Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

we-could-only-think-of-filthy-captions-f

Interesting packaging for Pokemon donuts.

---

gsdx-20211121191549.png

Most anime face I've seen so far in the game.

And yeah, no stopping for me. I played past the victory at Aidoneus and went on to the group meet up. And I think I'm gonna skip the break, this stuff is too addicting.😁

Great to see Tasuku again, I've a fondness for the guy and I'm not quite sure why. Kyosuke & Excellen are pleasant sights too, although Kyosuke looks like his hair could've been drawn better with how it interferes with his face. Also, normally I'm not one to be annoyed by name changes, but Nambu *checks Wikipedia* ...alright, Nambu actually seems to be the preferred transliteration, but Nanbu is acceptable too.

Course, now that the groups are united, I have limits on how many units I can deploy. And here, I'm running into a wee problem.

Spoiler

I'd like to use Tasuku b/c I like him. And yet since I'm on Ryusei's Route, I want to use Giada, and given his lack of Focus or Flash, Persist, or Wall, I want to give him the Giganscudo, so he can actually fight and not die (the dude is total garbo as a unit). Giada retires from battle after OG1, so this is my only opportunity to make him shine. But also b/c Ryusei's version of things, I want to use Kusuha and therefore Tasuku can't steal the Grungust Type 2.

...I'll just have to save Tasuku for Kyosuke's Route, where he'll use Gigan until the groups unite, then he'll steal G2, and pass Gigan to Katina. Russel would then take the Valsion Custom. Radha will find something, and Leona would get R-Gun. As is, Leona probably won't be used since she's really a Kyosuke's Route character even if she was an enemy the whole time. For Ryusei's Route, R-Gun is going to either Rio or Ryoto, and the other will take the Huckebein 008L (probably Rio, if for the flavor of her saying she admires R/Ling). Valsion Custom will get passed to Garnet, since this like Giada is her only chance to do anything.

I'm not sure on unit limits in the long term, but regardless of route, Team SRX and Team ATX are getting fielded for six units. As are Masaki & Lune, Sanger & Elzam, and VIletta for another five. Gilliam is probably going to be Kyosuke-only, given he is limited to the Mk-II R on Ryusei's, and ofc Kai will coming along on that route as well. Irm will likely be used on both routes even though the Grungust isn't exclusive to him, and maybe I'll try slipping in Lat on Kyosuke's b/c bias.

A few other screenshots:

gsdx-20211121044518.png

The fanslators must've had reallllllllly fun time with Tenzan's dialogue. Gamers translating Evil Gamer's language must be all too easy and easy to go overboard with. Dude slipped in a Super Mario Bros 1 reference at one point. It's so gamey that I can't bring myself to more than speed-read it all.

gsdx-20211121192859.png

Ah, the Playable Generic. Muted as can be, totally unimportant and boring. Although a remarkably cheap 15 SP Wall and high Def make him incredibly tanky, even if he's relegated to an appropriately mass-produced hunk of junk. Alright support-oriented Spirit list too.

gsdx-20211121023958.png

The first instance of The Drink getting deployed in OG1, although Ryusei says he has tasted them in the past. I didn't realize from GBA Tiny Square Head Portraits that it looked so... grassy.

gsdx-20211121001939.png

*Looks up said psychoanalyst*

"During his five years in Oslo, he had coined the term "orgone energy"—from "orgasm" and "organism"—for the notion of life energy. In 1940 he started building orgone accumulators, modified Faraday cages that he claimed were beneficial for cancer patients."

*Remembers seeing the term "orgone" used in the SRWJ originals' descriptions.* ...Do I want to know what they're doing in their cockpits?

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, from where is that picture anyway...

You mean my "Let's make babies" thing? Infinite Space. A DS-exclusive battleship-focused space opera. This scene takes place later in the first half of the game. It contributes to the estranging of the nascent but promising friendship between Cico and the main character Yuri, who happens to be Kira's brother.

As for why Cico acts that way, he said he prefers being direct. Although it is likely also because, spoilers from the second half of the game...:

Spoiler

As Prince Cicoluis of the Lugovalian Empire, it stated he has many siblings. And the Empire seems to have a very macho culture, as the likely reason Cico never once mentions his princely status to Yuri, is because he had to venture out in the universe for some time to prove himself worthy of being the first line to inherit the throne.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fanslators must've had reallllllllly fun time with Tenzan's dialogue. Gamers translating Evil Gamer's language must be all too easy and easy to go overboard with. Dude slipped in a Super Mario Bros 1 reference at one point. It's so gamey that I can't bring myself to more than speed-read it all.

Now imagine Tenzan playing Fire Emblem...

The first instance of The Drink getting deployed in OG1, although Ryusei says he has tasted them in the past. I didn't realize from GBA Tiny Square Head Portraits that it looked so... grassy.

