• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Megamind was particularly put in a bad situation because it had the same premise as Despicable Me but came out later. Even though Megamind began development first.

There is a term for this.:

Just sharing.🙂

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

thats the game that looks similar to FFT! Lmao

That is to be expected. It is by Square, and it's been stated it's being made by people who made Octopath Traveler. And Octopath Traveler was made by a different dev team from the Bravely franchise, but shared at least one or two important individuals at the top. Bravely was invented to imitate the old 8 & 16-bit "crystals and four heroes of light" turn-based job-oriented Final Fantasy era. Octopath was likewise a nod to the 16-bit past, FF, but perhaps with a hint of SaGa given the many separate stories you can freely pursue aspect.

Therefore, it is not surprising to me these people, whoever they and how many they number, when tasked with making an SRPG, return to Final Fantasy Tactics. And perhaps Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre as well, given those games had story-altering decisions, unlike FFT. Once-"great" SRPGs that Japan and the West loved; long before Fire Emblem truly took off outside of Nippon.

The bad thing of doing full deployment Berwick Saga is that I get to eat up the hard version of 9-main.

Sophie has already ended an attempt. Thanks a lot, Estie.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

the best

I dunno. She looks cool, but she's not old tactician man with glasses.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

> game gives me literal Est

> Me: ''Meh will not use her''

> Extra deployment slot

> Deploys her for flier ultility

> 5 Strength in 5 levels

welll

That's how it tends to go, haha. Ests are too much fun, as much as the elitist in me wants to not like them.

...Well, most Ests, anyway. Ironically enough, the one Est I've never even tried out is Est herself. She's just... bland. A bad peggie in games with plenty of much more fun options.

lppxEoe.png

Well, tbh she comes with Paragon and Underdog, so...

Still lol

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, most Ests, anyway. Ironically enough, the one Est I've never even tried out is Est herself. She's just... bland. A bad peggie in games with plenty of much more fun options.

very hard to compete with her older Sisters and other available fliers. In Echoes flier Faye is quite tanky, and in Marth games, especially remakes, you get Caeda and some dragons as well

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, it's thundering again.

Is it still doing so? Hope things don't get worse from yesterday

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

very hard to compete with her older Sisters and other available fliers. In Echoes flier Faye is quite tanky, and in Marth games, especially remakes, you get Caeda and some dragons as well

Still a strange choice to go with Flier Faye on Celica route I'd suspect.

Then again I'm not exactly pro flier Faye to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is it still doing so? Hope things don't get worse from yesterday

No, wasn't as strong as yesterday. There was some lightning and stuff, and rain, but the rain is actually a bit lesser than yesterday's. It's currently drizzling, but very light.

iJmRlWi.png

Personal skill: Wrath

Upon promotion to Mage Knight gets: Vantage, Strong Riposte and skill that adds 1/2 mag to physical attack (So Ignis but 100% and on physical only)

Sage would've given me pursuit, Accost and better stats, but Vantage, Wrath and Strong Riposte together is something i can't ignore xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me".

Real talk, I didn't mind the Chinball era  but it was definitely the weakest so this gives me hope for Doctor Who's future.

Time traveller hopping from 2005 to here going to be very confused. Bad Wolf are also certainly getting a reputation fast to be tied to the show they got their name from too.

(And poor Chibnall, I haven't even seen any of his and that seems mean)

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

snubbed I think is what you meant.

Damn autocorrect.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

You also forgot Ghibli, who still aren't owned by Disney (distribution you can argue) for Spirited Away and Into the Spiderverse (which was Sony's baby)

I can't believe I forgot that the best Spider-Man movie won an Oscar for best animated film.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

But even ignoring that context, Dreamworks is a weird studio because I feel like their standalone movies end up getting weird receptions compared to the quality of their work.

Yeah the thing with DreamWorks is that most of their franchises are good but then most of their standalone stuff is bad. Exceptions to the rule exist but that's how it goes for them.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

lppxEoe.png

Well, tbh she comes with Paragon and Underdog, so...

Still lol

Hi Hilda.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(And poor Chibnall, I haven't even seen any of his and that seems mean)

Season 11 is by far the weakest season, no doubt. Season 12 is alright. I'll put it in maybe the same tier as Season 1.

This is the best scene in Season 12 btw

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's that. Redcliffe is safe and everyone lived because I made good decisions. They put their savior back in the dungeon, the bastards. Now I gotta help the Arl get better so he can free my friend. I mean, we've had like two conversations, but I want a blood mage in my party. Hopefully I can eventually get him, anyway. I'm not entirely sure. Next I play, I'll head to this Haven village and see if I can't pick up this Father Genitivi's trail.

Prepare to fight a dragon.

Oh my God Sten.

For the last time, I am not going to charge the final boss like a headless chicken.

Stop crying, for the love of God. And please don't threaten to leave the company. I really would rather you stayed. I have no idea who could even replace you, you're my main damage dealer and tank...

