• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No, Old Follower

I am finally FREE!

I merely re-awakened!

The Trails seal holding me back... is finally gone, and the Emperor of the Shrimps is back again!

…It’s almost like I can still hear him, the Shrimp-kun we all once knew.

I just checked the thread @lightcosmo was referring to.

"Called my reply lazy" is one hell of an understatement. Dude went completely ballistic because he didn't instantly get what he wanted handed to him on a silver platter scratch that, Cosmo gave him a better solution and he got angry becauee it wasn't exactly what he wanted. Makes me wonder if he was a dumb troll from the start, his response to Cosmo was so absurdly over-the-top.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

…So they win the battle by getting an idol to sing…yeah, sounds about right.

By making some of the aliens remember that there's more to life than just war, pretty much.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

…It’s almost like I can still hear him, the Shrimp-kun we all once knew.

The Shrimp-kun you once knew is nothing but a facade, a Faker!

Now the True Emperor of the Shrimps awakened! The one not under Trails' Control!

The one who will achieve the promoised time line

El

Fish

Shrimpoo

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently playing Tales of Abyss again! God Luke is hilarious as a character early on, haha.

nice

been revisiting the game myself to actually finish it this time around

figured I might as well finish one I've started before getting into another Tales game entirely, lol

#siscon from Saint 💜

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently playing Tales of Abyss again! God Luke is hilarious as a character early on, haha.

The best protagonist

Are you playing the PS2 or the 3DS version?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Shrimp-kun you once knew is nothing but a facade, a Faker!

Now the True Emperor of the Shrimps awakened! The one not under Trails' Control!

The one who will achieve the promoised time line

El

Fish

Shrimpoo

…I have to make peace with the fact that he’s gone. May the Emperor give him mercy, for if ever a man need such grace it was Shrimp-kun.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I have nothing to add, but phone Serenes makes it impossible to remove this.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

#siscon from Saint 💜

Classic Ephraim.

...still feeling like playing some Sacred Stones, to be honest, but I played a bit of Sacred Trilogy and at least in the earlygame it did nothing to fix the big problem, the difficulty.

Maybe I'll just resort to the ol' "increase enemy growths through the randomizer" trick. Last time I went too far and the lategame became hell, but a bit less should be good.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wraith looks like they type to enjoy ''A little Sister is all you need''

The EMPEROR is Shrimp-kun’s shepherd; he shall not want.

He maketh Shrimp-kun to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth Shrimp-kun beside the still waters.

He restoreth Shrimp-kun’s soul: he leadeth  Shrimp-kun in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though Shrimp-kun walks through the valley of the shadow of death, he will fear no evil: for thou art with Shrimp-kun; thy rod and thy staff they comfort him.

Thou preparest a table before Shrimp-kun in the presence of his enemies: thou anointest his head with oil; his cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow Shrimp-kun all the days of his life: and Shrimp-kun will dwell in the house of the EMPEROR  forever.

Edited by WraithReborn

Dragon Age Origins is kind of a slow game, isn’t it? I feel like I’ve been doing nothing in Lothering for five hours.

Which is probably my fault because dialogue takes forever and I keep talking to everyone.

Almost done with Citadel Mode in SW5, I got two, maybe three fights in it left. As non-Musou Mode content, it's lacking, every fight is the same- randomized enemies and three randomized objectives, the only difference being the map. I blitzed it all on Easy, since I need at least B ranks to unlock the next mission. I intend to grind it more to unlock almost all the friendship events and put the final upgrades into the facilities afterwards.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, at least they are opening up to things instead of just acting like Japan exists in a vacuum, heh.

I think there could be room to show it a tad more. We see Nobunaga and his successors rise in power, but we never scenes of court life, only war room discussions (and the reception party of Nobunaga's and No's wedding in SW5). Slipping in such a scene, with like two Europeans sitting down among the twenty Japanese present, could be another way of indicating how much Nobunaga/Hideyoshi/Ieyasu has risen.

If it's any consolation, while sad, it's almost a given that maybe not every OG content will be in OGverse. 64's are basically barred due to Banpresto not fully owning them. That's why A went for "totally not the same, we swear" ersatz designs instead of reusing 64's. And also some of the story elements. Like for example, Lamia's cover story of Angelg being built by her father is taken from Manami Hamill's backstory where her mecha, the Simurgh, was indeed built by her father.

I'm aware of the Hudson Soft SRW64 ownership issue, and I've seen pictures of the Vairose, Earthgain (note the codename in OG for the Soulgain is stated at one point to be EG-X (EarthGain-X), and Rathgrith and Ash Saber predecessors. Didn't know A Lamia made a nod to 64's backstory though.

We'll also forever be denied the six 4th/F protagonists who aren't Irm and Ring though Ring hasn't been playable since OG2. It might've been implied they were Team VTX, and all died when the 008R blew up. -Although I'm aware that Z does this thing where the Z1's heroine option sees her companions die, only for Asakim to bring in parallel-world versions of them in a later game. If Z shows up in OG, I wouldn't mind them spicing things up by "resurrecting" the missing six. OG could whip together some new mechs for them. It's slightly odd they never showed up, and yet included all the Alpha protagonists but please give Carla something better than a mass-production unit inferior to Yuuki's next game

There is also the question of if Banpresto keeps to their "no SRW subseries can have more than 3-4ish titles" rule with OG. 2-3-Ex-4 (and Masoukishin 1 and sorta SRW1?), Alpha-AG-A2-A3, Z1, Z2-1/Z2-2/Z3-3, Masoukishin 1-2-3-F, VTX if it counts. Moon Dwellers being unnumbered allowed them to slip it in, and OG2 being consolidated with OG1 let them brush that under the rug, and maybe OG Gaiden can be explained away as not in the same situation as AG. But who knows? 3rd OG could be the final game, or they could go and say "OG F" will be the last. Eventually it ought to end however, and then they can reboot with a second OGverse wherein they can rearrange the same old vases, if they're so interested.

It's not a coincidence they chose Shadow Mirror as a name. It's not just for the whole parallel world stuff

While I'll get to A Portable eventually, did the A Shadow Mirrors bring over any parallel versions of licensed characters? Considering what you said of the Classicverse's DC being filled with licensed characters, I would half-expect it to be the case. Unless Banpresto had chosen to more cleanly separate its original stuff from the licenses later on.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So that's his Eternal Sonata.

There are three pianos scattered across the game's towns, one of them I remember when interacted with does play Chopin's Funeral March (I believe it was appropriately in the town known as Elegy of the Moon a place where select souls go), I forget what the other two compositions were.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just checked the thread @lightcosmo was referring to.

"Called my reply lazy" is one hell of an understatement. Dude went completely ballistic because he didn't instantly get what he wanted handed to him on a silver platter scratch that, Cosmo gave him a better solution and he got angry becauee it wasn't exactly what he wanted. Makes me wonder if he was a dumb troll from the start, his response to Cosmo was so absurdly over-the-top.

Yeah that's sums it up well enough. And besides, I cant do much since im not on their end. 

44 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The best protagonist

Are you playing the PS2 or the 3DS version?

PS2 since im emulating it. I want to get a physical copy but the game is expensive.