Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

Hard or Lunatic? I have everyone around the four stairs on Hard and pretty much swarm in at once. Every time I've done that, I've cleared all the enemies on that Player Phase in time to combat Oboro and her lackeys the following Player Phase. On my recent Lunatic run (using the Birthright characters), I had Hinata choke the point where the ballista is, then on the following Player Phase I had everyone retreat back down. This causes the enemies to go back to their starting positions.

So swarming is viable in Hard?

What skills are added on Lunatic?

Well, I just tried with superbuffed Xander (has Rally Def and Spd, Bow Knight pairup and danced), they definitely have Oboro's crew charge in (Admittedly I had Xander go right behind the ballista bow on player phase and run out afterwards because I am not ready with just him up there)

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So swarming is viable in Hard?

What skills are added on Lunatic?

Well, I just tried with superbuffed Xander (has Rally Def and Spd, Bow Knight pairup and danced), they definitely have Oboro's crew charge in (Admittedly I had Xander go right behind the ballista bow on player phase and run out afterwards because I am not ready with just him up there)

No new skills iirc, just two enemies on the right bunch of stairs, so there's only two you can immediately use to get up there.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Stupid Hoshidan wall engineering with all these entranceways we can easily climb up, no siege understanding)

They became complacent with the pacifist barrier.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

No new skills iirc, just two enemies on the right bunch of stairs, so there's only two you can immediately use to get up there.

So not as much changed from what I did as I'd expect.

Oboro's group has been neutralised, all that's left is to get Takumi's goons and him gone. And then I can try to recruit Rallyman 0.5.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They became complacent with the pacifist barrier.

The Theodosian walls needed more than being big fuck off walls to be effective.

Though three of them definitely helped.

Qeyfalls o

All right. This time, for realsies. Game's over.

No idea what next. I only have four chapters left of Lonely Mirror, so I'll have to find something new to play soon enough.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, the Homeward spell normally sends you to the last bonfire, (which has to be Firelink Shrine, or the glitch will send you to a different safety coordinate) but the combination of casting it with the wrong type of spellcasting tool and swapping it with one that can be cast, (fireball, in this case) and doing so while falling and then resting at a bonfire causes the game to lose your location. The spell then takes effect and transports you to the Shrine area, but not into the right spot.

Huh. Well, that's weird. But speedrunning do be like that. Speedrunners find more glitches than playtesters.

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

Olivier: I'm not stuck with you, Ruben. No, you're stuck with me.

ezgif-4-a8d06e0896fb.gif

Best character. Or at least he was from the four lines of his I saw before I lost interest completely.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Kumagera missed a 98%.

What the fuck.

At least I could dance him and he got 100% accuracy that way.

R N G

In related topics, how do people recommend assaulting the first bunch of enemies when you climb up onto the wall in Possessed?

(Stupid Hoshidan wall engineering with all these entranceways we can easily climb up, no siege understanding)

My lunatic run of Takumi's Fun Castle is a feverish blur, but I think I just threw Benny at them? He could take the shots, and trying to kill him they put themselves in much better positions for me to beat them up.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Kumagera missed.

He got crit.

Yeah, I might see a little bit of your perspective @Saint Rubenio

Kumagera's luck is a problem, yeah. But him missing? That's not so common, with his Blow skills boosting his hitrate. What was the chance?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kumagera's luck is a problem, yeah. But him missing? That's not so common, with his Blow skills boosting his hitrate. What was the chance?

80%. I should have used a more accurate weapon, this is true. But 80% with a Steel Axe on a throne is certainly something.

The 98% earlier was still ridiculous.

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

80%. I should have used a more accurate weapon, this is true. But 80% with a Steel Axe on a throne is certainly something.

Oh yeah, that's not bad. You know, until the RNG decided "yeah you're doing everything again."

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The 98% earlier was still ridiculous.

Just yesterday I was playing Lonely Mirror. Someone got hit by a 7% and died. I was so amazed I forgot to even post about it.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, that's not bad. You know, until the RNG decided "yeah you're doing everything again."

Worst thing is the other axes were on Reinhard.

The guy who was paired up with him all map.

If I'd thought for a second, I most likely would have taken it home.

Could have still failed, but it'd be even funnier to you.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just yesterday I was playing Lonely Mirror. Someone got hit by a 7% and died. I was so amazed I forgot to even post about it.

Is it 2rn?

That's amazing.

Not as statistically significant if 1rn though. 😛

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh. Well, that's weird. But speedrunning do be like that. Speedrunners find more glitches than playtesters.

Here's a video that more properly explains how the Wrong Warp works, and its history, in case you're interested:

Spoiler

But yeah, it's hilarious the kind of stuff they find. Dark Souls alone has so many hilarious glitches that make no sense at all, watching speedruns is occasionally comical because of how badly the game is broken, and I know that it's the same with tons of other games as well.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is it 2rn?

