• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But you dont have to have that many equipped, but if you can allow it, why not have the option for players that do want it? It has no downsides, and its not a requirement to win, i can vouch for that. 

-Which is why I mentioned your willingness to delve into the reeds of the combat system, I see how you could utilize in ways I could not.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

If you so choose in Vesperia, Yuri can use Azure Edge and get carried fairly well by that alone. +3 AI companions casting magic, healing, and using their own physical arts.

Added the other important bit why learning to weave elaborate combos has never been necessary in Tales. You don't fight alone, and as long as you can survive and not run out of TP and TP restoratives, you can win.

Oh, that one is simple to solve. Pegasi are just horses with wings, and hunters are just horsemen who have yet to learn to use their horses outdoors. I mean, everyone stops using the horses indoors, so you can't really do a only-horse run anyway.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, off to a fantasy world, where he kept drinking, gained a very stereotypical Scottish accent, and took up studying magic. Also some hair dye.

I won't say there isn't something unusual in seeing the name used in a game. Given how rare it is IRL. It still rolls off the tongue/keyboard kinda strangely.

Japan likes its mecha, between this, Japan getting Custom Robo and CRV2 in its NS Online N64 subscription pack, and Japan getting a trailer for a game called Megaton Musashi.

You know, I'd like SRW to dabble in a little Custom Robo blatant copying 3D spinoff.  -Were it not for the "custom" aspect of Custom Robo presenting a problem for SRW. Ripping some weapons off some mecha and slapping them willy-nilly on others would look really bad, if it was practically possible at all (chest blasters are the first problematic thing to come to mind). That's what kills it for me. But if it could happen,  then copy the plot of 4 out of 5 of the CR games- a totally generic children's tournament anime. To spice it up ever so slightly, make the nerdy best friend of the silent MC who loads you up with  tutorial information Ryusei-chan, a ~9 year-old version of his normal self who loves his 12-inch fighting toys known as "Super Robos", and turn both licensed and other OG characters into the other children who you the silent MC duel to become the ultimate "Super Robo Warrior"!

I mean, it's not unheard off. We all know what happened to Chopin and MJ after all.

True. The most customization we had was the OG games having weaponry most mechas could equip since they were all interchangeable. So long they had hands, they all could equip the Shishioh Blade after all. This has actually showed up in some of the mainline SRW games. I know SRW D had some weaponry you could equip to most if not all mechas. Though it was stuff like status debuff projectiles, and since D was still the era of "static sprites" then just animating the projectile off the static mecha was easy.

That said, the closest you could see this is with the Gundam Builder Fighters series. Where Gundam customization galore abounded.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And with that, i have completely finished Spider-Man. I really don't wanna bother with 100% the main story, too many samey crimes.

Do it for the platinum

Well i have now watched every episode of Star Wars Visions. Definitely want to see more of this sort of thing in the future. 

Episode rankings, best to worst:

1. The Village Bride: This one's at the top because it had the best OST out of all the episodes. It's also one of Cinema Citrus' better looking things.
  2. The Ninth Jedi: While Production IG's animation is nothing to write home about, this episode might as well have been a pilot episode. You can easily make a series out of this one and despite not being canon, it's one of the few things set after the Rise of Skywalker so i'll take more of that please.
  3. The Twins: It's Studio TRIGGER lol. It's the most what the fuck out of all the episodes because TRIGGER does not give a flying fuck about logic and just wants you to have a good time. It's also the best-looking episode out of this whole thing. Only reason it's not higher is because i thought the ending could've been a little better.
  4. Lop and Ochko: Another episode that could serve as a pilot for it's own series. Has a good emotional center that i wouldn't mind seeing explored further.
  5. The Duel: Brings Star Wars full circle as, outside of the lasers, it's literally just an old black-and-white samurai film but Star Wars. It's also a CGI episode but it's fine because Kamikaze Douga is one of the few anime studios that knows how to nail it.
  6. T0-B1: Literally Astro Boy but Star Wars and it's cute. 

