Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

All right, landsmeet time. The lands have met, and through some speech checks and pointing out of Snape's hideous crimes (none of which really match my own, I mean there's literal genocide in my track record), everyone sided against him... Which didn't matter in the slightest, because he challenged me to one-on-one combat and everyone went "yeah m'kay, whoever wins we support."

Of course, I won the duel by running circles around Snape, and then...

WAIT

WHAT

Spoiler

I CAN INDUCT SNAPE INTO THE GRAY WARDENS!?

WHY!?

WHY WOULD I EVER DO SOMETHING SO STUPID yeah go ahead, let's do it.

Of course, Alistair didn't like that, so he called off the plan to marry Snape's daughter and got all pissy.

Dude. I don't give half a shit about you. Be as mad as you want, I'm taking Snape in and giving the crown to his daughter. At this point, you should've seen it coming, man. I've done nothing but pick the stupidest options every time.

...Oh my fucking Christ I got him executed. I GOT HIM KILLED. HE'S DONE NOTHING BUT STAND BY ME AND SUPPORT ME SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING, AND I MURDERED HIM SO I COULD SIDE WITH THE MAIN VILLAIN FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

And yet somehow I still don't think this is the worst thing I've ever done in this game.

Oh, well. Alistair is dead and Snape is now on the team. I've recruited the main antagonist and murdered the first companion I ever had. This game.

Okay so big spoilers in there, don't open it, but...

Wow. The things this game lets me do. I love it, I just fucking love it. It's so wretched.

@Ghost_06_ thanks again for the recommendation, this has been a truly hilarious adventure.

46 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Emperor preserve me from such madness.

You can run, but you can never escape.

234198C6-100B-418E-A1E2-51870F7F57F5.png

Do it, old man!

Do it!

38 minutes ago, Julizan said:

👋 Rubenio and Shrimperor

Hi! Good to see you again.

Currently I am playing "Tales of Arise" and "Mario Odyssey". 

Both are amazing so far.

There is not too much to say about first since it is still a standard "Tales"game of its series, just having excellent characterization and plot. However as for latter I was surprised about the open world. It reminds me on "Zelda" a lot. Not a fan of 3D "Zelda" games myself, but I love exploration in "Odyssey" so far.

I quite enjoyed Odyssey, myself, though I didn't have the patience to go for 100%. As for Arise, I think everyone but me has played it lol.

I decided to get a Wii U to have access to VC, so I picked up some classics (among others "Blazing Sword" and "Sacred Stones") like "Golden Sun" and "Kirby 64". I am glad I have purchased only one N64 game yet since they will make their appearance on Switch soon.

Good ol' Wii U VC. So superior to the Switch's poor replacement, it's not even funny.

Edit: I also grabbed "Undertale" recently. Will play it before the "Deltarune" duology.

Is Undertale old enough to be called a classic? Either way, I hope you have fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And there it is. According to the description (check tweet's replies), plus Sophie's appearance, this seems to be a midquel set in-between Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis. This is....very interesting and I'm very curious to see how it's done. Atelier has never regressed the timelines before and this means the development Sophie receives in Atelier Firis and Atelier Lydie & Suelle will not be there so.....yeah, I think for this one imma be more cautiously optimistic. I think I would've definitely preferred a Ryza 3 or just a new Atelier entirely if this was gonna be the case.

That said, the Mysterious games do have a consistent increase in their quality so even though I thought Atelier Sophie was lame and my third least favorite Atelier, I am not opposed to this sequel.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was bad enough that they didn't bother releasing Days of Ruin commercially in Japan, only as a Club Nintendo digital reward.

Man, hearing all this makes the revival even more surprising.

Well, time will tell if this sticks or not.

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

What's up?

Decided to check this place out again since I have a little break from essential stuff rn.

Hi there. My friend sold me his PS4 Pro and in August so I've been able to play games that I wouldn't be able to play otherwise. So far, I've played through Spider-Man, 13 Sentinels and Tales of Arise, with FF7R put on hold and Miles Morales being the PS4 game I'm currently playing.

Screenshot_5939.png

13 Sentinels made it to the club of the kings.

I also started ranking the games I've played this year

I'm still playing my Switch tho. Metroid Dread comes out next Friday (time flies) but in the meantime, my Switch has become an Atelier machine. Currently playing through Lydie & Suelle.

4 hours ago, Julizan said:

also learning how to draw sprites with a professional drawing programm.

Ayy, that's very nice. Wouldn't mind seeing some if you're willing to share.

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

hey!

Welcome back!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Buuuut Star Wolf's theme doesn't actually play there. It plays during the green units' phase in a later chapter. For no reason.

I can only commend Blazer's restraint. If he'd actually dropped the theme here, I think I might've died laughing.

If i remember correctly, it plays vs: Ridley from Metroid there as an enemy map theme.

Finally, seamless battle transitions.

Also it looks really good. Like visually I mean. Crazy that this is still a budget series.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ll right, landsmeet time. The lands have met, and through some speech checks and pointing out of Snape's hideous crimes (none of which really match my own, I mean there's literal genocide in my track record), everyone sided against him... Which didn't matter in the slightest, because he challenged me to one-on-one combat and everyone went "yeah m'kay, whoever wins we support."

Of course, I won the duel by running circles around Snape, and then...

WAIT

WHAT

Reveal hidden contents

I CAN INDUCT SNAPE INTO THE GRAY WARDENS!?

WHY!?

WHY WOULD I EVER DO SOMETHING SO STUPID yeah go ahead, let's do it.

Of course, Alistair didn't like that, so he called off the plan to marry Snape's daughter and got all pissy.

