Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

Okay that might protect him a bit.

I mean, it’s not like Rugga was a believable lie. And besides, DO NOT OPEN THIS ARMAGON

Spoiler

if he thought Rugga was your favorite character, he would want to go against Rugga, which would absolutely help him later on. And we don’t want that to happen, do we? 😛

Plus if he tries to get Ludin killed in this game, he might send him away to Grofheim, inadvertently guaranteeing his safety. Especially because it involves beating up Ruben’s favorite character, which Armagon could never resist. And his death in the second game stems from an initial choice (protecting the town that I definitely remember the name of) that Armagon probably won’t make, assuming Oddleif’s magic works on him. Then, by the time his death rolls around in the third game, Ludin will have already worked his magic and Armagon will love him unless he has bad taste.

Goddamnit, Sooks, what have you done.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10437f889b02a8d9b7c7c9949786e43c.png

My Gb Pokemon game collection (mostly Yellow Version ofc)

Some of them weren't initially owned by me, such as the Silver and Gold versions with the black smears on the top of the cartridge. My Pokemon Red Version and the Yellow Version that's third from the left are my inital carts, so the wear kinda shows, haha.

Pokemon Blue has some damage as well, but i don't know what happened there, as it wasn't mine initially either.

Edit: my initial Crystal Version cart is there as well, and the wear kinda shows, although that one is actually still in great condition.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Due to the stylized font, for a brief moment, I read it as "Badder Saga".😄

That's what I'll be calling it if the game disappoints haha.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-38-45-AM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-39-21-AM.pn

Context- this came out of freakin' nowhere

Hi yes, 911?

Honestly though, Gremory's nuke attack was not well telegraphed. Sure, you can see her charging up the nuke in the background, but it's anybody's guess where the nuke will actually land. My friend was panicking on the right side of the screen and I was shuffling in the middle. The nuke landed and murdered us both instantly before we could even react

I think she goes to where you last were. So just move out of the way once you see her fly off screen.

As Sooks said, you have all the information you need before you move.

Well tbf, bringing up everyone's hitpoints does seem kind of cluttered in smaller maps. Enemy count depending.

Also it feels like this game was really made for PC and the console versions were just an afterthought. Not that it was optimized poorly or anything but it definitely feels like mouse+keyboard is the way to go here.

Sooks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

Betrayal 100

That's... an interesting assessment. I thought I was the king of hating slow games and yet I had no problem with Banner Saga.

It is like really slow. That was like the first thing I noticed. 

Windypanda's Awakening rebalance patch is complete, and it looks promising

Well, time to give this a try, if it makes Awakening fun maybe i will finally go past early game one time? lol

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Well, time to give this a try, if it makes Awakening fun maybe i will finally go past early game one time? lol

Do it, Shrimpy!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, it’s not like Rugga was a believable lie. And besides, DO NOT OPEN THIS ARMAGON

Hide contents

if he thought Rugga was your favorite character, he would want to go against Rugga, which would absolutely help him later on. And we don’t want that to happen, do we? 😛

Plus if he tries to get Ludin killed in this game, he might send him away to Grofheim, inadvertently guaranteeing his safety. Especially because it involves beating up Ruben’s favorite character, which Armagon could never resist. And his death in the second game stems from an initial choice (protecting the town that I definitely remember the name of) that Armagon probably won’t make, assuming Oddleif’s magic works on him. Then, by the time his death rolls around in the third game, Ludin will have already worked his magic and Armagon will love him unless he has bad taste.

All true, I suppose, but still... You didn't have to reveal my favorite, it was a reckless move. Armagon lives to mildly annoy me.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Curse you, Sooks...!

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's what I'll be calling it if the game disappoints haha.

If you end up liking it, call it Better Saga.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

think she goes to where you last were. So just move out of the way once you see her fly off screen.

I mean, yeah, but we didn't know that the first time. Second time we each went to one side of the screen and that was it. But, well, second time.

