Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Looks at the thumbnail*

Is the light above the visor actually a camera? Because if it isn't, fighting with the visor blocked isn't the smartest idea.

The Original protagonists are both... quirky. Neither has what I would call a heroic look to them. Although having whipped together so many Originals over time, maybe Dismal Dude and Slightly Awkward Girl are the result of not wanting to make anything typically heroic. 

Considering the overall tech level of the setting, it likely employs 360 degree panoramic monitors on the cockpit like the Mobile Suits. As such there's little issue to the "visor" being blocked since what lets the pilot see the outside would be, well, all over the mecha.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

some Kondo guy

He is Falcom Prez xD

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Transitioning to multiple systems may not pay immediate dividends (and ports years after the initial release don't count at all), but in the long run, they definitely could

yeah they have a point. Falcom saw switch ports, which came out Years after initial release, fail and went ''nope we sticking to PS and let others port for us later''

Gush wasn't succesful on the switch at first, but they were able to build a player base and are now reaping the rewards. Falcom just wants instant rewards, which is idiotic ofc.

All this talk about Metroid Dread got me wanting to play a platformer. So I dusted off Rogue Legacy 2. I've had it for a while, but while the foundation was solid, it was still an early access game and lacked content. A lot of patches later, that is no longer an issue, so I feel more comfortable diving in. It's really fun! Every class feels unique and they're all fun to play. Already dispatched the first boss, he was a bit tough, but I got the attack patterns down quickly enough.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, you have to use them 80% of the time, because TP is a limiter on Artes. 1 TP per normal hit, a few later game accessories, and a paltry post-battle quantity aren't enough. Gels I would rather save for bosses, because healers and mages are junk without TP, while the physical guys and gals can manage on basic hits.

In Xillia you can taunt to restore TP. Mages can basically never run out and with the magic chain skill, instant magic with basically no cost.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Precisely. It does away with the need to put effort of button presses into them, because basic attacks aren't fun. Likewise by turning everything into Artes, ToG does away with the issue

Well... Would that work for Tales of?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All this talk about Metroid Dread got me wanting to play a platformer. So I dusted off Rogue Legacy 2. I've had it for a while, but while the foundation was solid, it was still an early access game and lacked content. A lot of patches later, that is no longer an issue, so I feel more comfortable diving in. It's really fun! Every class feels unique and they're all fun to play. Already dispatched the first boss, he was a bit tough, but I got the attack patterns down quickly enough.

Have you played the first one?

Curious to see what comparisons you'd make between them.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Have you played the first one?

First Rogue Legacy is one of my favorite platformers. I love that game so much. Steam says 117 hours, which is quite a lot for a game like this. It had that little something that really got me hooked.

Curious to see what comparisons you'd make between them.

Haven't played that much of 2 yet, just a few hours, but so far, it's more or less a straight improvement in most areas. The classes in the second game are more unique and better balanced than the first game's; there are more mechanics in place, more areas, more types of stuff to collect and find... Just, generally "more" of everything; you don't need to use a rune slot for the more or less vital dash ability, which I know is an oddly specific point to make, but damn that's welcome. Controls are a bit weirder at first, since it uses FPS controls to allow aiming some spells and weapons, but they're still fluid and responsive.

Visually it's got a gorgeous cartoonish style going on that I really dig. I thought the first one looked presentable enough, but it was very "budget pixel art", if you get what I'm saying. Cannot compare to the second one in that regard.

For the music... So far, I'd say the first one is still a bit better, but they're both good.

Story's the only aspect where I wouldn't be able to tell just yet. I mean, obviously. Both games are light on that front, but the first one had a simple plot line with an effective twist that I'm super fond of. We'll see if the second one can manage that much. Of course, game's still not finished yet. Nearly there, but not quite.

So yeah. While I haven't played much yet, I'd say the second one is looking to be a direct improvement on the first one in most aspects. They play similarly, but 2 feels like they have a better idea of what they're doing - a part of it being that they've been in Early Access for like a year, listening to the community's feedback and adjusting the game accordingly.

That being said, I'd still recommend picking up the first one if you haven't played either. The first one is shorter, easier (not that it's easy, mind you, but it's easier than two, from what I've seen so far) and cheaper, so it would make for a better introduction, and then if it hooks you as much as it did me, you can move on to the second one. And let's not forget, the second one is almost done, but "almost" does not mean it is quite there yet. First one, meanwhile, is set in stone at this point. They even officially incorporated a rebalance mod that you can play separately. It changes quite a few things and adds some areas and bosses. I didn't think it was that astounding, but it's worth checking into.

For those of you who aren't fond of roguelikes (which I know are many in this thread), it calls itself "roguelite" and not "like" for a reason. There is actual progression in both games. Yes, the map is randomly generated and if you die, you lose all progress on it*, but with the gold you gain, you can upgrade yourself, unlock new classes or purchase equipment. So there's a real feeling of "yes, I'm getting somewhere," especially after you unlock a new class.

* If you just want to keep trying against a boss without having to find them all over again, there's an option in both games to lock down the map, at the cost of gaining less gold. Really handy.

Sooo yeah. You can consider this my endorsement for both games. Awesome platformers, right there.

Whew, that took a while to type.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That ending is sadly true.

