Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Both Jubelo and Yuliya’s first levels were complete garbage, and I am not ashamed to admit that I used a save state to get a slightly better level for Jubelo. But hey, I tried them.

And now Wrys just leveled magic and speed.

Also @Saint Rubenio use Midori because you’ve used Ignatius 3000 times before.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Why is Lunatic Conquest so reinforcement happy in the late game?

Just looking at the waves and seeing just how much less there are on Hard is kinda shocking to me.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

What is Contact?

A DS game that's supposed to be eclectic and works with it's two screens being quite separate. I wish I could say more, but.......

It's also a bitch to emulate. As I can attest from personal experience

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

People swear on their life DeSuMe is like the best DS emulator but i've never had it run well.

Also fun fact that i just remembered: the developers of DeSuMe hate Pokemon to the point that the emulator is specifically programmed to not run Pokemon games (or at least make them very unstable). This is a confirmed fact. So if you ever wanna emulate Pokemon, never use DeSuMe.

Trying to intentionally wreck some great games out of spite just is bothersome.

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The second half is Rev change my mind.

Wow, the RNG really hates me today. Yes I got that one near perfect level, but in exchange Jubelo got one level of just HP and skill that I reloaded a save state to fix and then he got a nothing level that I reloaded for, Sirius got a drug that stole a kill, Cord missed an essential hit… ugh. I should stop messing with the levels though, I don’t want to stoop that low. If Jubelo sucks, that’s his problem.

26 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I was watching that just now actually.

Iggy, because that's the name of a Mario character.

Hah! Well, that's one vote for Ignatius. Even if it's only because I affectionately called him Iggy.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Both Jubelo and Yuliya’s first levels were complete garbage, and I am not ashamed to admit that I used a save state to get a slightly better level for Jubelo. But hey, I tried them.

Not to worry. I do some level rigging with save points myself. Not that my signature's Yubello ever needed such tricks.

And now Wrys just leveled magic and speed.

Yes! Good Wrys! Good Wrys time!!!

Also @Saint Rubenio use Midori because you’ve used Ignatius 3000 times before.

Fair point. I mean, I intend to use him, just a matter of who gets to enter the team first.

22 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

oh boi

This will be tough

I mean, I can just re-deploy her if (when) I feel I absolutely need her. Azura needs zero investment.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

is Lunatic Conquest so reinforcement happy in the late game?

Just looking at the waves and seeing just how much less there are on Hard is kinda shocking to me.

Not gonna lie, I think I'll downgrade to hard in Ryoma. Ryoma and endgame are cancer in lunatic, and Iago, an already rather tedious map, is ten times more tedious because it throws like 10 generals and berserkers at you.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, the RNG really hates me today. Yes I got that one near perfect level, but in exchange Jubelo got one level of just HP and skill that I reloaded a save state to fix and then he got a nothing level that I reloaded for, Sirius got a drug that stole a kill, Cord missed an essential hit… ugh. I should stop messing with the levels though, I don’t want to stoop that low. If Jubelo sucks, that’s his problem.

Too bad you don't have the DLC items.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to worry. I do some level rigging with save points myself. Not that my signature's Yubello ever needed such tricks.

I don’t want to cheat the game that much though.

Although, you’ll be proud, Jubelo got a magic level from chip damage on the boss all on his own, no save shenanigans needed.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad you don't have the DLC items.

I can hear a rant about tainting my run somewhere in the distance.

What DLC item though?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Well, that's one vote for Ignatius. Even if it's only because I affectionately called him Iggy.

I just assumed that was the guy's name and now I really wish it actually was.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The biggest Problems with Rev i see:

• Lol what's balance. I needed a balance patch to enjoy the sandbox'ing as much as i did or it would've been grind hell
  • Really Boring Late game. Starting Mikoto the maps became all 💤. Endgame was super dissapointing
  • Enemy defense stats were a tad bit too much inflated. 

7/10

Sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They didn’t include Wrys in New Mystery book 2? No wonder Ruben doesn’t like that one.

No Wrys in Book 1 too, poor guy got replaced with that famous healer Vulnerary-chan

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Does a higher difficulty fix 3 as well, or is it still a boring slog if you want Matthis?

Sorry the only way to make chapter 3 not suck is to not care about a dead Matthis and take the bridge. Although you have to be very careful with Palla on the higher difficulties.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, the game is giving me deployment slots again, and because this chapter doesn’t have 500 wyverns I can bench Gordin as well. So I’ll bring Arran to maybe start that support and see if it’s that good and… uh… Cord? It’ll make Shaky Jones happy.

