Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

(This is really accurate cause Capcom killed off Zero like five times but it doesn't matter).

*Double checks*

Actually, it's three deaths. All canon. Though it's also possible in two other games for Zero to be badly injured, yet survive injuries that clearly do not appear to be fatal, so near-misses.

-Just wanted to say Metroid Dread gameplay footage has begun to leak, be careful.

Oh, and Metroid Prime 3 was intended to be more open world. Given your thoughts on prior MP backtracking, it was probably for the best for you that it wasn't.

And Metroid Dread will take about 4.1 GB of space. Originally it was listed as 6.9, Nintendo compression at work?

And Retro was getting tired of Prime after 2, and had already begun looking for a different Nintendo IP to play with, leading to DKCR.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

There's official merch and art you can buy of her that comes across as disingenuous when you consider the contents of that door in question. I'm not linking any of it.

Bad Falcom.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ouroborous is dogshit

I like them.

12 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

There's official merch and art you can buy of her that comes across as disingenuous when you consider the contents of that door in question. I'm not linking any of it.

actually i think Renne's is not official (unless they made a new official one)

Altina's and the others however are

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

Instead of playing The Last Promise as Rubenio’s madness demands, I’ll play Heretic instead. It’s a game from the 1990s I played when I was a little lad, still full of hopes and dreams for the future.

So wait, do you play as the heretic? I knew you were suspicious!

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just wanted to say Metroid Dread gameplay footage has begun to leak, be careful.

Broken street date? Or bypassing the the pre-load checks?

Anyways, sucks that the most anticipated game of the year is being leaked but if the OST leaks, send it my way.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given your thoughts on prior MP backtracking, it was probably for the best for you that it wasn't.

If they implemented teleport stations, it would've been fine. But it took Metroid until Samus Returns to do something like that.

Although Prime 3 does have you unlock several ship docks in each area, makes getting around more smoother.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like them.

They are admittidly not at their worst in Sky but they become a blight on the series in Crossbell and Cold Steel and probably Kuro. 

Ironically, the actual worst villain in the series has nothing to do with Ouroborous at all.

I can't believe it leaked that Mecha Crocomire is the final boss of Dread, I never expected him to come back.

As another thing about Fusion's bosses, it's cool that the bosses use the power ups you get from defeating them. It makes getting those abilities feel more rewarding. Speaking of which, I would like if Dread let you activate/deactivate power ups like in Super Metroid, but I don't expect it. Mix and matching different beams was fun.

Maybe now Metroid 1 is actually beatable... even if it sets your playtime to over 300 years.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, okay, maybe I do deserve the worst, but what about Pirate Zevran? Does he really deserve it? The worst thing he's done is boarding the rotten raisin. And, y'know, many counts of murder, but... He's cool tho!

Zevran is cool. Fuck the other elves however.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll take any excuse that gets you to continue Banner Saga!

I was going to continue the game anyway. I don't drop games when I start, especially the ones I paid money for.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SHE'S ACTING SO SHIFTY ABOUT IT! SHE 100% HAS ULTERIOR MOTIVES FOR THIS!

Nothing like letting an witch with questionable morality inherit the power of an Old God.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think the final battle is almost upon me. All I gotta do is climb to the top of Fort Drakon, beat up the dragon final boss because this apparently is a FE game and that'll be it.

One of the reasons I liked FE.

And even then it's taken me nearly 50 hours to beat the game... Yeah, this seems like one of those games where if you set out to do the 100% it'll take you like 200 frigging hours.

Personally? I think this game has struck a great balance the way I've played it. It hasn't been over so quickly I've been left wanting for more, nor has it lasted so long that I've started to want it to end so I can move on to other stuff.

And you have multiple origins to play through!

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They are admittidly not at their worst in Sky but they become a blight on the series in Crossbell and Cold Steel and probably Kuro. 

Ironically, the actual worst villain in the series has nothing to do with Ouroborous at all.

But Ouroboros means great music.

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Not gonna lie, seeing these characters standing with their hair moving in full flow just felt awkward to watch for me.

