Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Julizan said:

Did a bit shopping since sales everywhere are going on right now.

Purchased

• A Hat In Time (Switch)
  • Okami (Switch)
  • Gurumir (PC) (a game by Falcom I have never heared of until a few weeks ago)
  • Ori And The Wild Wisps (Switch)
  • Ori And The Blind Forest (PC)

for overall about 50 €.

I have played a bit of "Wild Wisps" yet. It's like Hollow Knight, but probably not as melancholic. The soundtrack is simply beautiful, but the controls are a bit strange. Jumping feels like being in space. However first impression is positive.

Oh, I forgot to respond to this since there were so many things to reply to today.

Of these, I've only played A Hat in Time. It was pretty fun, though I ended up getting bored with it. Maybe one of these days I should give it another shot.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know what, I can just Google the supports instead.

Wait, what's the problem here? I don't get it. Chapter-based supports aren't as nice as 3DSFE supports, but they're not the worst either. Especially since Kris should always be deployed. It's not difficult at all to get supports in this game.

18 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

6hJjpjO.png

''Give Niles Support'' They said

''Heartseeker'' They said

''Debuff the boss'' They also said

Niles always useless they always forget to mention

I really do not understand. He's never this bad for me.

I do have one more point to make, however - a bronze bow would've done wonders here. Why didn't you give him a bronze bow if you know he has hit issues?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He did not deserve that.

Nobody deserves to marry Peri. A fate worse than death.

I know, but there were precious few other options.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

He actually hit

And got a skl lvl up kek

Now of all times haha

Way to go.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Laslow/Peri support is actually pretty wholesome iirc

It's undermined by Laslow claiming he's always liked her a lot, even after she told him about the slaughter of her innocent servants. This is supposed to be excused by her tragic backstory about how one of her servants murdered her mother and since she was small, she couldn't tell the servants apart and blamed all of them. Her dad knew about her actions but did absolutely nothing for some undiscernible reason. I wouldn't be playing this game if I cared.

So yeah, no. It's awful, Peri's an awful character. But who cares.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Laslow/Mozu is right there tho.

Of course, Ruben won't train her up.

Mozu already married Silas before they both hit the bench. Sophie has been pretty okay. Not amazing, but okay.

He'll swear by his life that Niles good but then won't bother with Mozu. You say the opposite. Truly the duality of man.

I bothered once. She turned out about on par with the archer Corrin I was also using, while Niles was kicking butt as a mage. So, I gave up on her to have room for people I actually like.

See, the problem is that lack of bias makes it incredibly difficult to put up with units. I really do not like her. So I gave her the most token chance just so her fans would stop bothering me, and when she failed to be any less than an undefeatable goddess among men, I dropped her like a sack of bricks.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oof.

OOF

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why didn't you give him a bronze bow if you know he has hit issues?

Yeah that's true

except i don't have any Bronze Bows, and Brass Yumi have same hit as Iron Bow iirc, but that's on me yeah

t's awful, Peri's an awful character.

Yeah no disagreement here. 

Then again the non awful characters in Fates are like, 10 max. 

Although Peri is the awful among awful.

Mozu already married Silas before they both hit the bench.

Try Mozu!Nina sometime. Niles can also get Sniper skills that way which can be pretty useful

Edited by Father Shrimpas

19 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Laslow/Peri support is actually pretty wholesome iirc

It’s literally the only Peri support where Peri acknowledges that she’s not just any old girl and there might possibly be some issues somewhere in there.

…but no, that couldn’t possibly be true.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what's the problem here? I don't get it. Chapter-based supports aren't as nice as 3DSFE supports, but they're not the worst either. Especially since Kris should always be deployed. It's not difficult at all to get supports in this game.

For characters I want to use, yeah, but due to the nature of the support system I’d have to use deployment slots on characters I want to bench if I want a support of theirs. That’s what the internet is for, though.

Do you get support points in the prologue chapters?

Edited by Sooks

I just flew two prepromotes to Ignatius, breaking the paralogue's time limit.

