Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Has anybody heard or, dare I say, played Trapper Knight, Sharpshooter Princess? It's a SRPG on Steam akin to Fire Emblem. The hard mode on it is legitimately challenging, and the gimmick the main character has is interesting: he can lay traps which all have various effects depending on if a foe is on it/in it's range.

i did

i played until chapter 16 iirc but stopped because those arena maps were annoying and open af. I think i got softlocked as my units aside from flier were weak af, but not sure since it's been a few years

Edited by Shrimp γ

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh hey, it’s the selfish jerk from the last game who might maybe be interesting but I still kinda wanted someone to punch in the face. Well, Armagon did say he shows up in every game after Sky 3rd. 

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And thank you for saying that the social network nodes that outright state equipment actually provide it. So far, I'm choosing to horde my Friendship Points, I haven't as much as unlocked Easy and Hard Modes yet.

I'd recommend getting the difficulty and Nagi nodes at least, partly because I felt like I was good enough to play Hard for the most part (imo I do think it merits trying and of course drops are affected by difficulty again) and Nagi's gives you a menu to change pins if you game over (so like what FR allowed you to do, but you can also freely adjust difficulty).

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And what I really miss, practically impossible now that NEO is 3D, is how the NPCs' clothes changed based on what the big three names were. Sure, some labels were fairly similar visually, but there was nothing like standing in the middle of the Scramble Crossing with Lapin Angelique topping the charts. I want that again.

First off, I never realised this.

Second, I don't think it'd be impossible for a script for walking NPCs to be influenced by top brands. I did think it was neat if minor.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would not have realized this. Thank you! Style food is now off the table, Str & Def food is where all the Yen will be going then. 

Some of them get pretty high and I personally did focus a fair bot on Style.

But the effective cap's 222 at present, you don't need higher unless SE actually does DLc as implied in some survey.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

First off, I never realised this.

Second, I don't think it'd be impossible for a script for walking NPCs to be influenced by top brands. I did think it was neat if minor.

It's not so much the script, as it is needing to design 3D NPC models to represent all the clothing lines. Do we even have that? I'm not sure if I've noticed.

I would suggest going back to the first game seeing what I mean, it was a neat touch.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd recommend getting the difficulty and Nagi nodes at least, partly because I felt like I was good enough to play Hard for the most part (imo I do think it merits trying and of course drops are affected by difficulty again) and Nagi's gives you a menu to change pins if you game over (so like what FR allowed you to do, but you can also freely adjust difficulty).

True, I shouldn't be that stingy. Points have to be plentiful with how many people are on the chart. And I can see a lot of my important outlays long in advance, I can get an idea of how much to save.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Spoiler

Ah, the Schwarze auction. Here I think it would be interesting to bring Elie along because she has by far the most experience with Crossbellan high society and the corruption of Crossbell is inextricably linked to her motivation… buuutt this decision gives the picked character a whopping 30 bonding points, and since I picked Elie in the fight for the prologue it would make it impossible to see all three final events this play through because there’s only one other individual choice that gives 30 and whoever doesn’t get it won’t be able to catch up.

So that leaves Randy and Tio, I guess I’ll go Tio and pick Randy for the next one just to go in the official party order or something. I don’t really have a preference between the two.

On today's episode of Lightchao finds random Trails pictures...

D-HEQSRXoAU5iaI.jpg

dgs-dai-gyakuten-saiban.gif

Here we go again, why are they wearing towels in the hot spring? Now they'll all need another towel to dry themselves. That undermines the whole point of wearing a towel in the first place. Why would you do this Falcom? Grrrrr...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

buuutt this decision gives the picked character a whopping 30 bonding points, and since I picked Elie in the fight for the prologue it would make it impossible to see all three final events this play through because there’s only one other individual choice that gives 30 and whoever doesn’t get it won’t be able to catch up.

Just look it up lol

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On today's episode of Lightchao finds random Trails pictures...

D-HEQSRXoAU5iaI.jpg

dgs-dai-gyakuten-saiban.gif

Here we go again, why are they wearing towels in the hot spring? Now they'll all need another towel to dry themselves. That undermines the whole point of wearing a towel in the first place. Why would you do this Falcom? Grrrrr...

Good things mods exist.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I mean, we know the reason... but if you want for to be actually realistic, then...

Meme Creator - Funny Confundir "hay" con "ahí" Golpe de remo Meme Generator  at MemeCreator.org!

Elie even gets by far the best outfit for the event. Oh well, I can just look up if anything changes.

Though that might not be a good idea because spoilers are everywhere on the internet. Maybe I could run through the auction several times if it’s not that long.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just look it up lol

You don’t understand Armagon, you get an achievement for unlocking each final bonding event!

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good things mods exist.

Indeed, then they can be fully clothed while they bathe just as the universe intended.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, we know the reason... but if you want for to be actually realistic, then...

Meme Creator - Funny Confundir "hay" con "ahí" Golpe de remo Meme Generator  at MemeCreator.org!

Until science invents a way for people to wear steam, they could be wearing swimsuits instead.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Until science invents a way for people to wear steam, they could be wearing swimsuits instead.

Purpose wise, that's what the towels are doing anyway. Swimsuits in hot springs is as no-no as towels are.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Though that might not be a good idea because spoilers are everywhere on the internet. Maybe I could run through the auction several times if it’s not that long.

Yeah, especially if you turbo, it's not too long.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Indeed, then they can be fully clothed while they bathe just as the universe intended.

That is indeed the best way to bathe.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Purpose wise, that's what the towels are doing anyway. Swimsuits in hot springs is as no-no as towels are.

Bayonetta- the swimsuit is made of your hair. For one's own hair is definitely allowed in onsens. Victory!

2014-08-07-010918.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh hey, the girl that serves as the default shortcut icon for this game and is on the OST picture for the next game finally appears (the shortcut icon for FC and Sky 3rd was the main character, and SC’s character was essential to the plot).

…47 hours into the game. And they said FC was slow…

Incidentally, Wazy referred to her as a Rosenberg doll while Lloyd talked like she was a person. What’s going on? Rosenberg dolls aren’t alive right?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I'm glad Josette's not playable in this one, nobody would ever hear from me again if she were and I therefore had to play it...

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What? What are you doing that you're taking 47 hours? I don't think I had a play time longer than 30.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What are you doing that you're taking 47 hours?

All the side quests.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think I had a play time longer than 30.

Also I’m on nightmare mode. I mean I don’t know if battles literally last 2 seconds on normal mode, but I’ve heard things about that difficulty, idk.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All the side quests.

Also I’m on nightmare mode. I mean I don’t know if battles literally last 2 seconds on normal mode, but I’ve heard things about that difficulty, idk.

But Nightmare was easy, even for me! Onoy time I game overe'd was guest deaths or stupidity.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've heard that some hot springs allow swimsuits, or at least swimsuits specialized for such circumstances, but that might just be for modern mixed bathing (Trails has cars so it's modern enough for that). Then again, characters in video games tend to sleep fully clothed, so clothing etiquette generally isn't that important.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is indeed the best way to bathe.

It's a shame Xemnas didn't get a spirit in Ultimate, then he and Malos could've been indeed brothers.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Somehow, I feel I should've expected that Yakuza has something like this.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Somehow, I feel I should've expected that Yakuza has something like this.

I really wish they would localize this one...

23 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I had 110 on zero vs FCs 60 lol

Well, since I also had 60 hours in FC…

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But Nightmare was easy, even for me! Onoy time I game overe'd was guest deaths or stupidity.

So imagine normal mode.