Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Emperor of Shrimps is immune to Faith Type Attacks!

Pero pero attack!

peropero.gif

Emperor, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing. My faith must be as bottomless as the insanity of this thread of Teehee, this den of inequity, this neo-Babylon. Forgive Shrimp-kun Emperor, do not forsake him to the ruinous powers of Teehee.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dragon Age Origins is kind of a slow game, isn’t it? I feel like I’ve been doing nothing in Lothering for five hours.

Which is probably my fault because dialogue takes forever and I keep talking to everyone.

>5 hours in Lothering

Are you trying to complete all the quests available?

Hey I just want to let you guys know that Metroid Dread has already joined the Masterpiece Club. I'm not even done with the game but it's already proven itself.

Where it actually ends up depends on how it all ends.

Also I wanna say that definitely play Samus Returns first. Dread improved on it's mechanics too much, revisiting SR will be very difficult.

Anyways literally my one gripe with Metroid Dread is that the soundtrack is kinda weak. But tbf, I've always felt that Metroid soundtracks were on the weaker side, Zero Mission and Prime 3 being the two exceptions.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

>5 hours in Lothering

The fabled Sooks%

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

>5 hours in Lothering

It felt like 5 hours, I have no idea how much time I actually was there.

Pretty much all I did was talk to people, I accepted some quests but did two in two seconds and didn’t do any others (unless the prisoner counts as a side quest). I only talked to a few.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of the Hudson Soft SRW64 ownership issue, and I've seen pictures of the Vairose, Earthgain (note the codename in OG for the Soulgain is stated at one point to be EG-X (EarthGain-X), and Rathgrith and Ash Saber predecessors. Didn't know A Lamia made a nod to 64's backstory though.

Yeah, the mecha's codenames were also references, yep. A did lots of nods to 64. Another one, quite a big one actually. The pilot of the Earthgain, Brad Skywind, his backstory includes the mention of a man in a Gespenst mk III... HMMM, I wonder who (BEOWULF) could it be...!? Then consider Brad looks like this:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Brad_Skywind_4833.png

Yeah, that's just Axel with spikier hair, a forehead scar, and a red suit. lol

All in all, it made plenty of people think or theorize the Shadow Mirrors came from 64's world. Specially since some things do match. Like how Vindel mentions Char took leadership of Neo Zeon back in his world, which does happen in 64 complete with attempted Axis drop. On the other hand, there's also evidence against it. Like how A states that in the Shadow Mirrors' world, Amuro died in the One Year War, but in 64 he's very much alive.

We'll also forever be denied the six 4th/F protagonists who aren't Irm and Ring. It might've been implied they were Team VTX, and all died when the 008R blew up. -Although I'm aware that Z does this thing where the Z1's heroine option sees her companions die, only for Asakim to bring in parallel-world versions of them in a later game. If Z shows up in OG, I wouldn't mind them spicing things up by "resurrecting" the missing six. OG could whip together some new mechs for them. It's slightly odd they never showed up, and yet included all the Alpha protagonists but please give Carla something better than a mass-production unit inferior to Yuuki's next game

Team PTX, actually. Perhaps they might do that. Or maybe they go the route that the explosion simply sent them into another world. Like what it may happen now with the 008R if it turns out to really be the what got redesigned into the 30. But for now... who knows. It's all speculation at this point.

There is also the question of if Banpresto keeps to their "no SRW subseries can have more than 3-4ish titles" rule with OG. 2-3-Ex-4 (and Masoukishin 1 and sorta SRW1?), Alpha-AG-A2-A3, Z1, Z2-1/Z2-2/Z3-3, Masoukishin 1-2-3-F, VTX if it counts. Moon Dwellers being unnumbered allowed them to slip it in, and OG2 being consolidated with OG1 let them brush that under the rug, and maybe OG Gaiden can be explained away as not in the same situation as AG. But who knows? 3rd OG could be the final game, or they could go and say "OG F" will be the last. Eventually it ought to end however, and then they can reboot with a second OGverse wherein they can rearrange the same old vases, if they're so interested.

They can do at least five. Z3 was also split in two games, so the Zverse has five games. Technically six if we include Z's special edition, since it did added a couple more stuff. Classicverse also kinda did five if you consider the alternate F and FF instead of 4. OGverse, if we count OGs instead of OG1 and OG2, has definitely four games now with OGs, OGG, 2nd OG, and Moon Dwellers, and we're due a fifth game now. So it opens up the possibility of OGverse really having several more games than the norm.

While I'll get to A Portable eventually, did the A Shadow Mirrors bring over any parallel versions of licensed characters? Considering what you said of the Classicverse's DC being filled with licensed characters, I would half-expect it to be the case. Unless Banpresto had chosen to more cleanly separate its original stuff from the licenses later on.

Nope. They didn't really exploit that story potential. It's just OG's composing Shadow Mirror. They do deploy non-OG mechas in the final stage, but that was more "we infiltrated various groups and got intel to make our own mechas." But characters? Absolutely no.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I wanna say that definitely play Samus Returns first. Dread improved on it's mechanics too much, revisiting SR will be very difficult.

