Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

will be increased at midgame to 6

Thats all? I think 16 was what they shoulda stuck with, gives the player sooooo many combo options w/o having to go to the menu every second. 

Ofc i'll take 6 over 3 any day, but I would like more. I dont like being limited.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

aSfpuzM.png

That Design is 10/10

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats all? I think 16 was what they shoulda stuck with, gives the player sooooo many combo options w/o having to go to the menu every second. 

yeah Combo'ing in Berseria was more fun imo

atleast there you can actually combo bosses

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

One thing to say about Tales of Arise' combat i don't like: only three artes equippable at once? Vesperia has 8, Xillia has 16, why did they reduce the number usable? That seems kinda lame to me, ngl.

Idk, I actually prefer just having six. There is such thing as too many options and one of my gripes with Berseria was honestly that. Amplified by the lack of presets, which meant I had to go into the menu to manually change combo routes each time I fought a boss just so I can deal bonus damage or whatever.

Basically sometimes less is more and I'm glad Arise cut down the number.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, Robert Stewart said:

Was thinking of doing a silly horses-only playthrough of FE3, perhaps.

And as part of said thinking, I was wondering if Pegasus Knights (which ride winged horses), Hunters (who promote into Horseman), or a certain shape shifting twink would be acceptable to use in said run.

Incidentally, for those of you who remember me saying I would do this, I'm probably going to stream this instead of doing an LP. :v

I think @Saint Rubenio @Dayni and @Ghost_06_ showed interest.

This is my Twitch, incidentally. I'll be doing the stream tomorrow at 6 PM CDT, assuming nothing comes up for me tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

atleast there you can actually combo bosses

I agree. This is actually my biggest issue, thats annoying as hell. Thats kinda what made the other games fun, the combo game.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Idk, I actually prefer just having six. There is such thing as too many options and one of my gripes with Berseria was honestly that. Amplified by the lack of presets, which meant I had to go into the menu to manually change combo routes each time I fought a boss just so I can deal bonus damage or whatever.

Basically sometimes less is more and I'm glad Arise cut down the number.

That doesnt make sense... You can remove artes from the list, if you only want eight equipped, then go right ahead. But really, there is not negative to having more flexible options.

Shipping ElvisxAdelle, why game? I wouldn't say it's terrible writing, both are adults, but Elvis seems just a tad too old for her. Not saying age discrepancies can't exist in relationships, and it isn't like this sprang out of nowhere, but I'd have thought it better to leave the two at good friends.

And on a wholly unrelated note, the Internet is Negative Nelly as ever. When I looked up people commenting on RF5, there was a good deal of misconception that the game had been delayed because of s/s marriage, and more criticism that Marvelous has very misplaced priorities by adding the frills of that over fixing the frame rate. As if spending time on the one really affects the other.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Ofc i'll take 6 over 3 any day, but I would like more. I dont like being limited.

I've barely bothered with more than the simplest four inputs in the Tales I've played. I don't have the mind & muscle memory to keep track of that many more.

Of course, you're nuttier with Tales gameplay than I. You do the stuff the system permits, but isn't strictly necessary to learn to win. I get by on the basics. 

Jameson is absolutely a right-winger in this universe so this is even funnier.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That doesnt make sense... You can remove artes from the list, if you only want eight equipped, then go right ahead. But really, there is not negative to having more flexible options.

I know you can remove Artes from the AI list (I did this a bit in Arise to slow down CP usage) but I don't recall being able to do that with the player-controlled character.

Ah well. I just remember feeling overwhelmed by all the options in Berseria so Arise's streamlining was welcome in my book.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And on a wholly unrelated note, the Internet is Negative Nelly as ever. When I looked up people commenting on RF5, there was a good deal of misconception that the game had been delayed because of s/s marriage, and more criticism that Marvelous has very misplaced priorities by adding the frills of that over fixing the frame rate. As if spending time on the one really affects the other.

Yeah, that was inevitable. As celebrated as RF5 having same-sex marriage is, there will always be gremlins coming out of the woodwork complaintngu about the game being "woke" and whatnot.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that where the Jailhouse Rocker went to all this time!?

Yes, off to a fantasy world, where he kept drinking, gained a very stereotypical Scottish accent, and took up studying magic. Also some hair dye.

I won't say there isn't something unusual in seeing the name used in a game. Given how rare it is IRL. It still rolls off the tongue/keyboard kinda strangely.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good to see SRW 30 appeared in the Japanese version of the Direct.

Japan likes its mecha, between this, Japan getting Custom Robo and CRV2 in its NS Online N64 subscription pack, and Japan getting a trailer for a game called Megaton Musashi.

You know, I'd like SRW to dabble in a little Custom Robo blatant copying 3D spinoff.  -Were it not for the "custom" aspect of Custom Robo presenting a problem for SRW. Ripping some weapons off some mecha and slapping them willy-nilly on others would look really bad, if it was practically possible at all (chest blasters are the first problematic thing to come to mind). That's what kills it for me. But if it could happen,  then copy the plot of 4 out of 5 of the CR games- a totally generic children's tournament anime. To spice it up ever so slightly, make the nerdy best friend of the silent MC who loads you up with  tutorial information Ryusei-chan, a ~9 year-old version of his normal self who loves his 12-inch fighting toys known as "Super Robos", and turn both licensed and other OG characters into the other children who you the silent MC duel to become the ultimate "Super Robo Warrior"!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Based Studio TRIGGER

Now they just need to make Panty & Stocking season 2

1 hour ago, Robert Stewart said:

This is my Twitch, incidentally. I'll be doing the stream tomorrow at 6 PM CDT, assuming nothing comes up for me tomorrow.

I'll try to. Have you solved the Pegasus Knight/Horseman issue yet?

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've barely bothered with more than the simplest four inputs in the Tales I've played. I don't have the mind & muscle memory to keep track of that many more.

Of course, you're nuttier with Tales gameplay than I. You do the stuff the system permits, but isn't strictly necessary to learn to win. I get by on the basics. 

But you dont have to have that many equipped, but if you can allow it, why not have the option for players that do want it? It has no downsides, and its not a requirement to win, i can vouch for that. 

If you so choose in Vesperia, Yuri can use Azure Edge and get carried fairly well by that alone.

FAGPmNRXIAA3YXU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And with that, i have completely finished Spider-Man. I really don't wanna bother with 100% the main story, too many samey crimes.

Thoughts on the DLC: it's literally more Spider-Man lol. Everything i said about Spider-Man in my review for the main story pretty much applies to this. Just make a few changes to the specifics of the storyline and also the fact that the DLC is better to 100% because there's not a million of the same crimes to solve over and over.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But you dont have to have that many equipped, but if you can allow it, why not have the option for players that do want it? It has no downsides, and its not a requirement to win, i can vouch for that. 

Fair enough.

At any rate, between six ground artes, six aerial artes, the Boosts and Alphen's Blazing Sword artes, i think it makes sense for Arise to cut down on the number of available artes at any given time.