• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So, I just watched Rhythm Section. A better title would be Fuck Around and Find Out: the Movie because shit that can be described as that happens so often that I just couldn't ignore it any more and said it repeatedly.

I had other issues with it, but I felt I had to mention that one at least.

33 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The thumbnail's a good Nice.png

So i'm playing through Trails SC for the fourth time, and i always notice something new about the game whether it's major or just a small touch that makes the game more polished. One of the reasons that I love this game!

Wow, the prologue chapters on maniac are much more difficult, like everyone-dies-in-two-hits difficult. The puzzle comparison makes even more sense though, but the solution to all of the puzzles was put everyone in the opposite corner from the enemy except Kris, who could lure a couple, then throw the entire army at them next turn. Except the second time the map was a Kris and Athena fest instead of just Kris (are these even possible with Gordin instead?). I had to think, though, so this is a good sign. I still have half the prologue chapters left, though, and 8 kinda scares me.

Ok that's actually really based.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

game-boy.large.jpg

An original Game Boy that Nintendo keeps on public display in NYC, it survived a blast during the Gulf War in the 90s. Still functioned afterwards

Yep.

Back from when Nintendo products were made of orichalcum or whatever.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

otFM7sT.png

Ya know, playing the Fates version of Elincia's Gambit makes me wanna see a Fates version of other popular maps in the series

Fates version of 3-13.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

5i71ydsaad281.jpg

Polygamy moment.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

like everyone-dies-in-two-hits difficult

Wait that isn't how DSFE always works?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

are these even possible with Gordin instead?

It is, but Athena definitely makes things easier. Besides, Athena's map in P4 is easier than Jeorge, so I don't see why'd you'd go for his unless you just didn't know about the split. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I had to think, though, so this is a good sign. I still have half the prologue chapters left, though, and 8 kinda scares me.

Well many find that the prologue is often considered harder than a lot of the main game for how specific you have to play, so the fact that you're not put off by the extra thinking is a good thing. I imagine 8 will mainly be a nightmare if you trigger the enemy map to run in at you from the center silver axe boi, so I guess just wait out reinforcements first. By the way, is Kris the same?

8 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

so the fact that you're not put off by the extra thinking is a good thing.

My second favorite FE is Conquest, it’s pretty hard to like Conquest if you don’t like having to think everything through.

I imagine 8 will mainly be a nightmare if you trigger the enemy map to run in at you from the center silver axe boi, so I guess just wait out reinforcements first.

Wait them out? When do they stop?

By the way, is Kris the same?

Yes, default appearance mercenary with noble’s child/diverse/humane.

Wait them out? When do they stop?

I believe they show up on turn 2 and 4. Maybe 6 if I'm not remembering things right.

My second favorite FE is Conquest, it’s pretty hard to like Conquest if you don’t like having to think everything through

True. Last time I didn't put much effort in Conquest, I lost Nina near the very end of a map. No reset for her. That's probably cringe to to at least one person.

Despite feeling pretty fine, covid is remaining unusually stubborn with me in one way- a cough. A shallow cough, no soreness of throat, no congestion in the chest, the nasal passages don't run, it's just one persistent, very frequent yet not omnipresent cough. It feels strange, for as much as I'm fluidly typing online, I can't speak ten sentences IRL without starting to hack up a storm. If you needed someone to instantly shut down a pandemic-conscious theatre, I could be very effective at doing so right now. It's been bothering me for three or four days at this point, with no ready signs of abatement.

Someone also keeps suggesting I take cough drops to ease the bothersome reflex. While they work as long as they're resting in my saliva, the flavor is bland, and I don't like how they make it feel like a minty smokescreen is going off in my mouth. I think I'd rather wheeze than let those touch my tongue.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oof, first concert today didn't go great...

Well, hopefully I can play well for the final one tonight.

Go out there and BLOW IT!

...You are playing a wind instrument, right?😅

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

5i71ydsaad281.jpg

Guy who respectfully turns down anime girls who seriously want him.😆

Nice, for a change of pace.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, make the final one a great one!