Cord is great thank to that early game Axey-boy triangle attack. Do note they don't have to stay in the class to do the triangle attack...

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have never found a time where triangle attack would ever be useful in any FE, and I’ve only ever actually used it one time just to see if it would have helped me (I’m pretty sure I had to divine pulse after anyway and undo it because it got all my units killed against Nemesis. Or they missed. Or both, I can’t remember).

Fun fact, Bord at base can one shot Lang using that triangle attack and a hammer, even on the highest difficulty.

Glad to see you trying them out!

random I know, but here is an old image I made of an endgame Yubello back in the day (I can't remember why I uploaded it, but here it is for funsies)

AM-JKLXBf25Ia1w-sk0phjElcwhhZTm41D9CFVw5

49 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I don't think I'll ever use male mage Kris. It just sounds so dissapointing. He's not built for magic. What would his grandpa say?

Glad you specified Male Mage Kris, as Female Mage Kris is great thanks to the power of the female only Nosferatu tanking powers.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, I have room for one more character in chapter 14. If I were smart, I'd make that character Azura, but for the first time in Conquest, I've allowed myself to have too many units I want to use, so Azura was pushed to the sidelines. I'm debating between Iggy and Midori. Which one do you guys prefer? Or maybe I could put Candace on the team.

.Do Candace....you know you want to.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't say their plans to stablish a balance of power and divide Elibe between them and Bern to be cartoonishly evil.

Perhaps plan apart from persons then, as they certainly act cartoonish though, there is nothing redeeming in them whatsoever. (And although it's not their fault, the labeling of them as "revolutionaries" in the patch I used is so wrong. They're reactionaries if anything.) I can't hold the dastardly duo of Etruria in high regard. (And again, not their fault, but their corruptness, although indirectly indicative that Zephiel wasn't entirely wrong on human nature, devours too much of FE6's plot.)

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sirius... he is A CHAR.

Shame I'm the only one to get this here. And even then though only through Elzam. But I did imagine this independently as a child, probably thanks to the Internet.

Though seriously, Camus's signature color being black (which I take is Char's highlight color to red as his primary/base color), his hair being blonde, and his ace warrior status helps with the comparison. If only Kaga came out and confirmed it.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Although im not sure how "stable" DS emulation is overall.

I don't think I ever had a serious issue with Desmume on my old Mac. Maybe a little lag here or there, but I don't recall any crashes or prolonged sluggishness.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So did you play FE12 or did you not?

I did. I got cremated over and over again at the Fire Dragon Graveyard, got severe frostbite outside the Ice Dragon Temple, and got butchered by unexpected Dracoknights in Gra. Those are the lingering strong memories I have of New Mystery, practically everything else has receded. I do recall trying to rig a 1-turn on the Map Where Radd and Caesar Accept Their Fate As Lance Fodder, and having to go chokepointing defense at Pales b/c reinforcements from behind the starting area were too strong. But nothing so vivid were those.

I forget when exactly I played New Mystery, but I believe it was within a year of playing FE3, of which I found Book 1 soulless, but Book 2 was wonderful SNES magic. Perhaps I shouldn't have gotten into FE12 so soon after FE3, because there was little sense of wonder. Was it more challenging? Yes playing on Hard 1, it was certainly was. It also had greater enemy diversity, a map design improvement over FE11, which had failed 95% of the time to integrate post-FE1 classes into its maps.

But by the end... never touching Maniac or Lunatic. And going back to that game in general... maybe on Normal. 

As for who I used, if I named the names, you'd vomit. Because I can assure you, I did not feel compelled to use any trash. As with FE6 Normal, I found my willingness to baby needy benchwarmers to stardom to be in short supply for New Mystery. I felt like "Free Silvers" wasn't a tier solely for Lunatic, if you're old enough to know what that means.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

What is Contact?

Very niche and kinda weird game made by Grasshopper- the studio whose head is Suda51. If you're not familiar with him, everything he makes is totally avant garde, he is certainly one of the most known and also artsy figures in the industry. Practically everything he makes is a cult classic to some extent. He did hit it big-ish with No More Heroes, but I wouldn't say he ever got the mass presence that Hideo Kojima has built up via MGS and FedEx & Quarantine Prediction.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps plan apart from persons then, as they certainly act cartoonish though, there is nothing redeeming in them whatsoever. (And although it's not their fault, the labeling of them as "revolutionaries" in the patch I used is so wrong. They're reactionaries if anything.) I can't hold the dastardly duo of Etruria in high regard. (And again, not their fault, but their corruptness, although indirectly indicative that Zephiel wasn't entirely wrong on human nature, devours too much of FE6's plot.)