Dude. I don't give half a shit about you. Be as mad as you want, I'm taking Snape in and giving the crown to his daughter. At this point, you should've seen it coming, man. I've done nothing but pick the stupidest options every time.

...Oh my fucking Christ I got him executed. I GOT HIM KILLED. HE'S DONE NOTHING BUT STAND BY ME AND SUPPORT ME SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING, AND I MURDERED HIM SO I COULD SIDE WITH THE MAIN VILLAIN FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

And yet somehow I still don't think this is the worst thing I've ever done in this game.

Oh, well. Alistair is dead and Snape is now on the team. I've recruited the main antagonist and murdered the first companion I ever had. This game.

Okay so big spoilers in there, don't open it, but...

Wow. The things this game lets me do. I love it, I just fucking love it. It's so wretched.

You bastardhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/462720733634887701/707495349304033370/unknown.png

This is worst thing you could have done in this game

2 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

Rubenio…what have you done to me!?!

Make it stop…

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Hey, this Kelik guy looks very cool

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't really get it, but it's Omori art of a sort, so I'll take it. Wait, is it a Jojo's reference? Is that it, they're those "stand" thingies for Omori's characters? No, wait, Digimon. They look more like Digimons. Digimen? Digimones? Digimee? Digimon, plural form? Oh, fuck if I know...

It's persona

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for Arise, I think everyone but me has played it lol.

Missed this, but I havent even finished yet. Gameplay isnt great enough to warrant rushing it, lmao.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

can't wait to play it

t'will be hype

This isn't like, an expectation but I honestly would not be surprised if Dread surpasses Zero Mission as the best Metroid game. Just based on everything that I've seen.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FAo0k_hUcAIKHu6.jpg:large

Something feels off about the modern redo. It does make Max and Sami feel more alive, but apart from them, it's a step back. Emptier, and not adjusted for so tall a box.

And I've learned Nintendo is so resigned about this game in Japan, that they haven't bothered to announce a release date for it in that region. Yeah, there is no chance AW is being seriously revived beyond this.

Yeah the foreground tank's it's biggest problem to me, it's clear they're going for less detail and thinner liming but that in particular is noticeably oversimplified.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Advance Wars history is so ironic. First it was not planned to be released outside Japan, for the same reason Fire Emblem used to not be. Then they change their minds and give us a chance. Then it releases in US... on September 10, 2001. Talk about timing. Then Europe saw it on January 2002, while Japan... Japan never got it. Technically. It wouldn't be until 2004 when both AW1 and AW2 (also not released in Japan alongside the other regions back in 2003) were released in a 2-in-1 deal.

It's clear Advance Wars simply lost its momentum in Japan when transitioning into the new millennium. Which can be seen now, with this remake bundle not giving signs it will be released in Japan.

It's a little sad that they feel it won't sell, because I do think there's something enjoyable about AW.

Course I could likely stick with Wargroove on multiplayer, but still.

1 hour ago, Julizan said:

Also Direct was surprisingly appealing for me for multiple reasons.

What worked aside from Kirby for you?

Hello again besides!

Probably the largest game I've played in the last while's Neo TWEWY and I'm too much of a fan both to not enjoy it and also realise I don't know if it'll be good for anyone here to play. All I can say is that at least a demo exists.

Aside from that I wish I had big news on my end, but sadly not really.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If i remember correctly, it plays vs: Ridley from Metroid there as an enemy map theme.

I believe so, yes.

43 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You bastard

Thanks. I aim to please.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/462720733634887701/707495349304033370/unknown.png

I mean, come now. After everything that has happened, every choice I have made, did you seriously believe there was the slightest chance that I would not do this when presented with the option? Please. It was the only way it could've gone. You must've known that.

This is worst thing you could have done in this game

Is it really, though? I'm not sure, Alistair's cool enough, I suppose, but he's still just a single goofball. I don't think it quite beats the genocide of the Dalish, or sacrificing the elven slaves (my own dad included) to give myself 1 constitution, or destroying the magic ashes that can cure any ill and proceeding to murder the old woman who had done nothing but selflessly help. Thankfully I only did three of these four things.

...I mean, suuuuuuure, there's the tiny, insignificant detail that I could've prevented Alistair's death and at least let him go free by passing a speech check - which I would've easily done with my maxed out coercion - and instead chose to push for his decapitation. But let's gloss over the minute triffles.

Hey, this Kelik guy looks very cool

I'll bet he can handle some weight.

It's persona

Oh.

...I'd just like to know why everyone is dressed in their regular attires except for Hero. What's up with that?

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Missed this, but I havent even finished yet. Gameplay isnt great enough to warrant rushing it, lmao.

That's too bad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, WraithReborn said:

…After many drinks of strong liquor I think I’m better now…for the most part…

Play TLP old man. You can use an old man in it. And the hack itself is old. It should appeal to you in every possible way!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Play TLP old man. You can use an old man in it. And the hack itself is old. It should appeal to you in every possible way!

The cringe…the cringe Rubenio, and the laughable writing…

Reminder in case anyone forgot that I'm going to start my FE3 stream in 10 minutes. :v

I know there's a thread, but it seems no one's following there, so I assume posting here will actually get more people to see it. v:

10 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Reminder in case anyone forgot that I'm going to start my FE3 stream in 10 minutes. :v

I know there's a thread, but it seems no one's following there, so I assume posting here will actually get more people to see it. v:

Thanks for the reminder.

@Shrimperor does everyone need their own quartz for the finale or can I at least pass those around? I have absolutely no clue how I could ever get that much sepith.

What level should I be shooting for everyone anyway? I went to the abyss and just cleared the first level with Mueller, Julia, Josette and Zin.