Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes, me and my pal Ruben, who love nothing more than spending thousands of dollars in the gacha to get PNGs of our favorite Fiya Emblem characters to use in the extremely refined, challenging, and tight Heroes gameplay.

I will download Heroes again and get four Garons, and make the real Team Garon.

Just now, Sooks said:

I didn’t mean he was likable, just that he’s a good character because of what you said.

Good to know we agree on something that is part of a matter as contentious as Three Houses, then.

Just now, Sooks said:

Having characters with unique battle dialogue finishing the other off is always the morally correct choice. It’s cool.

Killing Lonato with Ashe intensifies

Just now, Sooks said:

And having 2 in every stat while joining early to recruit a character at the end of the game is definitely peak game design.

Bantu is just not well done in the remakes. One of the few aspects where I do agree FE3 handled itself better. The manaketes were far less... completely useless than they are in the remakes.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, there is one reason to recruit him.

No man left behind.

When you've played the game as many times as I have, you learn to stop caring so much. Besides, think about it. He's old and rickety. Let him enjoy his retirement, instead of conscripting him into a war effort. He clearly cannot fight, why would you make him?

I know, says me, the guy who handed an axe to an 8 year old and told him to start decapitating folks

Just now, Sooks said:

Unless you’re Samson. Or Frey, canonically.

Fun fact (that you may already know but whatever let me talk about my man Arran): Canonically, Arran was recruited in Shadow Dragon. He succeeds Jagen as the commander of the Altean army in book 2, while Samson wanders off and is hired by a different nation.

Arran also becomes the best character in Fire Emblem in New Mystery. New Mystery supports are a bit of a mixed bag, but Arran's support with Kris is top notch. I would call it one of the best in the entire series, but that's just me, and you know how it is with me and popular opinions.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Don't forget about the part where they assign schoolwork over summer break.

I'm lucky enough that this didn't happen often to me.

The times that it did happen, though... So annoying.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact (that you may already know but whatever let me talk about my man Arran): Canonically, Arran was recruited in Shadow Dragon. He succeeds Jagen as the commander of the Altean army in book 2, while Samson wanders off and is hired by a different nation.

Yes, which is why it sucks to be Samson.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Arran also becomes the best character in Fire Emblem in New Mystery.

Well, that’s a big claim.

…Wait, the characters in New Mystery have characters? That’s cool, hope what you say is true because I very begrudgingly put Ferdinand in the cavalier spot on the chart, I don’t like any of the Three Houses cavs that much. Or FE cavs in general, they have a tendency to be very boring.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, that’s a big claim.

I know. I won't claim it to be objective or anything. I just love the take on loyalty and knighthood in his supports, it's really different from most knight types in the series.

…Wait, the characters in New Mystery have characters?

Yes. It was their last chance, so they added literally the entire cast of Archanea to the game (hence the super bloated cast of 77 characters) and then they scrambled to give everyone at least one support with the avatar.

There are some real gems in there, and most people with bad Kris supports tend to have a better support with other characters. So I think they were generally successful. But that's just my opinion, of course.

That’s cool, hope what you say is true because I very begrudgingly put Ferdinand in the cavalier spot on the chart, I don’t like any of the Three Houses cavs that much. Or FE cavs in general, they have a tendency to be very boring.

But Treck and Noah tho

Nah but I do understand this opinion.

Does the Levin Sword deal damage based on magic in Shadow Dragon? Because if so, that thing is incredibly useless. Pretty much every physical unit has zero magic.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does the Levin Sword deal damage based on magic in Shadow Dragon? Because if so, that thing is incredibly useless. Pretty much every physical unit has zero magic.

Yep. Strength and magic being separated is a thing that shouldn't have happened imo.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is why it's actually a legit strategy sometimes to reclass mages to swordmaster. Their magic allows them to use it effectively, and they gain a huge boost in speed compared to the magical classes, which are all pretty slow. I mean, everyone loves the Swordmaster Wrys memes, but it can be unironically useful sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep. Strength and magic being separated is a thing that shouldn't have happened imo.

