Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DO NOT LISTEN! Unless you passionately enjoy cringe, which is now and forever the essence of Sonic outside of gameplay (which I've discovered in adulthood is 2 fast 4 me, sorry childhood memories of SA2B!).

Pls delete this game from my childhood. Imprint artificial memories of like Xenosaga or FFIX to fill in the space.

I bequeath to you peace:

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So its similar to ZM then? Where you can complete the game with 8% completion at the lowest? Neat!

There is at least one video out there where someone beat Dread on Hard Mode with 0% item collection just barely below two hours. 

The guy died a lot but he showed it's possible which means it's only a matter of time before someone does a perfect run of Dread Hard Mode 0%.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was... absolutely fucking hilarious and embarrassing in equal parts. Holy shit, we were bad. A fuckin' disgrace, I tell you. 5 hours and we made it to the fifth level.

Yeah, CotM2 is hilarious with friends.

Is it bad that I first read it as "Nizza" and was confused for a second?

The Italian pronunciation.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Tio is definitely a robot.

best girl

Maybe you can represent my confusion by making me permanently berserked, so I just attack whatever is closest at the time

Lolol

that will be hell to make something interesting around tbh

Haha, I bring up the idea of Xenosaga in mainline SRW over on the Steam threads, and one response is "add Xenogears too". Too bad that means to deal with SE.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Benice said:

YOOOO YOU STARTED IT?!

Hope you enjoy one of the games from my very favorite franchise!

Thanks. Game's fairly solid at the moment. I just need to master quickstep

1 hour ago, Benice said:

When you play Kiwami before 0:

It's the remake of a game that came before 0

If you try hard enough you can push him to the ground. I did it accidentally once. I laughed so hard.

I didn't fight him (yet). I was just frustrated because Nishiki is a backstabbing bastard

Save-Quit skits have always been a highlight, heh.

If this is one of them... but then again, that's where they tended to break the fourth wall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, I bring up the idea of Xenosaga in mainline SRW over on the Steam threads, and one response is "add Xenogears too". Too bad that means to deal with SE.

*Trauma of what it took to get Cloud in Smash*

Why they don't just sell their stepchild locked in a corner of the basement to Nintendo for a small fee, I don't know. An IP doesn't make money if you aren't doing anything with it, Square.

It would be interesting to see, how if at all they would try to adapt story elements to SRW is an interesting, tricky question. Considering Xenogears is not on Earth, which has long been abandoned, that poses a very big problem. How, if ever, has SRW dealt with stories set not on Earth nor the nearest planets? 

On the positive side of things, it'd be a chance for those unused Anima Relic upgrade designs for Crescens and Seibzehn that were thrown into an art book. Plus, El Regulus could actually be usable outside of a little simplistic arena battle mode. The Gear (giant robot) designs could receive a good updating; originating from the 64-bit generation of 3D graphics, their blocky, simplistic designs haven't aged well, and could use greater detail and faceted forms.

Size-wise, we're looking at machines on the smaller side, the central protagonist Fei's initial Gear, Weltall, is 16.3 meters. His ultimate gear, the titular one, is a hair taller than a Gespenst. The "big" Siebzehn is 28.2 meters, just slightly shorter than the four Masoukishin. -Not that this really matters, this is the franchise that had Tekkaman twice, and even OG has got in on the extremely tiny shtick once with letting Kouta fight in nothing more than his battle armor and a hoverboard.

Never gonna happen though. I'd put a higher chance of Square making a broadway musical out of the game than throw it in SRW.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Xenosaga!? XENOSAGA!? 

There's life in this thread after all! Xd

Haha, I mostly brought it up since I thought: "What if DLC 2 does the same as DLC 1 and introduces a video game series," and Xenosaga was a logical choice. They already have KOS-MOS show up everywhere, Xenosaga characters were already in SRW via Endless Frontier, and... well, it'd be the one Namco-Bandai would have no trouble putting in. Since the DLC is mostly just to add units without having to put up their stories (though maybe some of the DLC-added stages may concern them), then it'd be even easier to "adapt."

Whether or not it could appear as part of the main roster of a SRW game... who knows.

And yeah, Xenogears would be the true pipe dream. You'd sooner see Xenoblade than Xenogears in SRW. Xenosaga is just the easiest one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Xenosaga!? XENOSAGA!? 

There's life in this thread after all! Xd

It's not impossible, now that Sakura Wars in the latest Super Robot Wars.

The rule has always been "all characters and robots must originate in an anime series", barring the very special exception of the Cross Omega mobile game.

Now that Sakura Wars has broken that rule, we cannot say that it is impossible for SRW to have Xenosaga in it. The chance is above 0, though I would likely say single-digits even so.

Sakura Wars has decades of pent up old popularity behind its inclusion in SRW. What does Xenosaga have?:

• Ownership by Namco. Namco also owns Banpresto, the maker of Super Robot Wars, no licensing problems.
  • KOS-MOS, T-elos and MOMO appeared in the two OG Saga Endless Frontier games. KOS-MOS being fully playable. Xenosaga has already been in SRW, albeit a weird JRPG spinoff.

Non-negligible factors. By no means guarantees. But more than any other video game series with giant robots (not that there are many) other than Sakura Wars has behind it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

It's your birthday? Congrats, Sooks!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not impossible, now that Sakura Wars in the latest Super Robot Wars.