After this we start getting into the ones that i wasn't really a fan of.

7. Tatooine Rhapsody. Didn't really care about this one too much. It did have Boba Fett nodding to the music tho.

9. Akakiri: Unique artstyle but i didn't really care outside of the ending that i kinda didn't expect.

9. The Elder: a rare Studio TRIGGER L. This one is really boring and looks unappealing which is really distracting because TRIGGER also did The Twins and the quality between the two is night and day.

Star Wars Visions is good, i want more of this please. 

Edited by Armagon

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

aSfpuzM.png

That Design is 10/10

Thigh window removes a point, but... yeah, 8/10 pretty cool.

This game's got some pretty cool art in general. Shame about the language barrier, pesky as ever.

So tell me, has it got any designs more up my alley or is it generic anime teens all the way?

8 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Incidentally, for those of you who remember me saying I would do this, I'm probably going to stream this instead of doing an LP. :v

I think @Saint Rubenio @Dayni and @Ghost_06_ showed interest.

This is my Twitch, incidentally. I'll be doing the stream tomorrow at 6 PM CDT, assuming nothing comes up for me tomorrow.

1 in the morning where I live.

Oof... I mean, sometimes I'm awake at that time, but usually I'm getting ready to sleep. Still, if I feel up to it, I'll drop in for a bit. I don't have a Twitch account, though, so don't expect to see me in chat. Sooo yeah. You can count on my moral support, at least.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Unrelated, but I had never listened to the full song before. I didn't stop it, so it kept going in the background while I distractedly went off to check other tabs.

Had to do a double take when I heard "SLAVERY FUCK YEAH"

AH

WYNNE NO

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's... not really what I would call up my alley, but the nipple armor is funny, so... eh. Good enough, I guess.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

part of the charm

I... I guess?

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Which is why I mentioned your willingness to delve into the reeds of the combat system, I see how you could utilize in ways I could not.

Added the other important bit why learning to weave elaborate combos has never been necessary in Tales. You don't fight alone, and as long as you can survive and not run out of TP and TP restoratives, you can win.

Well the only thing that stops you is you, really. That's what makes the system as good as it is.

Edit: when i say you i mean the player, not you specifically.

Edited by lightcosmo

Hey, so

Uhhh

@Ghost_06_ Ahah... Uh, funny story. So, I may have just aided an insane cultist with his deranged plan to destroy the sacred ashes of God's prophet, murdering Wynne and Genitivi on my way out, all for a specialization, which I've no use for because I haven't the faintest idea how to activate or use those things. The fucking thing hasn't even showed up in the menu, or at least I cannot find it.

So uh.

Yeah.

Run's going well, is all I'm saying!

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

zettai ryouiki my friend

Bah.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Awww, so sweet! ❤️

Eyy, I suppose it is kinda, yes.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unrelated, but I had never listened to the full song before. I didn't stop it, so it kept going in the background while I distractedly went off to check other tabs.

Had to do a double take when I heard "SLAVERY FUCK YEAH"

Pretty sure the song is parody.

59 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

no need to be embarrassed about it!

All right!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure the song is parody.

The ending makes that pretty clear, yes.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I have nothing to add, but I am here.

I’m on a mini vacation, so that’s cool.

Those are always great. Enjoy your mini vacation.

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ns6rrckkyip71.png

py86www4mcp71.png

https://hard-drive.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/cease-and-desist-1024x538.jpg

12 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

This is my Twitch, incidentally. I'll be doing the stream tomorrow at 6 PM CDT, assuming nothing comes up for me tomorrow.

Well that's vods for me then, I apologise for not being there live as I should be trying to sleep earlier. If not however, I probably should stop and look for a bit.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Jameson is absolutely a right-winger in this universe so this is even funnier.

The sad part is I thought this was on about soccer for some reason.

Man that would have been a much nicer universe.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I-

I mean

852199702837329971.png?size=48

That phrase about the fool springs to mind: "Better to remain silent and be thought horny than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Edited by Dayni