Being reactionaries doesn't preclude their uprising to be a revolution. Revolutions can be progressive, regressive, or anything in-between. You only need a violent uprising to bring change. A revolve, turnaround. That's why it's called Revolution. In this case, a change to the current political climate in regards to King Mordred's policy, marred by his grief of losing his son.

Should be noted they also have the extra caveat of triggering their uprising because Roy was close to uncovering their involvement in the corruption going on at the Western Isles. So they weren't just revolting for the lulz.

---

Okay, next Broken Steel mission. Got to head to the ruins of Olney to get the COILS, the TESLA coils, the coils of NIKOLA Tesla...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think I ever had a serious issue with Desmume on my old Mac. Maybe a little lag here or there, but I don't recall any crashes or prolonged sluggishness.

Hmm, interesting! Ofc now that I have a way better computer, its no issue for me.

That said, they certainly aren't masterminds. Since Bern were using them to get rid of the Lycian Alliance discreetly. That's why Commander Flaer was there, overseeing the whole operation, and he was the contact selling the idea of an Etruria-Bern alliance sharing the continent to them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We all do some level rigging here and there. By the way, do you or anyone have advice on chapter 17? Not on how to win. This is the one with Tomas. He's gotten 2 level ups, both with speed and defense. But now I'm thinking. Should I play it like normal, or do I kill all weak Grist soldiers with Tomas for max xp shenanigans. More importantly, I'll get to have an excuse to defeat the boss instead of recruit them for even more dirty xp. Then again, its rather rude to unnecessarily game end Sheema and Samson, and its usually nicer to try to save most units on an ironman. Also, I wasted a rescue on Tomas immediately when he was going to get 1RKO'd by a longbow user. Hey, I wanted Tomas to kill the western wyverns. I might have to drop one of my horseman for Tomas. Probably Luke. I used him far too many times.

Well, I can definitely see how the drill grounds would help you break the game. I went through one battle as a test run but Kris got a level from it and got strength so I’m keeping that. It looks like you don’t get money from winning, though. Which is good, otherwise it would be completely and utterly broken.

Anyway, sorry Wrys and Cecil, you’re getting benched for Jubelo and Yuliya (Cecil might come back though). Cord, that one chapter was nice, especially since your one level was really good and you did perfect damage for Jubelo to get kills, but I need Julian so I can recruit Rickard and then literally never use him.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, is it better than NO$GBA? Xd

No clue, never heard of that one.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why though?

I was horny bored.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's too much to reply to and I have to go through dinner first, but I want everyone to know.

Kaga has been soundly defeated. Iga is now the champion of bullshit.

Continuing Curse of the Moon 2?

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Now I'm curious as to what that list looks like.

I have to update it anyways.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The illusion was quickly shattered to a million pieces when I tried to swing it. The upgrades were gone. Not only did we lose a character, but the two Zangetsus were reverted to a state of uselessness when we got the good ending sword. What the fuck

Want me to twist the knife even more? Turns out you didn't need that. If you beat Episode II without the true sword, you unlock a special Episode that unlocks the path to the true ending anyways.

All the sword pieces do is let you reach the true ending quicker.

So yes, Kaga wishes he did this. He weeps while Iga Default Dances.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...and that's Rev

It wasn't half bad. Certainly not ''Worst FE of all time'' Bad, and no map i found super offensive, either. Although plenty of boring maps, and many that felt just like a weaker version of Conquest's.

The biggest Problems with Rev i see:

• Lol what's balance. I needed a balance patch to enjoy the sandbox'ing as much as i did or it would've been grind hell
  • Really Boring Late game. Starting Mikoto the maps became all 💤. Endgame was super dissapointing
  • Enemy defense stats were a tad bit too much inflated. 

7/10

Yeah pretty much.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Suda51.

Oh i know him. One of his games has 100 different endings and it deletes your save each time you get one, forcing you to play the game 100 times to get all the endings.

So yes, artsy indeed.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not use Julian? Not even to recruit Lena? Or you mean not using Rickard.

Rickard.

Has anyone ever used Rickard? The only way I can imagine that happening is if you accidentally get Julian killed in an iron man.

Just now, Sooks said:

Rickard.

Has anyone ever used Rickard? The only way I can imagine that happening is if you accidentally get Julian killed in an iron man.

In this game or in general?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In general, I don’t know much about fe12. But in his appearances in fe1 and fe11, yeah

In FE11, Rickard is really just your replacement Julian in an ironman. In FE12, you wouldn't even use him in that. Marth is more than enough, and you'll rarely, if ever need door keys. Also, FE12 just has less deployment slots than SD, so it's often not wasting a slot for a thief.