The rule has always been "all characters and robots must originate in an anime series", barring the very special exception of the Cross Omega mobile game.

Now that Sakura Wars has broken that rule, we cannot say that it is impossible for SRW to have Xenosaga in it. The chance is above 0, though I would likely say single-digits even so.

Sakura Wars has decades of pent up old popularity behind its inclusion in SRW. What does Xenosaga have?:

• Ownership by Namco. Namco also owns Banpresto, the maker of Super Robot Wars, no licensing problems.
  • KOS-MOS, T-elos and MOMO appeared in the two OG Saga Endless Frontier games. KOS-MOS being fully playable. Xenosaga has already been in SRW, albeit a weird JRPG spinoff.

Non-negligible factors. By no means guarantees. But more than any other video game series with giant robots (not that there are many) other than Sakura Wars has behind it.

Kinda. Ever since Alpha 2 added Crossbone Gundam that rule has been broken. Since Crossbone is manga only. And Alpha 3 broke it further with Virtual-On since those are a video game series. Coincidentally, Virtual-On is owned by Sega too, like Sakura Wars.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Happy Birthday!

Interesting. Demo's already datamined. lol

Fascinating. Quite a few of the equipment parts are... very very familiar...

Medal of α
Crest of Z
VXT Crystal
Wind of La Gias

Gee, I wonder what are those referencing. XD But wait, there's more!

EG Armor
Timeflow Engine
Res Arcana
Orgone Cloud

These are named after stuff from the GBA games. A, R, D, J respectively. SRW K did this, via bonus by putting the respective cartridge on a DS (as well the two OG games and a GBA port of 2 that was made apparently). There's more, likely more references, but I only found one to K with the Kristal Heart part. Well, again, anniversary game, so references galore is to be expected.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yep...

Battle Armor X
Battle Armor U
Battle Armor B

In addition to their respective bonuses, equipping both X with either of U or B gives an additional bonus. So that's UX and BX accounted for there.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Happy birthday!🎂 

October is one of the more common birthday months in the US, it would seem the cold weather brings on the "snuggling". A joke for an October birth would possibly be a very heartfelt Valentine's Day. 😛

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it.

I never forget my birthday, I dread it.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Kinda. Ever since Alpha 2 added Crossbone Gundam that rule has been broken. Since Crossbone is manga only. And Alpha 3 broke it further with Virtual-On since those are a video game series. Coincidentally, Virtual-On is owned by Sega too, like Sakura Wars.

Oh. Manga is still not a video game, so I can see it not being a major exception, particularly when it's not uncommon for manga to get an adaptation into anime. -Although why did Sega throw a video game bone to SRW long ago?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fascinating. Quite a few of the equipment parts are... very very familiar...

Medal of α
Crest of Z
VXT Crystal
Wind of La Gias

Gee, I wonder what are those referencing. XD But wait, there's more!

EG Armor
Timeflow Engine
Res Arcana
Orgone Cloud

Exactly how does one equip the wind? A Prana Converter would've made more sense. But, I like the track, so I approve the name.😄🎵

Poor Impact, it doesn't really have any special technology to reference.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. Manga is still not a video game, so I can see it not being a major exception, particularly when it's not uncommon for manga to get an adaptation into anime. -Although why did Sega throw a video game bone to SRW long ago?

Exactly how does one equip the wind? A Prana Converter would've made more sense. But, I like the track, so I approve the name.😄🎵

Poor Impact, it doesn't really have any special technology to reference.

Beats me. And Virtual-On has actually appeared more than once. They reappeared in SRW K, and in UX... a promotional Hatsune-Miku themed Fei Yen, which is an action figure! Never appeared in the actual games.

So yeah, Hatsune Miku in SRW... kinda, sort of?

Prana Converter is the equippable part you got in SRW K by putting that SRW 2 GBA cartridge in the NDS. Seems they decided to make the reference with another name.

Well, I've yet to find it. Since surely there must be one.

People act like Square does nothing with Xenogears even though they still make merchandise, include it in their mobile games, and still sell it. These uses aren't Nintendo-adjacent so Xenoblade fans tend not to notice. Meanwhile, Namco does nothing with Xenosaga outside of letting Monolith use KOS-MOS whenever they want.

My look into the franchise this thread loves so much has led me to this:

pohhynh9xdv41.png

I'm not sure if I want to know the context. Still, we must show bobs:

Bob_the_builder.jpg

Reading more into the scenario listing... well, it finally happened. SRW is employing an actual traversable world map format. You don't only choose missions through a menu list, but also by traveling around the map and coming across missions that way too. Some Missions can expire too, so you can't just let them stew until you feel like doing them. And some missions unlock by doing others. This is all very fascinating...

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's your birthday? Congrats, Sooks!

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Happy Birthday!

And thank you!

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy birthday!🎂 

And thank you too!

October is one of the more common birthday months in the US, it would seem the cold weather brings on the "snuggling".

Huh, TIL.

Well, that first part anyway.

I never forget my birthday, I dread it.

Why? Does it bring thoughts about your mortality again?

Sometimes I wonder if I’m wasting my young years before entering the US work force.

Just now, Sooks said:

Sometimes I wonder if I’m wasting my young years before entering the US work force.

Don't be. That's the last time you'll ever have freedom. Unless you are unemployed because no one wants to employ you... *grumble grumble*