I dunno, it feels mean-spirited, even if most of them are easy to dodge (this was the only one that ever killed us anyway). But that's just my opinion.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also it feels like this game was really made for PC and the console versions were just an afterthought. Not that it was optimized poorly or anything but it definitely feels like mouse+keyboard is the way to go here.

Actually, it was made for both PC and mobile, though I think they later dropped mobile. Still, either way, the interface was definitely not intended for console controls first and foremost.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is like really slow. That was like the first thing I noticed. 

I see... I think the main reason I don't mind is that, since the flow of battle is one player move, one enemy move, there's very little downtime and as such very little opportunity to get bored. That and I love the art, it's so cool.

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Oh, it is? Nice. I'd checked it out a couple times, but I never did get around to using it.

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Maybe it won't be the single worst game in the series with this patch lol. Do keep us informed. I for one would be interested in knowing how the patch holds up.

11 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

“2. Reinforcement changes. Same turn reinforcements are gone! All reinforcements will spawn in the beginning of player phase instead of beginning of enemy phase. I opted to remove most reinforcements from the game when I started making the hack, so I tweaked the reinforcements a lot so I could reintegrate them into the chapters.” That means the game might actually be enjoyable now, so yeah, go for it. I also want to know how it goes, if you use it.

Edited by Sooks

Noooo, Shadow Dragon removed the funny portraits from the bald knights in the Prison Squad. Now the squad is just boring instead of funny, how could you do this game?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Noooo, Shadow Dragon removed the funny portraits from the bald knights in the Prison Squad.

Ngl they actually look kinda badass in DSFE. Shame about their performance as units.

Anyway, yeah. It truly is a shame they no longer look like hippopotamus.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Now the squad is just boring instead of funny, how could you do this game?

How dare you. Tomas is there.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ngl they actually look kinda badass in DSFE.

Exactly, that is a massive tragedy.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you. Tomas is there.

Gordin But He Didn’t Comb His Hair This Morning?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shame about their performance as units.

Wait I thought you liked units like this.

Just now, Sooks said:

Exactly, that is a massive tragedy.

Too true.

Just now, Sooks said:

Gordin But He Didn’t Comb His Hair This Morning?

Yes. Exactly.

Okay but my fondness for him does stem mostly from New Mystery. The hair is always hilarious, but in New Mystery the man pops out of nowhere to invite himself into the army, Marth doesn't even recognize him, he's a bad unit and his support with Kris is completely bonkers. He's just wonderful.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait I thought you liked units like this.

I mean, yeah. I've used both of them before. I killed Medeus with Macellan once.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Some of them weren't initially owned by me, such as the Silver and Gold versions with the black smears on the top of the cartridge. My Pokemon Red Version and the Yellow Version that's third from the left are my inital carts, so the wear kinda shows, haha.

Pokemon Blue has some damage as well, but i don't know what happened there, as it wasn't mine initially either.

Edit: my initial Crystal Version cart is there as well, and the wear kinda shows, although that one is actually still in great condition.

That's great! My copies of Blue and Silver are in my drawers somewhere.

Hey now, Dolph kicks absolute butt as a fighter! His growths are very high, and his bases aren't too bad either. He does have to deal with weapon ranks, though.

'Morning!

Time for the final battle!

...Of the first half, of the first game!

Feels kinda weird for a last clash, the heroes are still so very ragtag. Cybuster and Grungust alone are worthy of being called "greats", R-1 is still a little unfinished, and everything else is a shadow of a better mech at best. It really is only the end of the beginning.

Throwing the details of said fight in spoilers to avoid clogging the forum page for the uninterested.:

Spoiler

gsdx-20211121090811.pnggsdx-20211121090750.png

The final bosses. The Distortion Fields halve all incoming damage, and the En Regen assures they'll be able to keep those fields running. Look like as an act of mercy, they actually nerfed their weapons' power compared to the earlier brief encounters.