...Funnily enough, I managed to turn that by all means super negative event into positive approval points by picking the "intimidating" option and telling him to fall in line. At least I'm guessing that's what did it. Suppose he respects my resolve or something. I really don't get why this guy is so easy to please in the gameplay when his personality is the complete opposite of easy-to-please.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

Prepare to fight a dragon.

Noooooooooooooooo

The last dragon I faced, I chickened out and struck a deal.

...Ahh, well, I'm sure it cannot be much harder than the one revenant in Redcliffe's courtyard...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Ahh, well, I'm sure it cannot be much harder than the one revenant in Redcliffe's courtyard...

It's optional, but if you kill it you get a better ending.

So BDII forced me to get the Bad Ending before I could go for the good one? Well it was only one boss fight. One that took several tries, because boss offense = super high. Thank goodness for 4x speed animations.

Freelancer Job Levels 13-15 unlocked upon loading the clear data. And now I'm told how to get the other jobs to fully unlock. More boss fights sound good -if I can win them, I lost my first attempt on the first portal I found. 

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Season 11 is by far the weakest season, no doubt. Season 12 is alright. I'll put it in maybe the same tier as Season 1.

???

Do you mean modern Dr. Who stuff? Because I thought I remember you mentioning the oldest seasons ever to hit TV are so old, nobody thought to preserve every episode.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah the thing with DreamWorks is that most of their franchises are good but then most of their standalone stuff is bad. Exceptions to the rule exist but that's how it goes for them.

Shrek the third

Exceptions certainly exist. But it's kinda weird because it seems to me they don't have overarching plans for said franchises from the first movie so the fact their franchise work tends to be at least solid (Forever After, KFP3, begrudgingly HtTYD2) if not some of their best work is bizarre in that context.

Also standalones being poor is strange when one of their best films is still Prince of Egypt bad example you might say, but we did already say Megamind.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the best scene in Season 12 btw

Ends on him getting screwed over.

im-not-sure-thats-true-saturday-night-li

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Freelancer Job Levels 13-15 unlocked upon loading the clear data. And now I'm told how to get the other jobs to fully unlock. More boss fights sound good -if I can win them, I lost my first attempt on the first portal I found. 

Well that's some locking behind postgame there.

Are the things locked behind those levels worth it?

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

???

Do you mean modern Dr. Who stuff? Because I thought I remember you mentioning the oldest seasons ever to hit TV are so old, nobody thought to preserve every episode.

Think he means New Who for sure.

Edited by Dayni

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

???

Yes, I'm specifically talking about Modern Who here. Modern Who did start as more of a reboot and after a 20-year hiatus, it made sense to start over at season 1 rather than start with season 27.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ends on him getting screwed over.

im-not-sure-thats-true-saturday-night-li

Just pretend the clip ends before that part.

Nah but really, I really liked that episode.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well that's some locking behind postgame there.

Are the things locked behind those levels worth it?

Depends on if there is anything to sink them into, I don't know if there is. If these optional petite superbosses that I have to slay to remove the level limiters are the only or almost the only superbosses around, then they won't be so useful.

There might be NG+ letting you carry over unlocked Jobs and separately Jobs Levels, I think BD1 and BS1 gave you the options to do that. Not that'd try NG+ for this game, too long for that.

You don't get to see what job levels 13-15 give until you've removed the level limiter for the class. Freelancer gets:

• Wish Upon A Star- A party-wide luck buff command skill, which is apparently stronger at night. Luck isn't an actual stat, and applies to only a handful of skills, this seems mediocre.
  • The passive ability Limit Breaker- Doubles the potency of received buffs this character receives. Presumably it does not actually break the 200% ceiling on stat buffs, but it does let you get to the ceiling faster, freeing up turns for other things. Not bad overall, albeit ability slots are highly coveted.
  • Mimic- Copies the action used by the ally who most recently acted, at no HP, MP, additional BP, or PG cost. It's a bit tricky to utilize, but highly useful in the mind of a master.

Keep in mind that while Freelancer has middling weapon capabilities, an iffy and support-oriented skillset, once you've reached lvl 12 Freelancer you unlock the Late Bloomer passive, which is fixed into the class. For each job you master, all of Freelancer's stats gets a 1% boost from Late Bloomer. With 23 jobs around, and assuming the class has middle-of-the-road stats (I wish the game told me what each class's stat modifiers were), Freelancer could actually end up being very strong statistically at the very end. Make strategies around Mimic, and you can pick a sub-job for a second set of commands to use whenever you aren't mimicking.

One thing to say about Tales of Arise' combat i don't like: only three artes equippable at once? Vesperia has 8, Xillia has 16, why did they reduce the number usable? That seems kinda lame to me, ngl.

Edited by lightcosmo

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

One thing to say about Tales of Arise' combat i don't like: only three artes equippable at once? Vesperia has 8, Xillia has 16, why did they reduce the number usable? That seems kinda lame to me, ngl.

will be increased at midgame to 6