Nichol is so fucking awesome. I know I don't like broken units, but after all these runs, it's so nice to actually allow the broken prepromote to do things... Especially since it's not Camilla.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, in Niles' defence, he can't hit the bench since his SKL stat is so low! XD

Hardy har har.

Niles could have 0s in all of his stats and I'd still take him along because Capture.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah that's true

except i don't have any Bronze Bows, and Brass Yumi have same hit as Iron Bow iirc, but that's on me yeah

Tsk tsk. And yet you blame Niles. Tsk tsk tsk...

Yeah no disagreement here. 

Then again the non awful characters in Fates are like, 10 max. 

But there's more than 10 capturable bosses

Although Peri is the awful among awful.

Peri's awful and not even in a funny way like Garon.

I wish I could support Garon. I can picture it, it'd just be the "rebellions are like seeds" spiel three times over. And it'd be my favorite support in the game.

Try Mozu!Nina sometime. Niles can also get Sniper skills that way which can be pretty useful

I did, actually. In the same run where I dropped Mozu like a sack of bricks lol. Mozu was worse than both her daughter and Elfuigi 2, and I liked Nina so much more than her, so it a no brainer, really.

In this run, I wanted a good Sophie though. I've been trying to use her forever and she just never keeps up.

Just now, Sooks said:

It’s literally the only Peri support where Peri acknowledges that she’s not just any old girl and there might possibly be some issues somewhere in there.

…but no, that couldn’t possibly be true.

She barely does. Very barely. Like, there's a smidgeon of acknowledgement there, but Laslow shoots it down immediately.

Just now, Sooks said:

For characters I want to use, yeah, but due to the nature of the support system I’d have to use deployment slots on characters I want to bench if I want a support of theirs. That’s what the internet is for, though.

There aren't that many non-Kris supports in this game, actually. But yeah, if there's a character whose supports you'd like to see, but whom you'd rather not use, the internet is your friend.

Hmmm

Who should i get as last kid.

Ophelia is right there, but let's make this an Ophelia less run for once xD

Hmmmm

Selkie? Always wanted to try her.

And mother...Charlotte seems cool. Gamble with a high skl/spd character seems like a win, and if i can somehow train reclass her to get Rend heavn that would be amazing as well

I wish i could've trained charlotte until Axe breaker so Selkie can learn it...

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Just now, Sooks said:

Also, I completely forgot class sets were a thing. Remember how I wanted dracoknight Kris? Haha… oops.

Guess we forgot to add the male classsets don't combine until you clear Hard once.

RIP.

Just now, Dayni said:

Guess we forgot to add the male classsets don't combine until you clear Hard once.

RIP.

I didn’t even know that happened, but if they were gonna combine them at all why not just do it from the get-go?

Anyway, it’s not so bad. If I had to pick a second coolest class (the coolest class being dracoknight), I’d easily pick hero. More characters should have shields in FE.

Never mind, I haven't broken anything. Nichol dies to these stupid diviners because my luck is amazing.

I haven't beaten a single map all day. I fucking hate it. I'm gonna have to give up on giving Kaze experience for poison strike, Jesus.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Um DeSmuME, what are you doing?

What's it doing?

Also, I completely forgot class sets were a thing. Remember how I wanted dracoknight Kris? Haha… oops.

Fun fact: After beating the game once on hard mode, you unlock the ability to combine the male class sets.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t even know that happened, but if they were gonna combine them at all why not just do it from the get-go?

I have no idea.

Anyway, it’s not so bad. If I had to pick a second coolest class (the coolest class being dracoknight), I’d easily pick hero. More characters should have shields in FE.

Heh, well, at least there's that.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

u4GhhdI.png

...He won't level enough to learn Axefair F

Not like he needs it

Dude have you seen that man? He's fine, that +5 damage would only kill the enemy just a bit harder.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oof.

Nia: "Rex, want to take the plunge with me?"