The split's fine. What really needed to happen was for IntSys to stop stubbornly refusing to add a sword equivalent of the hand axe and the javelin. Why it took them till Fates to finally do it is beyond me. What, were they worried swords would be OP if they had range? They've been the worst weapon type since FE7!

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why? It makes characters more unique on a statspread PoV.

Cause then magic swords (or axes and lances later on) become useless to them. Back then, those weapons simply targeted Res, now it targets Res and takes Mag into account as well.

15 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

ikr xD

Also another Lyon enjoyer i see

It's a tiny Rhea, my theocratic tyrant can't possibly be this cute /s

15 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Byleth Stare

He knows what he did.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ao pls

AO PLS

There's Gay.

There's Super Gay.

Ao's just casually shooting for Ultra Gay

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I actually have had to read a book, courtesy of high school. One of the great literary classics or something, Homer’s The Odyssey.

It sucks and I can barely follow the English translation. Luckily we get to read a graphic novel someone made instead, with words actual humans still use. Wraith is going to smite me when he reads this, isn’t he?

We had an abridged telling of the Iliad very early on in secondary school.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ah, yes, Bantu. I recently recruited him in Shadow Dragon and still have no clue why he exists at all.

He's an introduction to the Manakete and is able to be super broken in SDatBoL.

In SD/NMotE, he is one of the worst units in the series.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon is playable in Heroes too. It totally makes sense for both of us.

By that logic he could be your Mankete. That's what they made him in Heroes.

No Bolverk only manakete.

Yes, that's basically how reading the classics in school tends to go. It's what happens when you try to get developing teenagers to read complex works of art at a set speed and then demand that they understand everything perfectly lest their marks tank.

I swear, forced reads at school kill the concept of reading for teenagers more than anything.

Me, who liked most of the stuff he read in school

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't you need him for the true ending?

Nope.

Bantu is just not well done in the remakes. One of the few aspects where I do agree FE3 handled itself better. The manaketes were far less... completely useless than they are in the remakes.

At least the others can use Divinestones, he doesn't have even that.

Also, TIL Garon was an imposter. The most sus imposter I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

…Wait, the characters in New Mystery have characters? That’s cool, hope what you say is true because I very begrudgingly put Ferdinand in the cavalier spot on the chart, I don’t like any of the Three Houses cavs that much. Or FE cavs in general, they have a tendency to be very boring.

Fin exists

This is impossible.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's a reason to make units like Linde swordmasters.

They can have fun with it but that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The split's fine. What really needed to happen was for IntSys to stop stubbornly refusing to add a sword equivalent of the hand axe and the javelin. Why it took them till Fates to finally do it is beyond me. What, were they worried swords would be OP if they had range? They've been the worst weapon type since FE7!

I mean, RD had the Wind Edge.

But in all seriousness, the reason things evened out there was that the Javelin and Hand Axe were nerfed, not that swords had no 1-2 range. Swords still aren't all that great in Fates generally. Of the post BB titles, I'd argue it definitely can be useful in Non-LunaR DSFE, Awakening had a couple of 1-2 range as well, regaila though they were and RD has it's moments as well.

I spent hours figuring these out @Shrimp γ I'm not bothering editing an image for this:

Spoiler

Couple: Limiting myself to canonical to save my sanity. Zeke/Taitana, Quan/Ethlyn, Marth/Caeda, all good options, feel like I’m missing some. Going to pick Zeke/Tatiana at the moment. There’s a lot I could consider if we went for the implied pairings.

Male: Canas (I feel like I’ve said this all before)

Female: L’Arachel (SS remake makes her the protagonist or we riot. Her exuberance I would argue results from her lost family, she makes even a sourpuss like Rennac cool a little and Valkyrie L’Arachel is the only choice for Ivaldi. I had considered heroes only barely but she did some work despite her relative earliness as well. Funny, couple of others listeddid so as well.)

