Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now, don't open this if you don't want to be seriously spoiled...

Reveal hidden contents

Samus...

Reveal hidden contents

Is a woman! DUN DUN DUN

Wow Acacia, I don’t know if I’d risk posting such a spoiler, even in a spoiler tag. You’re posting the biggest plot twist of the entire game.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So here's an actual good representation of what i mean on Tales of Graces extra dungeon since my explanation stunk like always:

fe5b8452bd34441a0488a36c2d00d0bf.png

I have to risk losing one of my higher leveled weapons (not the literal +, the tiers is what i mean but higher + adds to it's value) and as you can see, even though i keep every piece of equipment i come across, i have four choices. Now, if i want to enter a higher floor?

4c5995fa1a5bb5b3ea109f438442cbcb.png

One choice, and if i fail, then it's gone and i gotta build one to at least equal this ones value. It's stupid af that i have to put in so much risk here. Good job making me hate you more, Graces. XD

The E.M.M.I. spirit battle in Smash Ultimate

I'll pick up Dread later today, so then I can be terrified of the E.M.M.I. in their home series and in Smash! Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get more spirit events after Sora releases or if the Spirits of Dread will be the last one.

Youtube just recommended me a video with every Metroid Dread boss. Complete with four of them on display in the thumbnail. Good thing I don't care about this game, otherwise I'd be once again cursing Youtube.

In slightly more worrying news, it is also recommending me clips of Steins;Gate. But so far it seems to just be memes with very innocuous thumbnails. Thank God.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait didn't you like it? What's that supposed to mean?

nvm, I was still waking up when I read that and thought you were jokingly being skeptical of Steins;Gate not being like other anime

don't mind me, lmao

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

nvm, I was still waking up when I read that and thought you were jokingly being skeptical of Steins;Gate not being like other anime

don't mind me, lmao

Hahahahah... Well, I cannot blame you for assuming that I was being negative about anime. Usually that is the case.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Movement in Dread is so good that even moving underwater doesn't feel like shit.

Finally, the first good water level in Metroid.

>Solid movement in water

Sounds like masterpiece tier already

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Solid movement in water

Sounds like masterpiece tier already

Yeah, like you're still obviously hindered underwater until you get the Gravity Suit. But like, it doesn't suck is the key thing here. Going underwater without the Gravity Suit in Dread doesn't make me want to commit war crimes.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It doesn't fill you with dread.

Haha.

IMG_20211008_105421.jpg

That's pretty based. Yeah, this is from  Bethesda congratulating Nintendo on Dread's release.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The E.M.M.I. spirit battle in Smash Ultimate

Just did it. Thank fuck it's HP is low.

Spiritless would be dreadful, I know it.

Edited by Dayni

…The desolation of loneliness is made twice as unbearable after one has supped on the fruits of “genuine” love. It also makes a man twice as bitter, twice as envious and twice as covetous of that which he no longer has. 

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…The desolation of loneliness is made twice as unbearable after one has supped on the fruits of “genuine” love. It also makes a man twice as bitter, twice as envious and twice as covetous of that which he no longer has. 

Wraith, we need to learn to be self-sufficient. Dive into what you like and you'll feel better.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Wraith, we need to learn to be self-sufficient. Dive into what you like and you'll feel better.

What do you think I’ve been doing for the last three months?

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

What do you think I’ve been doing for the last three months?

Moping around in a forum of weebs /s

Come on, let's stop this doom and gloom and talk about something that brings you happiness. You said yesterday that you were educating the people of the Unpopular Opinions thread about pre-Tolkien fantasy. Which of those works is your favorite. Which one do you think deserved more recognition? Can any be an inspiration for FE?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Movement in Dread is so good that even moving underwater doesn't feel like shit.

Finally, the first good water level in Metroid.

Considering Samus wears a power suit capable of surviving in practically any environment, she should be the most water-adaptable character in all of Nintendo's lineup. Although possibly thematically boring (though Super Mario Sunshine did a banged up job with its tropical vacation approach, with yet more room to reasonably expand IMO), I think Samus could do a game set on a planetoid that is 95% covered in water. There should be more than a few of those out there in the universe.

Although maybe after Dread, they step back, and make that desired Sylux game if that isn't what MP4 is. With Samus's original arc ending here, maybe make a Hunters 2 spinoff, except this time you can play as the Hunters outside of multiplayer (can be new people if they want to ditch the old ones) and they actually get some development this time. Samus would be but one playable of several in this scheme. All to build up a world and lay the groundwork for a new arc.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20211008_105421.jpg

That's pretty based. Yeah, this is from  Bethesda congratulating Nintendo on Dread's release.

I like this, because it reminds us, that while fans get into Us vs. Them mentalities, the developers themselves don't necessarily see it that way. They're friendlier than we may wish to think.

Although maaaaaybe I would've made the coloring a little more orange.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Falcoom is known to be very conservative

The comments section on Gematsu had a surprisingly lengthy chat the Kuro sales.

According to the hearsay, Nippon Ichi Software was entirely responsible for the Switch ports of Trails, and get all the profits from them, one commenter questioned if Nihon Falcom even had a Switch developer's kit. One person cited several years' quotes about the company sticking to Playstation, and others said Kuro was made in a special Playstation-only game engine. Another thought some Kondo guy at the company will show proof of insanity if he makes the next Trails game PS5 exclusive, and hopefully that would make him liable to getting kicked out by the shareholders.

"Look at Gust and Ryza going multiplatform!" was one comment I frequently saw. Gust has gone from a nobody to a something, largely with that one decision. Transitioning to multiple systems may not pay immediate dividends (and ports years after the initial release don't count at all), but in the long run, they definitely could.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nice, more gameplay footage.

*Looks at the thumbnail*

Is the light above the visor actually a camera? Because if it isn't, fighting with the visor blocked isn't the smartest idea.

The Original protagonists are both... quirky. Neither has what I would call a heroic look to them. Although having whipped together so many Originals over time, maybe Dismal Dude and Slightly Awkward Girl are the result of not wanting to make anything typically heroic. 

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Endgame isn't much better i'm afraid, the enemies all having Nova barriers is irritating as well.

Now this I see as problem. While you can't have a team without one of Asbel, Cheria, Sophie, or Hubert; Malik and Pascal IIRC lack any barrier-breaking attacks.

Basic combo attacks are almost never useful in Tales games from what i can tell.

And yet, you have to use them 80% of the time, because TP is a limiter on Artes. 1 TP per normal hit, a few later game accessories, and a paltry post-battle quantity aren't enough. Gels I would rather save for bosses, because healers and mages are junk without TP, while the physical guys and gals can manage on basic hits.

Xenoblade has basic attacks, they are just auto.

Precisely. It does away with the need to put effort of button presses into them, because basic attacks aren't fun. Likewise by turning everything into Artes, ToG does away with the issue.