OGs went for an... interesting design. I remember that in the anime adaptation of OG1 it was just a clear bluish color. Also... ahaha, I remember this. Masaki declines, and just the will of avoiding drinking it makes him deploy with max morale/will. XD

*Looks up said psychoanalyst*

"During his five years in Oslo, he had coined the term "orgone energy"—from "orgasm" and "organism"—for the notion of life energy. In 1940 he started building orgone accumulators, modified Faraday cages that he claimed were beneficial for cancer patients."

*Remembers seeing the term "orgone" used in the SRWJ originals' descriptions.* ...Do I want to know what they're doing in their cockpits?

Remember, it's always at least two in there... since J decided to pull a Fire Emblem and add pairing mechanics involving the two leads. XD

I don't remember how exactly it worked in J, but yeah, Orgone was basically what Fury technology used as energy source.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I do get Trails in the Sky, is there any advice for first-time players? Aside from knowing that you'll get every game years after Japan, that is.

Don't be me and hate every single character other than Estelle, Dad and Olivier. Especially don't hate Joshua. People tell me he's the coolest thing in the world and his romance with Estelle is the best romance in all of fiction. By hour 3 I wanted to see his guts splattered all over the floor.

So yeah. That's my advice. Don't be me. Hope you enjoy it!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is a Ruben subtweet.

Hardy har har, Ruben don't like read.

Now Ruben go "70 hours Ace Attorney 40 hours Disco Elysium 20 hours Omori" in self-defense

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And story heavy that's why Ruben couldn't handle SRW.

I mean... Among other things, but yes, the game opening on like 50 minutes of text didn't help.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Based Ruben.

It doesn't happen often, does it.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

What? Just cause I like the game doesn’t mean I don’t think it as missed potential. Much more than any other FE.

I mean, it's an undeniable fact. I've seen even huge fans of the game lament that it was obviously rushed out of the gate.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20211121044518.png

The fanslators must've had reallllllllly fun time with Tenzan's dialogue

He definitely seems like a lovely character.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, will your hot take melt the snow in that chapter?

Kinda?

Like...

That chapter is not thaaaaaat bad like everyone makes it to be lol. Yeah it's a bit boring, but it's like... a better Fog map where you can reveal the fog on player phase and act on it and not get surprise got em'd.

I would put it above most Fog maps in the series at the very least

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

That chapter is not thaaaaaat bad like everyone makes it to be lol. Yeah it's a bit boring, but it's like... a better Fog map where you can reveal the fog on player phase and act on it and not got surprise got em.

It's tedium to a very large extent because on the one hand you control when parts of the map reveal themselves but that requires very good control on what your units do (which you have to because Rev lets you use so few at once) because you accidentally reveal someone right at the end of the turn, that could be Azura dead. And with how much map there is it's just so long. Again, having the option to melt the snow would provide an option for players.

Funny enough, Rev already had a map like this in it's first map. And it also bothers me but that's because there's 4 units total and the reveal requires you to just have Corrin facetank all day.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I have not played a game with FoW for a long while, have I? (3H aside it's been ages and even then it's a year and that was CS. It has been a while then.)

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just looking at it, it feels like if I drank that, my organs would just shut down instantly.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hardy har har, Ruben don't like read.

Yeah.

12 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

That chapter is not thaaaaaat bad like everyone makes it to be lol. Yeah it's a bit boring, but it's like... a better Fog map where you can reveal the fog on player phase and act on it and not get surprise got em'd.

Based.

Just now, Dayni said:

have not played a game with FoW for a long while, have I? (3H aside it's been ages and even then it's a year and that was CS. It has been a while then.)

All FoW maps are the same really. Just turtle because it's better than being surprise ambushed.

Unless it's Griel Mercs FoW. Then you can do whatever you want because the Griel Mercs are based like that.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

which you have to because Rev lets you use so few at once

Yeah that's the problem here i think. 6 Units deployment in such a map is pretty low. Up it to 10 and it wouldn't have been so bad. Maybe even quite good actually.

Right now i am using the map to train Kaze and Hana while Corncob and Felicia soften enemies up for them

Inb4 whole of Rev suffers from FE7 HHM syndrome

Edited by Shrimp γ

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sage advice. 😉

Hush, you. One of these days I'll enjoy a game you like and you'll regret everything.

15 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I think i am about to have the hottest take ever in the FE community

Rev good?

11 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Kinda?

Like...

Oh dear.

...I agree. It's boring, but that's about it.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

So... it's still trash, then?

I mean, it's pretty undeniable that it's a bad map. Shrimpy's point is that it's nowhere near as horrible to play as other bad maps in the series. Which is absolutely true.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's tedium to a very large extent because on the one hand you control when parts of the map reveal themselves but that requires very good control on what your units do (which you have to because Rev lets you use so few at once) because you accidentally reveal someone right at the end of the turn, that could be Azura dead. And with how much map there is it's just so long. Again, having the option to melt the snow would provide an option for players.