Antagonist: Arvis (Of the major antagonists, it’s him, Travant, Lyon, ...Gangrel? And we could argue about 3H villains but I’d rather not.)

Weapon: There’s a lot of options here, but I mean, Forseti go fwoosh-. I could do an analysis but it's been hours and I am done.)

Game: Haha nope.

Lord: Leif (Best lord. I mean, 3H gave us three good ones but it still wasn’t enough to topple Leif)

Cav: Finn (Best cav. No questions will be taken)

Knight: Lukas (I have a problem. I keep seeing Lukas as possibly autistic and I’m certain that’s incorrect, but it is shaping a more positive opinion of the guy. He talks about difficutlies with interacting with people and being read as cold and man he fits the stereotype to me. That and he’s a good units. Valbar, Oswin, Tauroneo, Benny and Forsyth were also considered but due to a bias I couldn’t stop myself)

Archer: Brigid (I’m going to count her here as also Eyvel to justify her ahead of Ignatz, Ashe, Shamir, Tanya, Dorothy and Bernie. Takumi’s still a good unit)

Bow Knight: Leonie (Because honestly this category lost me. I had nobody I actively wanted to pick out of default bow knights, Midir/Lester (maybe after a remake, ditto for Selphina), Astrid (RD killed this for her) or Dayan (A meta support doesn't feel like enough, maybe after I look him over I'd change my mind) were not sufficient. 3H reclassing to the rescue, thjough I might reconsider Leon here.)

Merc: Gerik (I kind of preferred him over Echidna, Ogma, Dieck and Osian in the end.)

Myrm: Mareeta (If Stefan had more gameplay it’d have been him here. Zihark, Catherine, Shannan and Saber bring up the rear here and Ayra and Joshua are still running behind)

Fighter: Alois (Yep, this guy. It was down to him, Lot or Dagdar and it’s close in practice. I might change this to Dagdar)

Soldier: Nephenee (Haitaka’s good. He isn’t 200 kills across two games good. Oboro also existed I suppose, as did Aran and Danved. Or was it Devdan?)

Pirate/Brigand: Gonzales (The speediest Gonzales this side of Loony Tunes, it’s a pairly easy pick here.)

Peg.: Caeda (Busted unit in SD, recruiter of more units than several lords, her and Marth are kinda sweet. Elincia and Tanith were close.)

Wyvern: Seteth (I feel a little mixed, but to be fair he has a lot going for his character and he has Swift Strikes. As for competition, Jill got no Spd in PoR and could have gotten more in RD, Haar is kind of alright as a character, Minerva is someone who got damseled for no reason, Scarlet got done dirty and isn’t that impressive of a unit, Michalis is barely playable and Melady, Altena and Cyril slipped behind here.)

Anima: Asbel (The childhood friend’s mage. No, not that one. Or that one. Olwen, Nino, Robin and Nomah were also outside bets)

Dark: Lysithia (Canas being out, it’s a matter of who I prefer between her, Pelleas and Etzel. One of these can oneshot DK.)

Light: Linoan (Justice for Tahra! Julia’s base personality pushes her right below and Sara being all backstory leaves her third. This category’s kinda empty when so many are clerics first and mages second)

Cleric/Curate: Lena (I could have a bad time with this map. OR I COULD USE THE WARP STAFF- But seriously, she became a cleric to avoid marrying Michalis, is actually good combat in SD and if MotE hadn’t dicked her over she’d have probably been best F. Genny, Flayn, Saias, Brady, Lissa and Mercedes follow behind)

Troubadour: Ethlyn (Once L’Arachel left, it was her or Maribelle and Ethlyn has more going for her. Yep, no Forrest, I await your ire. He’s sitting with Nanna and aunt Elise in the not quite there corner, also Dwyer because it turns out I find him more relatable than I anticipated)

Thief: Legault (Bit of a close thing with Petra, Awakening Anna and Julian but Petra doesn’t sit right with me in this class, Julian’s underdeveloped and Anna’s a bit of an easy pick. I also dropped Shura, Sothe and Volke)

Dancer: Tethys (Trust me, this is not for gameplay utility and she is proof. It’s not by too much though, Ninian and Nils, Sylvia, Olivia, all fine enough but character wise there’s not much questioing from me.)

