this path --------> these two groups want to kill each other.

This is especially bad in long-running franchises like Fire Emblem, but it also happens when the franchise is as new as it was in the case of Resident Evil 4.

Franchises were a mistake. Let's implement a limit of two or three games per brand name. Then when change comes, it's not perceived as "change" but rather a whole new franchise to explore. Easy fix. Unfortunately, brand names make money.

15 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

shit.png

Are you kidding me, Takumi?

Is that what an average Takumi looks like?

Huh. Maybe I overestimated the royals. Skill aside, that's pretty mediocre for a level 8 promoted unit.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is that what an average Takumi looks like?

Huh. Maybe I overestimated the royals. Skill aside, that's pretty mediocre for a level 8 promoted unit.

He's gained one point in Strength in 7 levels, so I think he's screwed.

Well, there we go. I finally reached the second spoiler that I'd known since before I started Great Ace Attorney. What a shame. I don't believe I would've seen it coming. Good thing I don't know any more details. Plenty of surprises to be had yet, I'm sure.

EDIT: Yep, it's been a single minute and already it's back to catching me completely off guard. I love this duology.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It's always like this: company decides to change the formula so as not to become stale and attract new players --------> players who were already used to the old ways are pissed off at the new direction and want the series that they liked it back --------> newbies who became interested in the franchise for the changes want the series to continue to follow this path --------> these two groups want to kill each other.

This kinda largely depends on how good (X) system is at base. Not everything is simply "Shitting" on a game, some things are just issues that can't be ignored. (not saying that's true in this case, but it happens all the time)

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

But like, why? Does it really make a huge difference?

One works without batteries, the other needs to be charged every few hours.

One is simply plugged into the device, the other requires you to go into the settings and then find the Bluetooth button and then activate it and then you have to pray it actually syncs because Bluetooth is a bitch sometimes and it's simply not worth it.

And then there's the part where the newbie group usually wins because the boomer group is in the minority.

This even happened with Fire Emblem, whose fanbase was an absolute shitshow just a few years ago because of Fates.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There are no bonfires for your character to take a break. You'll be asked to buy skin items for your character.

I don't think this JP guy actually played the game.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't be as bad as Smash or Sonic.

Honestly Sonic has reached some sort of zenith. Bad fanbase which constantly gets subpar games, it's like the perfect (bad) mix.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make me.

ThankfulDazzlingJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif

The Great Ace Attorney is actually a Xenoblade game.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Now that i'm at my PC: Here is Tales of Zestiria's specs in game:

ef3340e275eff81f8173fbdaf5a44ca9.png

These numbers are totally unacceptable imo. Nothing in the PS3 era should run at 10 FPS.

Are those drop-down menus I'm seeing? Cause it could just be 10 is the default.

Edited by Armagon

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The rare actually good Kaga game then.

Uhhh... Yes. Let's say it is. I haven't played it, after all. I could only argue about the character designs, and I don't think anybody wants to hear that. So let's say it is and move on to other matters. Like me not playing Xenoblade.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Now that i'm at my PC: Here is Tales of Zestiria's specs in game:

ef3340e275eff81f8173fbdaf5a44ca9.png

These numbers are totally unacceptable imo. Nothing in the PS3 era should run at 10 FPS.

Tales of Powerpoint.

I mean, PS3 era? Forget about that, when has any game ever ran at 10 FPS? By itself, I mean, without taking the hardware into account. It does seem like those are options on a menu, but... I find it pretty funny that you can set the game to "potato laptop from the early 2000s" on purpose. Why would you even want to do that...?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are those drop-down menus I'm seeing? Cause it could just be 10 is the default.

This is a hook that i'm running actually. You can't change their FPS without mods.

Here: for a bigger idea of what i mean: 

6ecce22d86d08bdd0e90962464751d90.png

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, PS3 era? Forget about that, when has any game ever ran at 10 FPS? By itself, I mean, without taking the hardware into account. It does seem like those are options on a menu, but... I find it pretty funny that you can set the game to "potato laptop from the early 2000s" on purpose. Why would you even want to do that...?

See the above picture, it's a mod i'm running to raise the FPS, not to mention you can see the graphics tab there? Those are shit as well.

Edit: Those are it's base specs, nothing edited at all yet.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

This is a hook that i'm running actually. You can't change their FPS without mods.

Ahhhhhh.

Yeah imma be honest, I never noticed that the game runs in 10 FPS at all. But maybe that's why it felt slower than Berseria.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ahhhhhh.

Yeah imma be honest, I never noticed that the game runs in 10 FPS at all. But maybe that's why it felt slower than Berseria.

Berseria is for sure faster, no doubts. Seriously though, the field runs at 10 FPS? Idk how that was even okay to the devs, lmao.