Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the Switch screenshot shows only four hearts, they definitely force-skipped some parts to show that point.

Yeah. I mean, all you essentially have to do is to clip through the door in the Temple of Time. Boom! Instant puberty!

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aahh...

Yeah. I will... consider it.

Alternatively, if you're not feeling FE, you could give Mario 64 Chaos a whirl! Everybody loves that one, it's the peak of Miyamoto's vision.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah well, screw you, Kaga. Why won't you let the old man have availability? Now you're an old man, too! Bet you'd be upset if I didn't let you have availability!

Rubenio hack makes Kaga the Gotoh

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, considering what beard can be slang for, it can still be pictures of girls.

But then that's less about the girls themselves you'd argue.

2 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

You know, I'm curious. Which forum themes do you guys use? (There's a themes option at the very bottom of the page) 

The night theme.

Because Night Theme best theme.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SoV was the first to go for having the game almost fully voiced, including supports. My guess is that yes, for budget and likely storage concerns, they couldn't record that many support chains. And yeah, some characters certainly ended up shafted for it. Her Faye support could've indeed been done better.

And then you have stuff like this:

36bl41C.png

I'm trying to remember if her writing is actually in her ending.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Second, SoV added more ending variations if certain characters die, and as Shrimp stated, neither Genny nor Sabers' change if the other dies. Outright showing they didn't married each other.

I wouldn't say outright, but it certainly leaves it as something not tied to each other.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the guy is only one year older than me... like geez, dude makes it sound like there's a chasm between 1992 and 1993...

According to my siblings there's a massive one from 91 to 92.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Big bear beard or bust.

I mean, there's an absolute joke sitting here.

How to best portray it though......

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ho boy, this is amazing.

I had heard it was a mess. Yikes.

I had the 3DS version anyway so personally this doesn't matter, but still.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Like Adult Link having the Fairy Ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time.

But considering how this game has been throughout dissected by the speedrunning community, there are probably plenty of ways to get to this point if you just want to take some quick screenshots for comparison.

Yeah, I suspect that's not on the state of this version.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

In which case, you should try Fire Emblem: Gilmore Girls! It's a short GBA fangame, and I don't know why it exists.

Holy shit.

Link me.

I am debating showing this to family, that's hilarious.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also: I get penguins in my army!? Awesome!

Prinnies are more or less the mascots of NIS. The DS port of the first Disgaea adds a story commentary on the second screen by a prinny, and they got a pair of PSP platforming game spinoffs.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also... Level 1,000...? Really?

Disgaea is known for its love of big numbers. The level cap is 9999, and you can reincarnate to drop a character's level back to 1 and increase their base stats and growths. You can reincarnate 10 times in the first game I think, and the higher the level you do it at, the better. Expect stats themselves to go into the hundreds of thousands. 

-But again, for Disgaea 1, if you don't pass legislation to raise the difficulty, level 100 is more than sufficient for finishing the story. Postgame superbosses? Hahahaha, no.

Meanwhile the most recent Disgaea 6 raises the cap to 99,999,999, one level short of one-hundred million. -Learn to stop worrying and love the madness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

"Anticipating where enemies will go is the path to victory!"

Nah, game, I'm gonna tell you where the enemy is going.

wanahime-Fz-KTFo6-IKK.png

I was about to say "why can you just walk off the bridge", then I realized that's probably a flier.

I was about to say "why can you just walk off the bridge", then I realized that's probably a flier.

Yes, it's the flier. The sole flier.

I miss having multiple fliers.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alternatively, if you're not feeling FE, you could give Mario 64 Chaos a whirl! Everybody loves that one, it's the peak of Miyamoto's vision.

Hahahahaha... Good suggestion too.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Rubenio hack makes Kaga the Gotoh

I mean, that would be an excuse to make him super powerful.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, there's an absolute joke sitting here.

How to best portray it though......

Dew it, Dayni. Dew it.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

Yes, it's the flier. The sole flier.

I miss having multiple fliers.

Eh, that won't be a problem for me. I rarely have many fliers. Because I'm bad at team making.

that won't be a problem for me. I rarely have many fliers. Because I'm bad at team making.

You used Larentia, though.

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

This chapter 18 in Trapper Knight is... it's interesting. Shrimp, I think your 7 strength Leah might actually not kill the fliers in one hit, rip.

yeah i am actually real stuck this time lmao

And the way the chapter is done is the way i hate FE chapters the most. Waves upon waves of enemies

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

A pitfall? On a bridge? Path of Radiance is a pioneer of turn-based strategy games.

This is what they meant about being based on the Tellius games.

Okay, look, but hey. It's not like Nintendo is a multimillionaire corporation with a legion of employees. You gotta understand, programming is hard. They did their best shot with that emulator of theirs. Sure it's got its flaws, but you guys are just being ungrateful, they made their best effort.

I mean, it's not as bad as this.

E37r1dyc o

It could be worse! We should be grateful to Nintendo for their awesomeness. They make great games, after all!

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You used Larentia, though.

Yeah, I did. And where did that get me?

Mjzptqpd o

There. That's where it got me.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

yeah i am actually real stuck this time lmao

Oof.

We'll see if I fare better. You know, when the sale starts.

I am an impatient man, if you hadn't noticed.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I did. And where did that get me?

I'm very glad that I didn't use her. If only you'd remembered Esteban and trained him instead...

Edited by Benice

I think a bot just crashed my entire TF2.

What the absolute hell.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I'm very glad that I didn't use her. If only you'd remembered Esteban and trained him instead...

Don't you remember? Christine died before she could speak to him, so he became a character in the fanfic instead.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wound you? If anything I flatter you. I am pretending 30 years old is a discernible fraction of your age!

Don’t try to falter me Rubenio! You know I’m old as dirt.

Don't you remember? Christine died before she could speak to him, so he became a character in the fanfic instead.

Oh right, I thought hat you finished the map before he arrived.

...But that was me, not you.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Wraith canonically predates Taxes?

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Sorry, sorry. From now on I will be sure to get your age correctly.

Oh right, I thought hat you finished the map before he arrived.

...But that was me, not you.

Ahahahahah... F for Estie.

Wraith canonically predates Taxes?

That depends on how historically accurate The Flintstones is.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not like Nintendo is a multimillionaire corporation with a legion of employees.

And that's precisely the problem. Size and age always breeds indulgence, incompetency, and arrogance. Religious, political, social, economic, all human institutions without some serious self-flagellation every so often, since the dawn of humanity have likely been this way. The small if they partake of the same flaws, either die, or never become big and must always be wary of skirting the edge of ruin. 

It's not Nintendo's problem, but rather human nature in general. "Establishment" is an illness as old any (excluding recent mutations) humanity has died of.

And not even exclusive to Nintendo in the gaming industry either. Amazon has made their first kinda-competent video game in the form of New World. But, I read that that game, contrary to what usually happens with MMORPGs, is running into serious ingame economic deflation issues. Prices keep dropping because you get to the end of the game, coin income becomes incredibly scarce and ingame taxes devour too much of that limited income. Players have begun resorting to bartering raw materials instead of spending precious coinage. This is highly unusual for an MMORPG. But, it's Amazon, would you expect them to ever pay the masses enough?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And technically, Goron has minor damage-related gameplay benefits

Wait, what? Since when? I swear the game never tells you this, you only get “wear when hot”.