Manakete: Tiki by default I suppose (The others are kinda eh, barring Myrrh I suppose)

Laguz: Ranulf (Counting other tribe groups, Nasir for dragons and Reyson for birbs)

Trainee: Kliff (Mozu, Ewan and Donnel are not far behind, but two are essentially just salt of the earth folk and the other’s the less interesting part of Tethys’s story)

Other: Xane (Like a Dancer but he can become that extra option. THREE BALLASTICIANS. Lachesis as Master Knight might have been an option in another timeline.)

Edited by Dayni

Morning!

gsdx-20211120081330.pnggsdx-20211120070124.pnggsdx-20211120070051.png

The character bios aren't entirely mundane I see. Irm, I like you, please stop this.

gsdx-20211120070721.png

Evil old man looks as ridiculous as ever, if not worse than I remember it. His eyes have a whole new soullessness to them.

Van Vat Tran, the future Neo Divine Crusaders leader also showed up via hologram, having led the successful North American campaign (befitting his future). Considering OG1 never had the guy show up despite having risen to the top spot in OG2, I like this little continuity improvement. Some Lorenzo guy whose name I think I've seen in my readings of OG Gaiden is here too. Makes sense, given this game contains a few peeks into what OG Gaiden was going to be about. And Elzam now his own nickname- the Black Tornado.

gsdx-20211120081533.png

Government indecision that was actually good for a change?

All units get their sizes listed -except the battleships! One obvious reason for this- not trying to explain how they can house an ever-increasing number of giant robots.

gsdx-20211120084723.png

I wasn't sure what tronium looked like, I only imagined it was green, but I wasn't expecting this. I might've heard of uranium "pellets" before, and I'm certain I've heard of highly concentrated "natural gas, but not the stuff fracking gets at" pellets before, so I can see how they'd come up with this idea.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well that escalated quickly.

There happens to be like 3 battles in OG1 where nuclear missiles show up. They're pretty harmless, unless you get right next to one of them (and somehow their ramming attack doesn't actually blow 'em up). The main issue is that in those missions, you must drop their HP reallllllly low before they get to their intended destinations, otherwise Game Over. And you can't destroy them either, because then KABOOM! and Game Over. It's the one time the Mercy "enemy will survive a fatal hit with 10HP left" Spirit command comes in handy, but they're still annoying.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Having characters with unique battle dialogue finishing the other off is always the morally correct choice. It’s cool.

And you can go a step further and add unique dialogue that only plays if you kill said enemies with a specific character. Although I'm not sure I would advise it, it can make good and possibly important script too readily missable.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

6L7uuJA.jpg

AO PLS

Surrounded by our heart's desires, isn't that what we all want in video games?😄🥰 (Except when we want to be adventurous and break out of the comfort zone.)

And this is the reason the game isn't on the Russian eShop.

In Astram's case, the right play is to straight up murder him to get his sword early and so that you don't have to deploy Jeorge's fallen off ass in chapter 16.

Like why though? You're fighting degenerate dragons for most of the subsequent chapters. Just buy a bunch of Wyrmkillers at the desert Secret Shop, that's all the overkill you'll need for a long while. Mercurius won't truly be useful again until one chapter before Astram rejoins.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's Persona but with robots except it's more accurate to say Persona is Sakura Wars but with Stands because Sakura Wars was doing the whole RPG/Dating Sim hybrid thing like 10 years before Persona did it.