Or just play AM2R instead, the better remake. ;')

Jokes aside, SR is a good game.

Just nowhere near as good as AM2R, if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Or just play AM2R instead, the better remake. ;')

If I get really bored.

Fan-games of existing material don't appeal to me to much. I can't explain it, it's just how it is.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fan-games of existing material don't appeal to me to much. I can't explain it, it's just how it is.

I also don’t really enjoy fan-games or really fanfics in general. I read a few fanfics when I was a teenager but they never did much for me.

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Emperor of Shrimps is immune to Faith Type Attacks!

Pero pero attack!

Pero means but in Spanish. This is literally the But But attack.

peropero.gif

Also what the absolute balloonicorns am I looking at.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dragon Age Origins is kind of a slow game, isn’t it? I feel like I’ve been doing nothing in Lothering for five hours.

No, that's just the Sooks%. The game is... A wee bit on the slower side, I feel, but certainly not Trails level. So yeah. It's you.

Which is probably my fault because dialogue takes forever and I keep talking to everyone.

Case in point.

24 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

>5 hours in Lothering

I completed all the Lothering quests and I'm pretty sure I didn't take 5 hours.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also what the absolute balloonicorns am I looking at.

Madness…Teehee madness Rubenio. We’ve lost Shrimp-kun to it, and now only the Emperor can save his poor soul.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy should change it to the perro perro attack. Much better, wouldn’t you say?

No, that's just the Sooks%. The game is... A wee bit on the slower side, I feel, but certainly not Trails level. So yeah. It's you.

Trails is much faster than this, likely because you have to read instead of listening to everyone speak.

Case in point.

I completed all the Lothering quests and I'm pretty sure I didn't take 5 hours.

It just felt like 5 hours, and I barely spent any time on side quests, just talking!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

alternatively, the better version from the anime

From the what? What anime?

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Team PTX, actually.

Whoops! The recent games were interfering with my mind!😆

Yeah, the mecha's codenames were also references, yep. A did lots of nods to 64. Another one, quite a big one actually. The pilot of the Earthgain, Brad Skywind, his backstory includes the mention of a man in a Gespenst mk III... HMMM, I wonder who (BEOWULF) could it be...!? Then consider Brad looks like this:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Brad_Skywind_4833.png

Yeah, that's just Axel with spikier hair, a forehead scar, and a red suit. lol

Dang! And here I thought that was that had to be an OG invention. Neat to see them use it in another game, even if they botched Axel's character in the process first time around (and yes I know of his split personality that's been around since A- silly amnesia hero & serious villain).

They can do at least five. Z3 was also split in two games

Another mind slippage. When I'm writing so much text at once, typos are bound to happen no matter cow much I proofread.😅

Nope. They didn't really exploit that story potential. It's just OG's composing Shadow Mirror. They do deploy non-OG mechas in the final stage, but that was more "we infiltrated various groups and got intel to make our own mechas." But characters? Absolutely no.

Drat. Even if I don't know any of the characters, that's wasted potential. Surely there could've been a few villains or anti-heroes or people desperate for a new start who would've thought Vindel sane/their best option and jumped with him. 

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But when spoken, pero is pronounced the same as perro, which means dog.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

the Trails anime made that covers the events of the first two games

More like skips the first game and rewrites the second.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Trails is much faster than this, likely because you have to read instead of listening to everyone speak.

...what?

Are you fucking kidding me, Sooks? You're telling me that you looked at these two games:

- Game 1: within the first like 4 hours, sets up the conflict and the major characters, everything goes to shit, plots are twisted and then you're left stranded with a few companions, weak and helpless but still with a concrete endgame goal and the steps to achieve it.

- Game 2: At the 10th hour all that has happened is the two MCs have interacted, they have chased Team Rocket, achieved nothing because they escaped, and have set out with the goal of obtaining the gym badges[s/] guild recommendations.

And you tell me game 2 is faster?

...You do know you can skip the voice acting by clicking a button, right? You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

the Trails anime made that covers the events of the first two games

Maybe I should check it out. I might actually like it, and then I could stop feeling like shit every time someone brings up the trilogy and how much of an incredible masterpiece it is.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But when spoken, pero is pronounced the same as perro, which means dog.

Not true. There's a very different hard R and soft R, distinguished in text by "r" (soft r) and "rr" (hard r). Pero and perro very much sound different.

Sooks calling Trails faster than Dragon Age infuriated me so much I fucked up the whole post and I can't fix it on mobile. Oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's no such thing as Trails in the Sky Anime.

Shrimp-kun, my mad friend, you must confront your fears. Even if it is a blasphemy in your insane eyes you must fight it to regain what you once were.

Edited by WraithReborn

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

you must confront your fears.

what fears? All i see is a blank space!

Seeing there's a Trails in the Sky anime is like saying there's a Tsukihime anime or a 4th command and conquer game

None of these exist

Edited by Shrimperor