• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Unfortunately

Also, just the new chapter you posted, and it was an improvement. The problem with the dialogue was mostly gone.

That's good to know, heh. Even if I still don't see eye to eye over what constitutes dialogue as necessary or otherwise.

IMG_20211016_230206.jpg

I have aquired the schmoovement (and bombs, you need them to get here) before fighting Kraid, when normally you would've fought him already and gotten the Diffusion Beam. You can also get the Grapple Beam before any of this but it's much easier to do with the Flash Shift.

And I have been going pretty fast. Right now I'm clocking in at an hour and 12 minutes.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Save-Quit skits have always been a highlight, heh.

If this is one of them... but then again, that's where they tended to break the fourth wall.

That's a banger song.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering Xenogears is not on Earth, which has long been abandoned, that poses a very big problem. How, if ever, has SRW dealt with stories set not on Earth nor the nearest planets? 

Is that a requirement? Do the characters have to be earthbound (heh) to be in SRW? The Endless Frontier guys are an exception though that's an SRW spin-off.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Happy birthday Sooks.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It would be interesting to see, how if at all they would try to adapt story elements to SRW is an interesting, tricky question. Considering Xenogears is not on Earth, which has long been abandoned, that poses a very big problem. How, if ever, has SRW dealt with stories set not on Earth nor the nearest planets? 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is that a requirement? Do the characters have to be earthbound (heh) to be in SRW? The Endless Frontier guys are an exception though that's an SRW spin-off.

Missed this.

Well, it all depends on what the complete roster is. If enough series are off-Earth, then the game will dedicate an arc to the heroes traveling out throughout the Galaxy. Alpha 3 is a good example of this, since once everything that happens on the Earth Sphere is wrapped up, they spent the remainder of the game outside the Solar System.

In other cases, if the location isn't strictly necessary, they just transplant the events to happen in and around the Earth Sphere. Heavy Metal L-Gaim is usually a common example of this. The Pentagona Star System, where the series takes place, doesn't always show up in SRW, the characters arrive to Earth and then most of their story happens there and around. Dunbine usually tends to have its final events also take place on Earth, even when the original story returned to Byston Well for the final arc.

Sometimes events get shuffled as needed by the overall plot, even if the location change isn't as drastic. Endless Waltz is like the best example of this. The final events normally take place in Brussels. In SRW? It has taken place in Jaburo, New York, and even Kayes.

So ultimately, SRW can adapt as needed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Spoiler

“The child is hospitalized under special circumstances.”

It’s gonna be Renne.

Dang it.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Happy birthday Sooks.

Thank you.

Edited by Sooks

Oh so when I post Twitter through mobile, it embedds. Ok Serenes.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The final events normally take place in Brussels.

That's like the most anticlimactic place you could set your final event lmao.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it all depends on what the complete roster is. If enough series are off-Earth, then the game will dedicate an arc to the heroes traveling out throughout the Galaxy. Alpha 3 is a good example of this, since once everything that happens on the Earth Sphere is wrapped up, they spent the remainder of the game outside the Solar System.

I thought I remember reading something about visiting the Balmar Empire in Alpha 3, that explains it. Thanks.

Yeah, XG -again, as near-impossibly unlikely as it would be needs to take place on a remote planet. Remote enough for, oh, 10000 years to pass without disturbance from outside.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's a banger song.

SRW IMO has a fairly good lineup of original tracks, though that could just be me. I haven't tried to throw them at you too often, given you'll get a few classic tunes from EF.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That's like the most anticlimactic place you could set your final event lmao.

Brussels is the capital of the European Union IRL, so if the enemy's goal is "conquer the world", they'd be wanting to consider taking it if the EU or a proxy fantasy institution exists that is set there.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Now I understand why the game didn't ask me to choose language.

A couple of the games let you choose, (OG Yakuza 1, Judgement, Lost Judgement and Like a Dragon), but games 2-6 and 0 are all Japanese-exclusive for voices. From what I've heard, Lost/Judgement and LAD both have mostly good voice acting for english, though. The same cannot be said for Y1. Fortunately, the devs realized this and removed english voice acting from Y2.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Also, I'm curirous on what story you think is the worst.

Yakuza 4. It's got some neat characters, good music and a good premise, but...Zoinks, the story becomes so bad it's funny about halfway through. Mostly because of one extremely questionable plot point relevant to the whole game. Furthermore, each of the four playables get a "final" boss...Except basically only one or two of the bosses fought are relevant-One of 'em appears in the game, like, twice before his fight and isn't relevant to anything going on, and the other...Well, I don't take as much exception to him, but he still ain't final boss material. To give credit, though, they end it off with a good boss story-wise.

I personaly rank Yakuza stories as:

Kino tier, practically impossible to top: Yakuza 0,  Like a Dragon, Kiwami 2 (Majima Saga)

Ridiculously fantastic tier: Yakuza 3, Kiwami 2 (Kiryu Saga), Yakuza 4 parts 1/2

Ok story which is elevated to great through presentation/prequel material: Kiwami 1

...Wait, who's the final boss? tier: Yakuza 5

Get drunk with the lads and laugh tier: Yakuza 1, Yakuza 4 parts 3/4/5.

I didn't finish watching Yakuza 6's playthrough, but I didn't think too much of it; I do know that the ending is supposed to be one of the best scenes in the series, and it does have many fans. (Don't search the ending up, though!) I also haven't seen much Lost/Judgement, so I can't comment, but they're supposed to be kino as well, as the kids say.

Ah, that immaculate schmoovement. Getting the Super Missiles early definitely is gonna pay off thanks to that extra firepower.

(I don't get them in the clip but there is literally one path forward from here).