Rex: "Uh, you'll take forever to get ready. Off I go!" *Jumps into the Cloud Sea*

Pyra: "Another 12 hours in the depths of the ocean before he resurfaces. And by the time he's up, he doesn't want to talk about anything b/c he's tired." *Sigh*

Mythra: "Men, when they don't want to address the Titan in the room, they run out of it, they always do."

Pyra: "How is it that those canisters last so long? They don't look they'd hold that much air."

Nia: "Maybe we should "fix" that."

Pyra: "Uh, what exactly are you thinking about Nia?"

Nia: "Remember, I can save from the brink of death, and you did once as well. He can't run if his life is our hands."

Mythra: "I like your thinking Wannabe Sister Wife. I'll make the adjustments that give him a little case of the bends next time. I'll leave the rest to you two."

It feels wrong writing this, considering I don't exactly enjoy Rex in suffering.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, it ain't doing any soft shoves here. Let's see

• Kamiyama (protag-kun) and Sakura are childhood friends (Hatsuho is also a childhood friend of Sakura but this must've been after Kamiyama left the village).
  • Kamiyama and Sakura made a two-step promise when they were kids: 1, they'd both join the Tokyo Revue, with Kamiyama as it's captain. 2, they'd get married.
  • Even without branching dialogue paths, Kamiyama is very much written like he has at least some feeling towards Sakura (and the same goes for Sakura towards him). You will not really see any examples of the former for the other girls unless you're going for them.

Yeeesh. Makes everything else sound less like a dating sim, and more like an infidelity sim. 

Maybe stop throwing the name of your franchise on a girl in the games, Sega. Is it really necessary? And if it is, change to a title -The Sakura- acquired by whoever the hero doth freely choose.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

We need Haken and Kaguya too.

The one problem with Kaguya showing up in a mainline SRW is that she has no associated mecha ATM. Haken got into OG Moon Dwellers because the er, "Phantom", is associated enough with him that they could readily give him a giant version of that. And then they slipped a certain somebody else into the robot as a sub-pilot. The other three of the "Endless Frontier OC Six" playables has something they could feasibly get upscaled to the 15-70 meter size range -just not Kaguya. 

Now, would it be theoretically possible for them to come up a new giant robot for Kaguya? Yes. I hope so. I want one so she can join Haken on the other side of the OGverse sometime soon. Her sword being labeled a "zankantou" readily gives me an idea of what she could get. -But I wouldn't see them doing this in mainline DLC before an actual OG game. 

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Damn 😔.

Just to explain for a moment, Sanger got in PXZ b/c he is a quite popular SRW original, from the PS1-early PS2 era when the franchise was at the height of its sales. A little surprising he would be revered, being that is he an old man. No Sanger is not 29, the bio is wrong! HOW IS HE 29?! He doesn't act like it nor look like it. It has to be 30+ = Bottom Tier Popularity, so they set him to he closest age possible without crossing the line. The German samurai should be in his late thirties at least.

That, and Sanger is a pilot who could've been reasonably be expected to fight well on foot. His ultimate personal super robot has what's called the Direct Motion Link System installed, which means any motion he takes within it can be copied by the robot. Given his truest sword is defined by its swordplay, this means he himself has to be good with a blade. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's it doing?

Game froze and audio glitched out, then the screen went entirely black and the second window popped up, also entirely black with the bar at the top being entirely white. Then the entire screen went black and I had to turn off the computer.

That first part isn’t anything new, DeSmuME has been having issues for me since Shadow Dragon, but it usually just glitches for a couple seconds in the first map I do in a session and then it’s good to go.

Edited by Sooks

Lang is literally Garon but without the evil laugh.

Marisha’s recruitment is the one of the most unethical in the series, what did I just read? I don’t think this kid understands what war is…

Edited by Sooks

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, the problem is that lack of bias makes it incredibly difficult to put up with units.

Raise her out of spite.

Wait, this doesn't make sense.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Um  DeSmuME what are you doing?

Oh God, you're using the bad one.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It feels wrong writing this, considering I don't exactly enjoy Rex in suffering.

