Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

When Miyamoto showed up, I thought he was going to reveal Pikmin 4. Such a tease... Jack Black as Bowser is hype though. And even Cranky Kong will be in it? Now I have to see it unironically.

I wonder which is more unexpected, Chris Pratt being in a Nintendo Direct or Banjo-Kazooie being shown so offhandedly? Port Viva Piñata already you cowards!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SAME SEX RF5 MARRIAGE?!!!!!!!!

Me if true:

200.webp

That wasn't in the Japanese version. Thankies for taking your time to add it Marvelous!

Inb4 it's again a best friends ceremony in Japan.

Now I wonder about the PC port of RF4S. Also room for similar tweaks in there?

I did the usual stream of consciousness in the direct thread. Personally Triangle Strategy getting a date, 3D Kirby, Actraiser and Disco Elysium alongside the ending segments were enough to make it actually solid for me. NSO though was a bummer in how middling the whole thing is. Frankly they should open the floodgates on releases imo.

@Acacia SgtI'd be willing to make an offering for Terranigma to get another chance.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure @Armagon was greatly disappointed.

And then they went and had Bayo 4th wall break with the "Sorry I'm fashionably late" quip. 

I noticed the Platinum advertisement on the building, so I know it had to be something of from them, but I wasn't sure if it was Bayo or not until she showed up. I don't play Platinum games, because I suck at intense, difficult action games and I feel playing on Easy would be shameful and not worth the purchase. But damn does that lady have style. Her new hairdo might be too hairy and messy for some, but I'm fine with it.

I was worried it's be a gritty TMS sequel for a moment.

Then thought it was AC 2.

A real rollercoaster for a minute.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…Like how I was a veteran of the great Saltiron War?

Another salt war begins today.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Mainline FE wishes it could have a cast of characters as good as TMS lol gottem.

you mean the idol waifubait?

It was an 'aight Direct.

3D Kirby actually looks heccin fun.

Chocobo cart is cute.

N64 online is nice, but I'm curious as to what the pricing will be.

Anything else I already knew about, so...

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd be willing to make an offering for Terranigma to get another chance.

The only worry I'd have is that Actraiser may be the only game SE could release. Quintet went under or AWOL in 2008, and the legal status of their games are in limbo. Enix used to be their publisher, and SE put Actraiser on the Wii VC back in 2007, thus a renewal of that contract which is now held in perpetuity since there's no longer a Quintet to give it back. So it may be the only game it could see the (official) light of day again from Quintet's repertoire.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Great, I got worried for nothing. Now what am I supposed to do with all this napalm? Oh and to the idea of TMS getting a gritty sequel, to that I say:

Edited by WraithReborn

I am.....in a state of absolute shock......after seeing motherfucking Chris Pratt as Mario and Jack Black as Bowser. God i wish you guys could've heard me when the news came up cause i don't think i've ever felt more alive but in a way that i didn't want. I can't describe this feeling. Nothing feels real. 

And Charles Martinet being reduced to a cameo role, that's genuinely fucked up.

...this is a movie to get drunk on.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SAME SEX RF5 MARRIAGE?!!!!!!!!

Me if true:

200.webp

That wasn't in the Japanese version. Thankies for taking your time to add it Marvelous!

Yeah

FAAOYEHVcAs7GWF?format=jpg&name=large

This is very explicitly gay. Adding mechanics and whatnot to a localization is not a new concept so i can totally buy Xseed doing this.

I just need confirmation that the scene above was not in the JP version. Gay marriage doesn't affect me personally but i'm glad for those who want it are getting it.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure @Armagon was greatly disappointed.

I was still in shock over Chris Pratt as Mario so honestly, i couldn't process anything.

Bayo 3 is neat tho. Looks a little rough but i'm sure it'll be fine by release.

Anyways Kirby's long-awaited transition into true 3D (Air Ride is different) is finally here, hopefully it's not fetus-mode easy. Probably the biggest thing i liked about the Direct that was new. Imma be honest, when it opened with MHRIse DLC, i knew this Direct wasn't gonna go anywhere.

