• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Forest lady love

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Get to it then, what are you waiting for?

https://images2.imgbox.com/06/1e/a7z2R3Jz_o.png

And I still have more on PS4

You must be one of the very few people out there who consider dragon final boss an upside, then. Most folks would rather have literally anything else.

Dragon final boss is only an upside if there's buildup to it

Yeah, tons of content that I haven't even touched, overall. But well, if I've learned something from all the open ended games I've played, it's that undertaking too many sidequests spells the death of the game for me. Because then I start getting sidetracked, I spend so much time away from the main quest that I lose interest in it, the gameplay loop starts getting tiresome before the end is in sight, and I don't have your commitment, so I end up quitting after exhausting all the interesting sidequests.

I share these feelings. It's also especially egregious to me when the game has an anti-grinding system of sorts cough cough Final Fantasy VIII

Of course, Dragon Age also has the benefit that its main quest is great. The dialogue is fun, the characters are interesting, the gameplay is fun and engaging, recruiting all the different armies is a cool goal that gives the campaign a real sense of progression, the decision-making is exactly the sort I'm all for... I had no need to veer off into sidequests because I was so invested in the real deal. Really, just overall a really good game that kept me engaged the whole way through. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but... well, yeah. There you have it. I am pleased. A bit janky at times, but... honestly, I enjoy some jank in my games. It's always funny.

I said to trust me

Wink Anime GIFs | Tenor

Plan to check out the other games in the series after finishing DA:O?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus fucking Christ, Sandal.

How the heck did you manage this and why didn't you join me sooner if you were capable of such things?

Enchantment!

Edited by Ghost_06_

THEY GAVE ME TUESDAY OFF LETS GOOOOOOOO

LeaJump.gif

I didn't even ask for Tuesday off, the stars just aligned for this one.

32 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Love how all of these have their icons and then there's Banner Saga 2.

Should I go with Petrify 2 or nothingness on Tita? If I go petrify 2 I can put nothingness on Estelle, who is part of my main team. But Tita attacks AoE.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, I'm not alone! 30 just feels a lot more natural for me as well.

It certainly can cause me more issues with 2D that's for sure.

Deirdre Grass/Psychic confirmed.

All right, after all that time the grind is finally over. Everyone has quartz and equipment and is leveled, so next time all that’s left is the final dungeon and boss which hopefully won’t take that long and I can finish the game today, maybe.

I even forged the best weapons with the zemurian ore I got. Ries, Estelle and Joshua all got one because of course, they’re units on my main team that have strength. That left one ore which I could have used on Kevin, my other main team member, but his offense is complete garbage, especially since I have a cast 3 on him, so I felt like that was a waste. I instead made one for Tita because the ultimate canon has a medium area of effect, which I thought would be fun.

Sten's final line in the game is a Portal reference.

Yep, that's perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Well, and that's it. Rather simple final battle, my girl, Morrigan and the army of mages murdered the dragon with ranged attacks while Funnyman and Zevran died multiple times. Then Morrigan escaped with her super powerful god of a child to no doubt become the main villain of the sequel. Everyone congratulated me for my heroism (clearly they haven't been paying attention) and then I demanded riches and land as a reward. Sten returned home, Oghren got drunk (I should mention I had taken all of his equipment for Sten after Orzammar, so he ran into the final battle in his tighty-whities. It was very in-character), the Funnyman got everything he had taken from him and given to me which he did not seem to mind too much, Zevran agreed to stay with me and fend off assassin attacks on the daily so he'd get to keep boarding the rotten raisin, Derrick was still a good boy, Leliana was still gone, Alistair and Wynne were still dead and what is a Shale again?

I already expressed my opinions in the earlier post, but well, yeah. It still goes. That was a pretty great game, way more than I expected it to be, which is always a great thing to say. I'll look into Awakening at a later date, but right now I'd like a change of pace. Not sure what I'll play next. We'll see.

...I still have no idea how I managed to save the world after all my awful, awful choices... Is there even a bad ending? If there is, I'm surprised I didn't manage to go straight for it...

40 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Oof. Well, point taken. But do keep it in mind. It's a great trilogy.

Dragon final boss is only an upside if there's buildup to it

Haha FE7.

I share these feelings.

Good.

It's also especially egregious to me when the game has an anti-grinding system of sorts cough cough Final Fantasy VIII

Ah, so you get nothing out of the sidequesting, is that it? Yeah, I can see how that'd be an issue, though I haven't ran into such a game.

I said to trust me

Wink Anime GIFs | Tenor

It was the right call to trust you after all. Who woulda thunk it. Still shocked you didn't secretly try to make me play a hentai game...

Plan to check out the other games in the series after finishing DA:O?

Well, not right now, but probably in the future.

Enchantment!

Enchantment indeed... Kid is insanely buff. War would've been over in no time if we'd sent Sandal after the dragon.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha FE7.

Yeah, a game all about stopping the madman from bringing dragons from the other side of the gate. Totally no build-up to fight... a dragon coming from the other side of the gate.

*surprised Pikachu face*

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, a game all about stopping the madman from bringing dragons from the other side of the gate. Totally no build-up to fight... a dragon coming from the other side of the gate.

*surprised Pikachu face*

Okay, maybe I forgot the plot of FE7.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Should I go with Petrify 2 or nothingness on Tita? If I go petrify 2 I can put nothingness on Estelle, who is part of my main team. But Tita attacks AoE.

As long as said unit cant be confused themselves, lmao.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Bad analogy there since Harry was right all along in that specific case.

I wasn't looking for someone to give context, hush.

Also, I haven't read or watched the series in years. So, so many years.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bad analogy there since Harry was right all along in that specific case.

Great analogy, actually. I am right all along in this specific case too. Because I said so.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I wasn't looking for someone to give context, hush.

Also, I haven't read or watched the series in years. So, so many years.

Same here, actually. Nowadays my exposure to Harry Potter is the odd "Dumbledore asked calmly" meme and YTPs. Unfortunate that Harry Potter isn't as popular as the Raimi Spidermans for YTPs, because I've seen some positively hilarious ones.

I’m watching the 1982 Conan the Barbarian film and I’ve got to say it’s pretty damn good. Although it’s not faithful to Robert E. Howard’s stories, it’s faithful to the spirit of the stories.

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As long as said unit cant be confused themselves, lmao.

Wait, what? Can nothingness confuse my characters?

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Same here, actually. Nowadays my exposure to Harry Potter is the odd "Dumbledore asked calmly" meme and YTPs. Unfortunate that Harry Potter isn't as popular as the Raimi Spidermans for YTPs, because I've seen some positively hilarious ones.