Granzon here is optional, but that Skill Point demands I kill it, and it apparently flees below 13200 HP, denying me the Skill Point. No biggie, pair Irm and Masaki for Calamity Slash + Cosmo Nova, with Valor applied to Irm beforehand. Use an Armor Breaker first to soften him a touch more and a Support Attack if Dr. Shirakawa somehow survives this.

These guys aren't immune to Energy Takers either and Distortion Field won't negate them, so it is actually possible to shut down their barriers, even if they'll reactivate them the next turn. In the absence of HP Regen on either, it's a war of attrition, which experience has told me how to win. Getting SP Regenerate on everyone except Rio and Ryoto massively helps me.

As for what the fight looks like.:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-29-04-PM.pn

It's more or less a facsimile of this ultimate battle- 2nd Super Robot Wars' (1991), now with some social distancing between the big bads.😄 One giant hallway, heroes start at one end, the two very powerful villains at the other. A few gun turrets in between (plus tripwire reinforcement Guarlions in OG version), but that's it. Although back in this earlier era from what I read, only the Granzon had the Distortion Field -but it negated all attacks except those delivered at point blank range.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ngl they actually look kinda badass in DSFE

Finally. Some respect for my bald boiz. I love their portraits, unironically. Although I do miss their goofy faces from FE1 from time to time. Still really fun units to mess with in SD though.

Que!? Clearly, you haven't experienced fighter Dolph. It's as Benice says. He has really good growths for Shadow Dragon standards, he has 12 base speed, and most importantly, he unironically looks like a badass. I even used Macellon, and he wasn't too shabby either. He's a lot better as a hunter though from personal experience. Reclassed armor knights can do wonders. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Gordin But He Didn’t Comb His Hair This Morning

He's too busy being a hero to his people to worry about trivial matters like hair.

Yes. Exactly.

Okay but my fondness for him does stem mostly from New Mystery. The hair is always hilarious, but in New Mystery the man pops out of nowhere to invite himself into the army, Marth doesn't even recognize him, he's a bad unit and his support with Kris is completely bonkers. He's just wonderful.

Now I'm curious about the support. Tomas always looked goofy to me, so he stood out a lot, despite being forgettable to most people. I've yet to try him out in New Mystery. But come on, Tomas has amazing hair. I can't diss him. I'll respect him over Gordin any day. Tomas isn't bullying the first brigand boss until he reaches lvl 12.

I mean, yeah. I've used both of them before. I killed Medeus with Macellan once.

So far, my best Medeus kill belongs to Roger. Macellon probably could've done it, but Roger needs to win Caeda over. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Time for the final battle!

...Of the first half, of the first game!

Ah, Armageddon. Used to be the battle theme for big and final bosses during Classicverse. Including when it was cross-piloting moments like Scirocco (Zeta Gundam) or Shapiro (Dancougar) piloting Valsion Kai's. Well, even back in SRW 2 Bian still had his personal theme, though truncated from what later games would show, due to NES limitation and all that.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The final bosses. The Distortion Fields halve all incoming damage, and the En Regen assures they'll be able to keep those fields running. Look like as an act of mercy, they actually nerfed their weapons' power compared to the earlier brief encounters.

Granzon here is optional, but that Skill Point demands I kill it, and it apparently flees below 13200 HP, denying me the Skill Point. No biggie, pair Irm and Masaki for Calamity Slash + Cosmo Nova, with Valor applied to Irm beforehand. Use an Armor Breaker first to soften him a touch more and a Support Attack if Dr. Shirakawa somehow survives this.

These guys aren't immune to Energy Takers either and Distortion Field won't negate them, so it is actually possible to shut down their barriers, even if they'll reactivate them the next turn. In the absence of HP Regen on either, it's a war of attrition, which experience has told me how to win. Getting SP Regenerate on everyone except Rio and Ryoto massively helps me.