It does read like a Heart-to-Heart tho.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe stop throwing the name of your franchise on a girl in the games, Sega. Is it really necessary? And if it is, change to a title -The Sakura- acquired by whoever the hero doth freely choose.

Literally the only reason there's a girl named Sakura in this one is because it's a soft-reboot. Because there are Sakura Wars games without Sakura (Sakura Wars 3 and 5 specifically).

And from what I hear, the original Sakura (Sakura Shinguchi, to differentiate from 6's Sakura Amamiya) is not Ogami's "canon" love interest, it's actually very easy to friend zone her.

So it's less to do with the name and more with the writing.

In Kamiyama's defense, he does forget his marriage promise to Sakura so that's how the writers can justify romancing someone else.....kind of a dick move tho.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The one problem with Kaguya showing up in a mainline SRW is that she has no associated mecha ATM

They should make one then.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Dense MC-kun:tm:

The plot-twist is that he actually did understand what Nia meant, according to post-battle dialogue.

Still funny tho.

Okay, I give up. I must've sustained some sort of brain injury during my sleep, because I am simply incapable of playing FE today. Guess I'll stick to Terraria for the rest of the day. And, you know, Bloodstained when my pal arrives.

What the hell, I don't understand. I don't usually have this much trouble with Ignatius's paralogue, but with this team it seems to be utterly impossible. I had to promote Arthur to general right there to stand a chance and even then the absolute bastard got doubled to death by the diviner spam.

What the fuck is wrong with me, seriously.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Game froze and audio glitched out, then the screen went entirely black and the second window popped up, also entirely black with the bar at the top being entirely white. Then the entire screen went black and I had to turn off the computer.

That first part isn’t anything new, DeSmuME has been having issues for me since Shadow Dragon, but it usually just glitches for a couple seconds in the first map I do in a session and then it’s good to go.

That's... weird.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lang is literally Garon but without the evil laugh.

Hah!

Yeah. Except he's not the leader of his faction.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Marisha’s recruitment is the one of the most unethical in the series, what did I just read? I don’t think this kid understands what war is…

Marisha is a horrible, horrible character, that's what she is.

Raise her out of spite.

Wait, this doesn't make sense.

No, it doesn't.

Oh God, you're using the bad one.

"The bad one"? Which one's the good one, then? That's the best DS emulator out there.

Lorenz is actually fulfilling the role his design would usually have instead of being playable.

Also, Ruben’s favorite set of twins have been name dropped like five times. And every time someone opens their mouth it’s “Lang is so evil!”, this game is a little heavy with the exposition dialogue. But I prefer it to Shadow Dragon where literally nothing was ever set up, ever.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had to promote Arthur to general right there to stand a chance and even then the absolute bastard got doubled to death by the diviner spam

Did Jakob reach lvl15? Tomebreaker can help alot

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The bad one"? Which one's the good one, then? That's the best DS emulator out there.

DeSuMe shits the bed every time I use it.

MelonDS had a much more favorable impression.

Trails in the Sky is currently on sale on Steam so I got it, therefore I have sold my soul to the teehee. Zoo wee mama now I can fit into this thread! Hopefully my computer can run it, but I can get a refund if it can't.

I would've got it yesterday, but that was Buy Nothing Day so I couldn't buy anything then.

15 hours ago, Dayni said:

Does every one of these crafting games have a firey hell?

Basically, but Terraria's is at the bottom of the world rather than being an alternate dimension like in Minecraft.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's neat knowledge to have... But I think I'll stick to digging my hole for now. It also allows easier access to the caverns, and it'll serve an alternate purpose later on.

As well you should, since you can't lava fish without going to the Underworld first anyway. I just thought the information was topical.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oof.

Leave her alone, Nia doesn't even care if Rex likes romantically. That's the whole point of the scene.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I would've got it yesterday, but that was Buy Nothing Day so I couldn't buy anything then.

Understandable.

I failed because of car maintainance.

DeSuMe shits the bed every time I use it.

MelonDS had a much more favorable impression.

Curious about MelonDS now, as someone who's been fine with DesMume.

(Does it work with Contact?)