...........i wish it didn't go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Quintent went under or AWOL in 2008, and the legal status of their games are in limbo. Enix used to be their publisher, and SE put Actraiser on the Wii VC back in 2007, thus a renewal of that contract which is now held in perpetuity since there's no longer a Quintet to give it back. So it may be the only game it could see the (official) light of day again from Quintet's repertoire.

I wonder what about it is particularly troublesome, such as it's a case of the publishing rights not passing to SE despite Enix being part of the merger and the specific contracts can't be so easily altered especially with the devs gone.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Great, I got worried for nothing. Now what am I supposed to do with all this napalm. Oh and to the idea of TMS getting a gritty sequel, to that I say:

Yeah, I have to agree there.

If for somewhat different reasons.

Also good night. I guess your sleep won't be so troubled with TMS seemingly not coming back from the dead.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I am.....in a state of absolute shock......after seeing motherfucking Chris Pratt as Mario and Jack Black as Bowser. God i wish you guys could've heard me when the news came up cause i don't think i've ever felt more alive but in a way that i didn't want. I can't describe this feeling. Nothing feels real. 

Maybe I could tolerate JB as Bowser, but Pratt as Mario is just so wrong. So, so wrong.

And yeah, Martinet getting done dirty too on top of that just sucks. This being Illumination, that's not exactly the best sign for the movie to begin with and these casting choices.... I wonder who did what because I bet there's some real salt there too.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I heard this one in a hack once. I could've sworn it's Castlevania music, for... Reasons that should be immediately obvious.

Well, the composer did worked with Portrait of Ruin.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I wonder what about it is particularly troublesome, such as it's a case of the publishing rights not passing to SE despite Enix being part of the merger and the specific contracts can't be so easily altered especially with the devs gone.

If the publishing rights were per-game and not overall, then it's likely those rights expired. Maybe SE had to specifically renew the Actraiser one, and thus is the only one active. Since now they can't ask Quintet to renew the rest. Maybe there were plans, but the company was gone not long after.

But well, we'll have to see in the future what happens.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I heard this one in a hack once. I could've sworn it's Castlevania music, for... Reasons that should be immediately obvious.

yeah i think it was in a certain famous and actually good hack...

that i will not mention here due to... reasons

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah i think it was in a certain famous and actually good hack...

Well, it had its issues, but it was good.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

that i will not mention here due to... reasons

...them being? I can't say I understand. Are we talking about the same hack here?

Direct Highlights for me:

Bayo 3 - Platinum always delievers

Actraiser - This looks hella cool. How did i never hear of the game before? Especially weird because i know the soundtrack lol. Also Yuzo Koshiro Arranges is hypeeeeeeee

Mario Party - Aside from Woody Woods, i really like their choice of boards

Kirbyblade Chronicles Odyssey - Aslong as it isn't super easy, but will be keeping my eye on this

Triangle Strategy - if they fixed my problems with it i am in!

Chris Pratt Mario - Lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo

RF 5 - will keep my eye on this. Doubt will get it full price or day 1 tho

Overall, despite a bunch big hopes being absent, this Direct wasn't all that bad to me. Good variety of titles, good variety of release dates. I'm happy they left Smash out of it for its own event.

Oh, and for the tiniest moment, I held out hope that BK3/HD Collection was happening, but I knew the back of the cards weren't right at all.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inb4 it's again a best friends ceremony in Japan.

That's fine, you don't want to kill Grandma Hiroko with a heart attack by telling her what Aunt Chiaki's "friend" Hitomi really is.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

ACTRAISER REMASTER!?

I've heard of the novelty of the game, I think I'd give it a buy on sale. Could be some inexpensive fun.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

F Zero Hopes confirmed?

I wouldn't go as far as a new F-Zero yet. I'd go no further than hope for a GX & AX remaster, and even that is a stretch. 