(Maybe I'm the only one who just feels weird about 60 FPS)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but if the OST leaks, send it my way.

Them some priorities here.

Hc8uYDn.png

nice

Man, just had to go on a selling spree because 350 inventory space is not enough for Thracia capture shenanigans

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ouroboros means great music

*used to mean

Edited by Shrimperor

Honestly, I think the biggest thing me and Shrimpy disagree about when it comes to modern Trails is not the writing or the characters. It's the music. This is what we disagree on the most. Because I think the music still bangs.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ouroboros means great music.

Well even terrible villains can still have banger boss themes

All right. Without further ado.

Let us have some dragon steak tonight.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

But Loewe. I mean, if you ask me, his death was actually kind of pointless and he should have lived to be playable in the next game. Sky 3rd did use it well, though—

His will to live was too loewe, that's why he died.

34 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Zevran is cool. Fuck the other elves however.

Hah! Now that's the sort of cold assessment I'd expect from my girl. And you were telling me I got too into the roleplaying...

I was going to continue the game anyway. I don't drop games when I start, especially the ones I paid money for.

Get to it then, what are you waiting for?

Nothing like letting an witch with questionable morality inherit the power of an Old God.

And let's not forget, the hag is still at large. This is a disaster waiting to happen, and I'm aaaaaaaaaall for it.

One of the reasons I liked FE.

You must be one of the very few people out there who consider dragon final boss an upside, then. Most folks would rather have literally anything else.

...Well, almost literally anything else. Veld is... kind of an exception.

And you have multiple origins to play through!

Yeah, tons of content that I haven't even touched, overall. But well, if I've learned something from all the open ended games I've played, it's that undertaking too many sidequests spells the death of the game for me. Because then I start getting sidetracked, I spend so much time away from the main quest that I lose interest in it, the gameplay loop starts getting tiresome before the end is in sight, and I don't have your commitment, so I end up quitting after exhausting all the interesting sidequests.

Of course, Dragon Age also has the benefit that its main quest is great. The dialogue is fun, the characters are interesting, the gameplay is fun and engaging, recruiting all the different armies is a cool goal that gives the campaign a real sense of progression, the decision-making is exactly the sort I'm all for... I had no need to veer off into sidequests because I was so invested in the real deal. Really, just overall a really good game that kept me engaged the whole way through. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but... well, yeah. There you have it. I am pleased. A bit janky at times, but... honestly, I enjoy some jank in my games. It's always funny.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not even good enough to be a normal battle theme lol

This one isn’t that bad. It kind of has that same problem as the one before where it feels like it doesn’t know where it’s trying to go, but other than those parts it’s actually pretty good.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This one isn’t that bad. It kind of has that same problem as the one before where it feels like it doesn’t know where it’s trying to go, but other than those parts it’s actually pretty good.

it just isn't fit to be a society theme. Which is a huge problem.

Especially since in CS2 we got this amazing track

But then CS3 we got a weak normal battle theme and CS4 is filled with trash (Well, and CS3 as well, but CS3 has a few decent tracks atleast)

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it just isn't fit to be a society theme. Which is a huge problem.

Oh.

I mean, I didn’t have the context so I just assumed the tone of this fight was different.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Don’t get you hopes up Dayni:

I mean, you do play a heretic. The video says he is.

I just expected the game would involve pursuing some heretical villain. That's me proven wrong.

Hush on his being branded a heretic by a warmonger.

Just now, Armagon said:

adopt-me-play-adopt-me.gif

(Is the mystic Arte just slashing two swords a bunch?)

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Shrimp-kun…

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wraith-chan...

*S-Support obtained*

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

adopt-me-play-adopt-me.gif

(Is the mystic Arte just slashing two swords a bunch?)

Namco could've collabed with something they actually own or you know, another video game like Persona 5, God knows we don't have enough of that but they really went SAO hahahahahhahahahah.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Maybe I'm the only one who just feels weird about 60 FPS)

Hey, I'm not alone! 30 just feels a lot more natural for me as well.

'Morning, all!