• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, you're gonna play that too? That's neat.

Once y'all get to it. It's on gamepass, fortunately for me!

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hopefully you're at least able to stand up without too much pain Benice.

My feet do be pretty sore, but I haven't felt this good in months otherwise!

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

7ad3xvs.jpg

The most powerful Armor

Atleast it's not Bikini Armor

Well, it is a wedding dress, they were probably going for a power of love type theme.

Reminds me how Phantasia had Bridal Gloves as the best arm equipment for Mint. It only had the second highest defense of what she could equip, but a large Lck boost and more elemental resistances than the highest-Def equip she could use. And if Dragon Quest has taught me anything, is that equipment effects are more often better than their raw stats.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, it is a wedding dress, they were probably going for a power of love type theme.

I thought you of all of us would comment on the dress filling the wearer with determination.

I miss summer evenings already and it's not even the autumn equinox yet. Winter really is coming huh?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Game why are you so fumbling so hard at the end why

Spoiler

Wdym you don't like generic edgy villain showing up after the final battle for literally no reason?

Don't like playing BDII today, I've finished Chapter 2 and after playing only it for a few days, I'll get back to Samurai Warriors 5 instead. Crosscode will come up when I'm eventually in the mood for puzzles.

But, right now I'm trying to quickly read up on the driving exam I might have to retake in a few days b/c someone let my permit expire and it took like a month for an appointment to open up to reapply for one. I don't know if I'll be able to retake the exam there on the spot, but, I've kinda shirked the flipping over the manual for the past month.😅

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

With Tales of Arise done, I don't really wanna play another big RPG right now with Metroid Dread being three weeks away so imma just finish up the remainder of Atelier Firis' post-game and then I'll see what to do from there.

Just throwing it out, maybe a "small" RPG? I was thinking Soma Bringer, since you said you wanted to get to it at some point. The plot exists, but it isn't heavy, and action RPGs are lighter faire than other forms of the genre. Picking it up and dropping when you get distracted by other things wouldn't result in excessive disconnect of narrative or gameplay I'd think. 

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And if Dragon Quest has taught me anything, is that equipment effects are more often better than their raw stats.

IIRC, in DQVIII at least, possibly other games well, it's something like 4 Def = 1 less damage taken. Or was it 4 Resilience? All that I remember for certain is that the Ruby of Protection might as well say "SELL ME!" due to how useless it is.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I miss summer evenings already and it's not even the autumn equinox yet. Winter really is coming huh?

Strap a few motorboat engines to Ireland and propel it to the equator. The closer one is to the equator, the more even the day-night cycle is year round.

I remember one of my professors said their wife's favorite day of the year was the winter solstice, because every day afterwards would only become a little brighter, -until the summer solstice. I can do without warmth more than I can without sunlight I think. Sunlight makes me feel happier.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Game why are you so fumbling so hard at the end why

Considering your thoughts on Ys VIII, I'm taking it this is a serious point deduction?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IIRC, in DQVIII at least, possibly other games well, it's something like 4 Def = 1 less damage taken. Or was it 4 Resilience? All that I remember for certain is that the Ruby of Protection might as well say "SELL ME!" due to how useless it is.

I think it's most games of the era (including the remakes). Don't know about before or after with XI. But that formula is certainly a standard.

But yeah, the stat formulas will play a hand on deciding that factor.

---

On the other subject of other RPG's... do I bring that quote up again?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Strap a few motorboat engines to Ireland and propel it to the equator. The closer one is to the equator, the more even the day-night cycle is year round.

I remember one of my professors said their wife's favorite day of the year was the winter solstice, because every day afterwards would only become a little brighter, -until the summer solstice. I can do without warmth more than I can without sunlight I think. Sunlight makes me feel happier.

Alas, I don't think that'll do enough to solve the issue as for me it's the sun setting later on that I have a fondness for that just won't occur near the equator. More to the point, it's dark at 9pm now, not like things will improve later on (This is not helped by much of the western horizon being blocked by elevation here admittedly). Guess I just really like summer here. (And bringing up this is probably better than complaining about politics few will know about)

While true, the encroaching darkness can be a bit much for some coming up to it. It's not like I've never thought that either, much as winter can end up feeling bleak out here.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just throwing it out, maybe a "small" RPG? I was thinking Soma Bringer, since you said you wanted to get to it at some point. The plot exists, but it isn't heavy, and action RPGs are lighter faire than other forms of the genre. Picking it up and dropping when you get distracted by other things wouldn't result in excessive disconnect of narrative or gameplay I'd think. 

Honestly, that's exactly how i've been playing Atelier Firis this whole time. Soma Bringer is on the list of course but like, i started Atelier Firis like the first week of June and 

Screenshot_5952.png

Screenshot_5953.png?width=568&height=432

Screenshot_5954.png

Screenshot_5955.png

I've played and beaten so many games since then while Atelier Firis remains unfinished. And i'd like to fix that.

Spoiler

Om6cskt.jpg

That's just precious

and with that, Arise finished. Post game still to do tho and it's quite big. Some of them may even cover some lore questions i have.

7/10. I think. 

Some super fast thoughts:

Gameplay - Good, and generally an improvement over Berseria, but it brought a few new problems with it. Really needed some way to cancel animations. Fav. Gameplay Character: Rinwell

Characters - Good-ish. I really enjoyed the interactions alot, but found most character arcs pretty weak. Quite a downgrade from Berseria. Mc-kun is honestly a standard shounen MC, just older. Fav. Character: Dohalim.