Be thankful they ditched Granzon's old gimmick. Shu basically pulled a Medeus and was immune to everything not 1-Range. Granted, in old SRW 2, and remakes 2G and Complete Box Collection there was no need to beat him, since Skill Points weren't a thing yet. Still, was a nuisance to let him keep attack you.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-29-04-PM.pn

It's more or less a facsimile of this ultimate battle- 2nd Super Robot Wars' (1991), now with some social distancing between the big bads.😄 One giant hallway, heroes start at one end, the two very powerful villains at the other. A few gun turrets in between (plus tripwire reinforcement Guarlions in OG version), but that's it. Although back in this earlier era from what I read, only the Granzon had the Distortion Field -but it negated all attacks except those delivered at point blank range.

Almost. In SRW 2 and 2G, Bian and Shu were the only enemies on the map, alongside Gundam ZZ villains Raccan and Kayla each at both bottom corners. So just four enemies total. Originally it was no problem since the Morale/Will mechanic wasn't there yet, which is why for the Complete Box remake and in OG1 they added more enemies on the map. Kikaiju in Complete Box, and Last Battalion members in OG1. Since the second-to-last chapter of SRW 2 was the final battle against Last Battalion (who in Classicverse were headed by F91 main villain Iron Mask Carozzo), defending the outskirts of Jaburo, since that's where Bian was in Classicverse, after taking it from the Federation.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

That's four times the amount of carts I have.

How'd you end up getting all these?

Edited by Dayni

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey now, Dolph kicks absolute butt as a fighter! His growths are very high, and his bases aren't too bad either. He does have to deal with weapon ranks, though.

2 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Que!? Clearly, you haven't experienced fighter Dolph. It's as Benice says. He has really good growths for Shadow Dragon standards, he has 12 base speed, and most importantly, he unironically looks like a badass. I even used Macellon, and he wasn't too shabby either. He's a lot better as a hunter though from personal experience. Reclassed armor knights can do wonders. 

Hey, I was trying to speak as an experienced pro of many years would. I've used them both before. As knights, I'll admit, but Dolph was unironically great (better at knight things than Draug or Roger lol) and Macellan murdered Medeus the time I used him.

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Finally. Some respect for my bald boiz. I love their portraits, unironically.

They are pretty cool. Though I'm generally more of a fan of DSFE's portraits than most people.

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

He's too busy being a hero to his people to worry about trivial matters like hair.

Tomas best boy.

Now I'm curious about the support.

He almost murders Jagen.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out the context.

Tomas always looked goofy to me, so he stood out a lot, despite being forgettable to most people.

His forgettableness is exactly why I love him. And his hair, but also his forgettableness. He's so forgettable, even Marth forgets about him in New Mystery. Ironically enough, for me his mastery at being forgettable made him unforgettable.

I've yet to try him out in New Mystery.

He's hilarious there. He's a growth prepromote with worse bases than Jeorge even though he joins in chapter 17. Though I would argue he's slightly less awful than the rest of FE12's free silvers. He arrives at the very beginning of a flier-infested map with a silver bow. No matter the difficulty, he puts a mean dent on them, so he can be of some limited use, and if you absolutely want to use him (because of course you'd want to, he's awesome), he can be fed some kills this way. With his growths, it doesn't take him that long to get going.

Honestly, he's better than Sheema. Though I love Sheema too, she's way rad.

But come on, Tomas has amazing hair. I can't diss him. I'll respect him over Gordin any day. Tomas isn't bullying the first brigand boss until he reaches lvl 12.

Preach.

So far, my best Medeus kill belongs to Roger. Macellon probably could've done it, but Roger needs to win Caeda over. 

Ahahaha... Roger's life is such a tragedy.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

better at knight things than Draug or Roger lol

That's because the Roger's intended class in The Paladin, obviously.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That's because the Roger's intended class in The Paladin, obviously.

No, that's The Roger's intended class. There's an important difference.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

speaking of Sir the Roger, hope he's doing alright

He pops up on occassion, even if he doesn't post. I hope he's all right too.