• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I really thought I'd found the trick for the villagers in Sophie's paralogue.

Completely forgot this game's AI is smart. The fighter I was using to block the chokepoint moved and Jakob got obliterated by an outlaw + paladin pair-up.

You know one thing I love about Conquest? It makes me feel like I'm good. I know, it's ironic given I lose all the time, but the maps are actually well designed (for the most part), so it really feels like I'm learning the maps, and by the time I successfully beat them, I've got a real strat that works decently reliably.

...I say this, except in Sophie's paralogue I had the strat all down. All I needed was some tweaks and it was perfect... Then in the next attempt, a paladin went in the wrong direction and that singlehandedly made the map way, way easier.

AAAAAAAAHHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA

This is what I get for being smug. I forgot to move Jakob and Esmeralda down south. And then jakob died.

WHY DO I KEEP FUCKING MAKING THIS MISTAKE

HOW MANY MORE YEARS MUST I PLAY FE TO STOP MAKING

THIS

ONE

MISTAKE

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

@Father Shrimpas I am in the process of purchasing Trails of Cold Steel at this very moment, and i'll be sure to keep your rants in mind as I play!

Hopefully you enjoy it more than i did.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then jakob died

Is your Jakob still a butler or did you reclass him?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Positive. My name is not Jimmy!

Looking at the link I am seeing Youtube fairly consistently suggesting multiple of your videos alongside this Jimmy...the algorithm seems to think you two make similar content.

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually remember Fates' characters.

Solid critique of SD.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...I really should trained Severa Up.

Her Personal would be hella good Combined with Odin, ya know?

Odin crits then Severa crits

For all of those times that enemies survive a crit from Odin with enough health that Severa can't kill them with a basic attack...

5qAl4UK.png

Blesssssssssssssed

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

For all of those times that enemies survive a crit from Odin with enough health that Severa can't kill them with a basic attack...

Those a bit on the magically tanky side Odin can'T one sho with a crit, a physical attacker like Severa would've helped alot then, i think.

Although generally i shouldn't have Odin attack magically tanky units anyway, but with Severa it would've been an option

Ah yes, villagers. I really admire your spirit. Go ahead and take one of the spaces I need to fight Nichol. Truly remarkable.

Sigh... Well, it's done. The strat worked, as I expected it to. Honestly, I'm almost happy that happened, because I got to watch the sequence of events play out like clockwork without the paladin ruining everything. Shizue's first level is bad, but I still believe in her. Nichol and the female strategist have been captured. I feel a bit bad about it, they're both kinda busted. But I just love the generic strategist design.

kzLlyhhw_o.png

Also, this happened. I'm... I just... good effort, Nyx. Good effort. Keep it up...?

34 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

What needing a Heartseal does to a person

It wasn't too bad. Esme could hold the point until ranged reinforcements appeared, then the enemy seized the chance to kill Jakob. Due to Anna being paired up with Esmeralda, however, they could run away with their superior movement and lose the infantry. Only the cavaliers could keep up with them, and Esme could handle them fine. Eventually they ran out of room to escape from the paladin, but it took three turns for that to happen, and by then Nichol was surrounded.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aw, it looks like Etzel is complete and utter garbage. That’s a shame, I really like his design. Maybe he’ll see use in New Mystery?

Ohohohohohohoho

Oh will he ever.

Etzel is the best male mage in New Mystery. He's got good bulk for a mage, bases that blow every other mage out of the water, instant excalibur use, D staves which are easily converted into C staves by the time you get the first physic... The only bad thing about him is that he can't use aura or nosferatu. Oh and his starting level is a wee bit high, but his growths are actually fairly decent, so he can keep up with a bit of good luck. It's amazing how much he improved. He's no Seth, mind, but the man is a really good unit.

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Looking at the link I am seeing Youtube fairly consistently suggesting multiple of your videos alongside this Jimmy...the algorithm seems to think you two make similar content.

I mean, we kinda do. Except his content has far more effort put into it and he uploads more consistently. But I guess "bad units good" is the overall theme of both our uploads, yes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh hey, best game ever Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is 30% off on the eShop.

56Bzf8K_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Solid critique of SD.

Honestly like, Archanea is the Gen 1 of Fire Emblem (but like actually tho) where most of it's characters are like the least interesting to me. Just like Pokemon, I prefer the stuff that came later.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

When I get to it, be sure to wait here for my rants so you can say "I told you so!" Xd

>Going into the game expecting to hate it

Truly a bruh moment.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I am actually enjoying the Valla maps so far. At elevator atm

Who knew you and I would disagree so much on Cold Steel but then agree so much on Revelation, the most hated FE.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Who knew you and I would disagree so much on Cold Steel but then agree so much on Revelation, the most hated FE.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Maybe because i went in with super low expectations or something

Or maybe because i don't mid gimmicks aslong as i can use them to my advantage and they don't slow me down, which has been the case with every Valla map so far.

Well, so far

Still 5 chapter to go after elevator

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Still 5 chapter to go after elevator

I'm at that map in Rev.

It's a bit of mandated slowdown without fliers, but manageable if you don't fuck up like I did when I tried a few days ago.

Rev spoilers

Spoiler

The map after the next one is the one I'd call elevator map and that one..... HOO boy.