• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Being reactionaries doesn't preclude their uprising to be a revolution. Revolutions can be progressive, regressive, or anything in-between. You only need a violent uprising to bring change. A revolve, turnaround. That's why it's called Revolution. In this case, a change to the current political climate in regards to King Mordred's policy, marred by his grief of losing his son.

I know the French Revolution started moderate with constitutional monarchy, shifted radical with Robespierre and republicanism, and then Thermidorian Reaction to oligarchic conservatism, and lastly Napoleon did whatever you'd brand him as. An enlightened despot invoking the spirit of conservatism and the words of liberalism I suppose.

But in the case of a video game, "revolution" I suppose has had a distinctly liberal slant to me, not sure why. Maybe because I snobbishly think popular video game developers can't possibly use the word in anything but the popular parlance. So what Etruria had came off to me as a coup, but not a revolution. 

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i know him. One of his games has 100 different endings and it deletes your save each time you get one, forcing you to play the game 100 times to get all the endings.

So yes, artsy indeed.

I had not heard of that detail.

His popular No More Heroes, his magnum opus Killer7, his earlier titles The Silver Case and Flower, Sun, and Rain; Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer Is Dead (which not related to Killer7), his "Don't Ever Work With EA" title Shadows of the Damned, and Contact. But I wasn't aware of the 100 endings and save-delete thing.

-I have played none of these, and can die without regrets not doing so, nor even watching LPs of them. He is too out there for me.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was horny bored.

This reminds me of what I stumbled on during my brief time on Discord.:

cgb7s4q6q2h31.png

A little more sophisticated and different from the usual "rate the attractive sex" chart.

I was gonna save this for a "Punish Ruben with 3H moment", but I changed my mind.🥰

I'd like to see this done for every other FE, but as I'm a greenhorn in determining such matters, I can't do it myself.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me of what I stumbled on during my brief time on Discord.:

cgb7s4q6q2h31.png

This is beautiful. This is the best image I’ve seen on the internet in a while.

I'd like to see this done for every other FE, but as I'm a greenhorn in determining such matters, I can't do it myself.

I can do it for FEs but with girls instead

Edited by Sooks

The random cleric we picked up a couple chapters ago just so happened to be Lena’s pupil? Sure game, sure. She’s studying under a new teacher anyway, her name is The Bench.

Well, that’s chapter 5 done. Fe12 seems to think the idea of a good side objective is to spend 10 turns walking there and then to the enemies. I don’t like that, but the game has been pretty insistent on sticking villages, which you can only visit with the lord who is also the only character who can seize, in the corners of maps, and then separating them from the center of the action with terrain Marth can’t cross (mountains!). It did it in chapter 3, and now it happened again here in 5. It just makes everything needlessly slow.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I wasn't aware of the 100 endings and save-delete thing.

So I looked it up. It's called The Silver Case: 25th Ward. Turns out the whole delete save thing was just a prank by the devs.

There is this from a review I found tho:

"But one of the most egregious things that this game does is that you can't actually save the game for most of it. At least, as far as we can tell, and we tried our darnedest to figure it out — it seems like you can only save in the sections where you have the interactive menu available, which is about once every 30 minutes at least"

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The random cleric we picked up a couple chapters ago just so happened to be Lena’s pupil? Sure game, sure. She’s studying under a new teacher anyway, her name is The Bench.

Well, got to be able to use the Hammerne somehow, since Lena is unavailable for plot reasons, as you heard in Chapter 3 from Julian and Mathis.

Fun fact, in the original, the Rescue Staff was also Prf locked to Yuliya, thus giving both early clerics a niche.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, in the original, the Rescue Staff was also Prf locked to Yuliya, thus giving both early clerics a niche.

And what was Wrys’ prf? Being bald?

Oh, that’s right, Wrys wasn’t in fe3, was he? A shame the remake didn’t give him a prf, then. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And what was Wrys’ prf? Being bald?

Oh, that’s right, Wrys wasn’t in fe3, was he? A shame the remake didn’t give him a prf, then. 

He wouldn't have one anyway, since the remake removed Yuliya's exclusivity to the Rescue Staff. As it is, Hammerne and Aum are the only exclusive staffs, but not exactly one-person prf's. The remakes did the logical thing and made Aum available to every princess, which thanks to reclass is now possible for them all to be in a staff-wielding class.

Jagen thinks Kris’ strength is simply tremendous. I think Kris is tremendously over leveled.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He wouldn't have one anyway, since the remake removed Yuliya's exclusivity to the Rescue Staff. As it is, Hammerne and Aum are the only exclusive staffs, but not exactly one-person prf's. The remakes did the logical thing and made Aum available to every princess, which thanks to reclass is now possible for them all to be in a staff-wielding class.

Ah, yeah, Shadow Dragon also lets any princess wield Aum. Although it gives you Elice, so unless you make a very tragic mistake with her you should be good.

Then again, maybe fe12 does something similar, I’m not there yet.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah, yeah, Shadow Dragon also lets any princess wield Aum. Although it gives you Elice, so unless you make a very tragic mistake with her you should be good.

Then again, maybe fe12 does something similar, I’m not there yet.

Yeah, for plot reasons. Since Gharnef wanted insurance, thus keeping Elice prisoner instead of killing her. At the same time, she also had the staff herself, not in a chest in the temple in Chapter 24. In fact, in the original and Book 1 I believe, the staff could only be used in the building, not anywhere like what the DS remakes did.

Yeah, you could say that in regards to Aum...

tBKSmuX.png
x3ld4vg.png

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, for plot reasons. Since Gharnef wanted insurance, thus keeping Elice prisoner instead of killing her. At the same time, she also had the staff herself, not in a chest in the temple in Chapter 24. In fact, in the original and Book 1 I believe, the staff could only be used in the building, not anywhere like what the DS remakes did.

Yeah, can confirm that in the original, the aum staff couldn’t be used outside the temple.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Evening! What did I miss?

I progressed in fe12 and everyone was wishing you well for the concert.

Edited by Sooks

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I progressed in fe12 and everyone was wishing you well for the concert.

Nice.

The first day of concerts went pretty OK! I didn't mess up any of my solos, but I played quite poorly during the dress rehearsal, so that makes me a little nervous for tomorrow, since we more or less jump right into the concert.

That said, the first venue is by far the hardest to play in because of the acoustics, so maybe it'll go OK.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Luke or whatever his name is: "lay-deez nuts haha gottem"

How could you forget the name of the most memorable Archanean character?

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

huh

guess I never got that conversation since I bench them both

I loved Luke from the second he first opened his mouth, and I’ve been using Roderick just to get their support.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice.

The first day of concerts went pretty OK! I didn't mess up any of my solos, but I played quite poorly during the dress rehearsal, so that makes me a little nervous for tomorrow, since we more or less jump right into the concert.

That said, the first venue is by far the hardest to play in because of the acoustics, so maybe it'll go OK.

I hope you do well then too!

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice.

Good Luck, and play well!

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How could you forget the name of the most memorable Archanean character?

There are so many generic womanizer, is this one Sain? Saul? Homer? Iuchar? Gatrie? Laslow (I legitimately don't remember if that is his Awakening name or his Fates one...)? Soliel? Gray? Sylvain? AH Luke...that is the one.

45 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

guess I never got that conversation since I bench them both

Archanean Cavalier moment.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Soliel?

Soliel slander? In my realm?