Yep. I actually went to the hacker with this question during my first run. I needed confirmation.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's amazing.

My luck with this game has been astounding in both runs. I don't know what it is about it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

But yeah, it's hilarious the kind of stuff they find. Dark Souls alone has so many hilarious glitches that make no sense at all, watching speedruns is occasionally comical because of how badly the game is broken, and I know that it's the same with tons of other games as well.

Yeah, there isn't such a thing as a game without glitches. Every game has glitches if you look hard enough for them. It's just inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why am I not surprised...

I said there was a roster leak with this a few weeks back. It does have Finn and Jake as well as Super Norbert Shaggy in fairness.

For some reason it had Arya Stark though and I feel like that choice will get mocked. Also the name's just... yeah.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, there isn't such a thing as a game without glitches. Every game has glitches if you look hard enough for them. It's just inevitable.

It's a matter of how significant they are and what they result in. But I wonder if someone hasn't proven a game glitchless yet. It'd be super simple if so though.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why am I not surprised...

Everyone's making a Smash bros these days.

I said there was a roster leak with this a few weeks back. It does have Finn and Jake as well as Super Norbert Shaggy in fairness.

I can't wait for the memes with Shaggy.

For some reason it had Arya Stark though and I feel like that choice will get mocked. Also the name's just... yeah.

Multiversus: The dad fighter. Buy the DLC now for even more dad puns.

It's a matter of how significant they are and what they result in. But I wonder if someone hasn't proven a game glitchless yet. It'd be super simple if so though.

Yeah, pretty much the only thing that has a chance to be entirely glitchless is something like Pong, or Space Invaders at most. The moment it starts being a little complex, it becomes extremely hard to keep it glitchless. Which is okay. Everyone loves a nice glitch or five, just as long as they aren't too distracting or gamebreaking.

2 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

So I found out I can use the Live2d models from Fates as virtual avatars. Might do something with that.

Use Dwyer, he's the easiest one to make relatable

Edited by Dayni

5 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

So I found out I can use the Live2d models from Fates as virtual avatars. Might do something with that.

Oh my God if someone becomes Vtuber Garon I will lose my shit.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, dear. I hope nothing too bad happens.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I hope this passes uneventfully.

It's possible they've been infected for a while. But again, everyone in the immediate vicinity included the infected is fully vaccinated, and vaccination drastically slashes the chances of death (though not 100% one must concede).

And really, given the way this pandemic has gone, it's not that cynical to think that we're all going to get it eventually (at least in some countries🇺🇸). It's a question of whether your body is prepared for it- aka vaccination.

I can run, but I can never hide. One day I will have to give it another shot.

In the back of the skull you mean.

N64 emulation is... bad. Project64 is ancient and becomes more controversial the higher the version number (at one point there even was malware packed with the emulator, or so I hear), and Mupen64, while supposedly good, is a headache and a half to set up.

Ya see, that's the kind of stuff my parents associate with PC gaming that led them to wait on me gaming on my laptop until I had antivirus protection.

And I don't blame them, that kind of stuff was in my "emulation = shady" fears for years as well. An incident like that would have sent me to the grave without ever having tasted so many delicacies trapped in Japanese or not preserved by Mammon's minions.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Ward's only in like, his late 40s tops. Which might as well be a decomposed fossil by anime standards, but the man's still not quite past his prime. As evidenced by his Endgame Readiness.

FYI, William the Conqueror was riding into battle -not necessarily the frontlines, but close enough- at the age of 59.

It was possibly illness that killed him, or he was injured bashing against his steed's saddle. Whatever it was, his gut seems to have become infected, as the corpulent old Duke of Normandy and King of England burst open when they tried to shove his corpse into a tomb that was too small for his girth.

Also, Frederick Barbarossa rode on horseback when he was 67 and went on the Third Crusade. Though he never reached the Holy Land, as he drowned in a river en route, possibly because he was thrown in full armor from his horse.

Ward has probably a decade at least left of being able to ride safely, that's good.

That's a pretty cute story. I can totally get wanting to have a trip down memory lane. Here, let me throw another nostalgia story at you. I know you didn't ask.

Back when I was a kid and my mom pirated all games, we had this blank disk with "Indiana Jones" written on it. It was Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, a sort of Tomb Raider clone staring the famous archeologist that randomly featured the godliest fist fighting system ever. I played the game so much that the disk was rendered unusable. I loved that game so much. I even memorized a good few glitches that you could do.

That was that, until many years later, I just randomly discovered that the game was on Steam. I didn't even wait for a sale like a proper PC gamer. I grabbed it right then and there. Steam says I've played 119 hours of it, but that's probably not even half of it, counting all the time I must've poured into it as a kid.

I don't mind. One should reciprocate, when another has listened to their nostalgic heartfelt recollections, about things that might not matter whatsoever to the listener.