*Checks the dates between Sakura Wars 1 and Persona 3*

Correct, two months short of ten years.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

By that logic he could be your Mankete. That's what they made him in Heroes.

Ahahahahaha

Oh if only I'd known before.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Me, who liked most of the stuff he read in school

Jesus, dude don't hit me with one of my own gore edits without warning. Had to do one hell of a double-take there.

And yes. You really are alone in the dark here. Though I did enjoy some school reads. Not all of them, but some.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, TIL Garon was an imposter. The most sus imposter I've ever seen.

Garon is a sussy baka. I hear that's what is considered humor on the internet these days?

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But in all seriousness, the reason things evened out there was that the Javelin and Hand Axe were nerfed, not that swords had no 1-2 range. Swords still aren't all that great in Fates generally.

Oh no, I was just saying, they finally added a ranged sword that doesn't need magic. Finally. Swords are still pretty bleh though, I often find myself running no swords in my Fates teams.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I spent hours figuring these out @Shrimp γ I'm not bothering editing an image for this:

That's a fine list. No Forrest, Nephenee pushing Haitaka to the sidelines and Three Houses characters being there welcomes my ire, but on the other hand, I do support those male and female picks.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20211120070721.png

Evil old man looks as ridiculous as ever, if not worse than I remember it. His eyes have a whole new soullessness to them.

I like how he has a piece of metal stapled to his face.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Like why though? You're fighting degenerate dragons for most of the subsequent chapters. Just buy a bunch of Wyrmkillers at the desert Secret Shop, that's all the overkill you'll need for a long while. Mercurius won't truly be useful again until one chapter before Astram rejoins.

Depending on what class your Kris is, they might already be able to use Mercurius by chapter 8 (at least I managed once, and I wasn't even trying to, I just made her a myrmidon and it happened). Then you get to kill things with it in Khadein, not to mention the barbarians and thieves in the dragon chapters, who can be pretty dangerous at times, and Altea 1. Sure, it doesn't sound like a lot, but it's still better than having to deploy Jeorge in chapter 16, long after he's fallen off, just to grab a completely worthless unit for his sword.

Soundtrack in SMT V is nuts.

BDSP is actually proving to be enjoyable--spent two hours in the underground earlier, just digging up stuff. Lots of fun. Defeating the second gym leader with a Houndoom felt really funny too.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Depending on what class your Kris is, they might already be able to use Mercurius by chapter 8 (at least I managed once, and I wasn't even trying to, I just made her a myrmidon and it happened). Then you get to kill things with it in Khadein, not to mention the barbarians and thieves in the dragon chapters, who can be pretty dangerous at times, and Altea 1. Sure, it doesn't sound like a lot, but it's still better than having to deploy Jeorge in chapter 16, long after he's fallen off, just to grab a completely worthless unit for his sword.

And here I was thinking Old Mystery, not New.😅 Our preferences on Emblem III: Second Adventure of Marth differ.

Though doesn't Jeorge do well in FE12 for the Wyverns at least? That's not long fallen off, only moderately after I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No Forrest, Nephenee pushing Haitaka to the sidelines and Three Houses characters being there welcomes my ire

On Forrest I've barely read anything beyond his recruitment chapter and Fates kid bias still exists, Nephenee has enemy phases where she could take out a dozen enemies which Haitaka cannot claim (because his defences aren't as good) and of the four 3H picks Lysithea is mainly a gameplay one and Canas was out, Leonie was picked by default, Alois could easily be switched with Dagdar or Lot and Seteth..... Seteth probably makes the best case of them. And of them I think you at least don't hate 3.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but on the other hand, I do support those male and female picks.

I'm a little surprised by that statement, I thought you'd dislike L'Arachel. Admittedly that is open to change.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I was just saying, they finally added a ranged sword that doesn't need magic. Finally. Swords are still pretty bleh though, I often find myself running no swords in my Fates teams.

