Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, the two have the same hairstyle. XD

The difference is that Seliph's is longer, but tied up in a ponytail. Though in the pic it's not visible.

The hair colour in the pic's also purple. Which isn't either's hair colour but I guess I associated it with Larcei's attire.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

When the villain that the writers made too overpowered gets nerfed cause otherwise there'd be no story.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

S;G has a unique take on it which is kinda both but at the same time not any of these 2.

Schrodinger's time-travel.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

When the villain that the writers made too overpowered gets nerfed cause otherwise there'd be no story.

So is What If just meh?

Also I thought this was from MvC on the thumbnail.

Just now, Dayni said:

So is What If just meh?

Uhhhhhhh

It depends. Some stories are neat, others are meh. But I wish each episode was standalone honestly. Even if What If Ultron is batter than Age of Ultron.....Ultron, I don't think there needed to be a Multiverse version of the Avengers. But it's the MCU, I should've known better that we're not allowed to have standalone content

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wish his Age of Ultron's version was menacing...

Trails of Cold Steel may have the handsome McBurn as the ultimate badass, but I found another being even he would hesitate to fight. It’s also fitting seeing that Halloween is right around the corner as well.

Okay, Yamazaki done, Mitsuhide's story is over. And as expected, the other fight was Hideyoshi's perspective of the battle, which is much easier, as it should be given the circumstances.

Hashiba was done dirty. Tokugawa had a pleasant purely fictional battle against pure evil to cement his claim as Nobunaga's successor. Hideyoshi had to kill Mitsuhide, who, without historical grounds for it, Koei always portrays as an ill-fated, tragic individual in his betrayal of Nobunaga. Not only that, but Ieyasu is portrayed as humble after his victory, Hideyoshi is portrayed as selfish. When it comes to the two companions, Ieyasu has the luck of Ninja Master Hanzo and The Invincible Tadakatsu, Hideyoshi has the genius Kanbei, but for the other general they gave him a bland, almost-OC ninja. Hashiba wasn't poorly portrayed hitherto Yamazaki, and he got along well with Mitsuhide, but he showed little empathy to the man in their final encounter. As it stands, come SW6, I'm rooting for Tokugawa all the way. Fix this imbalance KT, and no, Ishidere does not appeal to me.

Speaking of Mitsunaridiot, I read he is indirectly responsible Gracia's death. Considering her traitor daddy won't be around in SW6, will she show up in the next iteration of SW? Mitsuki basically replaced her in this game as Mitsuhide's "daughter". Gracia has been an odd character in SW, have they ever directly referred to her Christianity and her martyrdom? They're the two things that make her famous besides being Mitsuhide's daughter, but the topic is sensitive, given the Tokugawa persecuted Christianity out of existence in Japan for several centuries. 

Now it's the Secret History that's all that remains. Need to go back to Okehazama and S rank that. Shouldn't be difficult at all.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the overall tech level of the setting, it likely employs 360 degree panoramic monitors on the cockpit like the Mobile Suits. As such there's little issue to the "visor" being blocked since what lets the pilot see the outside would be, well, all over the mecha.

Ah, that technology, I see. I know of it, but I wasn't aware Mobile Suits have it. Ofc the Huckebein is a tribute to Gundam, and such a visualization system isn't capable of being copyrighted, like the v-fins and probably the term "funnels" are.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Gush wasn't succesful on the switch at first, but they were able to build a player base and are now reaping the rewards. Falcom just wants instant rewards, which is idiotic ofc.

They aren't the only idiots out there. EA whines about Switch and does those scummy FIFA "Legacy" Editions. And Square is limiting mainline Kingdom Hearts on Switch to lolCloud versions (although maybe it's b/c Sony is getting in the way, Cloud-gaming in this case would be a loophole, as streaming on the Switch is technically not the same as the games running on the Switch).

A few voices were saying Kuro struggles to run on the PS4, but given XC2 to name a more demanding JRPG, runs on Switch, it's probably all programmers' inadequacy.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... Would that work for Tales of?

No, automating auto attacks wouldn't work for Tales. But again, Graces provided a solution, the A & B Artes divide. A Artes are flashier and more fun than basic attacks in other games.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And a multiplayer-focused spin-off would be much more warmly received. The future of Metroid has never been so bright.

It seems some people liked the Prime 2 multiplayer mode. And it was what made Hunters sell, half of a million between Japan and North America ain't bad.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lydie & Sulle was the first to come to Switch but as we all know, it was Ryza that became the breakout hit and made people more aware of Gust.

Basically the point still stands but I wanted to point this out lol.

Hence the addendum "it might not sell big at first, but with time it might".

If I had every nickle for every time I used a frying pan to set enemies on fire, I'd have 2 nickles. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Anyway, cook class best class in Rogue Legacy 2. Not really, but it's just hilarious.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Falcom is infamous for Spaghetti code.

I’ve been meaning to ask you Shrimp-kun two things. Firstly what is Falcom’s best written game and secondly which arc of the Trails series has the best writing?

