Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EXP share on, doesn't bother me, every RPG does that. Some people says it ruins the "team building" but like, all that was in previous games was you send out the lv.1 Mon that you want to train, then immediately switch them out. EXP Share just skips that.

Again, taking away the choice is what bothers me, not that they buffed it. It wasn't a problem for me before Sw/Sh.

Edit: Slight lie, US/UM had it be a slight problem when I had to fight a super high level pokemon and I felt if I kept using that team I'd be too strong for the E4. So I had to grind another bunch 10 levels. Gen 7 in a way ruined me.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, now that I’m home I can see that my steam playtime for FC and my in-game playtime are essentially the same. It’s only in SC where my Steam play time is 116 hours and my-in game playtime is 139 hours, meaning shenanigans happened.

Also @Shrimp γ, I think I am ready to Crossbell!

RIP Dragon Age Origins, it had a good 27.6 hours.

Edited by Sooks

Oh my God and of course Dozla got a godly level right before everything went completely down the drain, just to spite me.

Whoever invented berserk staves should be clobbered on the head with an actual staff until his head is a red omelette.

...Okay, new plan. I have exactly enough restores to burn through all the berserk staves, however I must make sure to kill the sleep staff asshole in one turn. To that end, I must put Beran on the western team so he can roll up and end him with his brave bow. And then survive the onslaught of knights by some miracle.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

RIP Dragon Age Origins, it had a good 27.6 hours.

It took you half of my playtime to get out of the tutorial areas. Lovely.

Oh, well. What can you do. Shit happens.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Likely to avoid possibility of abuse. As lightcosmo stated, so you don't use it as a makeshift Max Ether. Maybe also so you can't teach the move to a bunch of Pokémon all at once, so have to still decide carefully on who to use it before you can get another copy. Like I said, an attempt to find a middle ground between both approaches.

This was brought up in a server I'm in and I'm honestly just kinda surprised people found "issues" with unlimited TMs. Like I was under the impression it was unanimously considered an upgrade.

If you ask me tho, the pros massively outweigh the cons. Even attempting to find a middle ground just seems like a regression.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Again, taking away the choice is what bothers me, not that they buffed it. It wasn't a problem for me before Sw/Sh.

Fair.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

think I am ready to Crossbell!

Can't wait for Sooks to call it better than the Sky trilogy and Shrimpy starts sharpening the axe just in case Sooks decides to also call Cold Steel better than Sky.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoever invented berserk staves should be clobbered on the head with an actual staff until his head is a red omelette.

Yes, let's beat up Kaga. Finally, you see the light.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This was brought up in a server I'm in and I'm honestly just kinda surprised people found "issues" with unlimited TMs. Like I was under the impression it was unanimously considered an upgrade.

If you ask me tho, the pros massively outweigh the cons. Even attempting to find a middle ground just seems like a regression.

I did mention what I did as a way to prevent abuse, but that's the only change I'd make to it. It was cool even when I first played White... 9 and a half years ago jeez (I was late to it).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Attack on Kaga: Where Armagon is the protag

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It took you half of my playtime to get out of the tutorial areas. Lovely.

I can’t tell which of us is being insulted here.

Keep in mind a good chunk of those time comes from both the beginning of the mage questline and the beginning of the first Redcliffe questline, though. And also that brief stint where I considered city elf because I thought the description was intriguing but then said “actually no” but thought being a rogue made the game more fun so I ran through Dwarf Noble a second time to be one. Fun times. More fun than the mage questline anyway.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't wait for Sooks to call it better than the Sky trilogy

Is this a prediction based on my own tastes or just you saying you think Crossbell is better?

and Shrimpy starts sharpening the axe just in case Sooks decides to also call Cold Steel better than Sky.

You make it sound as if something being better than Sky is easy, did you miss this post?

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

You know, I was thinking about this on the bus ride home, but I don’t really have a favorite game. It’s just not something I’ve given a lot of thought to, especially since “favorite” is one of those things that can change quite a bit based on my mood. However, if I had to pick a favorite video game, right now at least, it would probably be SC. The story, gameplay, music and characters are all kino, after all. Though this might be influenced by the fact that I’ve been listening to a lot of its music for some reason. But of any video game I’ve played, I feel like SC has left the longest lasting impression on me.

Edited by Sooks

All right, that worked out. Thank goodness for Beran and his brave bow. Totally worth the 10k.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't even complain, berserk is just fucking evil.

Fun fact: In Berwick Saga, berserked units gain experience from murdering their own allies. I learned that the hard way during my ironman LP, it was a great moment.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I can’t tell which of us is being insulted here.

I'm impatient and you're a slowpoke, I guess.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You make it sound as if something being better than Sky is easy,

It's very hard, yes. I've yet to find the game. I have even played the greatest game in the Fiya Emburem series, More Than Two But Less Than Four Homes, but even it failed to be better than Sky.

Ooooooooooooohhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooooooooooooddd Beran got massacred on enemy phase by the knights. Clearly the plan needs some adjusments, such as sending the eastern team west sooner. Or something. Fuck me, this map...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm impatient and you're a slowpoke, I guess.

I felt very impatient during some of those 27.6 hours, though. I would have loved to have known escape skipped dialogue…

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's very hard, yes. I've yet to find the game. I have even played the greatest game in the Fiya Emburem series, More Than Two But Less Than Four Homes, but even it failed to be better than Sky.

Hey, I’ve also played some other high quality vidya games like Flag Story and Boy Who Never Leaves The House (With Depression!), and they failed to be better than Sky as well. And we can agree those are the high yes of quality vidya games, right? Boy Who Never Leaves The House (With Depression!) is, anyway. Probably in my top 10 at the bare minimum.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

The Spanish dancing Ganondorf won’t leave me alone. Why won’t he leave me along?

Because it's Phantom Ganon.

And he will never leave you alone.

Eternally dancing and shooting balls of light at you.

(Legit found it tougher than actual Ganondorf in OoT)

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this a prediction based on my own tastes or just you saying you think Crossbell is better?

Both.

I do feel like you have a good chance at remaining positive with the whole series.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

The Spanish dancing Ganondorf won’t leave me alone. Why won’t he leave me along?

Porque quiere sentir tus labios suavemente.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I felt very impatient during some of those 27.6 hours, though. I would have loved to have known escape skipped dialogue…

Oof.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, I’ve also played some other high quality vidya games like Flag Story and Boy Who Never Leaves The House (With Depression!), and they failed to be better than Sky as well. And we can agree those are the high yes of quality vidya games, right? Boy Who Never Leaves The House (With Depression!) is, anyway. Probably in my top 10 at the bare minimum.

I mean, Flag Story is also one of my favs. A notch below what I'd call the absolute top, but still something I really, really liked. And of course, we all know BWNLTH(WD!) is an excellent experience.

But yes, they too fail to compare to the most enjoyable experience that was Watching Estelle Get Told To Go To The Kitchen And Make Joshua A Sandwich By Every NPC For 10 Hours. I know, I know, probably not the intended effect, but that's seriously the vibes I got from the constant Estelle bashing in the earlygame. Who was the guy who straight up went "you should dress up in a sexy way instead of whatever you're wearing right now?" Was it that Nial guy? God, everyone in town was the worst and I hated all of them and Joshua for playing along every single time.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Doble negación. Ósea, afirmas que si.

¡No significa no! De todos modos, ¿qué le debo a este loco Ganondorf?

Edited by WraithReborn