Wind Edge in RD isn't magical.

it's real issue is it's hit sucks.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus, dude don't hit me with one of my own gore edits without warning. Had to do one hell of a double-take there.

Apologies, I was still trying to finialise picks and I ended up thinking this should be fine right, forgetting you'd edited it.

Then shrugged my shoulders and used it anyway.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

BDSP is actually proving to be enjoyable--spent two hours in the underground earlier, just digging up stuff. Lots of fun. Defeating the second gym leader with a Houndoom felt really funny too.

A Houndoom already?

Oh jeez.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Irm, I like you, please stop this.

If he want to hit on old grannies, just let him be.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There happens to be like 3 battles in OG1 where nuclear missiles show up. They're pretty harmless, unless you get right next to one of them (and somehow their ramming attack doesn't actually blow 'em up). The main issue is that in those missions, you must drop their HP reallllllly low before they get to their intended destinations, otherwise Game Over. And you can't destroy them either, because then KABOOM! and Game Over. It's the one time the Mercy "enemy will survive a fatal hit with 10HP left" Spirit command comes in handy, but they're still annoying.

Oh yes, this has also been a thing in mainline SRW. I remember one stage in Alpha Gaiden, but at least the HP threshold was 20%, and they had like 10K HP each. Happening in the early game, it was easy to not blow them up accidentally.

Nuclear explosions actually require very precise processes that aren't easy to trigger accidentally, precisely as a failsafe. You could even blow the thing up without triggering the mechanism. Thus no surprise if the missiles can ram themselves without problem. Or in some games, safely destroy them where the objective is to just not let them reach their destination.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't sure what tronium looked like, I only imagined it was green, but I wasn't expecting this. I might've heard of uranium "pellets" before, and I'm certain I've heard of highly concentrated "natural gas, but not the stuff fracking gets at" pellets before, so I can see how they'd come up with this idea.

I think tronium was described in Shin SRW as well. Named so from the planet it's uniquely native to... which no longer exists by the time of the game, making tronium much more valuable.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

A Houndoom already?

Oh jeez.

It has Fire Spin as its only fire move, so it's in no way broken against the gym leader. I was happy I got it since this is a nuzlocke run.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And here I was thinking Old Mystery, not New.😅 Our preferences on Emblem III: Second Adventure of Marth differ.

When talking with me you can assume I'm referring to New Mystery. I cannot stomach Old Mystery's UI, so I probably will never complete it.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though doesn't Jeorge do well in FE12 for the Wyverns at least? That's not long fallen off, only moderately after I suppose.

I mean, yeah, "long" is probably an exaggeration, but by Altea there's zero reason to have him around.

On Forrest I've barely read anything beyond his recruitment chapter and Fates kid bias still exists

Okay, fine. Very borderline fine.

Nephenee has enemy phases where she could take out a dozen enemies which Haitaka cannot claim (because his defences aren't as good)

And because he exists in a game that is challenging, as opposed to two snoozefests.

and of the four 3H picks Lysithea is mainly a gameplay one and Canas was out, Leonie was picked by default, Alois could easily be switched with Dagdar or Lot and Seteth..... Seteth probably makes the best case of them. And of them I think you at least don't hate 3.

True enough, Lysithea is the only one of those that I don't like. The other three I actually quite like.

I'm a little surprised by that statement, I thought you'd dislike L'Arachel. Admittedly that is open to change.

Wait, what? When did I ever express dislike for L'Arachel? She's great.

Oh.

Well, whoops.

Apologies, I was still trying to finialise picks and I ended up thinking this should be fine right, forgetting you'd edited it.

Then shrugged my shoulders and used it anyway.

Hahahah... Nah, it's okay. Don't worry about it.

18 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Defeating the second gym leader with a Houndoom felt really funny too.