Though our fondnesses may differ, taking a moment to appreciate others' stories of a similar wavelength if not superficial form, is a fundamental step towards being sympathetic. Better sympathy fill the Internet than so many other emotions that so seem to predominate.🤝

Again, really fun game. What a shame it's not more popular, it's one of the most original Mario 2D platformers. I know it's not that high of a bar, but still. Great little game hiding there, and the plus worlds give it a more than reasonable length--

Nlantymx o

Wait.

There's even more!?

Okay I actually knew about this already, it's a set of 12 levels that are unlocked for getting gold stars in the regular levels, but still. This game has a surprising amount of content.

I've got the game on my 3DS as part of that short-lived "Ambassador Program" Nintendo did with the early buyers of their stereoscopic portable. I never finished it, and there's probably no way I could 100% all the normal stages, but it was fun. An excellent puzzle-platformer with bite-sized stages.

If you haven't played the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong -as in the arcade game, not Donkey Kong Land- you might want to. I've dabbled through some of it, and as people have said, it's proto-Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. No Mini-Marios, but the platformer aspect is roughly the same.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God if someone becomes Vtuber Garon I will lose my shit.

Figures, you'd be the ride or die fan of Vtuber Garon.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's a question of whether your body is prepared for it- aka vaccination.

And there's so little acceptance that prevention's better than cure.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

tumblr_n0g5w6kbht1s4wmemo1_400.gif

Oh shit

I had no idea this dude got fanart. Let alone way back in 2019. Neat.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's possible they've been infected for a while. But again, everyone in the immediate vicinity included the infected is fully vaccinated, and vaccination drastically slashes the chances of death (though not 100% one must concede).

And really, given the way this pandemic has gone, it's not that cynical to think that we're all going to get it eventually (at least in some countries🇺🇸). It's a question of whether your body is prepared for it- aka vaccination.

If everyone's vaccinated, chances are things will be fine. There's that, at least.

Yeah

Ya see, that's the kind of stuff my parents associate with PC gaming that led them to wait on me gaming on my laptop until I had antivirus protection.

And I don't blame them, that kind of stuff was in my "emulation = shady" fears for years as well. An incident like that would have sent me to the grave without ever having tasted so many delicacies trapped in Japanese or not preserved by Mammon's minions.

Oof...

Well, for the record, that's the only story of an emulator containing malware I've heard of. Out of all the emulators in existence, I'd say it's not a bad track record. It goes more to show that N64 emulation is garbage. Though again, people say Mupen64 is amazing.

FYI, William the Conqueror was riding into battle -not necessarily the frontlines, but close enough- at the age of 59.

It was possibly illness that killed him, or he was injured bashing against his steed's saddle. Whatever it was, his gut seems to have become infected, as the corpulent old Duke of Normandy and King of England burst open when they tried to shove his corpse into a tomb that was too small for his girth.

Also, Frederick Barbarossa rode on horseback when he was 67 and went on the Third Crusade. Though he never reached the Holy Land, as he drowned in a river en route, possibly because he was thrown in full armor from his horse.

Such underwhelming ways to go.

Ward has probably a decade at least left of being able to ride safely, that's good.

The game lasts like, a year, so that's great.

I don't mind. One should reciprocate, when another has listened to their nostalgic heartfelt recollections, about things that might not matter whatsoever to the listener.

Though our fondnesses may differ, taking a moment to appreciate others' stories of a similar wavelength if not superficial form, is a fundamental step towards being sympathetic. Better sympathy fill the Internet than so many other emotions that so seem to predominate.🤝

Well said!

I've got the game on my 3DS as part of that short-lived "Ambassador Program" Nintendo did with the early buyers of their stereoscopic portable. 

Ah yes, that. I got that one as well. Never did play this game on the 3DS, though.

I never finished it, and there's probably no way I could 100% all the normal stages, but it was fun. An excellent puzzle-platformer with bite-sized stages.

Yep, this is a good short description.

If you haven't played the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong -as in the arcade game, not Donkey Kong Land- you might want to. I've dabbled through some of it, and as people have said, it's proto-Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. No Mini-Marios, but the platformer aspect is roughly the same.

I played that one as a kid as well, yes. Maybe I'll check it out. Mostly I'm just worried it's going to look worse going to it from MvsDK, haha.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I really need to play one of them one of these days

for now I'll just enjoy the music though

Me with Touhou.

Just now, Dayni said:

Figures, you'd be the ride or die fan of Vtuber Garon.

I want to watch Vtuber Garon do the fascist route in Disco Elysium and every five minutes he stops to repeat his "rebellions are like seeds" spiel.

...Though I'm not sure he would survive the karaoke scene...

Just now, Dayni said:

tumblr_n0g5w6kbht1s4wmemo1_400.gif

Jesus fucking Christ, the level of detail. Where does that even come from?