• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

BD characters are now in that Chocobo Kart game.

You know, I wouldn't write getting the game entirely out of my mind. -Were it not for it existing under the overwhelming of shadow of "Why do you need more than one kart racer? And Mario Kart dominates over all so stick to that instead.".

It looks like the item system there operates under the same premise of the 64 classic Diddy Kong Racing- if you hold onto an item through several item boxes, you'll get a stronger version. Which makes me hopeful that DKR winds up on the N64 NSO subscription. Banjo-Kazooie is miraculously going to be on it. -Not that I intend to ever get NSO, barring the possibility of XCX2 (and even then, I'd wait until I've logged a few hours into the game, a Skell-less level 6 Commando will be devoured in seconds).

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

E42n1JjVkAQkygX?format=jpg&name=large

My last run for comparison. I shaved off 44 minutes but got <50% in item completion. Probably because i skipped like the entire Western portion of Ridley's Lair since i took the route that avoid the flying beetle boss entirely.

Considering how much Nintendo has shown off of Dread, you should be able to breeze through in half this time it if you memorize the trailers.

I'm thinking Dread will be longer than the other 2D Metroids, without any evidence why I think so.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is a Gunvolt?

Inti Creates's Mega Man Zero-inspired series of action-platformers. The main character Gunvolt shoots metal needles into enemies and then surges electricity into them. The games are short, and ofter easy mode features for a wider audience, but aim to appeal to hardcore players focused on the ancient concept of the high score. Also, anime.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is a Blaster Master Zero?

2D Action-Adventure that is Metroid-ish, but not really if the first one to anything to go off of. As the game is divided much more clearly into a set of eight linear areas, with very little mandatory backtracking. A 2D overworld which you traverse primarily in a sci-fi tank, is accompanied by top-down areas where your character leaves the tank and starts shooting around on foot.

Hey, Deathmatch mercenary from chapter 10-main.

Can you stop existing?

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Inti Creates's Mega Man Zero-inspired series of action-platformers. The main character Gunvolt shoots metal needles into enemies and then surges electricity into them. The games are short, and ofter easy mode features for a wider audience, but aim to appeal to hardcore players focused on the ancient concept of the high score. Also, anime.

Eh. Sounds okay.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2D Action-Adventure that is Metroid-ish, but not really if the first one to anything to go off of. As the game is divided much more clearly into a set of eight linear areas, with very little mandatory backtracking. A 2D overworld which you traverse primarily in a sci-fi tank, is accompanied by top-down areas where your character leaves the tank and starts shooting around on foot.

Oh yeah, wasn't the main character from Blaster Master featured in Super Mario Crossover? Now that was a great flash game. Gave me some good times in class.

...That's the only thing I know about the series. It sounds okay also.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I see. To be honest, I can't say I make the effort. If I play a game and don't enjoy it for too long, I drop it, simple as that.

"When you desire only the result, you start taking shortcuts...and when you start taking shortcuts, you might lose sight of the truth. Eventually you'll lose your motivation too. I believe that the will to seek out the truth is what's important. As long as you have the will to seek it out, then, even if the perp gets away this time, you'll reach your destination eventually won't you? That's because you're seeking it out."

Arrow Giorno Giovanna GIF - Arrow Giorno Giovanna Jojo - Discover &amp; Share  GIFs

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

"When you desire only the result, you start taking shortcuts...and when you start taking shortcuts, you might lose sight of the truth. Eventually you'll lose your motivation too. I believe that the will to seek out the truth is what's important. As long as you have the will to seek it out, then, even if the perp gets away this time, you'll reach your destination eventually won't you? That's because you're seeking it out."

Arrow Giorno Giovanna GIF - Arrow Giorno Giovanna Jojo - Discover &amp; Share  GIFs

What does that even mean? I'm enjoying your recommendation! It had a strong start instead of taking 50 hours to go anywhere, and that's all it took!