I find it funny how clean I felt knowing we saw the last fighter, just how it was a simple end to all the questions and arguing. No more worry, no more watching with "oh boy I'd like to see x" in my head.

Yeah, just wanted to say why I was so chill to Sora getting in.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, I'd still recommend picking up the first one if you haven't played either. The first one is shorter, easier (not that it's easy, mind you, but it's easier than two, from what I've seen so far) and cheaper, so it would make for a better introduction, and then if it hooks you as much as it did me, you can move on to the second one. And let's not forget, the second one is almost done, but "almost" does not mean it is quite there yet. First one, meanwhile, is set in stone at this point. They even officially incorporated a rebalance mod that you can play separately. It changes quite a few things and adds some areas and bosses. I didn't think it was that astounding, but it's worth checking into.

I asked because I have the first one and was curious about 2.

Also official rebalance? Man, it's been a while, but I didn't know about that.

The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.

The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline. —Finite.

It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.

The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.

It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

This can be said to be God's final warning to those who resist

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.

Which implies that wisdom leads to decline?

So any gaining of understanding is futile?

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

I suppose these words are just not connecting for me. It ends up feeling like "no there's limits, stop being idiots" lines to me.

(Considering it was some of fishes' ancestors that became the ancestors of land animals, poor choice of comparison for me. But if they're supposed to be on about wisdom, maybe that can explain the wisdom of the Cetaceans)

Is this from anyone in particular?

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline. —Finite.

Shrimpy reaching true enlightenment? Xd

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is this from anyone in particular?

This is the 'Slogan' of Steins;Gate (Text Under title)

Not something i particularly agree with, as curiousity and reaching for knowledge is part of being Human, but knowledge can be dangerous, which i guess is the point of the ''Slogan'', and can lead to demise. Doesn't mean it will have to lead to demise tho.

Although since Steins;Gate deals with Time travel, i can see why the text is written in such a way that it meant ''demise''. Because imagine humanity gaining access to such a tech. Sure many of us say we will fix mistakes and stuff, but reality probaby would be more like scum using it to gain more power.

Still, if you ask me if we should try to reach such ''forbidden knowledge'' i would most likely say we should, but using it is another matter. 

Edited by Shrimperor

49 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I asked because I have the first one and was curious about 2.

2's great so far and almost done, I would recommend it.

Also official rebalance?

Fanmade rebalance, officially incorporated. You can choose whether to boot it or the original on Steam. Nifty move on the part of the devs.

Man, it's been a while, but I didn't know about that.

Yeah this happened relatively recently.

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...What?

So which anime does this come from?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Steins;Gate

Ahahahahah... I called it. I'm a friggin' genius, I called it'd be from an anime.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I wanna go home and play more Metroid, why did I get the morning to night shift today?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

. With Samus's original arc ending here, maybe make a Hunters 2 spinoff, except this time you can play as the Hunters outside of multiplayer (can be new people if they want to ditch the old ones) and they actually get some development this time

And a multiplayer-focused spin-off would be much more warmly received. The future of Metroid has never been so bright.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Look at Gust and Ryza going multiplatform!" was one comment I frequently saw. Gust has gone from a nobody to a something, largely with that one decision. 

I'm about to go into "um actually" mode but the first Atelier to go multiplat was Sophie back in 2016, since it got a Steam version. Lydie & Sulle was the first to come to Switch but as we all know, it was Ryza that became the breakout hit and made people more aware of Gust.

Basically the point still stands but I wanted to point this out lol.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Because imagine humanity gaining access to such a tech. Sure many of us say we will fix mistakes and stuff, but reality probaby would be more like scum using it to gain more power.

The damages it could cause would depend on which theory would he proven correct. Does traveling back in time alter the past and thus the present or does it simply create a new timeline?

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I wish they had more screentime together

Larcei's hand actually can't possibly be in that position.

The one explanation that makes sense is Leif has her glove on...... but now I'm looking at the other hands and am now more confused.

https://c.tenor.com/CowGNQSUsOYAAAAC/confused-math.gif

Larcei's hand actually can't possibly be in that position.

The one explanation that makes sense is Leif has her glove on...... but now I'm looking at the other hands and am now more confused.

https://c.tenor.com/CowGNQSUsOYAAAAC/confused-math.gif

It's Lief's. The white glove is Seliph's, and the black one Ares'.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The damages it could cause would depend on which theory would he proven correct. Does traveling back in time alter the past and thus the present or does it simply create a new timeline?

New timeline might be better for us if a scum person gets his way, but the poor new timeline will suffer xD

S;G has a unique take on it which is kinda both but at the same time not any of these 2. Saying more will be a spoiler...

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is the most Larcei looking Seliph I've ever seen.

Yeah, the two have the same hairstyle. XD

The difference is that Seliph's is longer, but tied up in a ponytail. Though in the pic it's not visible.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All right, reached the second area in Rogue Legacy 2.

Oh yeah, now this is where it's truly coming apart from the first game. This area is so fucking cool.

Also, shortcuts. They cost an eye and a liver, but they're great, since areas seem a lot bigger in this game than the first.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Saying more will be a spoiler...

Watch your words, Shrimpy. You have, against all odds, made me show moderate interest in anime. Ruin it at your own peril.

Edited by Saint Rubenio