This is also true. The ability to melt all the snow at once would've been nice.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah.

Leave me alone. I dislike one text-heavy game and I am forever known as the guy who hates to read. How many more text-heavy games must I play before you all stop bullying me? Meanies...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dislike one text-heavy game and I am forever known as the guy who hates to read. How many more text-heavy games must I play before you all stop bullying me?

This is your fate.

Only way to remove it is by reading that Super Smash Bros Brawl fanfic that is actually the longest piece of English literature ever made.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rev good?

Despite the tedium of the first few chapters, i am actually having fun with it so far. Much more than zzz Birthright and half the series anyway.

Not to mention i think i will enjoy Rev eugenics very much since i love eugenics in Fates.

That said i am using a balance patch so to not train/grind weaklings up that come later and use whoever i want. That means i might be able to capture some fun generics from Conquest child paralogues.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unless it's Griel Mercs FoW. Then you can do whatever you want because the Griel Mercs are based like that.

I still remember having Nephenee take the generals to the east solo in comparison to every other group who had most everyone else. Greil Mercs are busted, but some are more than others and I feel like you ask a dozen people you'll get thirteen answers.

Well, it helped that promotion fully heals in that game, but still

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Yeah that's the problem here i think. 6 Units deployment in such a map is pretty low. Up it to 10 and it wouldn't have been so bad. Maybe even quite good actually.

Inb4 whole of Rev suffers from FE7 HHM syndrome

I mean, yeah kinda.

Spoiler

The final map has three less deployment slots than the other routes for no reason. It happens in other chapters but it's not consistently so, the most recent map I cleared has 14 units.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

That said i am using a balance patch so to not train/grind weaklings up that come later and use whoever i want. That means i might be able to capture some fun generics from Conquest child paralogues.

Yeah, try using Nyx in base Rev. It's not very based.

What does the patch do?

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Not to mention i think i will enjoy Rev eugenics very much since i love eugenics in Fates.

Honestly, it's the reason I've been so slowed down because I had to pair all the units, it took me ages and wanting to reclass becomes another issue because you have to clear 20 to get an amount of heart seals greater than a dozen.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hush, you. One of these days I'll enjoy a game you like and you'll regret everything.

We'll see about that. XD

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's pretty undeniable that it's a bad map. Shrimpy's point is that it's nowhere near as horrible to play as other bad maps in the series. Which is absolutely true.

Well sure, but that doesn't change that it's still trash, just not as trash as most FoW maps.

OGs went for an... interesting design. I remember that in the anime adaptation of OG1 it was just a clear bluish color.

Well, what would a concoction whose ingredients include charred newt and pit viper (rattlesnake) powder look like?

Also... ahaha, I remember this. Masaki declines, and just the will of avoiding drinking it makes him deploy with max morale/will. XD

Is that the OVA or Divine Wars version of events? B/c ingame, Masaki does drink it, and it prevents him from taking to the next battlefield until after the initial enemies are defeated and Bian arrives to flaunt his machine.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just looking at it, it feels like if I drank that, my organs would just shut down instantly.

It's not entirely Mythra-tier though. 

The way Kusuha's energy drink works, is that it tends to knock the user temporarily unconscious, or at least make them want to lay down for a while. The reason being the taste is horrible, although a few individuals actually like it.

Regardless, even if you do get knocked out by it, when your come to your senses again, you will feel very refreshed and healthier than you've likely been in a long while. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

FyWaibEd_o.png

All right, now we're getting somewhere. It's starting to look like something presentable. Still not finished, but it's come along enough that I might as well share a pic.

I mean, when you get down to it, I just built a triangle. But... Eh. The one time I tried to build a cathedral I burned out hard. Best keep it humble.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is your fate.

Dangit.

Only way to remove it is by reading that Super Smash Bros Brawl fanfic that is actually the longest piece of English literature ever made.

The what?

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20211121-180124.png

Eremiah is super edgy. Which is a pretty refreshing concept when combined with that face. I kinda wish they'd do "maniac cleric" again.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

We'll see about that. XD

It's gonna happen. Aaaaany second now.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well sure, but that doesn't change that it's still trash, just not as trash as most FoW maps.

Yeah, true.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The way Kusuha's energy drink works, is that it tends to knock the user temporarily unconscious, or at least make them want to lay down for a while. The reason being the taste is horrible, although a few individuals actually like it.

Regardless, even if you do get knocked out by it, when your come to your senses again, you will feel very refreshed and healthier than you've likely been in a long while. 

So it's a liquidified sleeping pill then.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The what?

"The single longest piece of literature in human history is a fan-fiction. The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest is a fanfic loosely based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and it's over 3,500,000 words long"