Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was actually joking there, play whatever you want to!

Nah, I really should. I said I would, after all!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nah, I really should. I said I would, after all!

Yeah, and you’ve already played Sky. No need to force yourself if you don’t want to!

Even then, video games are for fun, so that’s more important that whatever you said you would do, since not playing what you said you would wouldn’t negatively impact anyone much if at all, but forcing yourself through a long game wouldn’t be fun for you.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah, and you’ve already played Sky. No need to force yourself if you don’t want to!

Only 10 hours worth of it, though. And it's apparently one of the weakest parts of the entire series.

Just now, Sooks said:

Even then, video games are for fun, so that’s more important that whatever you said you would do, since not playing what you said you would wouldn’t negatively impact anyone much if at all, but forcing yourself through a long game wouldn’t be fun for you.

Hey, I made it through 215 hours of DS2. I can do 150 of Sky.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Only 10 hours worth of it, though. And it's apparently one of the weakest parts of the entire series.

I mean, are you enjoying the game?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, I made it through 215 hours of DS2. I can do 150 of Sky.

But just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

You know, there’s always a certain charm to starting a new FE and playing around with the three options the game gives you for the avatar.

…you can give Kris a monocle!? Game good.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

r/fireemblem - A proper  parody cover ...

Please tell me Hubert has Van Ziek's theme.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will not have such slander of the game with the T-posing Garon scene in it on my watch. You take that back now.

"Am I really going to replay Revelations for T-posing Garon? Of course I am!"

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't know what happiness felt like until I tried lunatic for the first time and found Yubello becoming my unironically best unit and Yumina becoming tankier than Elrean.

I wish I had the bravery to use meme units on my first Lunatic and R lunatic runs. Ah well, there's always the future. Honestly should've ironman'd on Lunatic. I'm doing way too well not losing my main units now that I'm actually using top tiers. Can't wait til Tomas spices things up. Damn it, you got me too curious with the support hint.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of making avatars, I’m also good at taking way too long on them. I want flying Kris, but I also want make Kris. Decisions, decisions…

Once you promote a male Kris, you can reclass them to dracoknight, if you want them as a flyer.

Apparently whatever class you choose to have Kris start as affects the outfit they have in their portrait for the rest of the game. This changes everything, mercenary it is and then reclass later. It is the coolest outfit, after all. Well, looking at all the portraits, fighter has the coolest one but I might as well commit to default Kris.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Once you promote a male Kris, you can reclass them to dracoknight, if you want them as a flyer.

Oh, men can be dracoknights? Good, that’s what I want! I’ll do that then, starting with mercenary for the best outfit and going dracoknight later.

Weapon ranks are still carried over through reclassing, right? Like you’ll always have the same primary weapon rank if you go from swords to lances?

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, men can be dracoknights? Good, that’s what I want! I’ll do that then, starting with mercenary for the best outfit and going dracoknight later.

Yep. I actually like to reclass Arran to draco, but Kris will always be good in whatever class he/she is in.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Weapon ranks are still carried over through reclassing, right? Like you’ll always have the same primary weapon rank if you go from swords to lances?

Yes, IIRC.

Picking between the growth rate and stat boosting stuff is hard. I like orphan/beautiful/humane, but I also like noble’s child/diverse/humane. Why am I so bad at deciding on things for my avatar? Well, food arrived at just the right time so I can eat while thinking about it and see what happens.

You know, I find it a bit disappointing that those choices didn't affect anything beyond stats and growths. It's understandable that trying to change Kris' character would be too complex, but still, feels a bit like wasted potential...

Not to mention, New Mystery wouldn't have really been the game to do it. Kris being flexible like that is strange, given they're in a fairly faithful remake of an on-rails SRPG. Could you have asked for a more hands-tying scenario? RoCoBy all would've been better suited for the backstory flexibility -but then IS had to make their origins and everything else cornerstones of the universe.

And I also disagree with the premise of interconnecting backstory with fundamentally important stat bases & growths. Let the past-present-future be determinants purely of flavor, not of anything crucial that might make it harder or easier for me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, New Mystery! Kris and the other 12 year olds are training to become knights, by training against actual Altean knights, I guess to get used to war crimes from an early age. He partners with some random girl because they literally ran into each other, and they’re supposed to fight Jagen and generic soldier together. But, random girl says she’s training to become a tactician and that she can’t fight, then leaves. Huh?? Why are you becoming a knight then?? Then, after Kris passes the test literally entirely by himself, they see no problem with a little girl having done absolutely nothing and pass her on as well, completely defeating the point of the test. Then they get put together in the 7th Platoon and we get the shocking reveal that the only other two named knights-in-training are in this group, plus literally Gordin who is going by Ryan for some reason.

Also tfw the story summary of fe11 does a better job at explaining the plot of fe11 then fe11.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I find it a bit disappointing that those choices didn't affect anything beyond stats and growths. It's understandable that trying to change Kris' character would be too complex, but still, feels a bit like wasted potential...

Aw, none of that stuff matters? Oh well, can’t say that’s really surprising. Maybe that’s why they just switched it to boon and bane in the next games. Maybe they’ll expand on the traits in New New Mystery.

Edited by Sooks

They're not 12 years old. lol

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Aw, nine of that stuff matters? Oh well. Maybe that’s why they just switched it to boon and bane in the next games. Maybe they’ll expand on the traits in New New Mystery.

Pretty much. Kris' personality is the same and same for their backstory of growing up in a village raised by their grandfather, and being childhood friends with Norne or at least knowing each other due to their villages being near each other.