You and i seem to agree on alotta levels! Houndoom is such a badass Pokemon, one of the best from the G/S/C era imo.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Not a prob, except for like Makalov & Edward- the scrubs. The swordmasters and Ike don't sweat it. The stronger variants are more inaccurate though, if so rare that it doesn't really matter.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yes, this has also been a thing in mainline SRW. I remember one stage in Alpha Gaiden, but at least the HP threshold was 20%, and they had like 10K HP each. Happening in the early game, it was easy to not blow them up accidentally.

20% was the threshold they set for the nuclear submarines in the first Ryusei encounter with the stuff. I forget what shooting down the actual missiles has as the threshold ATM, but lower HP on the missiles (5k IIRC) compared to subs carrying them makes it more challenging regardless. That, and the first Kyosuke route missile shoot down gave me trouble as a kid, Weissritter debuts, and a Game Over shortly follows.

Nuclear explosions actually require very precise processes that aren't easy to trigger accidentally, precisely as a failsafe. You could even blow the thing up without triggering the mechanism. Thus no surprise if the missiles can ram themselves without problem. Or in some games, safely destroy them where the objective is to just not let them reach their destination.

Except for the part where the animation for the missile ramming if it hits causes it to go BOOM!.

True. Aren't most modern explosive materials far less volatile than good old gunpowder and nitro glycerin?

I think tronium was described in Shin SRW as well. Named so from the planet it's uniquely native to... which no longer exists by the time of the game, making tronium much more valuable.

Thanks for the tidbit. I'll assume the Balmarians got into a clash over the planet and it wound up getting destroyed, makes the most offhand sense. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

You and i seem to agree on alotta levels! Houndoom is such a badass Pokemon, one of the best from the G/S/C era imo.

I wanted to use a Fire-type and I didn't want to play the game with any monkey business going on. So, Houndoom it is. Ponyta/Rapidash is kinda eh unless it's Galarian.

Edited by DodgeDusk

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

He's an introduction to the Manakete and is able to be super broken in SDatBoL.

Is he? He felt very okay when I used him in fe1.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well, the graphic novel is actually pretty interesting. I can only remember like, one other thing I read in school though.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Fin exists

This is impossible.

This is a thing I don’t get, everyone loves Fin. I don’t see why, he was just kinda there in fe4. He must be the best character ever written in his appearance in fe5, because it seems like everyone loves him.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you can go a step further and add unique dialogue that only plays if you kill said enemies with a specific character. Although I'm not sure I would advise it, it can make good and possibly important script too readily missable.

I know that at the very least Saizo has this if he kills Kotaro in Birthright and Revelation.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what? When did I ever express dislike for L'Arachel? She's great.

She's a female troubadour, I assumed, Okay?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And because he exists in a game that is challenging, as opposed to two snoozefests.

Don't make me purchase him in another route to prove that he can't tank as reliably in snoozefests.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a prob, except for like Makalov & Edward- the scrubs. The swordmasters and Ike don't sweat it. The stronger variants are more inaccurate though, if so rare that it doesn't really matter.

I'd say it could have been better in the Swordmaster's hands though. And 60 hit is a pretty low standard for the series.

Edward in particular had to use it a bunch, so that could have been a factor.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Is he? He felt very okay when I used him in fe1.

there's a glitch which you can use to make his defence insane.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

This is a thing I don’t get, everyone loves Fin. I don’t see why, he was just kinda there in fe4. He must be the best character ever written in his appearance in fe5, because it seems like everyone loves him.

Okay probably not.

He's kinda there the same way Forrest Gump was (Oifey's similar) though and that kind of thing alongside his non-holy blood ass fighting his best throughout to keep to his oaths speaks to some people. There is some other character elements in T776 though.

Classic literature uh ugh

10 hours ago, Julizan said:

Soul Master

Yeah reached him. Seems like he will be one annoying sob

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

I left laguz blank because I have yet to touch Tellius

Tellius when?

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLUL2d-KcN1GoAiIYNWjmA4cporrN820h6r3

...Myrmidon FE4 Hilda?

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ao pls