• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...or maybe Athol will pop out of the woodwork just to get captured instead.

I won't be surprised if this happens kek

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The point is, someone is going to get captured and I hope for more ship material scenes of Zade and the partner that he has the most chemistry with: the blonde idiot. Or Theo. Really, they both work better than Athol lol

Yup Ü

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For years people had to use a mod or patch to bypass it since it still require it despite the feature no longer being there. Seems they finally decided to do it themselves. But well, now that brought its own set of problems with quite a lot of mods.

Surprisingly, I did saw a graphical bug fixed so far, with an outfit texture showing up pitch black now actually loading correctly. Hard to say if that was a coincidence, so... well, it happens.

Well, at least it looks to be having some effect.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aha, Perry the Platypus! I see you have fallen into my trap! Behold, the Mentalreadingvoiceinator! If I use it on somebody while they're reading, I can force them to read anything in my voice! The entire population will be unable to get my voice out of their minds, so in a way, I will have conquered the Tri-state area! Mwahahahahahah!

...I got way too into that lol, even almost went ahead and wrote a sad backstory. What backstory could there possibly be for this?

It all began when I was a little boy. My father thought my voice was like nails on a chalkboard, so he forced me to communicate by writing notes and having my brother read them for me. For years, it was as if I didn't have a voice... My brother had stolen my voice! Even now, everyone knows his voice, just because he's the mayor! It's... infuriating! But now, with my Mentalreadingvoiceinator, my voice will be on everyone's minds, not my brother's! We'll see whose voice is like nails on a chalkboard now! Hahahahaha!

...Okay, yeah, time to sleep before I write a whole-ass script and mail it to Disney.

Wait that backstory would work better if the inator's effect was changing other people's voices to be hideous... Yeah then we can have a gag where it just changes to Doof's voice and he's angry-- NO I SAID STOP

Yeah, this doesn't hit the same when you're too boomer for the show.

Wiat, I mean KEEP GOING

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, she IS one of the protagonists of HSoS. More proof they're preparing for the western release, I suppose.

I'll give no specifics, but HSoS Accorte >>>>>>>> VS1 Accorte. No contest. 

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long

Dangen's silence about this means either this a recent development (the starting of the project) or they want to get enough done to get a good version of Ch1 for a demo before they do testing stuff. I think, anyway.

Just now, Spara said:

Dangen's silence about this means either this a recent development (the starting of the project) or they want to get enough done to get a good version of Ch1 for a demo before they do testing stuff. I think, anyway.

well, hopefully the latter^^

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This fanslation is so charming.

The official localization should keep this and the bobs comment when it releases in 20 years. ...But why is the treasure chest talking?

Here we have both a Skyrim reference, and a mention of keyholes which are in Kingdom Hearts. We later get a Dragonborn costume in Super Smash Bros., then the final character is Sora. Coincidence?

Okay, time to head back west. To Vault 87, though more exactly, the Lamplight Caverns. Though there might be a thing or two I might do this side of the map first...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

The official localization should keep this and the bobs comment when it releases in 20 years.

The official localization just straight up bought the fanslation (because it’s impossible to be better than it), so really nothing should be changed there unless Falcom hates fun.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

...But why is the treasure chest talking?

That’s a joke the official translators started in the very first game, Trails in the Sky. Falcom had each chest coded to say “the chest is empty” or something like that every time the player tried to interact with an empty chest. But instead of just coding that to happen universally, they had an individual piece of code for each and every chest to say that, so the translators decided to have some fun and give every chest a unique message (or at least that’s how I understand it, I’m not a programmer). The result is that all three Trails in the Sky games are packed to the brim with witty messages like that in the chests, and the fanslators decided to continue the joke. Some of the best ones (that you don’t need context for) from the Sky trilogy:

PxcQcY9.jpg

DIUWaOQ.jpg
GqkMiJD.jpg

8 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

so

what VN is this

23 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Looks like someone lost control of his life

Couldn't resist, my curiosity flares up whenever I read or hear something unusual.

12 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

ey2dPLaumoUlwyhr0B7JlIzkslEF0k3gLQ2DTKR1

Imagine releasing a PSP game in 2015

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The official localization just straight up bought the fanslation (because it’s impossible to be better than it), so really nothing should be changed there unless Falcom hates fun.

They used a fan translation and it's still taking years to release? The localization really is cursed. Although, Persona actually sells well and it still has half a year between the Japanese and international releases, so I can forgive a small indie company like Falcom.

When you're a Xenoblade fan and you get simultaneous international releases:

tumblr_owb4d9tyac1r2to8go2_400.gif

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The result is that all three Trails in the Sky games are packed to the brim with witty messages like that in the chests, and the fanslators decided to continue the joke.

So that's the, erm, "context" behind the chest who talks about Rixia's bobs. I'm not sure why anyone would care about Rixia showing pictures of people named Bob, least of all a treasure chest. These games truly have deep lore, no wonder there are so many of them.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh no, is this the Hemorrhoid one?

Yep.

yY73HWP.png

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

This is, like, the highest-quality fanimation I've ever seen.

This is not fanimation, it's the real deal