Short while after this, I hit the two hours mark. Yeah, I'm getting that sub-4 hour run, I've got it in the bag.

And then I get to do it again on Hard Mode.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW IMO has a fairly good lineup of original tracks, though that could just be me. I haven't tried to throw them at you too often, given you'll get a few classic tunes from EF.

Well if what I heard from the EF duo in PxZ1 is to go by, then I'm in for a fun time.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Alright, Elie has aerial now. Let’s see if it’s as good as it was in Sky.

Everyone swears on their life that Arts in Crossbell are good but they were so mediocre to me.

It's very late at night right now, I should be going to sleep

But, uh

PIvIo_FaQVWcGvViHefJag.png

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS CORRECT

PLEASE KAGA

That Create-a-Hero thread looks fun... but man, don't think I can actually be able to make one with how little I'd know about making that sort of stuff workable or balanced, haha...

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Hope I am not too late to wish you a Happy Birthday Sooks!!!

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That Create-a-Hero thread looks fun... but man, don't think I can actually be able to make one with how little I'd know about making that sort of stuff workable or balanced, haha...

Bah, don't worry about balance in a gatcha game, making it unbalanced is what draws in the whales.

@Sooks Happy birthday! Hope I'm not too late. You know how it is with timezones and shit.

4 hours ago, Spara said:

It's very late at night right now, I should be going to sleep

But, uh

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS CORRECT

PLEASE KAGA

I cannot see anything, but judging by your reaction, I am going to assume it's actually happening.

It's actually really happening.

Or is it?

DON'T LEAVE ME IN SUSPENSE, SPARA

WAKE UP

I DEMAND ANSWERS

WAKE UP AND TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON

STUPID AMERICAN, STOP SLEEPING THROUGH THE HOURS WHEN i'M AWAKE AND TELL ME WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Showing fine with me.

I can't see anything either! Can someone who can see it tell me what it is?

10 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I didn't fight him (yet). I was just frustrated because Nishiki is a backstabbing bastard

Ohhh, you're not playing 0... Right, right. Apologies, I was a bit confused for a moment.

10 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Lolol

that will be hell to make something interesting around tbh

True. Maybe I can start on Kaga's side but then you can have me recruited by introducing me to Fates capturables?

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, CotM2 is hilarious with friends.

The moment we discovered we could stand on each other's heads was glorious.

We had a lot of fun with that feature.

4olk0ari o

Sometimes it proved legitimately useful, even!

7 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

> boots up SGW again

> hears music

> closes game

Yeesh the music in this hack i can't stand at all

Maybe i should just turn off in game music and play something from youtube or something

And apparently music editing is not that easy...

Oof.

That's too bad. I mean, I understand, but... damn, the hack is so good. What a shame.

Maybe play TLP and see how you like that one? If you haven't yet, I don't believe you ever mentioned having done so. It always impressed me how good the GBAfied versions of those tracks are.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof.

That's too bad. I mean, I understand, but... damn, the hack is so good. What a shame.

Well, the solution was pretty easy

Mute SGW, play something from youtube or downloaded music i have Ü

If only Yggdra union playlist wasn't gone...

Oh well, i am playing SGW now with some youtube music from other games Ü

And wait

Is hsos english finally happening? Can't see anything either

Edited by Shrimp γ

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay I think I found Vestaria's official twitter. I just employed google translate on a series of tweets from hardly a few hours ago, matching with the time of Spara's post.

Ahem.

What happened?

In stupid news, FEH has a banner with Coyote's men.

No Sedgar or SD!Hardin.

Malice is in the middle of it along with a Fjorm alt for some reason.

Vyland is as free as he should be.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Well, the solution was pretty easy

Mute SGW, play something from youtube or downloaded music i have Ü

If only Yggdra union playlist wasn't gone...

Oh well, i am playing SGW now with some youtube music from other games Ü

Hah! Well, that is certainly a solution. Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

And wait

Is hsos english finally happening? Can't see anything either

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

What happened?

I cannot see the image either, but I found what I'm pretty sure is Vestaria's official twitter account.

This is a twitter from 5 hours ago, courtesy of Google Translate.

"The previously released Gaiden (Silva Birch's Holy Sword) was also requested by foreigners, so we are currently in the process of translating it. However, overseas is more sensitive to political correctness than Japan, so Baselhen may be a good person. It's a little play character, but it can't be helped. Must be a pervert ... (-_-;) "

Original here, for the sake of autenticity.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

In stupid news, FEH has a banner with Coyote's men.

No Sedgar or SD!Hardin.

Malice is in the middle of it along with a Fjorm alt for some reason.

Vyland is as free as he should be.

I mean.

Malice finally got into Heroes.

I don't get what... uh, Fjorm or whatever is doing there, and the lack of turban Hardin is utterly disgraceful, but Malice finally got into Heroes. It's a good day for Heroes. Oh, and Roshea's cool too!

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Also how does the weapon triangle work in sgw again?

Axes/lances/swords go the same way, just with different boosts.

"Sword vs axe: +20 hit/avoid, +1 attack/def
Lance vs sword: +5 hit/avoid, +3 attack/def
Axe vs Lance: +10 hit/avoid, +2 attack/def"

Magic trinity goes the same, but there's also a triangle for the three anima types. I can never remember how that goes, forgive me.

"anima magic vs light magic and anima magic triangle: +15 hit/avoid, +1 attack/def
light magic vs dark magic: +5 hit/avoid, +3 attack/def
dark magic vs anima: +25 hit/avoid"

Then there's bows, which just beat all magic, no questions asked.

"Bow vs magic when initiating combat: +20 hit/avoid, +1 attack/def
Bow vs magic when under attack: +5 hit/avoid"

I didn't even know it was different in EP lol, thanks guide.