• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I pointed out earlier:

When asked about the role of Princess Sarah and the reveal of Jack’s full name being Jack Garland, Nomura had this to say:

Originally, I was planning to hide that Jack was Garland.. But I decided to change the direction of the marketing from “Who is Jack?” to “Why did Jack become Chaos?”

When did he decide this? No idea.

Having the final boss of the first Final Fantasy originally be an edgy modern guy seems like an idea Nomura would come up with. As if Cheeseburger of Paradise: Final Fantasy didn't have enough Doom references already.

"No! I must kill the Chaos," he shouted!
The smartphone said "No, Jack. You are the Chaos."
And then, Jack was a Zombie.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

they are different attacks actually

2nd one is aoe

I could tell. However, the first Fire Breaths is still repeated. So it's Fire, Fire, Water, Fire AoE, Water AoE?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

no no

Fire, Fire Aoe

2nd Fire is Fire Aoe despite having some name as Fire

So the second set is just souped up single-target versions, then?

Also, I just noticed it's Ice, not Water. Then again...

水 Water, 氷 Ice, 氷水 Ice Water [53/365] – Annotranslate

Yeah.

Hmm, with some endgame testing, it think that 56,000 HP average is a good medium for Trails the 3rds endgame. If an enemy deals 13,000 damage, this allows the player to survive up to 5 hits rather than the base 3. It allows for more options of offence, which the game kinda needs it think. Of course thats from a hard mode perspective, havent tested Nightmare at all. Xd

Edit: of course Tear-all no longer heals 65,535 HP and instead heals 20,000, so no uber tanking.

Curious, does anyone know the gains the enemy gets from mode differences?

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

LvTwqWA.png

blaze it

Do the high HP values as you show here and have indicated elsewhere make the gameplay at all a slog in this fangame? 

@Acacia Sgt When I noticed your new avi, it took me a moment to realize what it actually was. I mistook it at first glance for a version of this:

400px-Aum_Om_black.svg.png

The "Om" symbol, the mystical sound of India-originated religions.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do the high HP values as you show here and have indicated elsewhere make the gameplay at all a slog in this fangame? 

not that much actually.

But Boss fights you need the whole team which does slow the last bit of the map a bit

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When I noticed your new avi, it took me a moment to realize what it actually was. I mistook it at first glance for a version of this:

400px-Aum_Om_black.svg.png

The "Om" symbol, the mystical sound of India-originated religions.

Ahaha, I can see it.

Oh, that one. Yeah, I know of it. Mostly since it's the go-to symbol for Hinduism in Paradox Games.

I know this is a given but man, words cannot express how *chef's kiss* immaculate the movement in both Insomniac Spider-Man games are.

Literally why is there even fast-travel in these games? Who needs fast-travel when you're Spider-Man?

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

never touched Earthbound.

Quirky, Persona-inspired RPG.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ignoring the joke at the end, isn’t the gameplay actually literally just Smash?

Yeah, platform fighter.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

no no

Fire, Fire Aoe

2nd Fire is Fire Aoe despite having some name as Fire

TearRing Saga then.

They probably copied it from SRW anyway, heh.

They certainly also had some mechas carrying the same attack twice but one being the MAP version. Mostly common with the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, that one. Yeah, I know of it. Mostly since it's the go-to symbol for Hinduism in Paradox Games.

Considering Civilization also uses it as the symbol for Hinduism, and so does the set of emojis on every modern device, it does seem to have been adopted by Hinduism as it's go-to symbol. Although, it's not exclusive to Hinduism, and India's flag has a dharma wheel, which is now more the symbol of Buddhism.

Maybe SRW could play with more in-depth Indian religious concepts for powering their next special originals. Prana lay merely at the surface of the pond of Indian philosophy and religion. Make the final boss a giant column that has five faces, and no beginning nor end to it, stretching endlessly through space in both directions, a symbol of its infinite power. 

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They certainly also had some mechas carrying the same attack twice but one being the MAP version. Mostly common with the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels.

And even if they change the attack's name, some MAPs are practically speaking the same as a non-map attack. Alfimi's MAP Yomiji and long-range Raigoue come to mind- lasers from her Dark Bodhisattvas. Injury/death comes exactly the same way if you're on the receiving end.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nvm this game sucks

Loving National Hispanic Heritage Month? 😛Don't worry, it ends on the 15th of October.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering Civilization also uses it as the symbol for Hinduism, and so does the set of emojis on every modern device, it does seem to have been adopted by Hinduism as it's go-to symbol. Although, it's not exclusive to Hinduism, and India's flag has a dharma wheel, which is now more the symbol of Buddhism.

Maybe SRW could play with more in-depth Indian religious concepts for powering their next special originals. Prana lay merely at the surface of the pond of Indian philosophy and religion. Make the final boss a giant column that has five faces, and no beginning nor end to it, stretching endlessly through space in both directions, a symbol of its infinite power. 

UX had Kali Yuga as the final boss:

Well, don't know the details behind that, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And even if they change the attack's name, some MAPs are practically speaking the same as a non-map attack. Alfimi's MAP Yomiji and long-range Raigoue come to mind- lasers from her Dark Bodhisattvas. Injury/death comes exactly the same way if you're on the receiving end.

Yeah, there's not much point to change it. Specially since every MAP weapons has, well, MAP at the end to differenciate.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Loving National Hispanic Heritage Month? 😛Don't worry, it ends on the 15th of October.

So long I'm not forced to call my country Méxique because a country is a non-binary entity, I'm chill.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, don't know the details behind that, to be honest.

And I don't want to know! That is slightly evil waifu hideous! -Although the multiple arms are befitting of Hinduism.

If you're going to personify the final and dark era of the world, you might as well use the unrelated goddess of the same name.:

1024px-Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg

Much more distinctive! And nobody in their right mind would date her, unless you're Shiva.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So long I'm not forced to call my country Méxique because a country is a non-binary entity, I'm chill.

🤣

If you are forced, I'll petition vigorously for the renaming of The United States of Amerix, and all its constituent parts, such as Californix and Marland.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you are forced, I'll petition vigorously for the renaming of The United States of Amerix, and all its constituent parts, such as Californix and Marland.

I can see why you omitted the X there. XD

Don't worry, that one might be renamed since it's too Catholic for their tastes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just in time for my birthday!

Wait…

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can see why you omitted the X there. XD

I couldn't decide what to do. X-ing it seemed strange when English never adopted a masculine version of Mary. So I simply nixed the y, instead of accidentally socializing the state.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't worry, that one might be renamed since it's too Catholic for their tastes.

Which is why Marxland is actually a good idea! From Catholic to atheist. 

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There have been Hispanic Heritage Month ads playing at the radio at work which would be neat except they keep using Latinx and I have to keep myself from becoming a supervillain.

Edited by Armagon

It could have been so different... but you destroyed it all... Isayama...

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Imagine if they used manji for Buddhism