Story - Average and standard jrpg. Massive downgrade from Berseria here, especially the Villains. Also half the reveals in the end where like ''Why?''. Or to be more exact, one half of the reveals reminded me of XBC1, which i super hated the ending of, while the other reminded me of XBC2, which  i loved. Lol. 

Music - Tales with banger Music :O. And not just one or two tracks, but the whole thing.

Artstyle - Beautiful, just beautiful. Reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles and i loved that.

Still need to sort out my thoughts more and write a detailed review later tho

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wdym you don't like generic edgy villain showing up after the final battle for literally no reason?

Spoiler

I was much more annoyed by the shounen speech tbh.

If it would've lead to Shionne's Death i would've been super pissed off actually. But then the deus ex machina thing happened.

Still super annoyed at the ''Save Rena'' thing tho

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering your thoughts on Ys VIII, I'm taking it this is a serious point deduction?

nah. Unlike Ys 8 where i thought ''this is a perfect game'' until the last bit, i have quite a few problems with Arise. Not to mention the fumbling wasn't as bad as Ys 8 imo.

Edited by Shrimperor

Rate my V, Teehee

https://images2.imgbox.com/a9/4b/YUBclsMD_o.png

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, it's that game the internet told me isn't good!

Imagine caring about opinions from randos

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Inb4 I get the worst ending in Dragon Age Origins while Sooks and Ruben get the true ending.

Don't worry, there's no bad ending! Unless you want to see it as a bad ending, of course

Edited by Ghost_06_

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great prank, Berwick Saga. I'm really laughing. That was good.

So you see, I'm playing chapter 6-main, and the one dude you have to capture showed up. Everything perfectly normal up to this point. Except in his first turn, the kid charged Daoud (for extra irony, I suppose) and hit him so hard that... well, he only dealt 3 damage, but his spear broke. You know, on the first strike. Thanks, RNG durability.

Finding himself unarmed, the boy proceeded to turn on his heel and escape the map the way he came. Rendering me unable to capture him in this map, of course.

This fucking game, I swear. I love you, Berwick, but... Damn.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Rate my V, Teehee

https://images2.imgbox.com/a9/4b/YUBclsMD_o.png

I like the glasses-shaped scar. I suppose she was the sort of person who smugly pushed her glasses upward each time she made what she believed to be a witty remark. In one such occasion the target of the remark punched her and drove the glasses into her eyes. Fortunately her eyes survived the ordeal, but unfortunately, the glasses's frame was super hard.

Either that or she just pushed them up too harshly one time. She's a klutz like that.

Imagine caring about opinions from randos

...I feel like you quoted the wrong part of my post there, because I'm pretty sure I haven't had any randos tell me that I should or shouldn't engage in the act of awkwardly animated penetration.

Don't worry, there's no bad ending! Unless you want to see it as a bad ending, of course

I will make all the wrong choices. Rest assured of that. Probably. If I get invested I might feel too bad to pick the wrong choices.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I feel like you quoted the wrong part of my post there, because I'm pretty sure I haven't had any randos tell me that I should or shouldn't engage in the act of awkwardly animated penetration.

Yep, my bad. I was talking about Cyberpunk. Fixed now.

I like the glasses-shaped scar. I suppose she was the sort of person who smugly pushed her glasses upward each time she made what she believed to be a witty remark. In one such occasion the target of the remark punched her and drove the glasses into her eyes. Fortunately her eyes survived the ordeal, but unfortunately, the glasses's frame was super hard.

Either that or she just pushed them up too harshly one time. She's a klutz like that.

It's actually prosthetics.

I will make all the wrong choices. Rest assured of that. Probably. If I get invested I might feel too bad to pick the wrong choices.

Play dwarf.

Edited by Ghost_06_

Both parties in chapter 3 will have access to anything in the inventory that isn’t equipped on any characters in the other party, right? I bought Ries’ gang deathblow preventing stuff and then forgot to equip it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Both parties in chapter 3 will have access to anything in the inventory that isn’t equipped on any characters in the other party, right? I bought Ries’ gang deathblow preventing stuff and then forgot to equip it.

yeah iirc

21 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yep, my bad. I was talking about Cyberpunk. Fixed now.

I figured. Well, it's quite true. If I had listened to the randos I wouldn't have tried Fates and loved it, for example!

...Then again, I did spend years refusing to give it a fair shot for exactly that reason, didn't I... In fact, wasn't it like the second-to-last FE I played? Talk about leaving the best for last.

Well, the last last was Awakening, but... Eh, that was "the best" in it's own way, too. I don't think I've ever played a game that I considered so thoroughly awful in every conceivable way that somehow managed to make me have so much fun anyway. I almost feel bad putting it below RD, the latter half of RD was torture while I barely registered the latter half of Awakening lol.

It's actually prosthetics.

Yes, well, I like my headcanon better.

Play dwarf.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

We'll see. Knowing you, you're trying to manipulate me into going through the hentai route.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But S is 13 whole letters behind yet it's best

Yes, but S stands for "shit", which according to that one RPG I played once, is the same as @lightcosmo. Lightcosmo is as we know pretty rad, therefore S is a good thing to be. R is the first letter of my name, and I am as we know bad and ugly, therefore R is not a good thing and it means you hate Arise. Arise, more like Erase this game from existence plz.

Am I forgiven for that thing yet Cosmo

Edited by Saint Rubenio