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good Luck and Play well !

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright, I have the tools, so I'm going to attempt to fix my 3DS manually.

Wish me luck!

What is wrong with your 3DS?

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What is wrong with your 3DS?

Memory card was uncentered somehow so I had to open up the system and reposition it.

Which was a success! And so my first ever Nintendo console stays alive once more.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20211128_215524.jpg

I spent 30 minutes fighting this superboss only to lose.

Dont you just love that!? I can relate, sitting in four hour battles in Megadimension only to fail. Yikes. 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, make the final one a great one!

Thank you! Thank you to Eltosian as well, but I messed up the formatting.

Well, I wasn't great, but at least I didn't crash the entire orchestra in one of the pieces this time!

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good Luck and Play well !

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...You are playing a wind instrument, right?😅

Aye! The oboe.

There was a bit of panic, because yesterday I opened Desmume to check the audio options so I could guide Sooks and test out , and I somehow disabled a graphical setting that glitched out the emulator. I thought "there we go, as soon as I open my mouth, it craps itself like VBA." Thankfully, I've been able to find the option again, and all is well.

Display method -> Direct 3D was the option. Not sure what it does exactly, but not having it is bad.

13 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

In my run Avel grew wings and became white

This is the problem with making a character's personality "my horse" in a game with reclassing.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

So, guys, funny story.

The most recent DeSmuME uses saves in the .dsv format, while practically every other DS emulator, including older version of DeSmuME, apparently uses .sav. Now, that’s actually not a problem, because the thought DeSmuME devs built into the program a way to export your save files as .sav instead!

Except, when I try to import that save (which it does recognize) onto the DeSmuME that actually works™, I get a message that says something along the lines of ”Save data size cannot reliably be determined” and a couple options from there, but none of them work. Pressing okay with any of them just reloads the emulator, but with no save data there. So, I guess that’s more of an excuse to restart? Assuming this emulator does actually work better, which I hope it does.

Oof.

Well, let's hope it works better, at the very least.

11 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's OUR funny number now.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So i'm playing through Trails SC for the fourth time, and i always notice something new about the game whether it's major or just a small touch that makes the game more polished. One of the reasons that I love this game!

Hey, that's me with Berwick Saga! I can relate to that feeling, even if it's for different games.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wow, the prologue chapters on maniac are much more difficult, like everyone-dies-in-two-hits difficult. The puzzle comparison makes even more sense though, but the solution to all of the puzzles was put everyone in the opposite corner from the enemy except Kris, who could lure a couple, then throw the entire army at them next turn. Except the second time the map was a Kris and Athena fest instead of just Kris (are these even possible with Gordin instead?). I had to think, though, so this is a good sign. I still have half the prologue chapters left, though, and 8 kinda scares me.

I did warn you the gap between the difficulties was big.

Incidentally, how's the emulator? Any better after all?

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

@Saint Rubenio I was asking about this different Desmume you mentioned. Or is it just settings I missed when I was trying to look earlier? Just asking now for the morning.

It's the morning now.

I use Desmume x456r. Pick it up here if you wish.

10 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

It is, but Athena definitely makes things easier. Besides, Athena's map in P4 is easier than Jeorge, so I don't see why'd you'd go for his unless you just didn't know about the split. 

The prologue choices are cute, but so unbalanced. Draug/Ogma is the only one that's semi-reasonable. Est is so much worse than Cain for prologue 8 it hurts, and not only does the same happen with Gordin and Athena, but on top of that, Jeorge's map is hell whereas in Athena's you just kill the one archer and you can choke the point for days. They could've done a better job there.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Good luck! Uh, probably too late, again.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright, I have the tools, so I'm going to attempt to fix my 3DS manually.

Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you too!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ugh, prologue 8 done. That was such a boring turtle fest, it felt like it took forever. At least it’s done now, though.

Prologue 8 is my least favorite prologue too. They got carried away with the reinforcements. I can't see a way to beat the map without first turtling at the beginning until all the reinforcements die.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oof, that halftime switch...

Jikes.