It'd be lovely if the emulation came with the 64DD additions outside of Japan. That'd be new. 

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd take it. All it'd mean is more SMT in the formula, and I'd be fine with that. As long as we get more FE woven in too. 

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

3D Kirby platforming.

It finally happened.

I'm kinda here for it.

I'm ABSOLUTELY here for it!

I love Kirby, but the formula was getting stagnant after Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra, Returns to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies. I wanted them to shake it up.

Super Kirby 3D World looks like a good approach to me. It changes things up, using a prior Nintendo game as a base, yet reduces the risk of a horrendously failed 3D transition. The choice of a pseudo-post-humanity Earth is Shiver Star different, I think I approve of it.

This will be a must-buy for me, unless the reviews indicate it's garbo. But Kirby rarely ventures into that territory.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Castlevania GBA collection is €20.

I was expecting worse.

It's $20 USD here. Each of the three GBA games individually is $8 on the Wii U eShop. The collection is not a bad deal. Plus you get a shoddy fourth bonus game. Although individually Harmony of Dissonance is rather bad, Circle of the Moon is odd and sorta lacking, and Aria of Sorrow is the lone title usually considered "great".

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just need confirmation that the scene above was not in the JP version.

Of the game or the Direct? Reading the one forums at Fogu tells me the above cutscene is new.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How old is he? Maybe he wanted to rest his voice?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

That's fine, you don't want to kill Grandma Hiroko with a heart attack by telling her what Aunt Chiaki's "friend" Hitomi really is.

I'm actually getting a little laugh at this whole thing since between yesterday and today, two states in my country just approved same-sex marriage.

I've heard of the novelty of the game, I think I'd give it a buy on sale. Could be some inexpensive fun.

Good thing it's also on Steam, so I'm not bothered on no Switch.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't go as far as a new F-Zero yet. I'd go no further than hope for a GX & AX remaster, and even that is a stretch. 

It was a joke to the fact F-Zero is among the N64 games going to Switch Online.

Of the game or the Direct? Reading the one forums at Fogu tells me the above cutscene is new.

The game. And here's our anwser straight from Xseed themselves: https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/

JP RF5 gets gay marriage in an upcoming patch, localization will have it at launch.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How old is he? Maybe he wanted to rest his voice?

He's 66. If he wanted to rest his voice, that's one thing but he's very passionate about the roles and it just feels wrong reducing him to a cameo.

This has a bigger fundamental problem when it comes to animated movies and shows in the West: studios keep choosing celebraity live-action actors to voice act because, much like animation itself, voice acting isn't seen as "real acting" by some people.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's $20 USD here. Each of the three GBA games individually is $8 on the Wii U eShop. The collection is not a bad deal. Plus you get a shoddy fourth bonus game. Although individually Harmony of Dissonance is rather bad, Circle of the Moon is odd and sorta lacking, and Aria of Sorrow is the lone title usually considered "great".

I think a pessimistic thought expected it to be 30. Still not as good as the currently existing collection that has arguably better games for the same price.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm ABSOLUTELY here for it!

I love Kirby, but the formula was getting stagnant after Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra, Returns to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies. I wanted them to shake it up.

Super Kirby 3D World looks like a good approach to me. It changes things up, using a prior Nintendo game as a base, yet reduces the risk of a horrendously failed 3D transition. The choice of a pseudo-post-humanity Earth is Shiver Star different, I think I approve of it.

This will be a must-buy, unless the reviews indicate it's garbo. But Kirby rarely ventures into that territory.

Well, as a person who's not played much Kirby, good to see you happy about it.

Wait, is there garbage Kirby?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good thing it's also on Steam, so I'm not bothered on no Switch.

Oh, well that's nice too. Though I suspect my luck with it would be lacking, big publishers can weird about non-Windows PC gaming.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This has a bigger fundamental problem when it comes to animated movies and shows in the West: studios keep choosing celebraity live-action actors to voice act because, much like animation itself, voice acting isn't seen as "real acting" by some people.

See: Scoob.