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What does that even mean? I'm enjoying your recommendation! It had a strong start instead of taking 50 hours to go anywhere, and that's all it took!

Hey now, dont trash talk Trails, alright?

FATstc8VQAU9PdG?format=jpg&name=large

The final remaining modern Atelier game that i have yet to play (until new ones come out). It was $10 off because of Tokyo Game Show or whatever and i used gold coins to lower the price by a further $12. I mean, that is what they're there for.

I have like $4 left in gold coins.

Anyways my Switch has always been like, a JRPG machine but it's an Atelier machine in particular

FATstdAVEAcx7Jn?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is a Gunvolt?

Observer gave you the rundown but he did not mention the second main character, who has a completely different playstyle than the titular Gunvolt. Copen is essentially a racist in the main timeline Mega Man-like fighter who copies the abilities of defeated fighters. His method of tagging enemies involves dashing into them, upon which his shots will lock-on.

As a result, he schmoves.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Were it not for it existing under the overwhelming of shadow of "Why do you need more than one kart racer? And Mario Kart dominates over all so stick to that instead.".

I've heard that Crash Nitro Racing or whatever is a genuine alternative in the kart racing genre.

But like, Mario Kart doesn't just dominate, it basically rules the genre with an iron fist. Crash was simply allowed to exist.

I'm thinking Dread will be longer than the other 2D Metroids, without any evidence why I think so.

The story+cinematics could lengthen it, as Dread is looking like it's taking a bit more of a story-focused approach, not unlike Fusion or Prime 3. And for reference, Samus Returns was the longest of the 2D Metroids, at least when comparing my run times. However there, it was likely because of the whole "genocide the Metroids" premise.

The backtracking generally comes from being required to get the true ends in each game.

• The first game requires you to get every upgrade, which will definitely involve backtracking.
  • The second game requires you to find three mcguffings to unlock the true end. So yeah, backtracking.
  • The third game doesn't have any item requirements for the true end and it's by far the most linear of the trilogy. Ironically, the game actually has skip travel this time.

Despite the overall linearity, the way it treats progression is much more closer to Metroid, which is very refreshing given the genre is dominated by the Castlevania-leaning Metroidvanias.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, wasn't the main character from Blaster Master featured in Super Mario Crossover? Now that was a great flash game. Gave me some good times in class.

...That's the only thing I know about the series. It sounds okay also.

Perhaps that's the original main character from the 80s.

Blaster Master Zero is the reboot (which eventually ties into the original games) although the rights of Zero are definitely in Inti Creates' hands i think. I mean, they are the only ones making Blaster Master games these days in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thracia 776 is the worst thing to exist on earth.

Literally the worst thing in existence. A mistake and a blight upon humanity.

So true Shrimpy!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kylgx5yt o

Yeah atleast Fates has stuff like that i can laugh at

As facepalms as Fates is, it never went ''save a girl and land on her chest, get slapped in the face and spend 3 FUCKING CHAPTERS on eggshells'' type of Facepalm

Writing tier below fates i tell ya

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As facepalms as Fates is, it never went ''save a girl and land on her chest, get slapped in the face and spend 3 FUCKING CHAPTERS on eggshells'' type of Facepalm

That's our Rean!

Haha...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My distractability  is the worst thing to exist on earth.

Wow, mine too!

I GOT 27/28 ON THE MATH TEST LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

I'M LEGALLY NOT BAD AT MATH ANYMORE

Also, oof, it turns out the Javascript course I was taking online ISN'T free. Dang...

I wonder if I can learn in another way.

Thracia with dangerous enemies and skills on them

👀

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am proud, son

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Very nice.

I'm also doing well on Liberal Arts Math. Turns out i can be decent when math isn't involving a bunch of useless bizarro formulas and equations.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thracia with dangerous enemies and skills on them

👀

Stop making it worse.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wow, mine too!

Also, oof, it turns out the Javascript course I was taking online ISN'T free. Dang...

I wonder if I can learn in another way.

My taxes well spent!