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okay, Yamazaki done, Mitsuhide's story is over. And as expected, the other fight was Hideyoshi's perspective of the battle, which is much easier, as it should be given the circumstances.

Hashiba was done dirty. Tokugawa had a pleasant purely fictional battle against pure evil to cement his claim as Nobunaga's successor. Hideyoshi had to kill Mitsuhide, who, without historical grounds for it, Koei always portrays as an ill-fated, tragic individual in his betrayal of Nobunaga. Not only that, but Ieyasu is portrayed as humble after his victory, Hideyoshi is portrayed as selfish. When it comes to the two companions, Ieyasu has the luck of Ninja Master Hanzo and The Invincible Tadakatsu, Hideyoshi has the genius Kanbei, but for the other general they gave him a bland, almost-OC ninja. Hashiba wasn't poorly portrayed hitherto Yamazaki, and he got along well with Mitsuhide, but he showed little empathy to the man in their final encounter. As it stands, come SW6, I'm rooting for Tokugawa all the way. Fix this imbalance KT, and no, Ishidere does not appeal to me.

Speaking of Mitsunaridiot, I read he is indirectly responsible Gracia's death. Considering her traitor daddy won't be around in SW6, will she show up in the next iteration of SW? Mitsuki basically replaced her in this game as Mitsuhide's "daughter". Gracia has been an odd character in SW, have they ever directly referred to her Christianity and her martyrdom? They're the two things that make her famous besides being Mitsuhide's daughter, but the topic is sensitive, given the Tokugawa persecuted Christianity out of existence in Japan for several centuries. 

Discrimination against the peasant upstart, aren't they.

Best I know... nope. In fact, nothing that has to do outside Japan ever does. You never see the failed invasion of Korea ever brought either, is it. Ironic, since Gracia is her Baptist name, so you'd think they'd also just call her with her original name Tama. Yet they don't.

Ah, that technology, I see. I know of it, but I wasn't aware Mobile Suits have it. Ofc the Huckebein is a tribute to Gundam, and such a visualization system isn't capable of being copyrighted, like the v-fins and probably the term "funnels" are.

Don't remember when it started, but by Char's Counterattack era you had the mechs sporting those panoramic monitors, yeah. Or starting to, since I think most of the "grunt" mechs still had it otherwise. But stuff like Sazabi, Nu Gundam, Alpha Aziel... definitely. Heck, the game itself shows the jump in technology, since Amuros' cut-in while piloting the original RX-78 has him using a targeting reticle, like Luke during the Death Star run.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I’ve been meaning to ask you Shrimp-kun two things. Firstly what is Falcom’s best written game and secondly which arc of the Trails series has the best writing?

Trails in the Sky Trilogy

And/or Ys 8

Edited by Shrimperor

No, automating auto attacks wouldn't work for Tales. But again, Graces provided a solution, the A & B Artes divide. A Artes are flashier and more fun than basic attacks in other games.

But you also lose out on the extra artes that Vesperia/Xillia had equipable at base. I prefer 8/14 artes to more basic attacks that wont ever go through the enemies armor 80% of the time, personally. 

The concept was fine, but they screwed it by making the core trash.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Wraith, showing some interest in the anime of the younglings?

...I swear, if Wraith plays Trails and ends up liking it too I'm...

I dunno what I'll do, but it's gonna feel really weird.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That would just mean your tastes are pretty strange, Ruben. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don’t get your hopes up Rubenio, I have no interest in having to sink hundreds upon hundreds of hours to finish a series when I can use that time to read instead. 

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails in the Sky Trilogy

And/or Ys 8

Welcome home, prodigal son…

Edited by WraithReborn

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You'd think he'd be into the anime of the oldies. Like Legend of the Galactic Heroes...

While older anime does appeal more to my tastes, I’m just not all that interested in it. I find that classics in terms of both speculative fiction and the Western canon are far more interesting to me.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I have no interest in have to sink hundreds upon hundreds of hours to go it’s series when I can use that time to read instead. 

Wow, you wont hear this too often!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, you wont hear this too often!

Damn my dyslexia. Honestly if you spend any amount of time reading the classics in speculative fiction or the Western canon you really begin to see how bland a lot of anime or modern Western media really is by comparison.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Damn my dyslexia. Honestly if you spend any amount of time reading the classics in speculative fiction or the Western canon you really begin to see how bland a lot of anime or modern Western media really is by comparison.

That so? You know, I've heard talk of an ancient compilation of fairy tales that I have a feeling you might quite enjoy. It's just old enough that it might do the trick, and it has emperors and the slaying of heretics, which I know greatly appeals to you.

It's called "the Bible." You probably haven't heard of it, it's relatively unknown.

I am very sorry Christians of the thread

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That so? You know, I've heard talk of an ancient compilation of fairy tales that I have a feeling you might quite enjoy. It's just old enough that it might do the trick, and it has emperors and the slaying of heretics, which I know greatly appeals to you.

It's called "the Bible." You probably haven't heard of it, it's relatively unknown.

I am very sorry Christians of the thread

It’s on my reading list.